• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
GDX i wanna ride on our plane!!!

an Me an Kage are teaming...=)

Oh an Inui ill take the housing offer since i dont wanna sleep in the streets...or i guess ilkll be with Deez Nutz crew wherever they go i go

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Please confirm anything with regards to me housing you in the actual topic for it. Give me details and please actually confirm it. It's important so I can determine how many rooms I need and what I need to do.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Amount of money I've spent on this tournament so far:

$240.

And it hasn't even started yet.

No johns.
My reply to this is.....

he doesnt have much money to burn. especially when he has to buy his own food cause his foster house is being jewish
What he said.

Are you still under the impression you are the second best Peach main in the US?
Hmm, I smell drama lurking from this post and someone wanting to start with me. I'm gonna look past this and just say;

You can see me as you wish, I am not here for you or anyone else. I am here for me and my favorite nintendo character, that is all.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
what you posted

what I saw
****ING HILARIOUS!!!

he doesnt have much money to burn. especially when he has to buy his own food cause his foster house is being jewish
How would U feel if me and DBS tagged along???:chuckle:

IIRC like 2000 of those posts were all in like, a 24 hour period lol
What is the name of the game in ur sig???

I've played it once and wrecjed every1 with Megaman and V-Joe

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
lol who cares who's the best at who this is brawl son.

****ING HILARIOUS!!!

How would U feel if me and DBS tagged along???:chuckle:

What is the name of the game in ur sig???

I've played it once and wrecjed every1 with Megaman and V-Joe

Tatsanoku vs capcom

G-reg if we end up comming i wanna MM you in Tvc I use roll and casshern or roll and yattaman :)

ChuDat

Smash Master
U should lower the amount of stock per crew to at MOST 15. 20 stock will keep us there forever/take too long. (obviously, this only applies assuming there will be time for crews).

most is a weird word lolz.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Tatsanoku vs capcom

Gotcha, does any1 kno how I how I can mod my Wii to play it???

As far as this tourney is concerned... HYPE!!!
yes if you google search, "how to mod your wii" or twilight hack/ play burnt games you'll find a forum taking you step by step on how to do it. but just so you know everything you do is at your own risk. even though its notlikley you'll brick your wii there still is a small chance.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Ok, here's some things I should probably address...

Housing
I can literally house the entire population of the tournament easily. I just live ~1 hour from the venue. I live in a hotel. I am going to get several rooms at a very cheap rate and charge people like $5. I'm housing my crew in my own rooms that I live in. If you need housing, just show up. The Palmer Inn, 3499 Route 1 South, Princeton, NJ, 08540. My phone number is 732-829-1805. I am probably going to pay for three rooms and then have everyone give me the money for them.

Brackets/Pools
I agree that doing pools of 6 with top 3 advancing to a bracket would be one of the best things to do. Maybe even pools larger than that. Chibo, you should probably do the pools in a way that gets 64 players into a bracket without it just being top 2. Top 3-4 is good.

Livestream/Hosting
Chibo, you know I'm an incredible host and player. I'm perfectly willing to help you run things, do the livestream, run pools for you, etc. I enjoy it. We may not get along well on the boards, but I'm willing to help out as much as I can with this event for the good of the game and the community. I'll be bringing a TV and Wii as well. My events run INCREDIBLY smoothly. I'm a strict TO that gets things done fast. If you need an enforcer, please give me the authority to enforce rules and get things done. Your tournament will run very quickly.
I cosign all the stuff Inui says. If he's housing you, make sure you join this group
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=744&pp=10

Nah, i included the venue fee. Screw this I'm just doing singles as much as I wanna do doubles too. I am not gonna burn so much over a video game.
Have you ever gone to Six Flags? Much more money, slightly less fun IMO, and you're not even entering a competition. No johns.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm with Chu: 15 stock =

-3 people with 4 stocks and 1 person with 3 stocks in a 4 person crew
-5 people with 3 stocks in a 5 person crew

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
I agree we cannot have all these people enter and not have a tournament finish. That would piss a lot of people off.

15 stocks plz.

I am hoping this is single elim double elim crews takes a very long time.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We should do both; this way, I get to play on a themed team (Pokemon, probably)/dream team (because it'd be interesting) and with the guys I'm coming with.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While I would prefer double elimination for crews, I understand that it may have to be single elimination.

One alternative is round robining the crews once you get to the top 4.

Inui, I thought you had an amazing crew, what are you scared of? The Midwest (OH!!!!!!!!)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Don't provoke Inui he can rarely take a joke even though he is one! (SEE THAT INUI??? THAT WAS A JOKE!)

Bwett mm me $5? I'll be the one dressed as Snake, and if they're nametags I'll be "Yes!" and "CowandChicken" (dark you wes xD)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
three yoshis in one place? blasphemy

i shouldnt be suprised though. even in FL theres more yoshis than diddys. wtf is up with that :urg:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There's gonna be like 3 of everything lol:

3 MKs: duh
3 Snakes: Duh
3 Falcos: Sethlon(maybe..I'm not sure if he's playing falco lol),SK92?,Kieatro(sorry I forgot how to spell this lol),d1,chillin..
3 GW's: Hylian, OBM, Noj

I'm way too lazy to finish this list LOL.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i was planning to make crews single elim based on time. going from double elim to single elim is more that double the amount of matches that need to be done. I was hoping to do 20 stocks for the good n' even 4 and 5 person split, however...

based on the time singles pools ends:

if its later than i thought, i will change crews to 15 stocks
if its earlier than i thought, i will consider making it double elim (prob not gonna happen lol)

right now we just have to worry about getting singles done lol.

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
nah double elim is just too much for crews. I like the previous suggestion of RR with the last 4 crews.

ORRR...

after we get the final 4 do a double elim bracket from that

OH SNAP NY/NJ Coming for ya lolz

singles ... pft with all us amazing T.O's we good...besides I am the MASTER of speed in tournament hosting XD

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Chibo: do you know how many TV's you will have? you may want to make an urgent call for TV's because if there are 200 people and only 30 TV's...that isn't a very solid ratio. I've found keeping an active list in the OP of those who say they will bring a TV is the best way to really keep track and keep count of things. With 200 people you should hope to have at least 45 tvs.

Also you may want to try and figure out time schedules ahead of time based on number of tvs/people. For example, if there are 100 people with 25 tvs you do this, if there are 150 people with 35 tvs you do this, if there are 175 people with 40 tvs you do this. It should be pretty easy because the new TIO version should have an estimated time calculator. I don't have the new TIO yet, but I may end up looking at time schedules and posting them in this thread if I manage to get any free time from my midterms this week.

And I think you mentioned it in the OP, but getting registration done for whatever the next event is while singles/doubles/whatever is occuring will speed tournaments up drastically. The transition from one event to the next should be, essentially, seamless (ie less than a half hour of dead time). I've seen far, far to many tournaments delayed because they didn't start registering people for one event until the previous event had finished.

Other keys to running tournaments fast that are often overlooked: keep an eye on the bracket, if ANY part of the bracket is behind more then one round of any other part then that part of the bracket has already extended the ENTIRE tournament 15-25 minutes. Add 15-25 minutes for each round a part of the bracket is behind. Also its usually best to run WR1, WR2, LR1, LR2, WR3, LR3, WR4, etc. Do not run just the winners or just the losers bracket. Tell people never to leave their pools. Assign a captain to each pool who is responsible for keeping track of matches (you likely will know enough names/who the experience people are at each pool in order to get one trustworthy captain for each pool).

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
There's gonna be like 3 of everything lol:

3 MKs: duh
3 Snakes: Duh
3 Falcos: Sethlon(maybe..I'm not sure if he's playing falco lol),SK92?,Kieatro(sorry I forgot how to spell this lol),d1,chillin..
3 GW's: Hylian, OBM, Noj

I'm way too lazy to finish this list LOL.

NoJ is going?

YAYYY
i havnt seen that guy in FOREVERRRR

i cant wait! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom