• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

VA

Smash Hero
No but I'd beat any of you if I played you lol. There are a handful of people in the UK who give me really interesting matches, the rest I beat. Somehow this upsets you, so ok I'll just forget it and beat you all 1v1, I'll just play a winner stays on and go for a four stock on everyone in your crew, then say, HA i beat your crew. Happy now?

VA

Smash Hero
Haha you made me do that at GGT2 :(

Remember when yeniths tried to spike me for the kill as ganon. Then I was like "you'll regret that", then came back from 3 stocks down or something. lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
No but I'd beat any of you if I played you lol. There are a handful of people in the UK who give me really interesting matches, the rest I beat. Somehow this upsets you, so ok I'll just forget it and beat you all 1v1, I'll just play a winner stays on and go for a four stock on everyone in your crew, then say, HA i beat your crew. Happy now?
oh my god!!!!!!! What an EGO. Tbh I'd rather play pros fox than yours cos it's just so much better.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Ok back on topic. As I'm sure you've all seen/will see Kone's topic for his international tourney is up. Hes left Easter free for us. The longer gap we can get between now and the tourney itself the more time we have to prepare/make people come. On the other hand I would rather not do it in the Easter holidays as I'm going home to work, as I'm sure Duncan and Calum are too (well the home part at least).

So yeah basically what is everyones thought on dates etc? Easter term starts on the 23rd so that weekend might be good if people have broken up by then. Also do you reckon it should be 1 or 2 days and brawl or melee or both.

If anyone wants feel free to chat to me on MSN about it but basically I want as much feedback as possible as fast as possible :)

My MSN is next_in_line@hotmail.co.uk

VA

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you should make your own thread abuot this because who knows how many people don't read this thread.

Kone

Smash Master
inertia - i have ****ty web msn and cant add people. Add me if you want help/tips on running a toureny. Also, wanted to add u the other day to talk about vacating the slot for u guys but couldnt ;_;/

Furthermore, for your first toureny think wisely regarding on taken to much on! :)

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
inertia - i have ****ty web msn and cant add people. Add me if you want help/tips on running a toureny. Also, wanted to add u the other day to talk about vacating the slot for u guys but couldnt ;_;/

Furthermore, for your first toureny think wisely regarding on taken to much on! :)
Yeah cheers I'm sure theres stuff that I'll run into as its my first time so I'll probably PM you then or something.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Bad people. *tuts*

I'm gonna say around 1 at my house tomorrow? That gives me time to sleep a lot after much birthday related shenanigans.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
I thought it said who gave you the infraction? Not that I'd know cos I'm a good boy ;)

Yeah 1 sounds good, I'm going to some kind of play in the morning which should be pretty gay.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm scared of nothing, I will show this by saying I love you Aiko :) and please don't ban me. If he still gives me an infraction though that has quite the bit of banner and just makes me more proud that I am with him in 'The Banter Kings'

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Why couldn't we record 2 matches earlier when I did that sick combo on your marth on battlefield. I can't even remember it though ;) I just remember it being you on not much percent being comboed into a shine you couldn't recover from :)

I'm seriously considering having my name as JohnnyV-The Phantom (Menace lol no)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Whilst I remember, I put up some more videos of JohnnyV (Fox still; what a dull player) and myself (as Jigglypuff):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWeC-kMy8I&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiylAcY9Hu8&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0gsRpFsBNc&feature=channel

and one of BBill and Calum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hardPUFm4Lc&feature=channel_page

I thought we'd recorded my amazing tech-chase rests, but apparently they weren't in the recorded matches :urg:
There's also a fox ditto between Bill and JohnnyV on my channel, but I can't be bothered finding the actual URL here :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You lot are doing OK since you lot just have just started off but you still need to step it up. If you had someone to practice with who was really good it would help alot and it doesn't seem like Bullet Bill will push you hard enough (no offence) but he still defintely will be a good hope but I am not sure if he would always give the right advice. During the matches I feel that you lot did not have the technical skill to really pull off any combos and in the falco dittos with Bullet Bill you dont really have the skill ATM to put pressure on your players with lasers and pillaring and comboing.
Once you lot have the technical skill all other aspects will fall into place and you will see alot more situation that you can take advantage of in your matches and see mindgames that you can pull off....so go off to your lil room and practice lol.
I feel you lot are willing AND going to improve though overtime so still post your vidoes up and keep on training. This is just me trying to help out btw aso no1 take this personally lol.

Aiko

Smash Champion
i actually agree with what p.pro says.

The falcos are only basic at best... need to step up the combos and tech stuff alot.

VA

Smash Hero
Eggz once told me the best way to train is to have someone really equal to your skill and someone way above you. I think you guys are getting good and have a chance of being properly good, just get more inventive with combos. The falco's were pretty basic, the more you start trying new things the more realise what actually works and from there you can hone down the necessary kills strategies. Learn to strip away options from your opponent and leave them with only one place to go with their recovery then dsmash them or w/e.

Keep up the good work.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You lot still need to step it up as you are still a bit below the UK standard.
Just practice yout tech skill cos it seems like you don't really have the ability to pull off anything good atm so whether or not you had the mindgames you would not be able to pull them off strongly.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i just didnt seem anything threatening or lured me in to watching the vids, it just seemed so dry personally.

You guys need to step it up, also watching vids will help you understand combos, situations and setups (i used to love wathcing forward's falco, and dashizwiz is a great treat to watch now cause his pressure is MAD)

Next time Im at a tourney/smashfest with jigglypuff players ask me for advice, you guys aren't spacing, comboing properly and resting at all with jiggz.

Ben you still don't seem to be doing as good as you should be considering how long you've been playing, not trying to demotivate you but you should know what your mistakes are. Nearly everytime you play me I'm sure you know what you're doing wrong, don't keep thinking single minded and thinking "im **** bla bla" work on your mistakes.. and stop sucking up to better players as if you're worthless ._. "Charles you're too good" I dont like hearing that

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
My channel with videos

Yeah ignore the CPU video. I know its not great stuff but we used the camera for the first matches rather than saving it.

Thanks for all the advice. Problem is I'm still trying to get basic stuff down and consistent so I avoid doing a lot of hard stuff even if I can do it. But yeah I'll keep practicing and in the end suck less hopefully ^^

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah it is constructive criticism. Remember how long you have playing the game for so don't expect to improve too fast. But seriously videos OF PROFESSIONALS will help so you can see some of the techniques they use in certain sitautions and certain combos. A few times when I was watching you I was getting annoyed cos there were clear opportunites to carry on combos lool and then you didn't carry on....BUT just take our advice and the first step I think you lot should take is practice your tech skill on training mode or just in vs mode (Not against a computer imo, just practice wavelands and stuff and shffls and work on your finger speed) OR watch vidoes of people. What ever orders easy but I think you need to do both.

Top Bottom