• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Gaming Zone Presents: Sector B

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
You suck, rofl...

I will Ike ditto you for any amount of money.
aight cool we can $5 MM I just need to know when you are coming down here?? Well scratch that I heard there is a tourney up their beginning of october that me nd my crew might go to

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Wow Nice turnout Deez. Good ****. Sin beat Ninjalink? I knew that man was getting better.. but daumn! Good **** Sin, congrats!

This tournament looked fun, mad I missed it but important things came up. I like the turnouts, many great upsets.. glad to see MD/VA stepping it up.

Congrats on a nice tourney Deez. Hope to make it to your next one.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
That's ten frames of time to react...most top players have a reaction time of like 6-8 frames probably. Step it up.

I was f-tilting Kai's Sonic out of his spin dashes with MK yesterday. :p
you didn't factor in the fact that i don't have grab armor... so my grab has to be dam near extended fully to grab it :s that shaves a lot of the leeway of 11 frames off :/

_SIN_06

Smash Apprentice
Sin beat Ninjalink?

GOOD F*CKING ****!

GOD ****, I'M SO PISSED I COULDN'T GOTO THIS!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Sin for PR.....NOW!

Haha Hellz yeah!!! Thx poyo.

Meta Knight Too Goodz!!

ShoutOutz

1.Neo- Good **** mah nigg.
2.Takeover- too goodz i needed more tornado lmao.
3. Deez- :0 sooooooo close.
4. Boss- Too goodz with up B and in teams mah nigg.
5. P~s - good **** getting 3rd.
6.TKO- Thx for the live feed. U too goodz.
Tant- You da best!!
Yoster- Thx for always helping out bro.
Korn- Nice stuff in teams. Teach me lol.
Ninja Link- Also good stuff in teams your G.W to goodz.

THX AGAIN FOR EVERYONE COMING OUT TO SUPPORT US.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
you didn't factor in the fact that i don't have grab armor... so my grab has to be dam near extended fully to grab it :s that shaves a lot of the leeway of 11 frames off :/
ps pivot grabs beat random ****. I was playing some fox online and I just pivot grabbed with bowser and took all the damage from an usmash, but grabbed him. Needless to say it was quite funny. The usmash would've killed me.

All I know about beating sonic is to spam nair and laser. Suprisingly enough wolf's nair has multiple hits to hit that shave people and on sonic's side b and down b he loses to nair. It is rather weird cause nair is wolf's most weirdest move.

On first hit (the startup close hit) it has suprisingly good knockback similar to a bair, but not as powerful and angled more downward. Then it has 4 other hits. The 2nd and 4th hit have much more hitstun in it then the 3rd and 5th making it possible to have a true combo if wolf grounds the nair at those times leading to an easy dsmash :p.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ps pivot grabs beat random ****. I was playing some fox online and I just pivot grabbed with bowser and took all the damage from an usmash, but grabbed him. Needless to say it was quite funny. The usmash would've killed me.

All I know about beating sonic is to spam nair and laser. Suprisingly enough wolf's nair has multiple hits to hit that shave people and on sonic's side b and down b he loses to nair. It is rather weird cause nair is wolf's most weirdest move.

On first hit (the startup close hit) it has suprisingly good knockback similar to a bair, but not as powerful and angled more downward. Then it has 4 other hits. The 2nd and 4th hit have much more hitstun in it then the 3rd and 5th making it possible to have a true combo if wolf grounds the nair at those times leading to an easy dsmash :p.
i'ma stop spamming this thread after that... bu do you know what know grab armor means? it means that bowser can grab fox when he does the u-smash and takes damage but gets the grab... thats grab armor

olimar will try to grab fox's u-smash and die... because i don't get the grab armor frames and if any damage gets through i will not grab you and i will take the knockback as if i stood there unshielded... thus, oli's pivot grab doesn't beat everything

i swear no one ever studies other characters *sighs* they just say the character is gay and stop there

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There's more to beating Sonic than just that, you know.

Triangle.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i get mad because i'm losing to a grab

not spacing, not mindgames, not being outplayed, im losing to one a ****ing grab

not everyone likes to enter singles then a. not try and waste your own money/money that you borrowed or b. try, lose, then say you didn't try anyways boss

i take competing seriously that's why i don't ever sandbag even in friendlies even though people LOVE to sandbag me

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
There's more to beating Sonic than just that, you know.

Triangle.
lol dont worry about it Bionic. most people still think that all you have to do is dtilt to beat sonic, and completely ignore his ability to cancel and jump out of spindash, among other things. then Speed gets 5th and everyones all suprised because its a sonic. As long as people dont learn the matchup and basically thinks he's not a big deal, Speed's gonna keep winning like this lol.

Sonic's not a bad character. He's just not "gay" good lol.
poor olimar and no armor frames on grab. I remember i pivot grabbed marths fair needless to say neo got really mad at that lol.
that is lame. where will the gayness end LOL. I'm sure I was there when that happened (at K-9's right?) and watching the match at this tourney between NEO and Meep... holy crap. that is in no way fair, is it? seriously. I mean, he was mashing to get out and everything, and it didn't matter. I've asked people about how to get out, and when I see someone do that and still get 0 to death that is just stupid.

Im not complaining or anything, but to you guys who are okay with this, why does this not bother you. I really want to know.

boss8

Smash Hero

not spacing, not mindgames, not being outplayed, im losing to one a ****ing grab

not everyone likes to enter singles then a. not try and waste your own money/money that you borrowed or b. try, lose, then say you didn't try anyways boss

i take competing seriously that's why i don't ever sandbag even in friendlies even though people LOVE to sandbag me
why so serious???

its brawl.........:chuckle:

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol dont worry about it Bionic. most people still think that all you have to do is dtilt to beat sonic, and completely ignore his ability to cancel and jump out of spindash, among other things. then Speed gets 5th and everyones all suprised because its a sonic. As long as people dont learn the matchup and basically thinks he's not a big deal, Speed's gonna keep winning like this lol.

Sonic's not a bad character. He's just not "gay" good lol.

that is lame. where will the gayness end LOL. I'm sure I was there when that happened (at K-9's right?) and watching the match at this tourney between NEO and Meep... holy crap. that is in no way fair, is it? seriously. I mean, he was mashing to get out and everything, and it didn't matter. I've asked people about how to get out, and when I see someone do that and still get 0 to death that is just stupid.

Im not complaining or anything, but to you guys who are okay with this, why does this not bother you. I really want to know.
Cuz its not proven to be broken yet? Only 2 players can play ic successfully and even lain loses to marths. You have no idea what gay **** is until youve seen top mks run timers on people and im not talking about just running against them when they fight ic just generally anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD54aUDcAw

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
yay poyo is banned again.. !

that's why i want to play friendlies with you a lot D: ! i don't sandbag

Coney

Smash Master
glad to hear people other than me never sandbag!

and ic's are gay, but our region doesn't have any incredibly gay MKs, so i'm honestly thankful

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Cuz its not proven to be broken yet? Only 2 players can play ic successfully and even lain loses to marths. You have no idea what gay **** is until youve seen top mks run timers on people and im not talking about just running against them when they fight ic just generally anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD54aUDcAw
I've seen gay **** like that. I've played meta and done it to people. its stupid how much worse you can be than your opponent and still win just by doing that. so i dont do it anymore. (probably should have against Deez lol) but that doesnt in my opinon change my current opinion against that ability the IC's have. it puts it in the same category, even if it takes more skill to do. btw meep, do you really think there are only going to be 2 people who master that character? seriously? Lain losing to marth has nothing to do with it either, i'm afraid, because even tho i talked about Neo, I was asking a general question. So don't take it like I'm attacking you personally, because I'm not, and if something isn't banned by all means do it.

btw meep, what DO you expect metas to do against that chaingrab? Don't you think its understandable considering what they are up against?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nothing is more terrifying than fighting the Ice Climbers. It's extremely unfun and you have to run away like a scared little mouse the whole match. If you make a single mistake, you lose your whole stock. It's stupid.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If IC's grabs are legal, then I'm gonna fly under the stage for 8 minutes from here on out

Meep played even campier than before and didn't mind taking a few hits for a grab everytime, attacking was useless.

Edit: BTW, i'm not complaining, Meep is doing everything he has to do to win, which is what I expect from a competitor. So that means I will do the same next time, just for reference I think its silly

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
wow that's all you can do really? man, i've been playing them wrong this whole time. I've been trying to actually fight them but that was clearly the wrong idea. it just gets them thier grabs quicker...

wow that's lame. I dont think I'm giving up meta after all then, if that's my only option against them... :(

meepxzero

Smash Master
Neo play Snake just for IC's gernadessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
im gonna get you back fatal =( i had seeing johns lol :urg:. I couldnt see any nades or c4 on halberd because of you i wear glasses when i play brawl now LOL.

Sure your not personally attacking me kojin. THere were two instances in this ***** thread where u were b1tching the way i win. I WANTED NEO TO GO MK AGAINST ME. why do you think i camped so hard our first game of winners final?

People dont get there is a BIG difference between playing good and playing gay. Chu and Neo imo play REALLY GOOD. Even better than me by a lot. They are more skillful than me in brawl. The only thing holding them both back is playing totally gay in it. Its harder for kirby and marth to do that cuz there is more gay stuff in brawl that beats them. The best they can do is run the timer and ive seen them do it a couple times. They just need to do it ALL the time when they take a lead.

My two cents on that. Like tant said i play gay and campy now and it would be a total injustice if i didnt give the region this practice since most of us play off of skill. You guys can feel free to run the timer on me, I probably will shake ur hand for even pulling it off effectively.

Kinda happy im playing mk more again. Playing mk is just molding my style into something gayer.

Top Bottom