• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Anti your mom should have calmed that riot down. I'm sure she could have. =S

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Regardless of all this drama I still had fun with ppl I knew and ppl I met. I'll prlly post later, I'm still half awake and at work...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
rofl smash drama!!!

Oh boy, fun times reading this topic.

I empathize with Chibo, but I gotta say you should always expect the worse. Well... if you really did all of the pools by hand, that was a bad choice. Let technology help you out as much as possible. And take a leaf from the kishes, get pool organizers and set side certain TV's for certain pools. Even if you were only expecting 200, you should have been at least that much prepared, and if you were, I truly believe the situation was out of your hands.

As for the others here starting riots and what not: I understand mob mentality. Hey, it's a cool story to tell when you get home right? You get all fired up in the cockles of your hearts and get this large feeling of purpose going on.

It still doesn't help.

Inui: I of all people agree with your stance on BS stages, If it were up to me, Melee would be FD and DL64 only and Brawl would be FD, BF, and Smashville only. But you complain before the tournament, not after. Can't change the past. And finding a reason for your loss is fine, but overstating it just looks bad and is not constructive. A one liner would have sufficed.

But most importantly, brawl depends on so much luck to begin with, you're kidding yourself if you really play the game to show skill. You're in it for the money knowing BS is Brawl's middle name and you can't complain when it bites you in the *** like that. If you want skill to be the determining factor, play a game that requires more skill and less luck. Brawl doesn't fit into that category. I fully understand playing it for money, but c'mon now.

And I just realized what an unecessarily long post this was for someone who didn't go...

oh well.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You guys are giving him too much credit. He never wins down here. Even in small local tournament.

He's really not good at chaingrabbing. Takeurlife2 beat him in a mm. Takeyour what? Exactly.
LMFAO

I also beat Hylian in a mm. Diddy ditto though.

That sucks. I feel bad for them. Hopefully the tournament will end in a reasonable amount of time.
rofl nope

Chibo is getting lynched.
I predicted this would happen shortly before the riot began lol

Best tournament... EVER
RIG is God in disguise... im almost positive :p
could someone tell me how Dazwa did in the tourney Cause hes our only chance of repping Maine >:p
All I know is that Dazwa beat me in loser's. I really like his ZSS, it's very smart.

Guys I just got a call from Snakeee, Chu Dat just got arrested. Apparently he sucked someone in a back alley.
Hilarious.

I can tell exactly what happened seeing as how i was almost running this thing lol (no i'm not why it failed, ask anyone who was there i was a HUGE help... get it HUGE my voice, i guess it's an inside thing.)

Ok on the firs day the amount of people were over whelming amount of people. It took a REALLY long time to sign everyone up because they were only using one computer, thus taking one person at a time. For some reason it took some suggestion but they finally started using TWo get that TWO whole computers for sign ups. (i know two is amazing right?) So for some reason (for which i don't know) pools were done by hand, which is really hard with one t.o. doing it especially when they don't know about other regions and such. Six - Seven hours later we got doubles pools STARTED but that still didn't cut it seeng as there were many bracket problems, which yours truly along with a good friend ultimodragon, to deal with seeing as the t.o. went off to play their matches. So after that singles pools tried to start but we only got SOME of it done, because of the fact that we had a midnight kick out time and things started SO late.

Today was an hour late people tried to finish their singles pools but there were still problems, not enough set up, and lost of people weren't there on time. Blah blah, long long long. So after one round of pools (don't forget we had to cut crews and low tiers) we started a singles bracket a very BIG singles bracket 96 people give or take. So we have a 96 man bracket and it had some problems that needed to be fixed, some people that need to be DQ'd because of time which took way longer than necessary. SO we have a 10pm end time it's 9 grand finals of of doubles still haven't been done, some stuff has randomly happened in signles bracket.

