• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB: Another melee tournament, are we cool yet... BEING STREAMED!!!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
apparently 3 cars of norcal are going to go

and i have my controller back

yesterday did a lot to inspire me

i'm gonna do my best to go

even when the opportunity cost may be astronomical

i take this game & community over money and women

arian fathieh can i carpool with you? :)

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Might want to bump back the start time to 12pm instead of 1pm since so many people will be showing up. Just a suggestion.

Also: Still looking for a ride D:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so im looking for a ride to this! haven't played norcal ever before! sung from ur post i take it i can go with u? also if vincent and a rookie want to come im pretty sure vincent will be willing to get to my place first (and pick up a rookie).

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
ok some important notes (probly more later on)

1. got rid of stages, rather not risk that be the reason ppl dont come

2. Ive decided that payment for the tournament will be required BEFORE entering the venue. This will save time and prevent any1 from deciding last minute whether they should enter single/doubles. There will be singles pools and it will be a lot faster to make and run them if i have all the names as quickly as possible.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey thanks unknown for the rule and venue change, they sound pretty sweet! :)

edit: hey norcal who from yall is planning on coming to this? im curious

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
yeah i'm going again

i am desperate to experience/see norcal again

it might be my last tournament though

*** i'm so emo sometimes

baka4moé

Smash Champion
no team with me lucky im a pretty good teammate give u support

oh oh maybe i could team with someone from norcal? thatd be cool too

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
No lucky team with me! (joining in)

EDIT: Lucky if you're going, can you maybe give me a ride too? I can pay for gas and I'm kind of on the way for you if you still live in Norwalk!

joeplicate

Smash Master
ima be rolling down with sheridan :D

sup wit it socal!!!
i'm gonna try to be in practice for this

to all my lovers i gotta see you guys
brendan adam oscar johnny weston matt
STEVEN
somebody tell steven to get his *** to this tournament!
really wanna see colin "riptide" mitchell as well, hopefully he can make it out and isn't busy

tentative plan is to come down friday night, hang out, then stay/do something sunday
beach day?!???! frisbee? lizard's mouth????!!?

i realized the other day that like 2/3 of the people i know and interact with on a daily basis i know because of smash. it's not really worth dropping just do be rid of it. even if i'm hecka rusty (don't think i am) i'm super excited to play again. really wanna play the new-and-improved crop of socal players, and get my *** handed to me by oscar/johnny/wes/fly/joey. i'll bring da fiyah tho

sup wit it br0s

unknownPresence

Smash Ace

sup wit it socal!!!

STEVEN
really wanna see colin "riptide" mitchell as well, hopefully he can make it out and isn't busy

tentative plan is to come down friday night, hang out, then stay/do something sunday

i realized the other day that like 2/3 of the people i know and interact with on a daily basis i know because of smash. it's not really worth dropping just do be rid of it. even if i'm hecka rusty (don't think i am) i'm super excited to play again. really wanna play the new-and-improved crop of socal players, and get my *** handed to me by oscar/johnny/wes/fly/joey. i'll bring da fiyah tho

sup wit it br0s

JJJJOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE i still remember all the little tricks i learned from u at the oxnard rambats

omg now i rlly hope i can make it to this

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master

sup wit it socal!!!

STEVEN

sup wit it br0s
JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm super 100% down for hitting up the beach. Was going to at the last SB tournament but the weather was ****ing terrible so this time I'm super amped!

been a trillion years since I played you (bring dave if you can!! haha)

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
nah lucky u should team with me
agreed

Yo lucky if you're coming to this we should totally team. I know I'm a scrub but I actually **** in teams. I can definitely carry my own weight.
god you're a noob. unwritten rule is never to ask to team for people out of your league. it just ensures they won't team with you.

and you def cannot carry your own weight.

sniper i'm down to team

i realized the other day that like 2/3 of the people i know and interact with on a daily basis i know because of smash. it's not really worth dropping just do be rid of it.
no offense but that sounds like specious reasoning

i'll be happy to see you LDO

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Adam this is not some playground. What gives you the right to lay out these "rules"and answer for someone else. Clearly you weren't addressed. I hope I don't hear these outburst at the tournament. You are not entitled anything at the tournament. Even if it is for the community, there is not need to make it a rotten time for anyone just to gain some short of agency.

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i wasnt planning on it (i hope my car isnt either lol) cuz i have work fri night and have midterms-ish still

Top Bottom