• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Game Over - Daytime Programing wins!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
woop woop

now I can sleep.

yeah, there's something just unnerving about reading the start of D3. Soup and Rake just lay down Gangsta votes and.... wait

@ninja; unless that's game?

here's hoping

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Yeah, it sucks that Inferno is still here but there's NO way I was taking Soup with us after that performance... and the fake-claim...

We'll make it out alright if it isn't but here's hoping the game = ova and won

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1. Soup - [4] - PrivateJoker-Brown, Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz hydra), Kary, Vanderzant,
2. Kary - [0] -
3. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz hydra) - [0] -
4. PrivateJoker-Brown - [1] - Soup
5. Vanderzant - [0] -
6. Inferno3044 - [2] -

Not Voting [1] Inferno3044,

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is at January 21st 11:59 CST.

~

With his laugh he left with only one word to say,

"I will take a potato chip, and Eat it!"

Soup Light Yagami from Death Note, Adult Swim Corpse Eater has been lynched

With his death Nabe has been revealed to be dead.

Nabe The What a Twist Guy from Robot Chicken, Adult Swim Switch has been revealed Dead

TOWN WINS!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No MVP

7 Replacements, + modkill makes me not want to hand one out.

I'm sorry, Kary, Vanz, and WATT, you guys had very solid play but due to what happened I can't hand out an MVP.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Yay!

Watt was best Townie imo. Kary played pretty awesome as well.

Soup played good d1 but I read into his theatrics way too hard.

Replacements suck but shout out to all the replacements for being awesome and helping out.

Also wtf 4 man scum team so broken. Role pms pls :p

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Such a sad game for me, BW refused to work with me and Nabe didn't bring his A Game. I had a ton of burdens on my shoulder and I tried very hard to win. I'm salty I ****ed up my own fakeclaim and had to scramble through that.

#HBC | ѕoup

A couple of things that I'd like to talk about:

1) BW Bussing

It wasn't intentional nor did I try to bus him. He fought me with everything and the QT isn't pretty. He had a very negligent attitude and I did not want to bus him that day. Refusing to simply answer me forced me into it and he eventually got himself killed.

2) Nabe + BSP/Rake

I tried to save Nabe because I needed him to last at least a couple more days. Losing and bussing Nabe there would be a huge loss and I could trust him with support once he got his bearings again, to say. It all just turned out for the worst and I sadly couldn't do anything. MiR did great on D1 and it sucked to see him replaced. Rake got bad luck and nobody really suspected him on D2. Another case of trying to save him because I literally had to fight through 2 mislynches. I felt that my own play wasn't credible enough because I had fought against Nabe getting lynched and Rake.

The janitor mechanic didn't have a plan to it, I janned Vinyl. just for the sake of misinformation, and I had a plan to claim doctor (the janned role) of Vinyl. but I janned Nabe on impulse. I should have just stuck with my original plan. Just a really sad game for me. I don't want to talk about it further. My play crumbled and so did my team. I couldn't do enough to win this game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
At the same time, while his refusal to help your team was a problem, you and Xonar constantly harassing him in the QT was not helping.

#HBC | ѕoup

It started when he simply refused to work with us. I don't want to speak about it further.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Btw original set-up was.

7 vts
1 Governor (serious lol)
1 Innocent Child
1 Randomized Joat
1 Tracker
1 Doctor
1 Unlynchable

vs

1 BP/Puppeteer
1 JoaT
1 Tracker

vs

1 BP/Roleblocker
1 One shot double shooter

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord

#HBC | ѕoup

you did well being townie and handling the game but generally the scum team nearly destroyed itself and town was given a very easy win

this is not even salt, bw got himself modkilled nabe didn't play at 100% and rake got unlucky (guilty while being untargetable >_>)

and then i ****ed up my claim

#HBC | ѕoup

yeah it's cool but god even as town i would be frustrated with this game with 7 replacements and just so much going on at once

ryu did a great job modding and whatnot but this game just leaves me so sour, i wouldn't even felt good winning after some of the **** that happened

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was CERTAINLY a much harder game when by D3 literally the only original slots left were Us, Soup, and Rajam: and Rajam had barely contributed.

I admit, I had to check a list several times to remember which slot replaced who for awhile there.

