• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomball Monthlies; second monthly coming early March?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
We find a Shell station and I ask two guys for help, and while one of them didn't seem too upset about it, the other guy simply throws up his hands and says "Does it look like I have a ****ing sign on my head that says Joe Mechainic?!" and flicks me off.........
oh boy, wish i was there! someone woulda got roughed up somthin awful :laugh:

Nike.

Smash Hero
And I didnt even have parental permission to go ;D

Im off to post in the results thread

EDIT: There is none :o

Popertop

Smash Champion
Shoutouts GO!

Espy: Best sonic I ever played, and a **** impressive one to boot. Our matches were too close. It seems we have a similar style of aggression, we both took a LOT of damage. GG's, my most intense set ever in tournament.

Hiza: A Falcon main? Rofl, good games man, and thank's for all that Link advice, I'll work on it and maybe have it down by Final Smash. Link v Falcon is too epic for words, should have been recorded. And lol @ comparing me to Deva, that's a huge compliment.

Kprime?: Not sure if it was you who beat me in Loser's Bracket, crazy pikachu. Was not expecting that. I really should have tried a secondary. Too good though, haven't fought a good Pika in brackets in a long time.

ADJMP: Fun matches, also LOL matches. I dunno why but everyone wants my Wario.

Jerm: Fun friendlies, and LInk dittos are too good. lol.

Ozz: LOL Link v Marth LOL. Those are fun b/c I can actually space Marth with projectiles lol.

Hyli: **** you. Nah jk, I really didn't expect you to have Wario practice, and to play that defensive. Although I must admit, in every MM or set we play I get aggravated and lose my cool. Good stuff though we will have to do taht again, maybe without the money lol.

iLL: Another Falcon main? LOL. Fun games man, too good. Link versus Falcon is probably now my favorite matchup in this game. Good stuff.

Well Excuuuuuuse ME Princess: We didn't LInk ditto. :(. Dun wury tho, it's k, we will get after it at FS5.

Kown: Our matches were tooooo intense. For no reason at all. I think you were at 180 and I was at 200 at one point. Characters have no business living that long at all. What the hell Kown, honestly. lol.

CY: Butthole

Sethlon: GG's in GGAC, I almost had you that one game. LOL @ "How are you getting that to Clean Hit when you don't even PLAY THIS GAME!!" LOL, my friend can tell you all about how I have latent tech skill in games I've never played lololololl. I should pick up a copy and practice lol.

Bear & King Mosquito: GG's in Melee, as PHAIL as it was. And in Street fighter, should have played more. I dunno why, but I can't STAND Elena. I just can't.

Random Ken player in Street Fighter: LOl, keep whorin' that top tier man.

Random CHun player in Street Fighter: LOl, keep whorin' that top tier man. lol jk jk.

Fliptopper the Show stopper: GG's, I'll getcha next time in SF when my supers and EX moves actually go off lol. And I promise to actually play you in Brawl lol whenever we play I swear I go on auto pilot lol. And we have to get that MM in ONLY once I have online experience. LOL.

Gnes and Gea: We didn't play. :( I swear we always forget to friendly. lol.

GG's everyone I played, sorry if I forgot you I played a lot of friendlies lol.
I can't wait for the next one this was too fun.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hyli: **** you. Nah jk, I really didn't expect you to have Wario practice, and to play that defensive. Although I must admit, in every MM or set we play I get aggravated and lose my cool. Good stuff though we will have to do taht again, maybe without the money lol.
Seriously Popertop? He lives 10 mins from my house and we play like 1-2 times a week, lol.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I Hate to hear that guys, you gotta be careful out there. Most of, if not all of those situations sound completely preventable. Road trips suck ***, c'est la vive. Hope SA can look more objectively upon the trip's events and see that a series of ****ty occurrences don't exactly correlate to the tourney itself. Please come back guys.

Also, I used to work for Dish Network as a Field technician and was subjected to frequent Texas travels, so if you ever need directions, dont hesitate to call me, anytime, before you leave, ill hook you up with shortcuts and even landmarks, so as to orient yourself constantly.

My cell: (832) 642-1691

Thanks for coming in spite of all that though, really

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
not sure if FATS or seth were going to make a results spage so i'll just leave my shout out here and paste it to a new one if it gets made.

iLL - definetly have respect for you man, I really wanted to friendly you but i started getting really sick torwards the end of the singles. next time I will.

JUJ - man you gave me some awesome fights and I am so glad you enjoyed my TL. next time I see you i'll be a lot better and we will play again!

Morning Star - hey man hope everything works out with your ticket, it was great meeting you and making a new smoking buddy, haha

The Jerm - man, seriously...SICK Toon Link. I was seriously about to black out before i saw you and espy fight, which revived me. And thank you alot for the TL lessons #1. at FS5 i'd like if you could see me play to see how much i've improved. all day I'm practicing JC throws, and learning to think in 2's. idk what else to say but seriously amazing TL and hope mine didn't disgrace you lol.

Furbs - I had never fought a Yoshi before and one hell of a one to go against! first match i got destroyed, but ni felt our second match i learned a lot from my mistakes and gave you a good fight. thank's so much for the great matches and some of the tips you gave me.

Hylian - I am seriously surprised you got there right at eleven, and you got lost, which makes it more surprising. Hope the DP i got you served you well :p

Flip - hey finally got to meet you in person, thanks for coming man. I REALLY wish I could have seen the grand finals but by that time i was so strung out, sick, and high that i couldn't function. someone better of recorded that ****.

Razer - you are too smal to be that good. as above mentioned i really wish i saw the Grand finals, but i sawsome of your other matches, you always impress.

to anyone else I'm forgetting - sorry there is ALOT that aparently happened that I do not remember, it's weird that if you take 5 days worth of caffeine pills what happens. thank you all for coming, hope it was fun, there WILL be more

EDIT - Popertop - hey man sorry, i wanted to but i was really out of it, and my link's been put into the background as i've picked up TL. anyway at FS5 we WILL play, lol. you must be pretty good if Hiza liked your link, lord knows i've used him many a times against his falcon

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ahh, WEMP.. forgot, another person I played new. With the badass name lol.. but anyways, its always fun seeing another toon. Hopefully you can get those new tricks down by next week. Then more toon link ditto's =]

CY

Smash Ace
that sucks SA, luckily i had my parent's GPS or i probably would of got lost too. **** was scary, my windshield was smeared, there was fog, and the construction on I10 made it only 2 lanes for some parts of the drives. meaning a car next to me, and a wall on the other side of me when i could barely see. then the road would wind and ughhhh **** was INTENSE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yep, once you experience the roads of Tomball and Magnolia, your life will never be the same again. Seriously, first time I went to Magnolia, I almost crapped my pants on the way home. It was late at night, foggy, and I was driving by myself and got lost at least twice. :(

Also, fear the wraith of Simno. Go forth and spread the word...or he'll kill you! :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lol, pretty much everything was avoidable.

-Was doing 79 on the highway, and I got lucky enough to just walk away with a ticket.
-Following greyfox through 5 u-turns before getting stuck in mud. We'd still be out there pushing
-Greyfox not making that crazy turn onto the highway, where we couldnt follow him cuz of traffic. They went on and we were split
-Houston has pay tolls on the highways. Very lame
-2 hours of sleep friday night, then 24 staight hours awake, driving most of saturday
-The half hour I did try to sleep on the way back, kyle couldnt see past 20 feet. Going 30 on the interstate suks. (We finally just blamed everything on greyfox at this point xD)

Other than the horrible roadtrip going both ways, the tourny itself was awesome. It may very well be the best run one ive ever been to. Everything ran smoothly, and singles was over by 6:30. Dubs took no more than 3 hours. A little black kid kept offering everyone dr pepper and mountain dew. I bought one and he came back to me 4 times before I finished it. Hope his parents at least gave him something for bothering us for the whole day.

I did record matches. Idk when they'll be up though.

Shout-out time!

Hiza: Major props for maining falcon. When you put him on the screen, I kinda felt bad about playing marth. But they ended up being my favorite matches of the day. Beast tourny hoster!