Vex Kasrani beat Azen, knocking him out of the tourney.
HRNut beat Spam
Anti knocked Azen into Losers(and hen leaves because of his mom)
Rogue Pit beat Holy Knightmare
Jash beat Santi in Toon Link Dittos.

Then the rent a cops came(what you guys are calling the LAPD) to me they were just drexel rent a cops.We tried to get people out but we saw it wasn't happening oh well. The rent a cops unplugged the stream of i think it was ally vs chu last stock. Atomsl starts a huge rave two different times,
First time was money back, second time was **** chibo(atomsk is a funny dude)
sparking flames of rebel and hate basically for chibo.

Honestly Chibo is a personal friend of mine and that wpn't change because a tournament got ****ed up, but I see his reputation getting *** ***** from this.
Me on the outher hand, i'm amazing. :D
Azen didn't leave wtf, he was there all the way through the riot. Also, it was Dk Smash and not Atomsk who started the riot I think, or it was both lol

Napopilez made some epic:

^^ this. srsly brawlers, stop being so dumb "OH NOEZ MY SEKRET ATz" so lame. scrubs too 'fraid of competition?
Awesome.

What an amazing community! :)

There are apparently no reasons for losing. There's no way to explain why a loss occured. How does one get better? How does one understand why they lost in order to improve?

Who knows?! There are no reasons! Just "no johns" and you move on! Who cares about why or how it happened? That's for scrubs!
LOL a funny post from Inui haha

Getting grabbed and CGed into the klaptrap = bad luck.

Getting hit into the klaptrap = bad luck.

Getting hit into the water on the left and dying = luckbased/garbage because it wouldn't happen on stages that aren't crap.

Jungle Japes encourages massive camping and planking.

Stupid stage. Shouldn't be allowed.

I hope you don't think Nofair should be on...
What possessed you to make it legal then? No other tournament in Atlantic North has those stages on. NJ, NY, and MD/VA all ban them.
MD/VA still has Norfair legal because they're ****ing morons. I despise that stage and kept asking every god**** TO I ran into to ban it for the next tourny.

WHY IS IT LEGAL!?! IT HAS SIX LEDGES IT PRACTICALLY BEGS YOU TO PLANK

That being said, I fortunately did not run into any homos who cp'd me there so I was happy.

You Ppl Post **** About The Game Rather Than **** That Happened Today At The Tournament Lol How Ppl Got **** Hard Out Of Their Time And Money.

I Guess Tons Of You ****ing Get Allowance, **** I Dont Have Fun With That ****
I love when Wes posts.

Game sucks period!

I rofl'ed.

<3 D1

Smooth Criminal
As did I <3

Melee fo lyfeeeeeee
Hell yeah.

Everyone should just play Melee and the Bowser Challenge should be an actual event at every tournament.
Agreed

yeah and dksmash if i ever see you on non-chibo ran grounds where he would get in trouble for ****.....im beating the ever living **** outta you. that riot was completely started by you for no reason at all.

and atomsk too, you both need to chill the **** out for real. the **** tourney ran late. end of story. if you seriously told someone faults about the tournament that could even remotely be traced back to chibo, MAYBE doubles pools creation could be brought up, but that **** happens. your the ones that didnt bring tvs, wiis, etc.

also, after i answered about 100 people questioning me about when doubles pools was gonna start, and they finally started, i went to play my pools matches and people were sitting their IN MY POOL, playing SINGLES friendlies. then i walked around and this was happening at most tv's. lol, im glad this ran late cuz it was your own faults.
Calm down, DK Smash is a chill guy and would never start a riot just for the sake of starting one. I believe that the "money back" chant was just to get the **** security to stfu and leave so we could watch the last bunch of finals matches. No one really wanted their money back, we wanted to see the best play it out.

I think this whole riot would've happened if people were allowed to watch Ally Vs. Chu. I think that's all they wanted lol. They probably would've left after that.
Yup

Moral of the story? Brawl sucks.
Fixed. Yup.

Did this ever happen in melee scene? (just wondering...)

And wtf why are people stealing wii's -_- No one is gonna bring a wii to tourneys if that is gonna happen :\

edit: One more thing, who is Random Ike guy I keep hearing about ;O?? I want to hear what is amazing about him.
No LOL Melee community was cool as hell and I miss it badly.

Awesome, that's a great idea.

Oh yea, to everyone saying it's Brawl people who start riots or something, every person who insited the riots were former Melee players. Don't blame the game or the community. Can't someone be responsible for his or her own actions for a change?

Oh yea, and Chibo, I'm sorry everything went hell at the end.(Even thoguh I wasn't apart of it, lol)
Calvin, Brawl tends to bring out the worst in everyone, even the Melee players. You know this better than most. And why's that? Because Brawl is more luck based with a lot of bs elements in it that can cause far weaker players to win. Case in point: Atomsk losing to a random Diddy because of the stages. He should never have lost to him, but he did. Jesus, Dire Vulcan threw his controller at the wall after losing and so did Gonzo (or so I'm told). I've never seen anyone do that for Melee.

Also, there are a lot more *******s in the Brawl community. Seriously, some uptight mofos I can't stand.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Cut chibo some slack. He was very sick. I mean yea the tournament was a mess but hey u live and learn!!

Shoutout to .com for keeping everything in order(until the dumb *** riot)

XIF

Smash Master
Oh and one more thing, as a bit of an advice to chibo:

Having a time sensitive venue (especially 10 PM wtf) is never a good idea, the whole thing could've been avoided with a better venue. We can all learn from past mistakes and I thought Pound 3 all taught us that. I'm sure it was a great venue otherwise, and that if all went to plan that could've been avoided, but rule number 1 of plan making is to take into account when things don't go to plan.

"Even the best laid plans of mice and men..."

And Crismas: <3.

Lobos

Smash Master
Thumbs your post was half correct, I saw so much ledge stalling and nothing was done about it. You are right tho, different game....different mentality. >_>

Azen just wanted to play friendlies lol good **** going all Lucario

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wow.

Well Chibo now that I've read your epic post everything makes sense now.

This tourney will still go down as one of if not the most ****ed up Smash tournies ever from what I can tell though. >_>

Also Ally needs to get some crazy good MK practice from M2K lol

dmbrandon

Smash Master
A few days ago, players from as far south as Texas met with players as north as Canada in an epic tournament.
A few days ago many upsets happened.
A few days ago crowds were awed and children cried.
A few days ago TITANS CLASHED.
Then we all went home mad, and no one saw ****.

HYPE

Inui

Banned via Warnings
2nd: Snakeee and TeH_Spammerer ($580)
3rd: Inui and Atomsk ($232)
:confused:

Snakeee, teh_spamerer, Atomsk, and myself split 2nd and 3rd in teams.

That should have given us $203 a person, but we only got $175.

Are your numbers correct for the money? If so, we got jewed pretty hard.

I want my $28.

Hax

Smash Champion
my brawl falcon never fails, I'll money match all the ddd's out there.

dk smash is the man. lain and anther too. it was sick to reunite with all the heads from pound 3 and more.. made me feel like I was there again.

japes and norfair should be legal. norfair involves luck, japes does not. get it right idiots..

I hate this game, most of the people in it and always will.

chibo didn't deserve the riot he got.. I only participated in it cuz it was overall a boring *** weekends of brawl and not entertaining at all other than meeting some cool people, talking **** with swat, scars house and of course the riot lol

good **** ally repping that snake, he won't be 2nd best for long though I can tell

now why can't we all just play MELEEEE

XIF

Smash Master
my brawl falcon never fails, I'll money match all the ddd's out there.

dk smash is the man. lain and anther too. it was sick to reunite with all the heads from pound 3 and more.. made me feel like I was there again.

japes and norfair should be legal. norfair involves luck, japes does not. get it right idiots..

I hate this game, most of the people in it and always will.

chibo didn't deserve the riot he got.. I only participated in it cuz it was overall a boring *** weekends of brawl and not entertaining at all other than meeting some cool people, talking **** with swat, scars house and of course the riot lol

good **** ally repping that snake, he won't be 2nd best for long though I can tell

now why can't we all just play MELEEEE
come to Final Round nigg, learn some 2-D fighters and play melee.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
I Can't Believe this $H1T !!

WOW!! are ppl seriously backing this guy chibo up?? PPL THAT DIDNT EVEN SHOW UP!? ppl that didnt call out of work for the weekend and spend $200 to attend a tournament w/ a program that consisted of teams/ singles/ LOW TIERS/ CREWS (which never happened). You are the Man RESPONSIBLE for running a NATIONAL TOURNAMENT, w/ ppl traveling from all over the country and CANADA as well. IF YOU MESSED UP, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY AND THE BLAME FOR ALL OF IT. it was your fault. OK ... you didnt expect 280 ppl, EXCUSES, a wii was stolen, EXCUSES, tried to negotiate w/ the venue manager, EXCUSES, you were sick, EXCUSES.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THIS! NO1. Especially the ppl that spend mad cake, and traveled mad for this event. and at the end of it, got BOOTED from the venue late sunday night and now we gotta feel pitty for the tournament host? YOUR RIGHT, this community is a bunch of kids, becuz a grown A$$ man would want some answers , NOT EXCUSES, as to what went on in the tournament. that entire post you just made CHIBO, was 1 big fat JOHN. You left a bad taste of OOS Brawl Tourney's in everyone's mouth. ppl will now reconcider going out of state to tournaments. especially ppl from canada. mad cool pplz by the way.

As far as the ppl on the other end of the spectrum...the ppl that love to post their insight as to what happened and didnt even go to the event. STOP! no1 wants to hear it, becuz its all B.S. You dont know what happened at the tournament, and you didnt sacrifice ANYTHING to get there. So YES, IM SURE ITS EASY FOR YOU TO FEEL SORRY FOR THE TOURNAMENT HOST. Its nothing PERSONAL against you CHIBO, but as a tournament host, your the F**KING WORST EVER! you really messed it up for alot of ppl, and im gonna go ahead and speak on behalf of the Deadly Alliance Crew, we will not travel out of state for another brawl tournament, unless its MLG hosting the touranament or another huge SPONSERED COMPANY. we will only travel within the tri-state area. which is sad becuz i had alot of fun meeting new smashers from all over.

I'll end this with Wes' famous quote " NEVER AGAIN !"

GOTM

Smash Champion
1. Don't take it out of the game. We weren't told we had to leave and couldn't watch ****, I helped start that riot and I'd do it again. It was bull****. Physical violence is garbage.

2. DK SMASHES FISTS ARE LIKE ROCKS. Seriously, that dude scares the piss out of me. :X
you were told you had to leave otherwise you wouldnt have started the riot. thats what everyone was pissed about. and you payed the venue fee to stay until sunday night at 10pm, it said so on the tournament page here for a WHILE. it was after that deadline when we started kicking people out. if it was up to us we would have let you stayed all night to finish everything, we would have preferred it, but we attend drexel and if they are getting serious with us and our organization, nothing we can do about it. i aint lettin a stupid ****ty game get in the way of my education that i pay 40 grand a year for.

also, when you threaten chibo over a game, thats already bringing it out of the game. and trust me for your sake, you do not want that. ever.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't understand how some people can be so immature.

This tournament was amazingly fun because of the people I met/played/chilled with. EC has some really fun smashers. Texas had a great time at this.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
aah that was a good night's sleep. So, is Inui still johning?

well just make sure my dudes on the east coast all come to Apex.. That'll be a 2 day tournament to remember!

NYC All Day!

