• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Gaming Zone Presents: Sector B

clowsui

Smash Legend
meep lain still loses to marths because every midwest marth sucks massive testicles, lol

so he doesn't get proper matchup experience

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
im gonna get you back fatal =( i had seeing johns lol :urg:. I couldnt see any nades or c4 on halberd because of you i wear glasses when i play brawl now LOL.

Sure your not personally attacking me kojin. THere were two instances in this ***** thread where u were b1tching the way i win. I WANTED NEO TO GO MK AGAINST ME. why do you think i camped so hard our first game of winners final?

People dont get there is a BIG difference between playing good and playing gay. Chu and Neo imo play REALLY GOOD. Even better than me by a lot. They are more skillful than me in brawl. The only thing holding them both back is playing totally gay in it. Its harder for kirby and marth to do that cuz there is more gay stuff in brawl that beats them. The best they can do is run the timer and ive seen them do it a couple times. They just need to do it ALL the time when they take a lead.

My two cents on that. Like tant said i play gay and campy now and it would be a total injustice if i didnt give the region this practice since most of us play off of skill. You guys can feel free to run the timer on me, I probably will shake ur hand for even pulling it off effectively.
dag son

**** is for real now

I want to try again now, LOL

Fighting the IC's is like a really hard single player level that you know how you're supposed to win, but you can't pull it off, and that either makes you mad and you rage quit, or it makes you more determined to pull it off and beat it

I'm one who's more motivated to try it again

Actually the only pros i've found to just seem impossible is Boss (when he's playing good), P~S, Forte, Neo, and M2K

Chu/Meep/Sanoscy/Kornn and other players seem to have viable weaknesses but are better at capitalizing it than the rest, which is why they win so much, they know their own weaknesses and use them to their advantage

There are a couple specific things Chu does, for example (I won't point them out, you all should figure these things out for your own) that are serious flaws. But he utilizes them to win matches. Meep just has a better gimmick than the rest.

But what about the rest of you, MD/VA? Can anyone defeat meep and neo and chu or are you guys gonna sit around and lose to them time and time again? I'm not excluded from this, and I'm gunning for a lot of these guys. You should be doing the same, not making excuses about grabs why you lost, but just simply winning. Lets quit this johning and be real here- if you don't place in the money, it's no different than placing LAST.

I'm not happy with my 9th place finish at this tournament, I failed hard against Meep and Takeover in matches that I had potential to win. You don't even need to practice much to come back and "be better", you simply need to change the way you think about situations. Brawl has evolved to almost 50-60% mind games now. Its all about how you handle it.

boss8

Smash Hero
i cant really john about my lose's if i lose i lose.....i have the potential i know this for a FACT....i just get carefree and lazy (no johns though) did it ever strike you people that im losing to people because they get better???? or do u guys just assume...o your boss your suppose to win why did u let him beat you???

**** is dumb.....but like i said....

its brawl....

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i cant really john about my lose's if i lose i lose.....i have the potential i know this for a FACT....i just get carefree and lazy (no johns though) did it ever strike you people that im losing to people because they get better???? or do u guys just assume...o your boss your suppose to win why did u let him beat you???

its brawl....
When you go non-mario bros. characters it seems like you're not trying as hard.

Thats from my vantage point at least

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

its brawl....
nah man, you're the one who says you dont try. dont try to flip it now

Coney

Smash Master
ah, glad to see that no results thread is exempt from md/va's bickering

nah man, you're the one who says you dont try. dont try to flip it now
everyone says that, it seems like a big problem in this region. everybody has a defense mechanism where they say "man, i wasn't trying" or "i just didn't care"...it's their way of simultaneously protecting their fragile self-image while still subtly demeaning their opponent.

i'm not naming any names, the people know who they are. but if you aren't trying, why the hell are you even going to tournaments? a few of the people that say they never try give ~$20 and an entire day of their time once a week. sit down and shut up. i'm not saying to take every friendly as seriously as a heart attack, but there's a big difference in "i wasn't playing like i normally do and he just beat me" and "i just didn't try."

if you lost, you deserved to lose! refine and polish, gentlemen.

ChuDat

Smash Master

everyone says that, it seems like a big problem in this region. everybody has a defense mechanism where they say "man, i wasn't trying" or "i just didn't care"...it's their way of simultaneously protecting their fragile self-image while still subtly demeaning their opponent.

i'm not naming any names, the people know who they are. but if you aren't trying, why the hell are you even going to tournaments? a few of the people that say they never try give ~$20 and an entire day of their time once a week. sit down and shut up. i'm not saying to take every friendly as seriously as a heart attack, but there's a big difference in "i wasn't playing like i normally do and he just beat me" and "i just didn't try."

It's all good. That just means there's more money for Meep and I :chuckle:

+ others

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva

Sure your not personally attacking me kojin. THere were two instances in this ***** thread where u were b1tching the way i win. I WANTED NEO TO GO MK AGAINST ME. why do you think i camped so hard our first game of winners final?
i dont know. because you wanted to win?:confused: which is fine by the way. and im not "*****ing." but just because you don't have a problem winning with that tactic doesn't mean i can't question that tactic anymore. And I wanted a legit answer, other than , "it's not gay." of coarse you dont think its gay. and even if you think it is, its not like im saying you can't win without it. If its allowed then its allowed. but you also can't show me a clip of a campy meta and expect that to be justification for something, as if you needed it.

you know what, forget it. I came here asking a question, and all i got was hate. good day sir.

@lain: word? that clears up things then, i guess...

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
dag son

**** is for real now

I want to try again now, LOL

Fighting the IC's is like a really hard single player level that you know how you're supposed to win, but you can't pull it off, and that either makes you mad and you rage quit, or it makes you more determined to pull it off and beat it

I'm one who's more motivated to try it again

But what about the rest of you, MD/VA? Can anyone defeat meep and neo and chu or are you guys gonna sit around and lose to them time and time again? I'm not excluded from this, and I'm gunning for a lot of these guys. You should be doing the same, not making excuses about grabs why you lost, but just simply winning. Lets quit this johning and be real here- if you don't place in the money, it's no different than placing LAST.

I'm not happy with my 9th place finish at this tournament, I failed hard against Meep and Takeover in matches that I had potential to win. You don't even need to practice much to come back and "be better", you simply need to change the way you think about situations. Brawl has evolved to almost 50-60% mind games now. Its all about how you handle it.
i agree with this
although i alway feel like **** an get mad when i lose to meep... it doesn't change the fact that no matter how gay a tactic may be... its present and if yo ant o compete you have to deal with it. matches with meep and neo are closer now... last stock often with meep and game 5 with neo...
but me saying this says that i have improved... but i lost.. people need to realize that going game 3 with a "pro" means nothing, it means that you lost, it just took longer then normal, getting them to last stock getting top 10 but not top 3... getting 3rd and not 1st... this al means that you lost, you are not good and need to get better... you can ask deez or anyone that i ride home with... my statement after getting 1st, 3rd, or 5th... has always been the same... "i need to get better"
as for johning... its is dumb and only hinders the player. "i lost to mk cause of nadeo," "i lost cause he camped me," the john is irrelevant... the fact is that if you make an excuse.... you subconsciously tell yourself that you only lost for this factor, its not you fault... thus you don't practice as hard against that character....

and currently... meep is the only person that i feel can be satisfied with their placing right now... not cause he got 1st... but ecause he always gets 1st... until you are doing what he does, you should be constantly telling yourself you suck and need to get better

p.s. meep, you sure you will shake there hand if they run the timer out on you... i beg to differ XD

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
i agree with this
although i alway feel like **** an get mad when i lose to meep... it doesn't change the fact that no matter how gay a tactic may be... its present and if yo ant o compete you have to deal with it. matches with meep and neo are closer now... last stock often with meep and game 5 with neo...
but me saying this says that i have improved... but i lost.. people need to realize that going game 3 with a "pro" means nothing, it means that you lost, it just took longer then normal, getting them to last stock getting top 10 but not top 3... getting 3rd and not 1st... this al means that you lost, you are not good and need to get better... you can ask deez or anyone that i ride home with... my statement after getting 1st, 3rd, or 5th... has always been the same... "i need to get better"
as for johning... its is dumb and only hinders the player. "i lost to mk cause of nadeo," "i lost cause he camped me," the john is irrelevant... the fact is that if you make an excuse.... you subconsciously tell yourself that you only lost for this factor, its not you fault... thus you don't practice as hard against that character....

and currently... meep is the only person that i feel can be satisfied with their placing right now... not cause he got 1st... but ecause he always gets 1st... until you are doing what he does, you should be constantly telling yourself you suck and need to get better

p.s. meep, you sure you will shake there hand if they run the timer out on you... i beg to differ XD
I suck and need to get better.

PS is mad legit.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
i agree with this
that just too much...
it's like you living just for Brawl..

:/ play/practice this game almost everyday.. just to get better.. ? **** that D:

meepxzero

Smash Master
i agree with this

****it i will shake there hand LOL. Al live up to that end of the deal, but only if they beat me because then al act like a **** of they timed me out and lost cuz of timer. Ive only been bitter at losing when i get planked to death and they clearly broke rules. Until i beat chu consistently in ic dittos im still not satisified. My mu with mk could be better, but i have no practice at all with that mu in this region cuz all the mks dont enter singles.

lain u lost to mikehaze in a mm with ic =( and he wasnt even using his screaming technique XD. But who cares its easier with DDD until u play neo.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
**** what are you guys talking about now lol..
Anyways Im playing with a very underrated game & watch..
Watch out boss she is extra ***** good she might come to the next tourney...
**** who ever thought a lady was so great at this game???

Deez.

Smash Lord
hey im sure people still play/practice a lot of brawl no bs >__<

and did you work on the money :/ .... just wondering ? cuz i need them :/
My manager wasn't in work today. but she will be tomorrow and I'll figure everything out. how much are you missing just wonderin?

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace

This man knows.

I'm concerned that I don't play as well as I do in tourney as I play in friendlies, but it's ok, when I lose, I hate that it happens that way, but it happens. Saying you're not trying is such a bad excuse. That's saying NJ's argument for us winning the crew battle at APEX is legit. And guys, we know that's not true. Quite honestly, the talent in MD/VA is interesting, we have a few people at the top of their character's metagames, and the rest of us are a talented bunch, but we hit walls. Some chose to quit there, some chose move past it, and some are still working at this wall. I personally don't care, which one anyone picks, to each person their own, but what I am going to say is, quit yo *****in'.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Nah this has been a different results thread altogether

I think some people finally realized that they either need to quit or stop making excuses and be better

Top Bottom