• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
lol lies. students dont have dishwashers >.>
Yeah lol I have the most unstudenty student house.

Ok Calum people now seem interested, its just I didn't get any response last time I mentioned running a tournament :( In that case what dates do we think would be good? And yes I'd be really annoyed with the amount of people if we couldn't sort out accomodation lol. I'm thinking maybe something like the first two weekends of March, 7th-8th and 14th-15th. I'll see if we can get something for two days cos we probably can't get overnight. The only problem is lecture theatres tend to get booked up.

So yeah to anyone who reads this what dates would you like? I obviously want to avoid being on top of another tournament as well.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I told you you guys were good :laugh:.

Ant you can stay at mine if you want as Pete has no carpet in his room and nowhere to sleep XD.

V.A. I'd like to have you over as well seeing as it's been ages since I've played you and I want to play your new and improved fox etc. Saying that Inert and possibly me as well could be coming to visit you if thats alright??

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah you can come visit me at for a day at some point if you like. Be ready for a 2v1 MM though because I'll be wanting that ^^

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
those dates in march sound good to me pete, lets ask at CG soc tomorrow how hard it would be to book that room for a whole weekend or something

VA

Smash Hero
yeah you're still the worst crew in the UK, but there aren't many crews if that's any consollation?

Aiko

Smash Champion
your crew and players, excluding ben, have been around for a few months at best, where as most players have been playing for at least a year, most around 2 years.

However, just because you're the worst crew, doesnt mean you aren't good or havent got potential. "Worst" is only a reference point to the other crews.

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
ZOMG

I live on the Isle of Wight.

I've never been to a tournament either, due to the lack of scene on the Island; I normally content myself with mediocre friends, siblings and Wi-Fi.

Keep me posted guys.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Super Aiko Cancelling!

Accidental repeat post
Super Aiko cancelling has massive banter.

Oh cool. Come over if you fancy a game your welcome to stay at mine if you fancy it. What games do you play? I'm guessing brawl, melee as well? We mainly play melee in Southampton tbh but we do play some brawl as well. Add me on MSN mnes next_in_line@hotmail.co.uk

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
Wow, fast reply.

I mainly play Brawl, but I've been getting in Melee a bit more recently too. *adds you*

(Your post was directed at me righT? I'd look like an idiot if it wasn't xD)

Kone

Smash Master
Guys ive read that your thinking of hosting a tournament? its generally respected in the community to give at least two months between tournaments to allow for maximum turnout. If you guys went for mid-march it would really impact the expected turnout of my own, saying as, people would have less than a month to plan/get money etc?

Its upto you but Id appreciate if you allowed me to sort out my dates than work around that saying as ive posted my interest in hosting a tournament first. Sounds childish but the effort put into running a tournament and getting a turnout, especially far north, is large and i dont feel like doing so if im going to be undercut. If i opt to run in easter you could run after? or if i opt to run a large euro tourney in summer that would leave the easter hols slot free for yourselves etc

You guys get me?

Ill have my expected date sorted by the end of the week if it helps =)

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
Naturally we shall consider the proposed dates for your tournament, when deciding on the dates for our own.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Haha, my crew will fight your crew for worst crew in the UK,
Were gonna have all four members for the first time together at one tournament when we go to TKI so we can have a crew battle then :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Guys ive read that your thinking of hosting a tournament? its generally respected in the community to give at least two months between tournaments to allow for maximum turnout. If you guys went for mid-march it would really impact the expected turnout of my own, saying as, people would have less than a month to plan/get money etc?

Its upto you but Id appreciate if you allowed me to sort out my dates than work around that saying as ive posted my interest in hosting a tournament first. Sounds childish but the effort put into running a tournament and getting a turnout, especially far north, is large and i dont feel like doing so if im going to be undercut. If i opt to run in easter you could run after? or if i opt to run a large euro tourney in summer that would leave the easter hols slot free for yourselves etc

You guys get me?

Ill have my expected date sorted by the end of the week if it helps =)
Naturally we WONT have ours near Edster as that wouldn't be good for anyone. This tournament is still just an idea atm though we need to sort out a venue etc.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Haha, my crew will fight your crew for worst crew in the UK,
Were gonna have all four members for the first time together at one tournament when we go to TKI so we can have a crew battle then :)
YES LETS DO THIS!! Who else in your crew btw? Is is you Clockmire, Hugo/Frugs, and ????

VA

Smash Hero
What is Tamoo's crew called? It would actually be an intense match up The Saints or w/e vs them. DO IT/

VA

Smash Hero
it's 4 v 4 usually in crews...so they'd have to wait until everyone from tamoo's crew was there.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Wow, we have our first loyal fan :p I look forward to epic crew battles - I reckon we should play the Leeds' crew. There's what, one smasher there?

And yeah, anyone that's around on Sunday (I think Sunday was better) - my house middayish or something similar? Anytime really.

VA

Smash Hero
I think you should seriously all play me. It would be amusing, I'd prolly get ***** but it would be a worthwhile venture and a real test for me.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
I think you should seriously all play me. It would be amusing, I'd prolly get ***** but it would be a worthwhile venture and a real test for me.
Stop trying to get everyone to play you at once. Unless theres no team attack, and we all use gannondorf, ZOMG WIZARDS FOOT INFINITE COMBO/SPIKE!!

Also Sunday sounds good what time were you thinking?

Also also VA we can do a crew battle where they have less members but more stocks or vice versa if we can't get everyone out.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
V.A. I know you're a good player but seriously stop with the whole everyone vs me thing cos it's being a bit big headed and we're just not interested

VA

Smash Hero
It's not insulting you just take it that way. Mango and some crew did a crew battle vs KDJ, and so did a washington crew vs DJ combo. Just **** me and look like an idiot for trying :/

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
It's not insulting you just take it that way. Mango and some crew did a crew battle vs KDJ, and so did a washington crew vs DJ combo. Just **** me and look like an idiot for trying :/
I didn't say it was insulting I said it was bigheaded. How about we play you 1v1? Or are we just too inferior to you're ridiculous skills at this game?

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Yay more arguements. I'll run the side betting for it.

VA - Calm and casual style whilst constantly asserting hes right. Also has arrogance that he doesn't phrase well so ends up making his opponent angry. Odds 2-1.

Ben - Takes everything personally and won't let go, much like a dog with a bone. Strong agressive argumentative style which can crush his enemies moral. Has been known to result to insults. Odds 1-2.

Let the banter begin.

Top Bottom