• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TYM VI! Results (July 18th, 2009)

jokey665

Smash Ace
Hmm...I'm thinking NE Ohio should get a crew started. We have the players to do it.

What do you say?

We have:

ITT
Me
BBoy
Argent
King Yoshi
Omni (don't let his simple style with Pikachu fool you, he reads people like books)
Falco400

And I know there's more...

C'mon guys, let's get this thing together to spike up the crew battle competition around here! :)
Ooooooooooor you could all join the God Pies!!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
@Bead: We do not need a crew name that is a spoof of a crew name that is a spoof of another crew name... :p

@KB: Good luck with that... I tried starting a crew a couple times... :/

Bead

Smash Ace
nope, god pies stink, KB add me in there, ive actually been really active (besides this weekend due to stupid crap) i play with argent every week and usually ITT to

Bead

Smash Ace
We could be the NEOH Matrix's or like i dunno, this is NEOH so like everybody have a name from the Matrix. I mean there is enough to do it, and then like we could have our own ship (Argents car) and that could be the Nebuchadnezzar

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
We just need a good name for a crew. Screw anything with NEOH in the name, it's too constricting. Also, my car would totally be the nebecunezzer cause I've put like 9k miles on it since february goin to brawl tourneys.

Bead

Smash Ace
Also, we need a black guy for morphus is bead wants to do that!
*cough King Yoshi*

ITT could be Mouse (the skinny guy that Neo first sees when he wakes up)
Argent be Dozer (Pilot of the Nebuchadnezzar) Sorry ITT but his car is more spunkier then urs and he does seem to drive everywhere for ppl
King Beef could be Trinity
Yet to think of the others but ya we would all make up The Matrix
Nobody would be Neo cuz we all make up NEOH

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Also, my car would totally be the nebecunezzer cause I've put like 9k miles on it since february goin to brawl tourneys.
How many miles does your car have, ITT? /tiredjoke

I like how the results thread has been hijacked in order to form the new northeast Ohio crew... :laugh:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shoutouts!

Avion - You used Meta Knight against me :( For having a character that has a strong advantage against the spacies I seem to never ever get the matchup in tournament. Really silly SD at the end on Rainbow.

BYAA! - Fun games! Nice placement.

Jiffy - Pirate Ship is such a silly stage XD Fun games, cool Ness. It was really funny watching you survive to absurd percents against other people in pools.

P - Nice playing you. If you're not gonna stick to a character then just go Random and keep 'em guessing!

BBoy - Good games, really close endings to both of them. Watching them, though, I notice that they both ended in almost the exact same way, lol. (Up+B out of shield toward the left from the middle of the stage)

Jokey - Sorry for hitting you with the most bull**** tippers ever.

DeaD - Good games, fun matchup. I'll get you next time.... if I ever go to Ohio again.

L - Why Meta Knight?

Falco400 - *gets up into charged DK fsmash* ".....I'm smart." lolzz

Tyr - AWESOME first game, I never thought the attack to win it would be a Lucas nair for outright KO. You definitely stepped things up against me. Fun teaming with you too.

Shugo - Nice to finally meet you. We gotta play sometime! Congrats on winning both Brawl events.

DippnDots - Thanks for the ride that made all this possible for me.

Everyone else - Good ****. Thanks for all the compliments about my Sheik, though IMO clearly not high-level yet.

M@v

Subarashii!
We just need a good name for a crew. Screw anything with NEOH in the name, it's too constricting. Also, my car would totally be the nebecunezzer cause I've put like 9k miles on it since february goin to brawl tourneys.
*whistles* ......your in a crew...

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
That's pretty good for an MSPaint job, but I think we should discuss this a little more before we start handing out sigs...

I wish you could have gone, Bead... You might have been able to make it out of pools... I really wanna see how your Wolf stacks up against the field too...

TheKiest

Smash Champion
The top God Pies had it rough.... oh wait... didn't they place second in Doubles?

Also without the God Pies, Shugo wouldn't have been there!

But yes, we do have to step it up. I almost tied with POPS.... jeez.

Also all of you guys in NEOH (or whatever crew name you come with that won't be as cool as God Pies)

Go to School.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I work more hours than the amount of time you breathe. School will come, income comes first.

And guys, how about the "C-land" crew (abbreviated Cleveland), just like how the Melee players in Columbus call themselves C-bus. If you don't like the idea then no big deal, we can keep brainstorming.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
The top God Pies had it rough.... oh wait... didn't they place second in Doubles?
They got past Bboy and I by not playing us... :p

We should come up with something original for our crew name... There's already a crew that got their name idea from another crew... I'll try to think of something, but all I usually come up with are word games (that's kinda how I ended up with the name ArgentStew)... For example, I named my old crew K-OH, which is pronounced like KO but stands for Kent, Ohio... I also thought about the NEOH/Neo idea a while back... Perhaps we could take that in a different direction?

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
1 Shugo - Good **** winning both singles and doubless!

2 Blue Rogue - Nice work in singles

3 SciFiGuy - Nice metaknight, wouldnt let me back on the stage whenever he hit me off

4 ArgentStew - GS in singles and teams with me u got 4th in both singles and doubs, also both :p im good against lucarios if i stay patient enough

5 Beegs - Yeh you need to use marth against me moar good **** bro

5 BYAA! Nice work... fun pools matches and friendlies

7 Champ - Good seeing you dude and fun matches I wish the first match was closer, i wasnt "in the zone" :p

9 King Beef - Good work in doubs and singles.. yeh we live so close you need to comeover 1 time so my parents meet you then i can play at ur place and **** ill message you

9 Ankoku - Nice Marth, good pools matches

9 DeaD - Good job, havent seen you in awhile

9 BBoy - yeayuhhzz 9th baby best diddy1!!!!

13 ithrowthings - Good job, 3 is in your placing and great tourney!

13 Falco400 - good matches in doubs and good seeing ya

13 Suyon - good seeing you again

13 POPS - Fun falcon dittos!

17 Jokey - Get mine and POPS matches on youtube pl0x?

17 Kiest - Good seeing you again

17 L - Nice matches

17 1der - good seeing you again

17 Silhouette- good seeing you again

17 Framerate- good seeing you again, we gotta do melee teams somedayy

17 Wakka- good seeing you again, rep that diddy kong!!

25 SmashGlov- good seeing you again

25 xtacyfalco- good seeing you again, we'll team next time bro i didnt even know you were coming

25 Jiffy - fun matches dude nice ness, sorry i used meta it was delfino

33 fromundaman - fun doubs match that first round surprised me cuz i SD'ed a million times, i did that too much in doubles :S

33 Avion - fun pool matches

41 Sole- get out of pools next time, thanks for driving

49 Crum - get out of pools next time rofl

49 Cheez fun doubles amtches the first round scared me!

wakka444

Smash Ace
I Got A Shockcollar For My Rottweiler!!!!!!!

1 Shugo-ggs in dubs and singles and grats on first, you re one cool guy haha

2 Blue Rogue-ill team with you any day haha we just needed some better teamwork and coordination and good friendles =D

3 SciFiGuy-nice seeing you grats on 3rd

4 ArgentStew-good **** argent haha just dont get cocky everyones gonna keep getting better dont take it easy=p

5 Beegs-I GOT A CHOKECHAIIIINNNNN FOR MY PITBULLLL MAAAANNNE

7 Tyr-nice seeing you and chatting good **** with lucas as always

7 Champ-hahahahha youre bad

9 King Beef-ggs man im still amazed by the **** you do with peach haha

9 Ankoku-nice seeing you haha

9 BBoy-diiddddy please

13 ithrowthings-nice seeing you always good tournament!! 13 again mmmmmm>.>

13 POPS-lol ggs wario is so hard!!!=(

17 Kiest-YEAHUUZZZ keister with the mad skills god pies represent!

17 1der-good **** in melee haha

17 Silhouette-TORNADO!!!!!lol owned

17 Framerate-PUFFFFFFF my tromBONER brother forever

17 Wakka-three way tie for 1st seed and you got 3rd...again **** you suck haha

25 GigabowserXyZ-BOOZER!!!!

nice hanging out with everyone NEOH should go to more tourneys you guys definitely have some great talent to add to the midwest!!

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I think the NEOH crew should be called "ITT's Technical Institute of Awesome"

POPS_44

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I had it rough for singles, playing characters that counter my own was pretty tough. I know now that I am able to play as any character at any moment in the tournament, not just wario...

Other than that, GG's to everyone.

...At least I have this lucky hat for next week!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Here's my ideas for the northeast Ohio crew:

Going off the Cleveland theme, the Legends of Rock and Brawl... Word games are what I like to work with... This has some potential...

Another Cleveland theme idea would be to play off of "Mistake by the Lake" for individual titles... For example, Beegs could be "Snake by the Lake" since he plays Snake... There's plenty of words that could go here...

Another suggestion is to go with a name that starts with NEO... Here's a link with a list of them...

Hence

Smash Ace
Surprise vacation. Lol.

I'm pretty out of practice from playing too much Melee, anyway. Right now I'm trying to make it to Pool Pools, but OUGA's Back to School is a bit closer so iunno. ;<

Bead

Smash Ace
What about the Neoplastic. We could all be uber forms of barbie
Beegs could be Malibu Marth
Itt= G.I.ITT
Argent= Lead Based Acryllic Argent

soap

Smash Hero
this was a fun tourney:

beegs - u nub, u gotta play some melee with me, i went all marth in bracket for you baby. It needs some fine tuning, but it was feeling pretty sexy.

impp - our fox dittos are the business. this was like the first tourney we didn't play in bracket. congrats on 2nd. U got that spacing down. Your style works real well against aggresive play. but patient people like 4% that play patient and shoot you, u gotta play more of a rushdown and trapping game instead of defensive spacing cuz every time they get away thats 5-10 laser damage. Ill watch the vids later and see what else i got for you.

steve - good ****, u finally beat me lol. I wasnt character sandbagging or nothing i was marth the entire bracket and my sheik wasnt ready. Marth falco is so hard for me, u'll have to beat that sheik next time. But on the real u and matt are pretty legit now, we gotta play more when im up there.

1der - finally played you. your fox is so brutal on falco. What city r u from? Im always looking for fresh melee people to play when im in c-town.

dippn - i owe u 5

canal fulton - u guys r my boys.

dude i stomped through the platform and falcon punched - get *****

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
You deserve it, Earth Swords Man... Once again, you pulled an Altrox... Funny how Beegs keeps showing up though... :p

4% APR

Smash Champion
this was a fun tourney:

beegs - u nub, u gotta play some melee with me, i went all marth in bracket for you baby. It needs some fine tuning, but it was feeling pretty sexy.

impp - our fox dittos are the business. this was like the first tourney we didn't play in bracket. congrats on 2nd. U got that spacing down. Your style works real well against aggresive play. but patient people like 4% that play patient and shoot you, u gotta play more of a rushdown and trapping game instead of defensive spacing cuz every time they get away thats 5-10 laser damage. Ill watch the vids later and see what else i got for you.

steve - good ****, u finally beat me lol. I wasnt character sandbagging or nothing i was marth the entire bracket and my sheik wasnt ready. Marth falco is so hard for me, u'll have to beat that sheik next time. But on the real u and matt are pretty legit now, we gotta play more when im up there.

1der - finally played you. your fox is so brutal on falco. What city r u from? Im always looking for fresh melee people to play when im in c-town.

dippn - i owe u 5

canal fulton - u guys r my boys.

dude i stomped through the platform and falcon punched - get *****

It was really really hard for me to play that patiently. It's way more natural for me to just run in there. I knew i'd just get kicked if i did though. And i really dont see what kind of rush down big Z has. She's so slow :(

1der is from toledo area

Top Bottom