• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I wish I would've gotten a philly cheese steak : (
I was so excited to have one.. I didn't even eat throughout the tournament lol .

This tourny was fun, but exhausting.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'm a little upset I didn't get much "talk with pro" time, but I'll live. Next big tourney I go to, I'm bringing a set of markers. I'm getting my Wii autographed........no homo >_>

I'll have a pink marker just for you, Pride.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Chibo: you just ***** all the *******s who have been flaming you and placing 100% of the blame on you.

I'm glad I stayed neutral and waited for your explanation :) good job anyway.

This was definitely the most entertaining tournament to talk about/watch online.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
Yea, blame it all on Chibo. Don't blame it on the countless people who lived less than 1 hour away but decided, hey, someone else can bring a Wii/TV. Less than 32 set ups for 280 people? Squander locals NY/NJ/PA players.

Yea, don't blame it on the idiots who were doing friendlies during doubles pools on Saturday. My doubles pool, which had 6 teams in it (about average, some pools had 7), including two teams that had players without controllers (meaning we had some small wait times while other teams let them borrow controllers), was finished using 2 tvs in LESS THAN 2 HOURS. Some pools took up to 3 and a half hours to finish. There is no excuse for that other than the players not having the sense to kick people of friendlies and also not wandering away from their pool when there were still matches to be played. 90% of doubles pools should have had 2 tvs and should have finished in approximately 2 hours, but instead it took almost 4, and it wasn't Chibo who squandered, it was the players who decided to put themselves first and not finishing their matches/pools in a timely/efficient manner.
if the obama administration doesnt succeed at fixing the economy. who gets blamed? the president. I know more ppl are responsible, but ppl point their fingers to 1 man.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
if the obama administration doesnt succeed at fixing the economy. who gets blamed? the president. I know more ppl are responsible, but ppl point their fingers to 1 man.
LOL Raffy what the hell?! madd random! ur right the head guy should be the guy on spotlight but no one is perfect. Well I wasnt at this so I cant say much about the tourney so whatever. I'm done lol

Final Round is around the corner,

-MikeyG

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Chibo: I support you in this effort to calm the kids down. Running Brawl tournaments is EXHAUSTING, TIME CONSUMING, and a LOT of WORK/STRESS.

I wasn't able to go because my flight was full Saturday night and I was exhausted from the tournament that day, otherwise I would have been there helping you out. Good job to everyone that did help out. If only everyone could have co-operated.

As for the Brawl community: GROW UP! I am sure Chibo gave 110% as a tournament organizer, stop the harassment.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Seems to me it was bad organization > manager fail > fail people > finals

Bad organization - Seen it before; forgivable.

Manager Fail - Can't do anything about it now since it's over. But that is an misfortune that we cannot get upset at the TO for.

Fail people -
You fail. I heard rather than helping out with Wiis or TVs, a Wii was stolen. Rather than focusing on the tournament, you played friendlies with tournament TVs and Wiis that were supposed to be used for tournament games.
It's amazingly you're own fault for that happening too. Also, epic fail for riot. Money back? You paid, played and lost. "I payed to see the best play" ... yeah right. You payed to play, watching others play is a privileged not a right.
Did anyone seriously think that chanting for your money, refusing to leave, etc would actually DO ANYTHING???

Other than worsen your, the community, and videogame tournaments reputations.

Final - It was still finished, people still had fun.
This is a win amongst the fail.
The a new Wii being payed for to replace the stolen one is the win amongst the fail.
Samurai Panda helping out is the win amongst the fail rioters trying to fight against the rules.

Yes, I believe people will not forget this. People will still be stingy, upset. Others, who actually allowed themselves to have fun be being cool and understanding will still remember that and the fail.

The tourney wasn't a fail

This is the fail of that community.

And what sucks is that so many people have written similar posts. And no one is going to be changed by them. People won't change because of posts.

I was EXTREMELY upset at the manager, and immediately went to the office with him to discuss what had happened, and you will all be sure that I will be talking to his boss about what happened, as I am pissed.
I'm curious about that. Let us know what happened, k.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
random stuff since most people weren't there

@ tgm, dojo beat me 2 stock high % first game, then i believe i beat him back 1 stock mid % then 2 stock mid % after that. Dojo 3 stocked spam at really high % first game, then lost 2 other really close games. Spam should have beaten Ally, he only lost the 3rd game because of killing himself at 0% with a fart by dying at the top of the screen and dying in the front instead of the background. He then lost game 4, but I don't think he was playing as good as he was in those other games, probably because he was discouraged. First game Spam lost... 1 stock mid %? I forget. 2nd game though Spam won 2 stock 40% or something like that. I beat Ally 6-1. Also, Lee shouldn't have beaten NinjaLink imo. First game NL won 1 stock low % I think, 2nd game Lee got really lucky. 3rd game was last hit dead even. Me and Lee won teams if that wasn't updated, spam snakeee got 2nd, inui/atomsk 3rd. Anther was really good in the friendly I played with him. Spam vs Anther was dead even all 3 games. First two matches were LAST HIT and went to timer, while the 3rd game didn't go to timer, but it was also very last hit. Also, Spam went all Wario vs Ally (and imo he should have won) and Lee went all Lucario vs everyone he beat I think

another thing people - grow the **** up, it wasn't chibos fault that NO ONE WAS PLAYING THEIR MATCHES. In fact, I take part of the blame, as I was being lazy a lot of the time. Most of you people there, if you just PLAYED ALL YOUR MATCHES when u were all supposed to this wouldn't have happened. The main issue was not enough set ups though IMO. With more set ups, the tourney would have been really good. I had fun.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Met my goals, I'm happy :) (top 5 teams, singles bracket, and lots of friendlies!)

Worst tournament ever, but really fun/funny regardless.

ggz all

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
everybody needs to stop with all this tough talk because

- a bullet can shut anyone up
- most people can't even spell fight let alone be in one
- half of you won't say all these things to each other in person

And about defending chibo...

The tournament didn't run according to plan and **** happened

Y'all act like you've never experienced problems in a tourney b4

This ain't new

Use trains for example

You take a train to work everyday for 3 years and you may have been late 8 times due to a malfunction or an accident

5 work days x 52 work weeks = 260 total days
260 x 3 years = 780

Out of the 780 days you got to work on time you had 8 bad encounters

Can't erase the bad days and they might very well affect your job

You do have other options though

- buy a car and drive yourself to work (run your own tournaments)
Pro: you have more control over getting to work on time (control tournament structure and flow)
Con: you're still susceptible to road/car/other problems (some unplanned occurrences can still mess up your tourney. Even if a ton of planning went into it)

Or

- don't go to work and quit your job (quit smash and it's tournament scene)
Pro: no more worries about being late (no headache from tournies)

Con: no money coming in (no placings or recognition)

Honestly I could care less about the current situation
I just like debating

You still got 260

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I remember Lee and I hated each other when we met at FAST, but we got along so well this time.

<3 Lee. Can't wait to see you again at WHOBO, or even sooner! :)

cutter

Smash Champion
So basically the moral of the story is:

- Make pre-reg MANDATORY for large, national-scale events (thank you Genesis)
- Pools ALWAYS have priority over friendlies
- Grow up, act your age

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs they meant ANTI had to leave after beating AZEN [sadness on both accounts, btw :(]

props to ANTI [and Vex]
Ah, I see.

Thumbs your post was half correct, I saw so much ledge stalling and nothing was done about it. You are right tho, different game....different mentality. >_>

Azen just wanted to play friendlies lol good **** going all Lucario
<3

That is not a sentence. Shut up.

I think this is the best thing ever. This will forever be remembered by everyoneeeeee
lol <3

WOW!! are ppl seriously backing this guy chibo up?? PPL THAT DIDNT EVEN SHOW UP!? ppl that didnt call out of work for the weekend and spend $200 to attend a tournament w/ a program that consisted of teams/ singles/ LOW TIERS/ CREWS (which never happened). You are the Man RESPONSIBLE for running a NATIONAL TOURNAMENT, w/ ppl traveling from all over the country and CANADA as well. IF YOU MESSED UP, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY AND THE BLAME FOR ALL OF IT. it was your fault. OK ... you didnt expect 280 ppl, EXCUSES, a wii was stolen, EXCUSES, tried to negotiate w/ the venue manager, EXCUSES, you were sick, EXCUSES.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THIS! NO1. Especially the ppl that spend mad cake, and traveled mad for this event. and at the end of it, got BOOTED from the venue late sunday night and now we gotta feel pitty for the tournament host? YOUR RIGHT, this community is a bunch of kids, becuz a grown A$$ man would want some answers , NOT EXCUSES, as to what went on in the tournament. that entire post you just made CHIBO, was 1 big fat JOHN. You left a bad taste of OOS Brawl Tourney's in everyone's mouth. ppl will now reconcider going out of state to tournaments. especially ppl from canada. mad cool pplz by the way.

As far as the ppl on the other end of the spectrum...the ppl that love to post their insight as to what happened and didnt even go to the event. STOP! no1 wants to hear it, becuz its all B.S. You dont know what happened at the tournament, and you didnt sacrifice ANYTHING to get there. So YES, IM SURE ITS EASY FOR YOU TO FEEL SORRY FOR THE TOURNAMENT HOST. Its nothing PERSONAL against you CHIBO, but as a tournament host, your the F**KING WORST EVER! you really messed it up for alot of ppl, and im gonna go ahead and speak on behalf of the Deadly Alliance Crew, we will not travel out of state for another brawl tournament, unless its MLG hosting the touranament or another huge SPONSERED COMPANY. we will only travel within the tri-state area. which is sad becuz i had alot of fun meeting new smashers from all over.

I'll end this with Wes' famous quote " NEVER AGAIN !"
Haha I love when this guys posts, he's just like Wes.

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet
this Was Absolutely The Worst Tourney I've Ever Been To. And I've Been To Some Bad Tourneys. Really Bad Ones. I've Been To The Awful Tourneys Hosted By DA, Those Were Pretty Bad, But This One Takes The Cake.

I Had To Wait 10 Hrs Just To Play One God Dam Tourney Match, Wtf. Gtfo!
I Traveled Halfway 'round The World To Shake M2k's Hand, He Said No. What A Douche. Azen Shook My Hand And Played Me In A Match.
I Wanted Some More Friendlies, But The People In Charge Were Being Douches.
I Had To Look At Inui's Ugly *** A Lot, That Damaged My Eyes Now I Have To Wear Glasses.
I Was Cheated In My Match, My Opponents Spit On My Face What A Bunch Of Qu33rs.

Gtfo Worst Tourney Ever.

p.s. ChuDat is a qu33r and a loser, i beat him with one hand and damaged eyes in friendlies. Then he started crying.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Inui couldn't handle the D!CK!!!! LMAO

this was a really fun tourney ill post shoutouts later
but for now

Spam: good matches, i honestly didnt know who you were until after the match, a really intense set, GGs
Azen: Stop surviving fresh spikes at 80+ % there's no meteor canceling in brawl lol
NEO: Too funny, enjoy hanging out with you and the other marths even if i played snake lol, next time when tournies arent ran badly well get to play
Seibrik & ATL SOUTH: thanks for backing me through the tourney, especially the counterpick against spammer Halberd FTW, my new favorite counterpick lol

ill post more later

Anth0ny

Smash Master
another thing people - grow the **** up, it wasn't chibos fault that NO ONE WAS PLAYING THEIR MATCHES. In fact, I take part of the blame, as I was being lazy a lot of the time. Most of you people there, if you just PLAYED ALL YOUR MATCHES when u were all supposed to this wouldn't have happened. The main issue was not enough set ups though IMO. With more set ups, the tourney would have been really good. I had fun.
Yeah, it was really frustrating watching money matches and friendlies on the live stream while the tournament was extremely short on time. But now you're saying that this was going on not only on the live stream, but on other tvs? God damn it people....

Sliq

Smash Master
everybody needs to stop with all this tough talk because

- a bullet can shut anyone up
I've always been curious about that. Why do people think it makes them hard or badass to shoot people? ****, I can shoot people, and I'm soft as ****. Shooting someone isn't hard to do. Push button, dude is shot. You kind of have to aim a little, but still.

You'd think if you wanted to to show how hard you were you'd fist fight someone, considering doing something comparable to pushing a button and ending someone's life seems rather "bitch" like to me.

It's like infiniting someone. Sure, it gives you a better chance of winning the match, but no one is going to respect you for it, and I thought being hard and badass was all about respect.

And yes, internet tough talk is only for tom foolery and nothing else.

Edit: I'm not saying Scissors is doing this, I wish just curious about it as I have overheard people talking about really scary **** while in places like the grocery store and gas station, and figured someone could offer insight.

Scissors is a cool dude and his Pikachu is so good it makes me cry Hawaiian Punch.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion

I Traveled Halfway 'round The World To Shake M2k's Hand, He Said No. What A Douche. Azen Shook My Hand And Played Me In A Match.
Gtfo Worst Tourney Ever.
That reminds me. M2K almost got me booted out of Brackets. He gives someone two free wins so that he could get into pools, taking me out of the top 3 in my pool. I brought it up, and .com asked why he did it, he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I really don't care" he says.

I'm like, "****, I CARE!!!" Chibo tells him to play the set out, and he sandbags, losing the first match.

I understand M2K has like.....rock star status, but that kind of underhanded nonsense shouldn't be tolerated.

