• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomball Monthlies; second monthly coming early March?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I couldn't grab espys sonic with IC's >_<. I wasted it in friendlies lol. Somehow I still beat him first round with low % without getting one grab though lol. Then the 3rd game I had to mess up my grab on the last stock :/.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I am just tossing this in here, so yeah.

I think that everyone did great and everything. Truly. I said it way back when I posted results.

I do believe I deserve some credit for running a good portion of this tourney.
Announcing, registering, etc was done mostly by me, as well as pushing food products and, inevitably, kicking everyone out.

But I will say this: I noticed in another thread (and was told by WEMP) that this tourney was also known as Sethlon 1.

HA! I find that funny. Hats off to you, SETH.
yea i named it that on my thread. its called sethlon monthly

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Fats definitely deserves alot of credit for this. I ran alot of the bracket, but without all the stuff he was doing I would've gone crazy before the night was over.

Once again, thanks to everyone who came, and especially to everyone who brought setups. Derrick was pretty impressed by the number of people who came, so we'll probly be doing another before too long. I'll have to get in contact with KirbyKid first to make sure we don't have it on the same day again.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
And maybe some OoS. ; )

Sometimes I feel like a *****. I just drive all over the place and play Smash with whoever I feel like...lol.
Ah but you know you love it dearest <3.
I have to as well because Austin doesn't host because it's like,...a handful of people but one of my New Year's Resolution is to have an Austin tournament.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Marth>>>>sonic >_>
Then again, so does everyone else in Brawl except...
****, even GANONDORF/FALCON/JIGGLYPUFF goes even with Sonic.

I couldn't grab espys sonic with IC's >_<. I wasted it in friendlies lol. Somehow I still beat him first round with low % without getting one grab though lol. Then the 3rd game I had to mess up my grab on the last stock :/.
True. But you messed up more than once, because I know for sure you grabbed me three times in the last round.

And lol, Green Greens ftw, amirite?

---

I might as well do shout-outs, since it's very doubtful an actual results thread is gonna pop up:

Fliphop: Fun games in winner's. Sonic vs. Diddy is one of my favorite matchups to play. Too much fun with the naners and junk. I'll get you next time.

Razer: Pretty sick Snake. So many explosions. I really wanted to play you.

Samboner: Sorry if I seemed a little aggravated after our matches. They were pretty fun. I'll get me some Luigi practice, then I'll be back to destroy you. Good games.

Gnes: You know, I didn't even see you (recognize you, really) at all, or any of your matches. Sorry about that, I kinda wanted to see what the big deal was, but just never had the opportunity. We oughta play some friendlies.

Sethlon: Good shiz against Hylian and junk. Didn't see you play too much, but you must've ***** face to get that far in. Hope to play you soon; I need me some more Falco practice anyways.

K Prime: Sucks that you didn't get too much sleep, but you still did great. I died a little when I saw you SD against Sam in the last match of your set. Good luck at FS5; Bluechu will ****.

Simno: I saw you play in doubles, and your Peach was pretty beastly. Nice.

JUJ: lol, Dreamland chars. Too good with the Meta dittos.

Nike: The journey to and from Tomball will be scarred into my mind forever. XD

Hylian: "Don't get grabbed, don't get grabbed, don't get grabbed..." That's all that was running through my mind in the IC matches we had. Oh, and XD, Green Greens.

Poptop: Great Wario matches we had. They were so ****ed close. You gave me the practice I desperately needed against Wario. Maybe I can take Phantom X on now? XD

Bear: You're awesome, enough said.

CY/Hiza/Ozz/Jerm: Great games. We need to get more friendlies in.

Morningstar: Sucks what happened. Next OoC won't be as bad. Better luck next time, eh?

Kown: Your Pit was incredibly amusing to watch in game. Too fun.

Furbs: You got yourself a sexy Yoshi.

Kyle: The trip was just too ****ed good. I would've gotten in on the Melee action, but I didn't really feel like sucking. :p

This was definately one of the best tournaments I've been to thus far. Keep up the good work gents!

Oh, two more things:

Nike, get my matches up soon (vs. Fliphop) :D
Greyfox, link me the vid when you upload the goods.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
excuse me sir, do you want some drinks?

*holds up my bucket*

how about you?

CY

Smash Ace
LOL that little kid got annoying. he would go up to people in the middle of the match and ask if they wanted a drink. i got asked like every 10 minutes for a drink, i was like WTF they put this kid on the slave shift.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You guys should know by now that Xyro does what he wants and most everyone else ignores him. Continue to think up a name as usual.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
yeah, sorry about that. <(^_^)>
I was expecting for the owner to be around, but not so much to pace back and forth all day and then make his son pedal drinks to everyone. Ugh.

So, yeah.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Ha! Very nice. We should get a 'no soliciting' sign with just your picture on it then so salesman don't bother us.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Hella late shoutouts.

- Wemp, Hiza, Fats: You guys were so amazingly cool. Thanks for the cigs, getting me in the tourney, and this newfound friendship. It meant a lot to me on that grim day. <3

- Gnes: You ***** the hell out of me. Maybe I'll do better next time. No johns? :D

- Kaill: I liked your Falcon. Good games.

- Carnage: We played A LOT that day. I'm a dollar richer! :D Ggs.

- Sethlon: You make my Snake look fn silly. I need to pull a Razer on you. Ggs.

- K Prime: You're amazing at this game. Sucks you got sick.

- JUJ: Ily

- Nike: Man, what a terrible trip. Despite the circumstances, I had fun with you and Kyle. Congrats on placing decently.

- Kyle: I watched What Dreams May Come. <3 I'll bring Donnie Darko if I go to FS5

- Espy: Thanks for getting us out of the mud you unbelievable b4stard.

- Jerm: I can't believe you got last place! You're pretty good. :/

- Suspect: My ***-ga. If you came, I would've enjoyed the trip multitudes more. :(

- Greyfox: GREYFOOOOOOOX D:<

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've got my eye on feb 21st, but I still need to get in touch with kirby kid to make sure we don't have tournies on the same day again, heh.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I've got my eye on feb 21st, but I still need to get in touch with kirby kid to make sure we don't have tournies on the same day again, heh.
Man Feb is gonna be ultra busy. But however if I do goto this, the passengers have to pay their share in the car for that weekend. (Looks at Espy and K Prime). Nothing against you guys from the last time but my payday lands on the day before GM5.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man Feb is gonna be ultra busy. But however if I do goto this, the passengers have to pay their share in the car for that weekend. (Looks at Espy and K Prime). Nothing against you guys from the last time but my payday lands on the day before GM5.
You mean JUJ and K Prime. I paid you my $10 gas cut at the gas station after Tomball, remember? That $10 was what you pumped into that car.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
You mean JUJ and K Prime. I paid you my $10 gas cut at the gas station after Tomball, remember? That $10 was what you pumped into that car.
Yea I remember that but I mean for the cost of the car. It wasn't must last time. Only like 135$ for the weekend. I only mentioned that just to have the cost to be lowered.

Dojo

Smash Champion
2 weeks after CoT.

I'm fairly sure I can make this. Idk if Santi will though. That's CoT, then valentines for him. Diana's expensive.

:laugh:

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Yea I remember that but I mean for the cost of the car. It wasn't must last time. Only like 135$ for the weekend. I only mentioned that just to have the cost to be lowered.
you rented a car for the weekend?

did they know about it?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
you rented a car for the weekend?

did they know about it?
I found out the day before.

Are you unable to take your own personal car Greyfox?
I mean, I don't mean to sound as stingy as ****, but I can't pay much outside of 10-ish dollars for gas. I assumed that the gas money was all that you wanted.

I'll try to pitch in some moneh for you if you need to rent one again, but it's going to kinda hurt my wallet.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Aargh, turns out KKK's next tourney is on the 21st. With CotT on the 7th, valentines on the 14th, Dallas on the 21st and Pozerwolf's san antonio tourney on the 28th, it looks like this'll be pushed back into early March.

Gabe: If you're talking about the possible venue for pure melee that bear has been looking into, still no more news on that. If you mean melee being here...I dunno if I'll have the time to do a melee tourney myself at the next Tomball Monthly, but if you wanna run one its all gravy by me =] Just make sure to tell Jeremy there'll be lots of Brawl here.

Top Bottom