• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB: Another melee tournament, are we cool yet... BEING STREAMED!!!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
i also need ur phone # arian

im willing to house friday night.
Sweeeeet! That makes things super simple I'll PM you my cell number. :)

So my car is 100% me, adam, wes, and stab now. Stab & adam, lets meet up at Occi @ ~7 pm. We'll just pick up wes on the way since hes only 5 mins away.

(@Judgment Dragon: sorry I havent responded to you yet. You wrote me a god damn essay on facebook lol. I'll read it over when I get home from work. The general jist I got is I should call you and joe when we head to SB and figure it out based on how early/late Norcal gets there?

We should be in SB before 9:30..)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hugq, if you do come wanna MM?

actually this is open to anyone non ranked from socal/norcal. please reply if you do!

and stab too if you want to give me the same odds as last time lol
Regardless of the fact that I won, I look back at 15:1 odds for $1 as one of the dumbest things I've done lol

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'm kind of nervous about Huy's plan for housing. If things get messy I might be able to house a car from norcal. But I haven't been kept in the loop concerning housing.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
loooool 15:1?

i am confirmed for this. excited to see the socal peeps and meet the sb crew. adam/thecrimsonblur we must talk nba at this

also clayton if you are reading this-- come!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i will money match you cablecho but $5 only. i don't do that "omg i'm too scared to put something remotely significant on the line so let's go as little as possible because i have no confidence in winning" money matches. if $5 is too steep for your blood friendlies are fine, i never purposely sandbag. i usually just get up and leave when im bored/tired/dont feel like playing.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Norcal:
My car: Joe, Erick, Truman, Nicholas M Whittier
Boback's car: Alan, Dajuan, Julian, Bobby$

My car is prob gonna try to leave at 5 PM in order to house with Huy.
Boback's car is looking for local housing, otherwise they are gonna leave Norcal very early Sat morning.
My car is also seeking chill time on Sunday with the 805 cool kids et al, and I think Boback's is too, we'll see.

One question for the TOs: are you guys gonna have enough setups? 8+ is optimal.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I think we have 5 for sure here in SB, maybe 6

I don't know if there is an incentive or discount for bringing a setup tho (bc the venue is hella pricey)
But regardless, if its not too much trouble, please bring some. too many setups is never a bad thing!

CableCho57

Smash Lord
^venue is 5 dollars (but remember you get costco pizza, as much candy as you want on a first come first serve basis, and drinks). I might be able to bring another tv

adam: it'll depend how i'm feeling that day and what char youre gonna use, but more than likely i'll be down for $5 mm

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
I think we have 5 for sure here in SB, maybe 6

I don't know if there is an incentive or discount for bringing a setup tho (bc the venue is hella pricey)
But regardless, if its not too much trouble, please bring some. too many setups is never a bad thing!
lol Cho, I always give venue off or partially off SO BRING SET-UPS!!!

venue is 5$ and like cho said we will be giving free food (hopefully some healthy stuff but i doubt it unless cho has the hook ups)

and a full setup will either be full venue or the very least 3$ off

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Oh, nono guys, what I meant by that question was how much does the venue itself cost (To rent)? Since CableCho said it's really pricey.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
shoot my bad kevin! I thought because the separate room it was different this time.
And on a separate note, are you gonna put up posters again around campus?

btw thanks again for everything you've done/are doing for this tourney dood. We hella appreciate it.
Gosu 2.0!

Twinkles

Smash Lord
could anyone give me a ride or know someone who could give me a ride?
i want to go to a tournament at least once in my life lmao

BlackOTennis

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am your lord and master, the BlackOPenis. I'm a member of UCSB AS Tech, the overlords of the PC Gaming Master Race, the organization which has made this tournament possible for you folks. The venue is expensive, yes, however the fee you'll be paying will cover food, drinks, restroom privileges, and other incidentals (mixed drinks, puppy gift bags, and cocaine).

See you all there. =]

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
venue is 5$ and like cho said we will be giving free food (hopefully some healthy stuff but i doubt it unless cho has the hook ups)
adam if you come, i'll personally go to the food coop and get some organic fruits and almonds just for you

what kind of fruit do you like?
i like:

bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon (dah foo), apples, pears (soft and juicy like vagina). oranges, grapes are tolerable. if it's organic i like everything because the quality is significantly higher.

and a full setup will either be full venue or the very least 3$ off
how much for just a cube? or a cube and a power strip?

adam: it'll depend how i'm feeling that day and what char youre gonna use, but more than likely i'll be down for $5 mm
fox is my main, da only character in my arsenal

Is Scar not gonna come down and let it rock? D=
scar quit

that lean bull**** was terrible anyway

BlackOTennis

Smash Rookie
When does the venue open specifically, when will the first event (singles/doubles) start?
The venue itself doesn't even open for us to set stuff up until around noon. It all depends on if the building manager is there on time, early, etc.

So realistically, I think the earliest you could expect tournament play to start is sometime around 1.

^lmfao wtf lord black0penis LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Remember what I said about cocaine? *sniff*

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
When does the venue open specifically, when will the first event (singles/doubles) start?
Ok so venue opens at noon and doubles starts at 1
thats probly whatll happen but plz show up at 12 T_T

bc the last LAN went slow due to indecisiveness and ppl holding up the tourny im being stricter

1. Sign-ups are at the door, you aint gettin in till you've paid, so decide if u want to doubles or not b4 hand (knowing who ur partner is another thing tho, if u dont know just pay for urself and let me know asap)

2. I will DQ you if i hav no clue whats up with u

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
if we're doing pools for singles are we doing pools for teams?

since signups are at the door there's like a 1% chance i'm entering the tourny

but that doesn't mean i won't champion for equal rights

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
if we're doing pools for singles are we doing pools for teams?

since signups are at the door there's like a 1% chance i'm entering the tourny

but that doesn't mean i won't champion for equal rights
no pools for doubles, ppl take to long to decide if theyre teamin or who theyre teaming with, straight bracket to save time

also im charging venue even if u dont enter the toury (discounts still apply)

also cube will be like 1$ off (we shold have a good amound of strips alrdy)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
That's how far SB drives every time but yeah it's good to finish on time. Actually lol I don't think we have a choice. The venue closes up at around 11:30pm.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
wait what the heck?
my money's limited until school is over in two weeks. i have $40. gas is $8, venue is $5, busing it to and fro oxy is prob atl east $5. that's half my money already. and i'm going to the tourny on the 19th too.

i would normally enter teams but w/ no pools there's no way i'll be doing that. i'd like to finish the tourny by 8 so since i'm not doing singles i can help run the tourny and ensure we get out on time.

i'm worried we won't have setups because of so many out of regioners. santa barbara is really gonna have to step it up with setups because it's looking like 40 people here.

honestly i don't even think we should do singles pools. pools takes soooooooooo long. i don't see what's wrong with finishing the tourny early and everyone else playing friendlies/going out to eat/going home at their leisure. i hate how TOs feel the need to constantly have "tournament" running every second of the available venue time. it's so unnecessary.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
can we inact the mage's DQ rule?

with sheridan/you/myself we should be able to finish this super efficiently

Top Bottom