• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can just not replace if asianaussie wants to play.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
sadly i have read my role pm

any chance BSL can replace someone else? if he's already read the role pm he can just have the spot, ill in another game maybe

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I've read it, but you stay in. I'm here to replace, and you don't need to be replaced. You wanted to be in this game, so play it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Soup can you please stop with the "smart"speak.

Real talk: Your grammar and verbiage when you do this is a ****ing nightmare. It looks like you wrote it while drunk and then fixed the spelling the next day without looking at the content. It's going to make you a nightmare to read, and not in the "hur hur my po po poker face so good" kind of way, in the "what the **** is this ****" kind of way.

I see what you're trying to do. It's not working. Stop.

It's ****ing pregame and we've already had some level of miscommunication between your poor use of two-dollar words and haughtiness when called out on it.

Actually, the quote is as much related to the game as our identity. It's purpose was to portray how this hydra would work and how we wanted to play this game. The quote is identifiable in the change in attitude and more sophisticated way of communication.

But in the end, I don't have a problem with taking it off , as it bares worthless now. I truly doubt that trying to meta us or trying to understand how we operate this game would deem insufficient (EE addition: wtf) anyways. I did not plan this.
You can still play a character. Just use a vocabulary you are actually familiar with and not one you are failing to become familiar with. Following up a misuse of the concept of "rhetorical question" with "a question deserves an answer" immediately after being shown the definition of a rhetorical question and egotistically shrugging it off is ... not only absurd, but the best example I could ask for.

Shave off the verbosity because it's adding jack **** to your play and I'm not dealing with that for an entire game. I won't.

inb4noEEushutupurnotmyrealdadidowatiwant

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
AA retains his spot. If he should ever need a replacement, BSL automatically gets it. I will work on finding a replacement for Felipe.

Contacting Ranmaru and FF.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Like I'm legit foreseeing all the goddamn dozens of nightmarish TvT null-tells-explode-into-a-game-draining-argument scenarios that can come from this and they're the exact kind of **** that made me retire in the first place

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Like I'm legit foreseeing all the goddamn dozens of nightmarish TvT null-tells-explode-into-a-game-draining-argument scenarios that can come from this and they're the exact kind of **** that made me retire in the first place

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
soup can you please stop with the "smart"speak.

Real talk: Your grammar and verbiage when you do this is a ****ing nightmare. It looks like you wrote it while drunk and then fixed the spelling the next day without looking at the content. It's going to make you a nightmare to read, and not in the "hur hur my po po poker face so good" kind of way, in the "what the **** is this ****" kind of way.

It's ****ing pregame and we've already had some level of miscommunication between your poor use of two-dollar words and haughtiness when called out on it.

You can still play a character. Just use a vocabulary you are actually familiar with and not one you are failing to become familiar with. Following up a misuse of the concept of "rhetorical question" with "a question deserves an answer" immediately after being shown the definition of a rhetorical question and egotistically shrugging it off is ... Not only absurd, but the best example i could ask for.

Shave off the verbosity because it's adding jack **** to your play and i'm not dealing with that for an entire game. I won't.

Inb4noeeushutupurnotmyrealdadidowatiwant
<3 ee

Overswarm

is laughing at you
sadly i have read my role pm

any chance BSL can replace someone else? if he's already read the role pm he can just have the spot, ill in another game maybe
I've read it, but you stay in. I'm here to replace, and you don't need to be replaced. You wanted to be in this game, so play it.
Or you guys could just hydra.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have to concur with my other half.

Playing a character can be useful, but if your playing a character causes deliberate misunderstanding on a consistent basis it can only be assumed you are deliberately attempting to hide your motives or deceive town in some way.

This I would not appreciate. Style is one thing, but take it a step at a time.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Confirming, but still on the ride home.

It's like 4 am, no sign of the sun, and I'm gonna need like a day of recovery time from the 16-hour drive.

:phone:

TBG

Smash Cadet
Soup can you please stop with the "smart"speak.

You can still play a character. Just use a vocabulary you are actually familiar with and not one you are failing to become familiar with. Following up a misuse of the concept of "rhetorical question" with "a question deserves an answer" immediately after being shown the definition of a rhetorical question and egotistically shrugging it off is ... not only absurd, but the best example I could ask for.

Shave off the verbosity because it's adding jack **** to your play and I'm not dealing with that for an entire game. I won't.

inb4noEEushutupurnotmyrealdadidowatiwant
Oh, we are going to get along well.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Yo, EE.

Let me handle myself. I'm aware of my spelling errors and I know what I'm trying to do, but I won't get in your face and try to justify some of the things I've done. I'm aware that I make some pretty bad spelling and grammar errors, but that's just my recurring dyslexia making me seem like I type as if I was cross-eyed.

It's just a gimmick, not anything to hot and bothered about, and I'll respect your wishes and tone down on the vocabulary so it doesn't become a jumbled cluster****, but that doesn't mean I'm going to change what I want to do with it and frankly if you have issue with it, then talk to me about it related to the game.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
it's so not even the grammar he's getting on you about. It's the things you're doing. Things like asking a rhetorical question, and then demanding an answer to it because the character you've made up in your head would demand answers. Guess what? Rhetorical questions don't require answers. That's, like, the definition of what "rhetorical" means.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
it's so not even the grammar he's getting on you about. It's the things you're doing. Things like asking a rhetorical question, and then demanding an answer to it because the character you've made up in your head would demand answers. Guess what? Rhetorical questions don't require answers. That's, like, the definition of what "rhetorical" means.
This is game-related.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He ignored me, and he ignored the rhetorical question too. "He seems nervous, but what could it be?" Don't you find it illogical for someone to respond like that? I wasn't impressed with it at all and it only makes me go back to my original stance before. The joke was completely out of context.
If it requires an answer, it's not rhetorical. Stop trying to use big boy words you don't understand.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Because I'd rather not focus on aspects of this account, I'd like to make a couple things clear so this doesn't turn into an issue.

What I did with TBG was simply to garner a reaction, and that was my intention. How I worded and how I did it might have been questionable, but for the sake of progression I had to keep the pressure on. I'm aware of what I said was false, though I'm not going to excuse that, even if it's trivial regardless.

Swords has a town-lean on TBG at the moment, and I somewhat agree with him. I wasn't sure about him myself, and I question his motive to get snippy with me but suffice to say I won't be getting anything out of him in the current phase as he's already shown me that he did not take my seriously. Perhaps It is my fault to jump the gun and be anxious.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Now, for the sake of the game:

Is your concern with my wording something that is actually bothering you, or is it just a personal gripe? I thought to make very clear to not treat this account like me or swords. I'd really love this game to start so I can actually do things instead of twiddling my thumbs.

I have a couple of questions, if you're willing to answer me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't have any reads. The game has not started. You're the only one I think I could have a read on, and it's simply that you're eager to play your new hydra. Which is null.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Really? You don't think anything said has any merit at all? A lot of players have shown willingness to play the game, but I guess can be said the same for the other that don't.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I really don't see anyone but you trying to get the game started. Maybe I can look back at this later if I feel lost, but I don't think pregame is a good foundation to start building my reads on.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Now, for the sake of the game:

Is your concern with my wording something that is actually bothering you, or is it just a personal gripe? I thought to make very clear to not treat this account like me or swords. I'd really love this game to start so I can actually do things instead of twiddling my thumbs.

I have a couple of questions, if you're willing to answer me.
Too bad. You're soup and swords. You don't think you're going to read L and wonder which one of us is posting? That's who you are.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry, I just got back from Apex this morning. Will read the rules and then confirm.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
/confirming

There's some interesting stuff in the rules I'm going to comment on later.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OS already talked about it but I want to add something because I think it's fairly important to know: in my role PM the mod confirms that there is a lie in somebody's role PM. So while the OP states that not all information received privately is necessarily accurate, my role PM states that there is in fact at least one case of inaccurate information being deliberately handed out to one of us. Of course, this itself could be inaccurate information but that would mean that no other inaccurate information is being handed out via role PMs, which would render the whole rule about private information being not necessarily accurate superfluous. With that in mind, I think it's safe to assume that there is at least one lie in somebody's role PM and that you all need to be even more cautious about the information you receive.

On a different subject, I don't think that Detective Prince is scum. Sworddancer decided to join the hydra after soup had received his role PM and I know Sworddancer well enough to understand that he wouldn't hydra with somebody who received anything other than a townie role PM.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
which would render the whole rule about private information being not necessarily accurate superfluous.
Or awesome.

Sworddancer decided to join the hydra after soup had received his role PM and I know Sworddancer well enough to understand that he wouldn't hydra with somebody who received anything other than a townie role PM.
Assumption: Sworddancer knew the alignment prior to hydraing which in itself is impossible. If it were the case, Soup would be modkilled for discussing his role PM with someone outside the game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, so I'm still a little delirious from Apex, but all this nonsense about SoupySword's posting style is silly.

It's dumb, yes. But aside from signaling his intent to generate content, I haven't really garnered much from the resulting discussion other than people dislike it.

Back to post-Apex stuff for a bit.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We should start putting wagers on mafia games

like if someone dies by a certain time or doesn't survive for a certain time you'll be able to ipck their avatar

or whoever is on the most scum lynches or least town lynches gets to pick someons avatar

or something

*looks at Gheb's avatar*

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
All you get from that crumb is PJB thinks he's a tracker. It could be a lie.

:phone:

Top Bottom