• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutorial: Editing Vertices! ~Gallery Updated (2/8/10)~

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
edit: okay awsome BigSharkZ is teaching me how to do this so i should have a video up by tonight.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Blah I just found out my friends are cmoing to visit me tonight, so i'll do it tomrow as soon as i wake up. Unless BigSharkz stays up until like 10 pst then he can teach me then

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Right, so I make all my changes and perfectly follow every step exactly as you said, and the 1234 thing repeatedly tells me there's an error when there's no way there should be.

owned645

Smash Cadet
ummm... wheres the video?
i really want to be able to do this. and i can't seem to do it by reading your text. so i, and probably allot more people, would like the video soon please.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yeah video will be here soon, bigsharkz had interviews today D: if anyone who already knows how to do this wants to make a video thatd be cool too. Anyways I havnt forgotten about this I will make a video asap

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I feeeeel y'all should make someone from a DIFFERENT final fantasy game, like, oh I dunno, Squall or Zidane. Maybe even Tidus.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Can someone send me the link to Fortwaffles' Roy (with Issac hair) imsorry I just got on smashboards and Idk if its done or not if its not done then okay but anyways thats is an epic hack

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Can someone send me the link to Fortwaffles' Roy (with Issac hair) imsorry I just got on smashboards and Idk if its done or not if its not done then okay but anyways thats is an epic hack
Look at the second post in this thread, it has an improved version of that hack.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
yeah but I just really want the Issac Haired Roy, its the best, do you know where I can find it? (if its done)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
k, can ANYONE help me out here? i messaged both randomtbrush and fortwaffles and no replies :( bigsharkz gave me an even more confusing guide.could somebody add me on msn and explainthisto me step by step? i want tohelp other people but i cant if i dont know how.I haveseriously done this over 20 times

anyways im very frustraded heres my msn: tibia1618@hotmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated

owned645

Smash Cadet
Maybe someone could take many pictures of what they are doing. That might help too

pokelover980

Smash Ace
ummm... I think I'll wait till you can edit the model with 3ds max. anim8tor is just too primitive for me.
You can message the person who got it working (forgot who, someone earlier in this thread) to see if they can tell you how to get it working. I personally think Anim8or is okay, but 3ds Max would be better if I could get it to work in it.
k, can ANYONE help me out here? i messaged both randomtbrush and fortwaffles and no replies :( bigsharkz gave me an even more confusing guide.could somebody add me on msn and explainthisto me step by step? i want tohelp other people but i cant if i dont know how.I haveseriously done this over 20 times

anyways im very frustraded heres my msn: tibia1618@hotmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I'll help I guess. My MSN is NicklausDahl@comcast.net

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell me where the verttemp.obj is in brawlbox? I'm trying to edit Ike's sword blade, and when I open the vertice like is shown in the image, there is no notepad window open. Also, it will not let me export the vertice group. Sorry if this is fairly obvious, I'm a noob at this.

skoll

Smash Rookie
Sorry I didnt read the entire thread (i got an essay due so i cant be wasting that much time)

But if I'm getting this vertex editting right then it would be possible to widen Ike's sword to look like the buster blade, or to narrow it and make it look like a katana?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yes, though things harder than swords are more easily editable with visible faces, if someone makes a demonstration on how to do so...

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me where the verttemp.obj is in brawlbox? I'm trying to edit Ike's sword blade, and when I open the vertice like is shown in the image, there is no notepad window open. Also, it will not let me export the vertice group. Sorry if this is fairly obvious, I'm a noob at this.
verttemp.obj is not in the .pac file its in the download in the OP its a completely separate file, you have to open notepad ur self and go to verttemp.obj, but on page 4 or 5 there is a code made by Akar un? I think, that will do that part for you

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I edited Luigi's Real Top hair just to test this, and i dont know where the Offset for it is in his MDL0. i've tried searching and nothing.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok Seriously. I need help!! When i try to put the edited test.bin into 1234 to 4321.exe, i get an error message saying it cant read the file. Even when i exit everything out!

owned645

Smash Cadet
There are too many problems. Where is the **** video!? We all could use some help here.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
There are too many problems. Where is the **** video!? We all could use some help here.
Well, I was helping StarWaffle with the process of editing the vertices, but I had to leave and I really haven't helped since. I forgot completely about helping him finish D:

owned645

Smash Cadet
well thats just peachy.

and i would like to make a reques i saw in this thread. or somewhere like here.

it was captain falcon with a cape. I would really like that

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
captain falcon with a cape is not done with vertex editing, it is with brawlbox, which they have already done with viewtiful joe falcon (SEE BRAWLBOX CREATION THREAD, NOT HERE)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey please help. Hey when i paste what's in my out.bin to MDL0, i find the offset, yet, when i paste it it mess's it up. when i paste, do overwrite paste, or insert paste?

owned645

Smash Cadet
Thanks MeleeMaster! That opened me up to allot of new stuff.

And I have another request. Could someone point me towards the request area?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
there is no requests section for editing verticies, as this technique is fairly un-used, being very recently made, and difficult to accomplish

owned645

Smash Cadet
I feel bad about spamming this thread but I need some help.
Everything was going swimmingly till I got to editing the vertices. When I try to move one, it wont seem to move. And is there any way to get sheiks body to look more 3d?

Here is a picture of where I am.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
1. use arrow keys if your going to use anim8tor

2. as for "get sheiks body to look more 3d?", welcome to the club

luigiman1928

Smash Ace

"Objest Refference not set to an instance of an object" Is what i get when i import it. And it messes up the next file real bad. Maybe it doesnt work with Final destanation?

Top Bottom