• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Types of annoying Players - which annoys you most?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I hate the most "TIRES DUN EXITS"-scrubs, and, no matter how intelligent they may be, deny them even after explaining what tiers mean.

Then there's spammers and sore losers - latter especially in combination with the boasting kind. Very bad.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I pretty much fit into Dryn's description for defensive players, except for the one attack thing.

I guess my playstyle is a bit erratic and totally depends on whom I play. ;O

Smudge

Smash Lord
One type that annoys me is the type that has to commentate on everything in the match but makes his sound amazing and yours sound fluky.

Maybe that comes under the Boastful type though...

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Funny you made up the "Ridiculously calm type" cos that describes the type of gamer I am, I try not to show emotion, I dont whine or anything, Ill throw a comment or a john like every once in a while but nothing much... I try not to be annoying though. :p

Im also the defensive type, but that's cos I main Snake, grenade counters and all that ****.. you cant play overly aggressive with him.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Really Angry Type (never encountered one before but you know, there’s a chance) – this type can generally be dangerous in real life as they may give off some sort of killer aura, this type are really sadistic and may attack you after losing to blow off steam, this cycle will repeat to the next player.
This is my brother :(

He takes friendlies so seriously yet I win when I'm playing in the friendly mentality, he doesn't try above the friendly mentality however he takes friendlies seriously. Honestly, if I **** him, there a 30% chance he'll punch the **** out of me.

Geist

Smash Master
Boastful Type (AKA Kiddie's Group) – this type are generally kids (>12 mostly) they boast how they are really skilled and are better than anyone in the world (or along the same lines)
I heard someone actually say that they were the best player in the world when I was at a gamestop. He was about 12. So, without resisting the urge to completely humiliate him, I walked up, grabbed a controller, and used his face to clean the floors. Afterwards, he tried to convince me he wasn't trying, so I simply said "that's adorable" and walked away.

By the way, I've hit people that were like this. I wish I was lying.

Ridiculously Calm Type (WARNING: this type is mostly made up by me) – for some reason this type tends to be calm and having lost a match, their expression may not change.
Wow. You'd probably hate me. Considering I take a loss better than I take a win, you'd probably want to slap me.
Oh well. I'll continue being indifferent. In fact, I don't even care right now.

By the way, I didn't think I saw anything about a player who just has absolutely no idea what they're doing. They don't necessarily have to be an ******* or anything, but for some reason it just really makes me mad when someone has no idea what the hell is going on.

I also get annoyed by people who wait for you to chose a character, just so they can pick a counter. I know I'm not alone on this one. People who spam metaknight suck too.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I hate the type of Pit that Spams his little arrows over and over again, before running to the hardest place to reach on Temple or New Pork, before doing his little 'Your not ready yet' taunt, then shooting you some more....

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate the type of Pit that Spams his little arrows over and over again, before running to the hardest place to reach on Temple or New Pork, before doing his little 'Your not ready yet' taunt, then shooting you some more....
We hate you too... :(

:pit:

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Wow. You'd probably hate me. Considering I take a loss better than I take a win, you'd probably want to slap me.
Oh well. I'll continue being indifferent. In fact, I don't even care right now.
no i'm not that sadistic...on First person shooters, yes. since i can just knife them loads or shoot them repeatedly in the face with the sniper rifle.

mwhaha, another, but i'll need a bit of info regarding the "Character Counter Pick"
I also get annoyed by people who wait for you to chose a character, just so they can pick a counter. I know I'm not alone on this one.

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
LMAO, that actually sounds hilarious. Heck, I'd have fun doing it!

I happen to think Pit's voice is really funny, haha. The fight is on!

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
LMAO, that actually sounds hilarious. Heck, I'd have fun doing it!

I happen to think Pit's voice is really funny, haha. The fight is on!
It is funny. :laugh: Jeet Kune Do, eh? Do you take it or are you just a big Bruce Lee fan?

Edit: FireKirby7, that sig is great.

Geist

Smash Master
no i'm not that sadistic...on First person shooters, yes. since i can just knife them loads or shoot them repeatedly in the face with the sniper rifle.
lol but most shooters are online, doesn't that make seeing their faces irrelevant? xD

mwhaha, another, but i'll need a bit of info regarding the "Character Counter Pick"
Well for instance, you're at the character selection screen in a tourney match, or maybe even in a casual friendly match. Your opponent kinda waves his token around on screen or just sits there while you choose a character. When you finally do, he quickly chooses your character's counter, or conciously picks a character he knows you do bad against. This is annoying as hell, because it gives off vibes that your opponent is a coward, and that will only face you under the circumstance that he has an advantage in, regardless of who you play. I don't know matchups to an amazing extent, so at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I won't go into depth with examples.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Most definitely the taunt type. These tow people online were playing as Snake and ZSS, and kept running away to crawl towards each other, face-to-face, as if they wer kissing. And the two Toon Links just using their taunts over and over again stupidly...ugh!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well for instance, you're at the character selection screen in a tourney match, or maybe even in a casual friendly match. Your opponent kinda waves his token around on screen or just sits there while you choose a character. When you finally do, he quickly chooses your character's counter, or conciously picks a character he knows you do bad against. This is annoying as hell, because it gives off vibes that your opponent is a coward, and that will only face you under the circumstance that he has an advantage in, regardless of who you play. I don't know matchups to an amazing extent, so at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I won't go into depth with examples.
Cowards win.

Request double blind.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
What about the noob? They're not exactly annoying but stupid sometimes. It's really annoying trying to constantly explain to my friend's brother how to recover and use an attack other than f-tilt. Then, he learned how to spam attacks with the C-stick. He said recovering is for losers. I still don't think he knows how to recover. Then again, he's only five. :p

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure really, why can't they wait at the "Presss Start" screen and wait till the tutorial loads explaining stuff. They aren't necessarily annoying, but sometimes you think "what is the point playing him/her" and you are partly forced to cause they want to have fun, but then they become 1 of the annoying types e.g. Runner.
So i probably think Noob/n00b/Newb/n3w8 (whichever you put it) is more or less the Base before they become the annoying type, or a normal player.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'd probably have to choose between the spammer and the commentator. The spammer is just flat-out annoying. The commentator is just flat-out rude and disruptive. Especially in tournament settings. There is nothing more annoying than someone looking over your shoulder and asking you how to perform a specific move during a competitive match.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Online wifi people playing with items annoys me most... I always throw items off the edge, and when somebody gets a kill with an item it just pisses me off to no end. I just wanna yell at them through the TV, "SO YOU REALLY SUCK ENOUGH TO NEED TO USE ITEMS???"

but other than that the defensive runner and constant counter types.

Spazz_Man

Smash Rookie
I didn't have time to read through all the types, just the titles of them, but maybe there should be an opportunist type. I know a friend that has a combo tactic of randomly running and hitting in FFA, and then using Falcon Punch to anyone who is over 80% DMG. Basically the opportunist is a bit like the targeting player in the sense that they only go for high DMG characters for the insta-kill.

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
i am a defensive runner some times and i admit they i mean i can be very anoying because i run then counter thier move it is anoying.

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
i agree spamers like with pit or any other character beacause the most spammed moves a seeped moves like pits arrow or his circle blades.

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
i also do not like people who when you die taunt you when you die or are stunned or when you acidentaly fall offf the eged thanks.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I comment, but only when recording.
It's just fun to talk about the game.

I don't really make comments on what's happening, but moreso just jokes.
Like making fun of characters voices (including the ones I use).
Every time I die, I laugh hysterically.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
I only dislike playing sore losers, assh0les, or easily pissed-off players (kinda like AGK). Ones who shout johns, be all "in your face" about everything, or develop animosity toward me if I gimp, cheese, or ridicule him/her in a match.

If they aren't the above, I don't give a dam if they spam, taunt, eff around, shout in excitement, tea bag, suicide, run away, or dodge a lot. We'll be playing for the lulz, which is alright in my book.

Play for the lulz people, don't be a douchebag.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but doesn't the personalities normally resemble their playstyle?
my friend's cousin (Runner Defensive) has fear of me and tries to keep away from me cause I myself am partly the Targetting type since if he plays, he runs and I'm aiming for him In Brawl and real life.
Boastful type also, a friend boasted how he was never beaten online, and he boasts a bit in RL, and I proved him wrong =/

Nicole

Smash Champion
spammers and complainers annoy me the most. though i do have a tendency to complain sometimes, whoops!

Top Bottom