• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair-footstool-QAL potential death combo (video pending)

Vayseth

Smash Master

Vayseth

Smash Master
Now that I've seen the videos, I know what must be said here:

It's great information for Pikachu players who need disparately better ways to kill. Pikachu has a hard time doing that effectively.

However, Japan has stupid combos like this all the time. If you've seen Kel's trick videos, they have stuff like this that people do use in tournament. An MK player on a Snake player used some stupid uair, dair, uair, dair, footstool, nair, d tilt lock into F Smash IN TOURNAMENT but the chances of that working on a Snake every time are slim to none because it's so situational (percent matters, and MK has to be practically inside Snake for it to work, so MK should be able to just be swatted away by one of his tilts before MK EVER gets near that range).

Pikachu has to be at POINT BLANK range, and BACKWARDS, for this to work, and that's not even considering the Pikachu player has to guess right at least twice (where they are going to DI out of the uair, and after the footstool) to connect all the hits.

This is a great discovery, but it's going to be impossible to implement regularly. You'll get lucky kills with it for sure.

gallax

Smash Hero
people said the same thing about the cg on MK and the others. we still get it. but you are right. it will be a little tough to pull off.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It is still easy to set up. If you attack the back of my shield OR eat a FF fair with me landing behind you, you get hit in this. I don't think you people realize how many times in a game pikachu's do this.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Like I said, it'll be a great tool for Pika players. But saying it's an infinite is a bold statement that simply cannot be backed up.

gallax

Smash Hero
i already said i do the ff fair behind at least 4-5 times consistently in a match and agree with you esam. but it isnt an infinite. its a new combo.

Anther

Smash Champion
People get offended when people claim things XD.

pika's practically always facing his enemy backwards, no johns people.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
and if you are sheilding from an approach, they may try to land behind you with an attack thinking they are safe. OOS uair will assure them that they are indeed not safe

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
And hell, your game doesn't have to revolve around it, but a constant threat makes the opponents play a little safer and may not let them do the things that would normally give them the advantage.

cheetacuz007

Smash Apprentice
doesnt seem like it would work in a competitive situation
backwards uairs from behind the opponent would be easy to evade
i wouldnt get too worked up about it

Vayseth

Smash Master
I meant no offense, I just wanted to explain so people don't freak out.

Infinites usually lead to panic in the brawl community, because people are stupid. I'm just the voice of reason showing this isn't game-breaking. If anything, it'll make the game more competitive. We're seeing more and more characters step up to MK's rank in the game. MK isn't going any higher, but other characters are catching up fast.

What I'm trying to say is, contrary to popular belief, stuff like this is a GOOD thing. Great find man. I really didn't mean to dampen your discovery.

IxxI

Smash Fence
The combo can start at any percent above what they stated for each character?
That's relatively easy then.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Basically, you can do it for around 30-40% after those %s, but you may need to fullhop or something.

Anther

Smash Champion
Guys, it's a jab lock combo, you can smash DI away from it as a mix-up. It's like a melee chaingrab practically but 1% damage each iteration, it's been talked about by esam since like the game's come out and it's probably been pulled off twice, ctf down.

Like pika's dominant anyway =p.

edit: what vayvay said. XD

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'd like to have this setup used on me sometime just to see how effective it is.

Gallax should you should totally bust this out next smashfest. Hopefully it's not like that sheik fiasco.

gallax

Smash Hero
I'd like to have this setup used on me sometime just to see how effective it is.

Gallax should you should totally bust this out next smashfest. Hopefully it's not like that sheik fiasco.
im pulling it off on tony first. then when you land behind me with wario, uair>footstool.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I really really really really doubt that SDI doesn't let you escape this like every other footstool combo that has ever been "discovered".

If SDI doesn't kill this combo, it's still not a big deal. I don't see this as being an easy setup in any way ever, since it doesn't start with a grab or other easily positioned maneuver.

Not ragging on ESAM, you do great work man. Just stating my thoughts.

Anyway, I doubt that this is anything to worry about whatsoever.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't see this as being an easy setup in any way ever, since it doesn't start with a grab or other easily positioned maneuver.
....Like we've said a million times, uairs are pretty easy to set up with Pika. Or even just to land by themselves. We have madd combos and strings that lead into uair, or we can do it out of shield.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
....Like we've said a million times, uairs are pretty easy to set up with Pika. Or even just to land by themselves. We have madd combos and strings that lead into uair, or we can do it out of shield.
I dunno man. I know that the U-Air is really good-- I play a Pikachu pretty regularly, he's not super duper good but he is competitive play savvy and I just don't see this being a super huge problem in any way. I mean, the U-Air is a great move but it's not a grab and it still requires positioning out the *** for this setup to work. I doubt this will be anything of consequence.

I could be totally wrong though, time will tell.

Infinites usually lead to panic in the brawl community, because people are stupid. I'm just the voice of reason showing this isn't game-breaking. If anything, it'll make the game more competitive. We're seeing more and more characters step up to MK's rank in the game. MK isn't going any higher, but other characters are catching up fast.

What I'm trying to say is, contrary to popular belief, stuff like this is a GOOD thing. Great find man. I really didn't mean to dampen your discovery.
I <3 you Vayseth. I totally agree with everything here.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lol@ the first page(only have read the first page). Non-pikachus that doubt it should gtfo before they speak. Good **** Prime, stop letting ESAM make the threads for your techs though.

I do hope this ends up being affected by DI though. Tech>Skill has go to stop taking this game over.

This is far from game-breaking though and people should stop overreacting.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well it was just a thought in BOTH of our minds kenny, and i'm the one that actually tested it.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Prime thought of it, introduced, and was the first to do it is all I'm saying.

But good job on doing further testing on the rest of the cast.

Top Bottom