No Johns!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
WOW!! are ppl seriously backing this guy chibo up?? PPL THAT DIDNT EVEN SHOW UP!? ppl that didnt call out of work for the weekend and spend $200 to attend a tournament w/ a program that consisted of teams/ singles/ LOW TIERS/ CREWS (which never happened). You are the Man RESPONSIBLE for running a NATIONAL TOURNAMENT, w/ ppl traveling from all over the country and CANADA as well. IF YOU MESSED UP, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY AND THE BLAME FOR ALL OF IT. it was your fault. OK ... you didnt expect 280 ppl, EXCUSES, a wii was stolen, EXCUSES, tried to negotiate w/ the venue manager, EXCUSES, you were sick, EXCUSES.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THIS! NO1. Especially the ppl that spend mad cake, and traveled mad for this event. and at the end of it, got BOOTED from the venue late sunday night and now we gotta feel pitty for the tournament host? YOUR RIGHT, this community is a bunch of kids, becuz a grown A$$ man would want some answers , NOT EXCUSES, as to what went on in the tournament. that entire post you just made CHIBO, was 1 big fat JOHN. You left a bad taste of OOS Brawl Tourney's in everyone's mouth. ppl will now reconcider going out of state to tournaments. especially ppl from canada. mad cool pplz by the way.

As far as the ppl on the other end of the spectrum...the ppl that love to post their insight as to what happened and didnt even go to the event. STOP! no1 wants to hear it, becuz its all B.S. You dont know what happened at the tournament, and you didnt sacrifice ANYTHING to get there. So YES, IM SURE ITS EASY FOR YOU TO FEEL SORRY FOR THE TOURNAMENT HOST. Its nothing PERSONAL against you CHIBO, but as a tournament host, your the F**KING WORST EVER! you really messed it up for alot of ppl, and im gonna go ahead and speak on behalf of the Deadly Alliance Crew, we will not travel out of state for another brawl tournament, unless its MLG hosting the touranament or another huge SPONSERED COMPANY. we will only travel within the tri-state area. which is sad becuz i had alot of fun meeting new smashers from all over.

I'll end this with Wes' famous quote " NEVER AGAIN !"
Yea, blame it all on Chibo. Don't blame it on the countless people who lived less than 1 hour away but decided, hey, someone else can bring a Wii/TV. Less than 32 set ups for 280 people? Squander locals NY/NJ/PA players.

Yea, don't blame it on the idiots who were doing friendlies during doubles pools on Saturday. My doubles pool, which had 6 teams in it (about average, some pools had 7), including two teams that had players without controllers (meaning we had some small wait times while other teams let them borrow controllers), was finished using 2 tvs in LESS THAN 2 HOURS. Some pools took up to 3 and a half hours to finish. There is no excuse for that other than the players not having the sense to kick people of friendlies and also not wandering away from their pool when there were still matches to be played. 90% of doubles pools should have had 2 tvs and should have finished in approximately 2 hours, but instead it took almost 4, and it wasn't Chibo who squandered, it was the players who decided to put themselves first and not finishing their matches/pools in a timely/efficient manner.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I don't understand how some people can be so immature.

This tournament was amazingly fun because of the people I met/played/chilled with. EC has some really fun smashers. Texas had a great time at this.
helll yeah

Texas/Southwest was the coolest people by FAR at this event. You guys were all mad cool to chill with, hylian, I didn't spend a whole lot of time with you but the games were crazy fun at chibo's that night.

Lee Martin is hilarious. I still laugh about when nana died... "****in dumb s1ut!"

infinity, cool as ****, man. just relaxin out in the lounge with you and thein, havin a good time

thein you are no lie amazing, I didn't think you would beat waltz even with my help because he's really good, but you just adapted so fast... you were a lot of fun.

broken arrow kids were too good at rock paper scissors, santi plays so hard his hands bleed and dojo knows what a wawa is now

sorry canada, you guys were too serious... I looked at holy and I was like man do you think I can beat your bro? he just solemnly shook his head no XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom