• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament ~ EC vs WC June 30th - Largest Tournament in CDN history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Oh my god. Midnight to midnight? Is that a friggin joke?
Unfortunately it doesn't say anywhere how long it's gonna last. I've poked around a bit and haven't found any more information yet. I doubt they'll be out for 24 hours straight, but even if they aren't the traffic backlog will be pretty bad.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laguna beach! YES!!! <3 <3 <3

I NEED TO GET PICKED UP FROM THE PEARSON AIRPORT!

I arrive at 9:30pm on Friday June29th. Terminal 1. Flight: AC192

I am requesting housing for any amount of time... preferably more than 2 days at least >.>
Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing you all at the tournament =D
I can probably pick you up, and you can stay on the Friday.

I am trying to find somewhere else maybe for you to stay for the Saturday and maybe Sunday. Maybe with Chet and Pkm, if Marco is willing. We are talking right now. I just have a lot of people at my place already :S~

Unfortunately it doesn't say anywhere how long it's gonna last. I've poked around a bit and haven't found any more information yet. I doubt they'll be out for 24 hours straight, but even if they aren't the traffic backlog will be pretty bad.
Cameron! Can you help me with the brackets? You seem good at thems.

And I assume you are coming on the Saturday?

ALSO!
If you can bring any extension cords or power bars, please just bring them along with you. I have a some, but you just never know,

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Reggie bring street fighter anniversary collection or w/e .

someone else bring ps2+wires

someone else bring arcade sticks, or at least two controllers.

>_>.

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
So I'll come out of SSBM retirement for this event. After all, this event might even be almost as big as this thread. 70+ pages; why do Canadians always talk so much?

I'll bring a Cube, but I can't bring a TV unless someone wants to drive me. TV's and the TTC don't get along.

I've been completely out of the loop. I'll be a n00b again.

Ohh. And do I still have any friends? Anyone wanna double or crew up?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
my train is fubar'd so I either need to train in saturday morning or get al ift on saturday.

same for joel.

:/

Divinokage

Smash Legend
heh.. in your dreams maybe =P... your mime materia fails!

Well.. let us see what your 100g gravity training results are.. COME AND FIGHT ME!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I will be spending the 29th wandering Toronto alone, as my plane lands at 6:45 a.m.

If I don't show up at the tournament, it probably means I'm bleeding in a metropolitan gutter with a knife wound and an empty wallet. Please phone 1-403-869-3971 and I will attempt answer my phone, since it has always been my policy to answer my phone 24 hours a day and welcome calls from anyone at any time. :cool:

Then call an ambulance.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
you guys post like you're good at this game or something
*Looks at East Coast Power Rankings*
Yeah?

Also,

msn convo said:
~ Jarc says:
We are gonna be getting into Toronto at aroung 7~8PM tomorow
~ Jarc says:
and Kio only gets back at 11PM
~ Jarc says:
so can we chill with you for a bit or something?
JKH | says:
i wont be available
JKH | says:
but dont worry, im actually busy
JKH | says:
kinda like how everyone in montreal was busy when we came up there when we arrived at 6 45 am and had absolutely nothing to do for 5 hours
JKH | says:
i hope you guys figure it out
JKH | says:
we chilled in tim hortons for several hours
JKH | says:
i wish you luck
That was kinda *****'ish, but thanks? There's a difference between 6:45 AM and 7:00 PM, most people are actually awake at that time for one.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i'm accepting best of 5 money matches, games being:
SSF2T
SF3:3S
CVS2
SSBM
and the ace up my sleeve, DBZ: sparkling neo!
or just melty blood or something.

3/5 wins it and the money.

any takers?

edit:
I only have ps2/ps1 controllers, if you have a stick you're more then welcome to use it but no whining if not. all games are on my ps2 and pirated.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
*Looks at East Coast Power Rankings*
Yeah?

Also,

That was kinda *****'ish, but thanks? There's a difference between 6:45 AM and 7:00 PM, most people are actually awake at that time for one.
edit: lol ill just say to you jarc, that now montreal and toronto are almost even with regards to hospitality ^^

and talk to more than one person in toronto before you get offended. God forbid we have lives.

just hit up a bar <3 and when/where are you guys coming in? i have exam studying to do. buttt maybbee i could work something outt?

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
FF: lol alright. we just never worked out the details, as im sure you dont know how to get to my house etc. jake informed me you were getting in at 1130 or so, and would shortly after arrive at my house. thats all gravy, as long as you guys know your way around.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Looks like the 401/train blockade was up as of early this morning...if anyone was thinking of slipping by early today, don't try, you're gonna get stuck :(

Damax

Smash Lord
I was wondering, is there stuff on the first? liek a pseudo party in a parc with fire works for Canada day or something?

who's the dude I got a money match with already? how will I recognize you? link vs peach and link vs ganon right?

tMoC

Smash Apprentice
Looking over the first post again, I see there is a low tier event to happen Saturday. But I didn't see any registration for it on Lanowen's website.

Is there some other means to register for the low tier event that I'm unaware of, or do we register the day-of at the venue, or has the low-tier event been cancelled, or what?

And I'm still looking for someone to adopt me as a partner or crewmate.

D

Deleted member

Hey Jake, it's been a while. Do you know if anyone might be able to house me and 2-4 friends? We might be coming.
At this point, I have no idea. Had you asked a week or two before, then I might have been able to give you a definitive answer. As it stands now, I can't house you, I doubt Divine Knight can.

I don't want to sound pessimistic though.

Some emails to try

good _ looking _ feo (at) hotmail dot com

noahbradbury (at) hotmail dot com

captain _ bonanza (at) hotmail dot com

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looking over the first post again, I see there is a low tier event to happen Saturday. But I didn't see any registration for it on Lanowen's website.

Is there some other means to register for the low tier event that I'm unaware of, or do we register the day-of at the venue, or has the low-tier event been cancelled, or what?

And I'm still looking for someone to adopt me as a partner or crewmate.
Just register at the tournament. Probably going to be $5 or $10, most likely $5.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
mario moonshine, since COK isn't coming because they gave us a lame passport john ((which doesn't even make any sense), there might be a chance for you to stay at Marco's, considering that you'd have to bring sleeping bags. I will ask him when he wakes up and stuff, and post again. Housing for how many peopl?^

Reggie bring street fighter anniversary collection or w/e
LOL, I was at work when you posted that, I left at 00:05, got at H-B at 1am, and was on my way for T.O. at 1:40 am. So yeah, you should have asked me earlier. =/
you guys post like you're good at this game or something
I lolled. pwnage
Looks like the 401/train blockade was up as of early this morning...if anyone was thinking of slipping by early today, don't try, you're gonna get stuck :(
Well it's a good 1h30 extra. HAVE FUNZ!

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Ok, I know it's kinda last minute, but it seems like I can probably house a **** load of people. Only problem is, it's likely I won't be at the tourney on sat., so anyone who wants housing will have to find there way to my house without me. It shouldn't really be a problem, just leave with Jake and he'll tell you where I live (like a block from his place). Anyone who's interested can add me on msn: noahbradbury (at) hotmail.com

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Okay well Im not coming tommorow but I'm coming the next day. Tommorow im gonna check my DVD quality when its all said and done on youtube. (can't do it at my house). If it doesn't look like complete *** when ripped to youtube, I'm going to bring my VCR with tape(s). So yeah if some people want some matches recored just find me. It might take awhile before I get them on youtube though. I only have 1 disc though which is only like 1-1 and a half hours, so yeah.

And I would rather record something like a money match best of three then some random freindlies.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
So, what's the deal with food for both of the days? Are we just supposed to bring our own stuff, or are we able to buy stuff somewhere?

And I also take it that the prices on the first page are still standing. But, does the Low Tier cost any extra money?

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Food : We will be selling pizza and drinks and stuff for pretty cheap (no profit), and I think the are some stores/places around somewhere.

@ Lowtier : Yeah, look a few posts back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom