• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: Beyond the Limit - Philadelphia, PA - May 16 - AWESOME TOURNEY!!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
so far in b+ im only good with falcon and jiggs and trying to learn a bit of falco. ill be participating in both teams and doubles if I make this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol philys not a state, we were already talkin about PA v ppl. only prob is that we'l be missing .com and AndyG, which is quite a big blow to our state. we'l still see what we can do though.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

Revven

FrankerZ
Ohio is going to need some housing, I need housing info or something by at least May 9th (my birthday) so I know wtf is up. There should just be four of us (assuming the other two I want to bring along can come) otherwise, if the other two cannot make it, it's just going to be Shell and I, I believe.

Let me know what's up with somewhere to stay soon pleaseeee. It's like a 7 hour drive!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i personally can not house anyone. i believe i am moving out of my apartment before this tourney happens (its a shame, i live like 2 blocks from the venue lol). this means i would be driving up from my south jersey house for it, which is about an hour away.

thanks scar, il find some way we can work it out. congrats on graduating.

For housing perhaps you could try to get a hold of Phillyrider, Kaylo, or Eazy.

The Cape

Smash Master
I am looking into a possible housing option for the OH guys and Shanus's group. Will keep them posted Chibo.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
....what the....F**K?
What does that have to do with beyond the limit? some random black guy sounding like he has to take a super saiyan s**t. rofl

This tournament needs more HYYYYYPPPPEEEE

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
There is a slim chance I can attend this tourney,very slim, but I just had so much fun in Brawl+, that I want to play it more. (I'm too lazy to mod/ change my Wii. and etc) I am going to need a ride (hint hint, if anyone can take me that would be awesome). I think I could find a ride back or bus or poof back home.That's basically it, the only reason its slim is because of work and etc. I am going to need to enter a Hyper Bolic Time Chamber or something, so I have at least a decent chance of placing somewhere.

Rocann

Smash Lord
There is a slim chance I can attend this tourney,very slim, but I just had so much fun in Brawl+, that I want to play it more. (I'm too lazy to mod/ change my Wii. and etc) I am going to need a ride (hint hint, if anyone can take me that would be awesome). I think I could find a ride back or bus or poof back home.That's basically it, the only reason its slim is because of work and etc. I am going to need to enter a Hyper Bolic Time Chamber or something, so I have at least a decent chance of placing somewhere.

Should be no problem gettin you a ride.

Beat

Smash Ace
I can officially house for Beetle (Beyond the Limit > BtL > Beetle). I think my number's in my profile, but yeah, if not PM me if anyone needs housing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i can house about 4 people now as well

turns out im not moving out of my apartment before this tourney.

pm or hit me up on aim

should onett be a cp here?
everyone vote

Revven

FrankerZ
I'd like to try Onett as a CP simply because I can't really seem to see anything wrong with it as a CP other than blastzone camping which is actually kind of ineffective due to the cars coming every so often (although they are weak as hell) and infinites have been pretty much removed (which was one of the bigger reasons in Brawl it was banned for).

So I say yeah, CP plz.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
cool to know a few of the peeps I talk to online are coming to this. I can't help but try to arrive to this

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the armory housing? if its the armory at drexel u were at before then thats a good place for ppl to stay, its only 2 blocks from the tourney.

hey cape, any idea how i can reserve the giant area downstairs at the armory for a tourney lol. the parking area thing where they hold events all the time.

The Cape

Smash Master
I have no idea who to talk to on that Chibo, however I cannot house a large number of people. I am helping out 2 or 3 people and thats really it since its kind of a stretch as is.

Beat

Smash Ace
I'm against Onett as a CP for the same reasons I'm against it in Melee. Pick a character who kills vertically, camp between houses, DI for the houses and walltech when hit.

Win!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm against Onett as a CP for the same reasons I'm against it in Melee. Pick a character who kills vertically, camp between houses, DI for the houses and walltech when hit.

Win!
Actually, it was mainly banned in Melee because of Fox who not only excels at killing vertically (besides the point however), but with the waveshine infinite. Pretty much same reason it was banned in Brawl cause of DDD.

Giving an edge to a vertical killer is the essence of a CP. It's no difference than Wario Ware in terms of blast zones as Wario Ware gives an advantage to horizontal killers, though I believe they fixed the blast zones on that stage if I'm not mistaken.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Actually, it was mainly banned in Melee because of Fox who not only excels at killing vertically (besides the point however), but with the waveshine infinite. Pretty much same reason it was banned in Brawl cause of DDD.

Giving an edge to a vertical killer is the essence of a CP. It's no difference than Wario Ware in terms of blast zones as Wario Ware gives an advantage to horizontal killers, though I believe they fixed the blast zones on that stage if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure it was banned because of his camping there to, same reason for banning peach's castle :/ olimar gets a big buff from onett, not being able to be gimped.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'd be down for Onett as a CP.

I'm just gonna say this again because these things are near-extinct... draft crews! Or even better, state vs state crew battles (assuming enough NY peeps show to this).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure it was banned because of his camping there to, same reason for banning peach's castle :/ olimar gets a big buff from onett, not being able to be gimped.
even though olimar cant be gimped doesnt make it broken, because hes pretty light and still dies sort of early. in brawl he could practically set up an impenetrable wall with overB and pivot grabs, which he cant do as effective in b+ with less lag aerials and combos. plus, the awkward level structure does sort of mess up his grab game i would think.

but yea the camping factor in melee probably helped as well.

how many ppl does everyone think will be here? i should have kept up with the whos coming list lol. this venue should be able to handle it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If Onett is legal then Shadow Moses Island should be legal too. Horizontal killers can destroy the walls, and it doesn't even have cars to interfere.

Top Bottom