Spife

Smash Master
Wow, "We wont travel OOS for a tournament"? Be grateful you actually have tournaments to travel too and that you can travel in the first place.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I've always been curious about that. Why do people think it makes them hard or badass to shoot people? ****, I can shoot people, and I'm soft as ****. Shooting someone isn't hard to do. Push button, dude is shot. You kind of have to aim a little, but still.

You'd think if you wanted to to show how hard you were you'd fist fight someone, considering doing something comparable to pushing a button and ending someone's life seems rather "bitch" like to me.

It's like infiniting someone. Sure, it gives you a better chance of winning the match, but no one is going to respect you for it, and I thought being hard and badass was all about respect.

And yes, internet tough talk is only for tom foolery and nothing else.
LOL do u know who this guy is?.... if so i doubt you would just call it internet tough talk lol... he's calmed down alot since the melee days but yea if u would say something like the post u made to his face your nose might end up leaking with blood...

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet
That reminds me. M2K almost got me booted out of Brackets. He gives someone two free wins so that he could get into pools, taking me out of the top 3 in my pool. I brought it up, and .com asked why he did it, he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I really don't care" he says.

I'm like, "****, I CARE!!!" Chibo tells him to play the set out, and he sandbags, losing the first match.

I understand M2K has like.....rock star status, but that kind of underhanded nonsense shouldn't be tolerated.

SON, what does it matter. You noobs would've gotten ***** eventually, LOL!!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Okay, so a lot of blame is going around (like most of this situation) as people were playing friendly's and that was everyone's fault and made the tourny longer. I'm not understanding why there wasn't a designated person going around checking on TV's. I did that for a short while in trying to get matches underway when Alex was helping for that short time. But the bracket hadn't been made yet so it wasn't helping as much. But really, for this size it's inevitable that people will play friendly's on the "down time" so there should've been someone going around telling ppl to GTFO for tourny matches and if they don't listen it's time to reset the wii and deter them. It's not new, it's not a surprise...it's something that should've been handled and planned for. Call a match, have said designated person find an open TV and there you go!

Just an observation...

I mean that's just a small part of feedback on what I've been reading.

And I still owe shout out's but in summary I had a great time, I met a lot of awesome people I hadn't met before and hung out with awesome people that I hadn't seen in a while. Watched some good matches, played some good matches. It was exhausting for all of us but really I still had fun.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
helll yeah

Texas/Southwest was the coolest people by FAR at this event. You guys were all mad cool to chill with, hylian, I didn't spend a whole lot of time with you but the games were crazy fun at chibo's that night.

Lee Martin is hilarious. I still laugh about when nana died... "****in dumb s1ut!"

infinity, cool as ****, man. just relaxin out in the lounge with you and thein, havin a good time

thein you are no lie amazing, I didn't think you would beat waltz even with my help because he's really good, but you just adapted so fast... you were a lot of fun.

broken arrow kids were too good at rock paper scissors, santi plays so hard his hands bleed and dojo knows what a wawa is now

sorry canada, you guys were too serious... I looked at holy and I was like man do you think I can beat your bro? he just solemnly shook his head no XD
yeah, and you guys lead us to Chibo's
that was sooo much fun lol, I definitely need to try and come to Texas, you guys are too cool

:p. Glad we made a good impression. When I hold a national tournament eventually hopefully you guys can make it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just wanted to say

Good stuff to Alex Strife/Crismas/SamuraiPanda and anyone else who stepped in to assist with the tourney. It would've been a complete mess without you guys. from the viewer standpoint, you guys did a great job.

GOTM

Smash Champion
or like resting someone :laugh:

also, i was literally wandering the venue at all times both days asking people if they were playing tournament. all people did was lie and say yes. during doubles pools i walked up to a tv just to see what they would say. they were playing a singles match. i said is this tourney just for the hell of it, and they said yes. i should have hooked the dude right there, lmao, but then i was like is this a MM, and he said no its just really important. i told him to get off so i could do a pools match and he still wouldnt do anything. so i shut the wii off and he got pissed.

funny thing is, this was the same person that asked me about 50 times when doubles pools were gonna start before they started. you know who you are.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
LOL @ sliq's edit

I didn't add that first part as a threat to anyone
Just a matter of fact

The hardest convict on the planet can be shot an killed by a seemingly harmless old lady
So to talk tough on the net with hardly any intent of backing it up accomplishes nothing for the person(s) doing it.

Maybe I should edit that out...

I have a feeling alot of ppl skipped over my post by misinterpreting the first lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom