• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Game Over - Daytime Programing wins!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
PJB,

what makes you think soup would manage to pull out a convincing bus on badwolf, and then suddenly get cold feet and start tiptoeing around his buddies Nabe/Rake? Did he just forget how to bus or what?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think after bussing BW, immediately moving on to bus the rest of his team was not part of the plan. Particularly with Nabe, he was player that Soup would want to keep around if he could. Nabe just... didn't bring his A game.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
(Pro-tip: I wanted Gangsta on D1 too.)

I'm serious. Don't believe me? Okay, let me go get quotes.

Post #772. Day One. Same time BW was getting **** on.

You want to read on from there? The dislike is obvious, and it upsets me I have to go quote something that I felt I made plainly clear. I even gave BW a goddamn chance. I was so sick of him not doing anything and I felt like nothing was getting done. I took initiative and tried pursuing other things.

I'm not going to explain the rest, the point is that what you say is false.
What are you even refuting here? That you disliked Gangsta on Day 1? I didn't say that

What I ACTUALLY said was:

"He's seemingly ok with both Rake/Nabe dieing at different stages of Day 2, yet as soon as these slots looked like a chance of being lynched, Soup's focus suddenly shifts onto Gangsta"

This is a FACT Soup. When the play switched to Nabe you still wanted Gangsta. When WATT claimed a guilty on Rake, you still wanted Gangsta.

Yet now your vote is on Pjb because his Day 2 play, when Inferno's play has literally not changed at all.

Kary, tell me if I'm wrong here. I'm not even reading into Soup's play at this point, I'm simply showing how sporadic his pushes have been this game.

There has been two abductions/janitors this game. Is it wrong for me to assume that it's the work of an indy? I didn't even believe it before, and I don't now, but I wasn't sure how to think about it. WATT's theory made sense for Nabe, and oh my god I have talked myself to death about the fact Nabe's janitor/abduction was inherently useless because he was confirmed scum. There's one mafia alive. Someone died last night. An indy just doesn't decide to go ahead and kill people randomly. You're turning base logic into something twisted.
What are you actually trying to get across here? You're twisting what I'm saying yet again.

"(Soup) wants to entertain the idea that BW/Rake/Nabe are all Mafia, while simultaneously suggesting that we have ANOTHER mafia and indy alive."

This is a FACT. You said this multiple times, even if you seem to change your mind god knows how many times.

You claimed that you didn't think Nabe/Watt are indys and that there is still and Indy and Mafia alive.

But I've ran the numbers Soup. If Badwolf wasn't modkilled and we still lynched Vinyl, it goes like this.

Day 1: BW (Mafia) + Nightkill --- 12 Alive
Day 2: Vinyl (Town) + Nightkill --- 10 Alive
Day 3: Nabe (Mafia) + Nightkill --- 8 Alive
Day 4: Rake (Mafia) + Nightkill + Vig Shot --- 5 Alive

So despite correctly lynching Mafia 3 our of 4 days, we still have 1 mafia and 1 indy out of 5 players alive. So if we were to lynch the indy, Town is put in a 3 player LYLO with the remaining Mafia member after mislynching ONCE.

This can NOT possibly the case.

I've ****ing been through this a million times.

I'm not saying with 100% certainty that the last scum has to be a traitor. But **** it is with out a doubt the most likely explanation at this stage.

If you're town, please at least acknowledge that the probability of there being more than 1 scum right now is ridiculously unlikely.

The intention was true and I ****ed it up because I'm an idiot. I have fakeclaimed before, and I will do it as I see fit. You wouldn't have cared had I not accidently messed up, hell, you probably would have believed me. Is this not true? I'm doing what I feel I have to do in order to win this game. The talk about 'oh he coulda looked back' OH **** VANDY LOOK AT THOSE POSTS I MADE ON PJB AND ALL THAT EFFORT I MADE INTO LOOKING BACK ****

you guys literally lynch me on the dumbest **** so tired of this

MOVING ON
**** your AtE ****.

And no I wouldn't of believed your ****ty FBI Agent Claim.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
LYLO? You think it's LYLO? Did I read that right?
YEAH DUDE!

If we mislynch toDay and Mafia kill another dude, it's MYLO tomorrow. (4 players alive)

Do you notice how PJB was unchecked, along with Inferno? I was going to claim tommorow with a result on one of them, to see how they react to another.
Your plan was to claim an indy result on someone tomorrow and get reactions. Then once you got your reactions you'd say "LOL guys I'm just a VT, I fakeclaimed to get a reaction out of you"

In mother****ing MYLO.

You're not dumb Soup.

But the gambit you played is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a lategame scenario. I don't care if you have the attention span of a peanut and needed a fake claim to spice things up. This was terrible.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
and all of this is on the premise that there's a traitor! did I miss something? how the **** do we know that there's a traitor? 'oh well 4 maf and hiding flips would be overpowered' yeah, and you've never played a setup that wasn't perfectly balanced, right?
Never seen a set up where town loses after two mislynches and an indy lynch.

The numbers are solid Kary. You have to accept that right now we're looking for one of:

a) A Mafia Member
b) A Mafia Traitor
c) A One Shot Indy Flip Hider

a) is awfully unbalanced to begin with, and the only person who really fits this would be Inferno. b) is just plain more likely than c). A traitor inheriting a kill after his mafia team dies is not unheard of, and Ryu even played in a game with it present (Ryker Mafia).

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
because i'm angry and this isn't what I expect from vanz. I don't think it's fair to come in saying things like 'there's nothing that suggests an indy at all' in a game where flips are being hidden.
Earlier on in the game it is fair assumption.

But not when we've killed 3 scum and there are still unexplained kills going off.

And the fact that we've only had 1 kill each Night. And the Clownbot kill can be directly traced back to Mafia.

And the fact that Soup made it clear that he didn't think Nabe or Watt were indy.

And that he suggested there is both 1 Mafia and 1 Indy alive toDay.

I really don't see what's wrong with 4 mafia right out of the gate. maybe town doesn't have enough PRs to only be allowed 2 mislynches, but I'm not going to rule it out.
Again, I don't want to live in a world where 2 mislynches and an indy Lynch can lose the game for Town in a 14 man.

Did you consider that Nabe might be the traitor? Surely that's just as likely as soup being a traitor that inherited the kill?

I know that you really like this theory right now, but I just don't get it. On one hand you're saying we ignore Soup's apparently genuine interactions with scumbuddy BW, and on the other hand you're saying we string him up for his interactions with his other scumbuddies Rake/Nabe. It just looks like you're picking your facts to suit your case.
I know this is addressed at WATT, but the point of a traitor is that BW/Nabe/Rake don't know Soup is scum.

Would traitor Soup bus the hell out of Badwolf if he had no clue about it? Hell yeah, sounds like a smart play to me. But losing his other two buddies in Rake/Nabe makes life pretty hard for him (traitors usually don't count towards Mafia's majority) so if they were both lynched he has to go all the way to LYLO by himself and win. A tough ask, and probably smarter to try and push mislynches instead of bussing your entire scum team and hoping you don't get caught by NAs, and that town doesn't have any clears in endgame.

If you can explain to me why Soup tiptoeing around the waggons D2-3 shows he's a traitor, rather than just a slightly confused townie who would rather let NAs clear whoever is lying, then hell I might vote him. But right now I'm not seeing it.
He refused to accept the fact that if there was a scum roleblocker, we risked something like 5 townie deaths. This was obvious to you, me and WATT, but Soup fought it like Nabe's death was the end of the world. He never tried to understand it from anyone else's perspective except his own, and just tried to shoot everyone down who disagreed (See: Soup vs WATT, Soup vs Me).

ToDay would have to be 4v2 for it to be mylo (mislynch and lose)
Again, why there is only 1 scum left.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
6 players
ml
nk
4 players (mylo)

6 players
nl
nk

5 players (ml)

Have scum play out who dies, and go from there. WATT is commuting today so he isn't going to get shot. When was suggesting NL in a situation like this a bad thing? Ridiculous.
We would have to lynch 2 people eventually. Why delay it?

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, tell me if I'm wrong here. I'm not even reading into Soup's play at this point, I'm simply showing how sporadic his pushes have been this game.
don't appeal to me now, vanz :p
beyond D1, soup's pushes have not been great this game.

The numbers are solid Kary. You have to accept that right now we're looking for one of:

a) A Mafia Member
b) A Mafia Traitor
c) A One Shot Indy Flip Hider

a) is awfully unbalanced to begin with, and the only person who really fits this would be Inferno. b) is just plain more likely than c). A traitor inheriting a kill after his mafia team dies is not unheard of, and Ryu even played in a game with it present (Ryker Mafia).
as you may have gathered, i'm more inclined to think that whatever scum we're looking for isn't soup. maybe i'm crazy but that's my reads. If RR came in and confirmed there was a mafia traitor in this setup, my first pick still wouldn't be soup.

@Kary: Tell me what else you want to here from me.
If you thought I was waiting on you for something, it was more or less just to see what you'd say.

But while we're here, if lynching soup doesn't end the game, who do you want tomorrow?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I detest Soup for his lack of sportsmanship and respect for other players, but I'm not down to lynch him because of it.

If he's scum of any kind he doesn't deserve to win at this point and I've lost some respect for him but imo its in towns best interests to not lynch him today.

I've basically accepted that I'm dead toNight, but I'm confident Kary/Watt will be able to make the best decision in LYLO.

If we lynch inferno and he isn't scum, LYLO is basically going to boil down to Pjb vs Soup. Quite frankly I'm not 100% on who I'd go (would have to reread).

But I strongly feel that inferno would be an insane liability. And Soup/pjb are at least going to give content and be able to be read. And Inferno is still the best shot of being scum.

We still have a mislynch, and I think worst case scenario he's town and town can decide between pjb/soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
dont worry about it but i was in a really pissy mood and it was uncalled for, something snapped in me and i apologize

im gonna read inferno before i decide who i vote

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'm still a little hungover so I'm going to try and make this as pleasant as possible, but apologies if it reads like garbage.

@Kary: right now I'm looking at Gangsta as my 1st scum pick. 2nd is incredibly difficult and ideally I'd like to think that there's only 1 scum left. But if I had to pick right now I'd say Pjb (with WATT as a distant 3rd pick if it's an indy we're hunting but really this doesn't seem likely).

I agree with the sentiment that these hidden flips and kills really don't make sense considering the general information that is present to town. This makes me think that Ryu's given us some "Unique and janky" scum team like 3 Mafia + 1 Traitor, 2 sets of 2 Mafia groups, or even 4 Mafia, as opposed to standard 3 Mafia 1 indy. It would explain why there has only ever been 1 kill outside of WATT's shot.

I still don't really see Nabe's play as indy (no way he could of survived more than a day with his gambit). And all signs points to the fact that our tracker was killed as opposed to roleblocked, heavily suggests that Nabe was the Mafia Roleblocker (who iirc blocked WATT N1) and his scum mate is choosing to hide his flip, to limit info to town or something.

This would make sense if there is a 2 man adult swim team BW/Rake and a 2 man team of some other cartoon program, i.e. Nabe Roleblocker/Janitor Dude.

But it's possible that it's something like 3 Mafia + 1 Traitor Janitor Dude. I haven't really thought this completely through, but I think the flavour of the town faction (Toonami) and scum faction (Adult Swim) could suggest a 3rd scum team of two. BUT, considering that a faction with a Roleblocker and Janitor + assumedly no Night Kill sounds incredibly weak, maybe the 3 mafia + Traitor or heck a broken 4 man team is what we're facing.

Additionally, when you consider that there's likely a scum role that is CHOOSING to not reveal Nabe's flip, coupled with Nabe's ambiguous "Happy Gaming," it looks like Nabe might of known that his flip would be hidden. Maybe.

However, Vinyl's Town flip incriminated Nabe, which suggests that him and his scum buddy didn't completely think through their gambit... Or I'm just plain wrong with this speculation.

^ If this is as incoherent as it sounds in my head I apologise (but bare with me), I'm going somewhere :b:

This is pretty worrisome to me because Inferno is bringing up Nabe's hidden flip as reason for not being able to read other players, when:

1. We established yesterDay that he almost has to be scum of some form, due to assumed lying and inconsistent claim with Vinyl's flip, and the unlikelyhood of Pjb being bulletproof.

2. Nabe wasn't exactly a sea of information himself... even assuming he's scum, he never made strong connections with any slot. So I fail to see why his flip not being revealed is such a bummer.

Without going into specifics I think it's fair to say that Gangsta/Inferno have felt incredibly "out of touch," not just in this instance, but for the ENTIRE game. And this is the general vibe I get from whoever is choosing to control the night actions like this.

We were all scratching our heads over why on earth a indy whatchamacallit would hide Nabe's flip when Vinyl's town flip contradicted his claim... and better still why they would continue to hide it and give us Rake's flip, despite us being somewhat unsure between Rake/WATT at the time, AND that we'd all concluded Nabe=Scum. AND that by doing so they essentially revealed that it is a scum power causing this and NOT just a mechanic...

The simplest explanation is that Nabe was the Mafia Roleblocker, and his buddy is hiding his flip. It explains why Rajam was killed instead of Roleblocked, and why they didn't care about hiding Rake's flip.

But I believe that whatever scum we're dealing with is making bad decisions. They're probably not indy because than I don't understand why they'd decide to start shooting on N3 of all times. But if it is an indy, you can replace my explanation of "mafia buddy hides Nabe's flip" with "RANDOM INDY DECISION MAKING." And either way, this is why I'm inclined to believe GangstaInferno is the scum we're looking for. If it's not him, then I'd say Pjb purely because I'm pigeon holeing him as a lesser experienced player compared to Soup/Kary, who might make some weird NA choices as scum with Nabe or as an indy (but heck I still don't think he's scum with BW/Rake).

I could vote Gangsta right now, but I think we should at least wait to hear from WATT about his handy dandy new ability. Also I think the double kill suggests that even if WATT is indy, there is at least another mafiosi out there with a kill. And if Ryu put 5 scum in a 14 man game I'll probably cry.

#hungover

/sorryifthisdoesn'tmakesensebutkaryI'mstealingyourbackslashes
#gambit #relevant #stillwhatithink #doesanyoneactuallyreadmyposts #soupisajerkbutilovehim #iPhone #beach #nofilter #instabaws

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Soup can you tell me what the most likely scenario for the remaining scum?

Traitor?
1 shot Indy?
Mafia flip hider?
Mafia role blocker?

Idc if you're not sure, I just want to hear what you think is most likely and why.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
modnote: Deadline in 46 hours.

1. Soup - [2] - PrivateJoker-Brown, Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz hydra),
2. Kary - [0] -
3. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz hydra) - [0] -
4. PrivateJoker-Brown - [1] - Soup
5. Vanderzant - [0] -
6. Inferno3044 - [2] - Kary, Vanderzant,

Not Voting [1] Inferno3044,

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is at January 21st 11:59 CST.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
the short version is i'd much rather lynch soup toDay than tomorrow, and I think there's much more chance Soup is aligned with Rake/Nabe than Inferno is.

let's end this Day already

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
dont worry about it but i was in a really pissy mood and it was uncalled for, something snapped in me and i apologize

im gonna read inferno before i decide who i vote
Did you answer my question yet though? Or would that have made you too useful instead of apologies no one was waiting on in game for.

@Vand: Hammer. I'm not going Inferno after Soup's hissy fit. We'll deal with Inferno if there's still a ToMorrow after Soup is gone.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm leaning towards Inferno, but I really don't think Soup's town anymore. I sure as hell don't want to take him to Lylo. And this assumes Soup actually flips :/

please just lay the hammer down Vanz

Top Bottom