Fliphop: I counterpicked you and even went norfair, yet you still ***** me both matches. Nothing I could do. Your trash talk in winners and grands was PRICELESS. "Stadium? Stadium? NO!" *clicks on luigis mansion as razer sighs*

CY: You played a match against KPrime and I kept laughing when he chaingrabbed you to %50ish and were you like "What the ****?!?"

Wemp: The best ran tourny I can remember. You guys even brought wings and chesseburgers. WIN.

Sethlon: You never had the chance to **** me with roy D:

Razer: CRAZY!!! Watched your friendlies with Hylian and he just couldnt handle it (even though he doesnt try in friendlies)

G@be: Your still **** at melee. I froze up so bad I usmashed fox chaingrabs. Too good. And there was alot of melee playes there too.

Melee player: Everytime you killed me, you taunted. It was starting to get really annoying since it wasnt even meant to be a joke.

Technical fox guy: O.M.G. Double shined shinespikes ftw! Even Hylian was giving wtf's (I just used alot of abbreviations)

Gea: I thought I might come back that 2nd game, but no. And afterwards you had said "Oh yea, Ive got alot of marth practice since I play Roy-R all the time." Next time, I'll get you :D

Dojo: ****

Santi: More **** and smexiness

Roy R: Go to tournies!

Hope I didnt forget anyone. Meh SA peeps:

Espy: So glad you went! I knew youd place pretty high and everyone finally knows how serious you sonic is. Even took out Hylian this time. Was rooting for you ;D

KPrime: Same thing. Nobody even knows you outside SA or Austin, yet every game I saw you play was close or you won. Houston was certainly suprised by you. ALMOST got Hylian, but just didnt happen.

Greyfox: You knew exactly where you were going on the way there, then we got ownd on the way back. Buy that car! And I wanna see the video you took up :D

Kyle: Glad you drove for me til we got to the fog. That half was enough to last the next 2 hours. Your peach is really getting good now, and now everybody is starting to know. Wish we couldve brought Alex just so we could represent better.

Moriningstar: Dude, Im so sorry about what happened. I really hope it all works out for you. This trip sukd for use, and worse for you. Next time (if there ever is one) it'll be alot better.

JUJ: JUJJJJJJJJ! So glad you went! We both did alot better than I thought we would. Most certainly need to get some practice in.

ZSdk: DDDDD: I know youd place up there with KPrime and Espy. Was really hoping youd go. Next time for sure! I say we do doubles the next time :D

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Seriously... how did you guys have such a horrible road trip? All of mine have been great XD
Seriously, unless I'm traveling with my friend Dave, every road trip I've been on had to have some incident or something bad happen.

But it does make for entertaining stories :psycho:

Nike.

Smash Hero
From what I remember:

1: FLIPHOP ($130.50) (Diddy)
2: RAZOR ($130.50) (Snake)
3: SAM ($29.00) (Fox/Luigi to counter Fliphop)
4: GNES (Diddy/Kirby against Sethlon)
5: ESPY (Sonic)
5: SETHLON (Falco)
7: KPRIME (Pika)
7: SIMNO (Peach)
9: JUJ (Meta/Kirby/DDD)
9: RT (Lucario)
9: NIKE20 (Marth/Olimar against Fliphop)
9: HYLIAN (Diddy/G&W/Ice Climbers/Meta against Sethlon)
13: POPTOP (Wario)
13: Bear
13: CY (Falco)
13: MORNINGSTAR (Snake)
17: HIZA (Falcon!!!)
17: MATT
17: .!PTT
17: KOWN (Pitt)
17: FURBS (Yoshi)
17: GREYFOX (Zelda)
17: CARNAGE
17: OZZ
25: FATS
25: G@BE (G&W)
25: WELL EXCUSE ME PRINCESS
25: KAIILL
25: JERM

Alot of Diddy, and hardly any MK.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Seriously... how did you guys have such a horrible road trip? All of mine have been great XD
Seriously, unless I'm traveling with my friend Dave, every road trip I've been on had to have some incident or something bad happen.

But it does make for entertaining stories :psycho:
Personally, I felt like something was hovering over us, laughing at our plight for the majority of the trip back to SA from Tomball.

I blame Sakurai.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Simno used Ness. Fear him!

Very few Metas, some Snakes, no Dededes, some G&W, no ROBs, some Marths, some Falcos, quite a few mid/low tiers placed high...wow, this tourney had a very weird mix of characters. And finals was worth watching when it isn't Meta vs Meta. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Simno used Ness. Fear him!

Very few Metas, some Snakes, no Dededes, some G&W, no ROBs, some Marths, some Falcos, quite a few mid/low tiers placed high...wow, this tourney had a very weird mix of characters. And finals was worth watching when it isn't Meta vs Meta. :)
JUJ used Dedede I think.

I like it though.

FS5 will be different though. There's gonna be lots and lots of MKs I think.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whoops, well, whatever. Still, character variety is good. This is why I like Texas. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, all the MKs were absent, heh. Hopefully we'll keep too many MKs from at LEAST doubles finals.

Espy, how come I'm not on your hit list? I know I'm not ranked, but I want to feel special :(

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Crazy trip for SA. Slept for nearly 14 hours when I got home. :) It was a really nice tourney, so many great players.

shout outs

Razer: You're Ally good! Didn't expect that from a wiimote+nunchuk user. You do a lot of amazing things with Snake.

Samboner: I was surprised to see you there. I didn't know you went to tournaments. I knew you would place high since you do so good on wifi with just Fox and Luigi. Really good Luigi, I knew I was going to be owned, I just wish I didn't sd my last stock. :/

Espy: Nice job getting 5th! Sorry about doubles, I did so bad. I was just so **** tired but I really wanted to test out bluechu before FS5. You did amazingly well on your own that last match vs Flip and Razer.

JUJ: 9th is good. I think you could have done better vs me with Kirby. He does so well vs Pika.

Hylain: I thought I was going to win that last match. :/

Poptop: Really nice Wario.

Hiza: Lots of respect for using Falcon in a tournament. You're awesome.

Kown: Best Pit I've ever played. Good arrow looping and those up b to grabs were really nice.

Furbs: Awesome Yoshi, ***** my Ganon good. I would like to play your D3 next time.

OZZ + CY: Great Falcos. Really funny match up for Pika since we can both cg each other to like 50%.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I expected you to get a good night's sleep Mr. Prime. I would've gotten the same, had I had my own room to sleep in atm. Really gay to wake up to a blaring TV right downstairs at 9 in the morning.

Oh well.

I'll do shoutouts soon.

Oh, and it's cool about the teams. I kinda figured you were drowzy. I could tell that you weren't playing with your A-Game. It's all in good fun though, and I had a blast taking on Razer and Fliphop at once. XD

Get plenty of food and sleep before FS5. I did great during Gamelot #4 because I had a fantastic night's sleep and a good breakfast to keep my mind and body sharp.

Bluechu will rise to the top!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good tournament everyone. I just got home lol. I stayed with Sethlon and practiced all day haha. My bracket was insanely hard and I made some bad counterpick choices, but I was playing pretty good so *shrugs*. GG's everyone :).

Melee was fuuunnnn.

See you all at FS5.

Expect to see team Origami...with new characters :p.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Random CHun player in Street Fighter: LOl, keep whorin' that top tier man. lol jk jk.
That'd be me guy. And Chun's been my main the beginning of Street Fighter 2. I love that women to death.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
I am just tossing this in here, so yeah.

I think that everyone did great and everything. Truly. I said it way back when I posted results.

I do believe I deserve some credit for running a good portion of this tourney.
Announcing, registering, etc was done mostly by me, as well as pushing food products and, inevitably, kicking everyone out.

But I will say this: I noticed in another thread (and was told by WEMP) that this tourney was also known as Sethlon 1.

HA! I find that funny. Hats off to you, SETH.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Good tournament everyone. I just got home lol. I stayed with Sethlon and practiced all day haha. My bracket was insanely hard and I made some bad counterpick choices, but I was playing pretty good so *shrugs*. GG's everyone :).

Melee was fuuunnnn.

See you all at FS5.

Expect to see team Origami...with new characters :p.
So...are you gonna go ICs the next time we play, or are you going to make our fights fun and go GaW?
lol

Top Bottom