EDIT: I'm interested to see what the "Switch" ability of the "What A Twist" guy entailed.

#HBC | ѕoup

cop switch
doc switch
tracker switch

could choose one to turn off at night (aka roleblocking them)

BSP

Smash Legend
My play was just terrible. Sorry team :/ My first post was just god awful, and most of town jumped on me immediately. I did lol at how right and wrong IR was at the same time though wrt BW.

Politoed tried to bus me, but got looked at for that. Props to Rake for trying after replacing me, but lol Watcher.

BW was BW.

Soup was doing fine for the most part. Don['t feel too bad Soup, the team (namely BW and myself) screwed up mostly.

I don't understand how some of you starting scum reading PJB though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Noooooooo. Lol, oh well.

Do Orbo, Soup, and I at least get gold stars for being the only non-revolving door players?
Well...Badwolf got mad and modkilled himself, guessing off tension from his team though mostly his fault and what happened in game.

Then people who replaced in changed mindsets sometimes, I think Ryker was going to push Soup/Nabe D2 until I had to force replace him when another player accidentally hinted their alignment to him outside of the game.

A lot went wrong outside of the game and in it, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Wasn't pleasant to keep replacing people, though I understand people who had legitimate reasons but it still was...ugg.

People played well but...I can't justify MVP, modkill gave town a free lynch and replacement caused viewpoints and play to change.

Sorry I can't hand it out considering that. Though I got 2-3 really good people who I would have handed it out to.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
This game was a blast to play and read. Definitely would not have thought soup to be scum, good job to him and those who managed to lynch him. Even after the claim I was on his side.

PJB you were vanilla right? Toward the end I was convinced you were the last scum. I think if you carried yourself the same way you did early on that might have changed things. Even if you don't have strong reads you need to get out there and do more esp. as VT, not being vocal about reads is something that's often plagued my play.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Switch was given a button to all of towns PRs and got to roleblock any of them, one each night phase, but was not told who was what, so they had to figure it out via tells and play. Though I should have removed the dead button, pushing Joey/Clown's Button did nothing since a seeker was in the game but considering it was a free roleblock each day I thought it was fair.

Pretty much took the role from Moderator mafia and put it in a larger game.

Role PMs shortly.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well done Dietzbo. Followed this skimming, job well done, especially last phase.

Soup... Bro. I see you do this in far too many games. You really need to stop flipping your **** like that dude. It's downright painful to watch.

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
woop woop

god damn it feels nice to actually make the right decision for a change. last couple times i've been in endgame like this i've ballsed it up, so yaaaay.

on the other hand props to soup who played a really strong scum game IMO, and to my town buddies vanz + WATT who made the right call when it came down to it.

also, of course, big ups to RR/John for modding. thanks very much for this game :)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
oh, and I wanted to say RIP Rake for getting caught in a guilty and being so upbeat and friendly about it ('we can both still be town' lol). Sucks when you're caught in the spotlight like that so sympathy (even though you probs should've made a ruckuss :p)

also, totally knew WATT commuter claim was a gambit. the way you just outed it like that lol... dear me that was several points in the indy column right there, i swear.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
oh and that vinyl QL. what the hell? I mean at least let him claim lol :p

WATT was pr' good townie, aside from being the scummiest :glare:

so many of my thoughts just come tumbling out

edit:

I'm absolutely fine with No MVP. I think that as a whole the town played pretty well (which is an achievement in itself), and scum just slipped up one time too many and struggled to deal with the fallout. If you made me give one out it would probably be vanz *shrug*

that original setup looks insane

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This game was good teamwork on the town's part: Kevin & I spotted BSPscum on his first post, I called out soup's case on BW as bull, WATT did the rest to get BW "lynched" and with vand's help he got Nabe. And with Kary's help he did the rest to get soup lynched. So pretty solid play by Kevin [while he played], WATT, vand, Kary and myself. We all contributed about the same to the town's win so no one deserves the MvP award over the other.

Also, scum was free this time around real talk. We only had one mislynch and that was mainly due to lack of time to dig into connections.

I don't really think 10 vs 4 is balanced at all though. Two mislynches can put town at mylo - had town not been kickass this game then scum would've prolly had an easy time. It deffo favors scum imo.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Role PMs

Town

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]caq4kcQaZwc[/yt]

Casshern Sins, Toonami Vanilla

Description:
Will be sent later.

Role: none

Wincon: You win when all threats to Toonami are defeated.

~

Confirm by sending me a character from this show you wish to be via PM, if you do not have a preference just send me no preference and I will make it for you.
Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]gSeRMuO_lRw[/yt]

Jackie Chan Adventures, Toonami Vanilla

Description:
Will be sent later.

~

Confirm by sending me a character from this show you wish to be via PM, if you do not have a preference just send me no preference and I will make it for you.
Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]YorzlRUOF88[/yt]

Teen Titans, Toonami Vanilla

Description:

Will be sent later.

~

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]81g0NXrqwZ0[/yt]

YuYu Hakusho, Toonami Vanilla

Description:
Will be sent later.

~

Confirm by sending me a character from this show you wish to be via PM, if you do not have a preference just send me no preference and I will make it for you
Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]p4sXCcrxbDg[/yt]

The Powerpuff Girls, Toonami Vanilla

Description:
Will be sent later.

~

VTs are simple, they are in the game because I wanted some balance for the strong PRs I had on both sides.

I'll explain shows though,

Casshern Sins is like, wtf compared to what the character originally was. It's such a dark turn on what Casshern was before. While the message is solid it's like the Toy Story 3 of anime for me.

I remember Jackie Chan Adventures, looked really solid when I was a kid. Had some kind of wtf moments when I watched it but I still love the show even now.

Teen Titans is a great amazing you need to watch it show if you like the Super Hero archtype. It takes an anime like style is a different take from other DC shows like Batman TAS and such, but I think it completes it with the tone of the show with the comedy while still being fluid with the serious moments.

Ah Yu Yu Hakusho, older anime but damn it was pretty solid and a lot better than the other Shonen like anime that got released around the same time. Cast was a lot more diversified with not everyone being those typical roles. Not much else to say.

Powerpuff Girls, idk I thought it was a good show for what it targetted and it's comedy. Not for me really but I think with what it did it was a very very solid show.

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]vO4cEQ7zUjE[/yt]

Tenchi Universe, Toonami Doctor.

Description:
Will be sent later.

Role: During the night phase you may send me the name of another player, that player will be protected from all killing actions.

~

Doctor was needed as a buff for what mafia had over a jailer. Follow the cop was not possible in this set-up, I always make sure this can never happen in my set-ups. Though sadly this got QL'd day 1. :/

The show, this is my harem anime, guy has a house full of girls who all want him. Loved the show start to finish. Except for Tokyo because...well.......

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]dIiKGYCzBaA[/yt]

Yugioh GX, Toonami Gambler

Description:
Will be sent later.

Role: Each day I will be throwing you some facedowns! That's right you will be sent 6 cards all facedown, pick one of them, you will receive a power that can be used the next night phase.

~

This is the role I wanted to stay no matter what. So it was a JoaT with 5 powers, wtf broken, well not really because they only got one each night and one of the cards they picked was a trap card, lol puns. They pick that card they get nothing for the night. I changed the order during each day but the powers they could have gotten were.

1. Doctor
2. BulletProof
3. Vig
4. Watcher.
5. Roleblock
6. Nothing

And yes cards were a clue to what they did but only if you knew what my list was.

So Wigger yo GX, welp it's not my favorite yugiohs, Original and 5DS are my favs, though it's not the train wreck that is Zexal. I see so much potential from GX, school for a card game ok whatever 5DS was better yet it had card games on motorcycles. Even then I can see a card game being passed off as a compeditive sport, look at Poker for example or heck any TCG like Magic the Gathering where people make thousands of dollars at tournaments

. I saw so much potential for a show about a compedtive sport, then they delved into trying to be the original yugioh again which made it flop at a lot of points, granted Seasons 2 & 3 at least played it off good, grants 2 is still eh, season 4 got rushed and ruined a lot of potential, again.

Still I enjoy it, I won't avoid it like the plague that is Zexal but still I'll watch it maybe once and a while if I want to.

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]skJlNAHDSYc[/yt]

Outlaw Star, Toonami Tracker

Description:

will be sent later.

Role: Each night you can send me a name, you will receive results of all players that player visited during the night.

~

Tracker is something I like to use when I got a lot of PRs running around during the night phase, this game, I think I should have gone with an alternative PR for this.

A lot of Mafia wouldn't be seen doing their thing unless the Untargetable died, so it's a repeat of Disney mafia. Unfortunate and something I rushed, but still fine in hindsight but I wish I could have changed it to something else.

So Outlaw Star for me and my friends is the show I remember and love but none of my friends remember at all. I don't get why, it's the space exploration show and one of the few I like. People being outlaws looking for treasure, they have their own goal but they aren't Pirates who do bad stuff, but they aren't the Military/Police who follow the code and laws strictly.

Good length, loved the animation and story, not much else to say.

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]iYOKfLCu02Y[/yt]

Hamtaro, Toonami Hero!

Description:
Will be sent later.

Role: During Twilight, you pay post, It's Hamtaro Time! When that happens after the lynch, the following night phase is skipped and there is a 24 hour day phase to follow that.

~

I wanted an innocent Child and Governor originally, so I decided, why not combine them into another role I know exists, which is the Hero. Granted their is some naming confusion here but I wanted it to be just a Hero name wise. Towns gets an extra lynch if they can get organized and it confirms the player as town 99% of the time. I know some people hate this auto confirmed stuff for townies but I think it can help for balance, which it did here.

Hamtaro, it's just ok. I know Sold loves this show and many people do as well but like Tom in the video there that is my reaction to this show, "I guess they are kinda cute"

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]gKjk259D8HI[/yt]

Batman the Animated Series, Toonami Seeker

Description:
Will be sent later.

Role: You can target a player at night, if that player is the one you are looking for, you will form a QT with them.

~

Confirm by sending me a character from this show you wish to be via PM, if you do not have a preference just send me no preference and I will make it for you
Ah the QT topic role, I had this too many times in my games but I love it. Giving people outside communication is so useful to reading players if used correctly. I had it be a targetted action to help add confusion on what was going on via roleblocks and tracker stuff. Shame on Vanz for not using actions when the mafia side flipped and being smart about it. ;)

So Batman, my favorite comic book hero. Ironman is a close second but Batman is always the hero I wanted to act like as a kid and want to see happen someday with me in terms of personality in ways. So this show, probably one of the best shows made as a cartoon. Heck it doesn't even seem like a cartoon it seems more like people are real with the voice acting and the animation while sketch at times fits so so well with the dark tones the show uses. Go see it if you haven't, it's that good of a show.

~

Mafia!

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]PSLFZdzgCLw[/yt]

Lupin the Third, Adult Swim Untargetable.

Description:

Will be sent later.

Role: You cannot be targeted by any night actions, all actions will fail on you.

As part of the Adult Swim clan you may send in night kills and communicate with you team:

QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/YqQiUxJ4HnUvH

Your mafia team is, BadWolf28738, BSP, Soup, Make it Rain!(Xonar/Washedlaundry)

Safe Claim:
[yt]PNzfXO0iD8U[/yt]
DragonballZ, role must be made up on your own.

Wincon: You win when you have a majority and it cannot be stopped.

~

Confirm by sending me a character from this show you wish to be via PM, if you do not have a preference just send me no preference and I will make it for you. Same applies for your safe claim.
Ah The untargetable, can confirm he can't be targeted but still doesn't confirm alignment since his role can be town or mafia. Watcher part of JoaT and Janitor not being able to janitor were put in to balance this role a tad more, It's strong for doing NKs, but still must play the dayphase or it will die and be noticed more.

So the shows.

Lupin the Third is a show that does the never ending plot right, I yell at Detective Conan and One Piece because they do this but really really bad, no ending in sight, no sense of story progression. Look if they wanted to make it seem like there is no ending, ok but do it differently like Lupin does, where you don't care about it more and everything inbetween is passed and placed more properly. Water 7 and Alabaster are done terribly in terms of length.

Lupin is a show about a master thief and done well, not much to say.

Dragonball Z, while I loved it as a kid, it doesn't age well. I still think Dragonball is a far far better show than this. While this show does 1 thing better and gets oodles of more fans as a result.

It has better fight scenes, that's it. Everything else is worse, far worse. Is it enjoyable, sure but I never will get why this was so loved to this say outside of nostalgia. Still, I will praise what it does well and say it isn't a bad show, but I wish they did improve on everything else instead of throwing it to the wayside.

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]SSX58TglZRs[/yt]

Trigun, Adult Swim Seeker

Description:

Will be sent later.

Role: You can target a player at night, if that player is the one you are looking for, you will form a QT with them.

As part of the Adult Swim clan you may send in night kills and communicate with you team:

Safe Claim:
[yt]4nCPYZUy-Rc[/yt]
Superman the Animated Series, role must be made up on your own.

~

Confirm by sending me a character from this show you wish to be via PM, if you do not have a preference just send me no preference and I will make it for you. Same applies for your safe claim.
The mafia seeker, sure you confirm your actions but doesn't confirm alignment. And you try to read into what they do instead of just nothing. Felt like a goonish role was balance to the lol stuff Mafia had this game.

So shows.

Vash the Stampede is a futuristic Western like show, and damn is it good. Super smart guy who can shoot without killing, along with very colorful and rememboral characters. Then add in what happens later with it's messages and it plays off to be an incredibly solid series. Go watch it.

Superman, eh, this guy has always bugged me, he's a literal god and does everything like a boy scout while being weak to a glowing rock just cause. I just...I can't like this guy nor his series, it's too bland outside of Lex Luthor. Still some people like it so I threw it in.

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]LDwJArADO9o[/yt]

Robot Chicken, Adult Swim Switch

Description:

Will be sent later.

Role: You have five very colorful buttons you must, I repeat must, press during the night. Red, Pink, Yellow, Black, Blue. These are all controls to towns power roles, You must press four of then during the night phase, the one you do not press will be roleblocked.

Not sending an action will result in no roleblock occurring.

QT: /http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/YqQiUxJ4HnUvH

Safe Claim:
[yt]_0zTPniwZgM[/yt]
Samurai Jack, role must be made up on your own.

~

I stole this from Moderator mafia and for a good reason, I like this role. It's a variant to a roleblocker but it has other down sides to it's pros. Guaranteed roleblock each night, but one dead button, which imo I should have taken out but this game was scum sided as is so I was fine with it.

Oh and why I picked the colors for the buttons?

That is why.

So shows.

I like Robot Chicken for it's comedy and how it goes about it's animation I rarely see a show done this way as it usually ends up bad, but here, it's fine and I like it.

Samurai Jack was my kind of show with no forseeable ending, it played out how he could have gone to the past multiple ways, but still takes the honorable approach and doesn't abandon his morals to do so. That I like, there is a reason he is still going and I like it a lot more than other approaches to this kind of show. Art style, action, pretty much has a lot of what I hoped it would be and it surpassed my expectations.

~

Red Ryu said:
You are...

[yt]9tTzTZGgGTw[/yt]

Death Note, Adult Swim Corpse Eater.

Description:

Will be sent later.

Role: During Twilight or during the night phase, you may select a player and make it so they flip ????. You may use this power again but if used again the previous player's alignment and role will be revealed. When you die all players you have hidden will have their alignments and roles revealed.

Safe Claim:
[yt]E7d3sI6iqcU[/yt]
G Gundam, role must be made up on your own.

~

Janitors are gay, lololololol. Still Perma janitors are dumb so I restricted him to only 1 person at a time and if he wanted to do more needed to let the previous person be revealed. Plus it made no claim in the game auto town outside of the hero. He claims Doctor but someone is janitor'd so can you trust that claim? Exactly what I wanted.

Death Note is a good detective show done from the killers and police's standpoint. It shows how the whole cat and mouse situation plays out while staying true to how a real investigation can play out. The intellect the goes around it pretty cool along with the over dramatic scenes like, "I'll take a potato chip, and EAT IT!"

G Gundam is a Gundam that approaches a more shonen kind of style over the whole war thing the other series do. Me like.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I apologize to the MODs for my poor play this game activity-wise; probably this was my last game trying to go solo; I intend to play in hydras for the future since clearly I have issues with the usual game speed D1

Top Bottom