• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
True, Purple, but that would harm the character since Kick-*** doesn't actually kick ***, but gets his *** kicked. And if Kick-*** isn't in it, nobody else from the comic should be in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I can make out from the silhouettes that Super Skrull, Felicia, Chun-Li, Deadpool, and Cap are DEFINITELY in this game.

I'm actually very excited about Super Skrull, Fantastic Four has awlays been my favourite Marvel Series. Sure I would have loved to see Thing or Invisible Woman first but Super Skrull is hella cool too.

On that pic that says "Juggernaut/Antman?" I don't see Juggernaut at all, nor Antman, but Pym is one of my favourite characters in anything ever so I'll be so stoked if he's actually in it.

I doubt they'll be using Marvel imprints to take characters from, so no Kick-***, Groo, etc.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't see Frank West in the picture either, but if it IS going to have a more concrete story than the stories of the previous MvC games, and both Frank and Chris are in it, I'm looking forward for Zombie shenanigans. Particularly, Marvel Zombies.

Howard the Duck for MvC 3.

Looking back at that picture now, I think it's safe to say that it is Dr. Doom. More rocks, great.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Im hoping they make MvC3 NOTHING like TvC. Capcom should just give an established tier list the day the game comes out cause we know if this is a proper versus game its gonna be broken as ****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OK, so I have a list of who I would like to see and/or who I think is likely to appearing MvC3 and these are the ones I think are most likely and the ones I want the most to return. There's only a few here since about 20 have already been essentially confirmed and the game is likely going to have around 30-40 characters as opposed to 56 in MvC2.

For reference, the list of confirmed characters is:
Black Widow (Unconfirmed Official Artwork Shilouette)
Captain America (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Chris Redfield (Official Trailer)
Chun-Li (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Dante (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Deadpool (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Dr. Doom (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Felicia (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Frank West (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Hulk (Official Trailer)
Iron Fist (Unconfirmed Official Artwork Silhouette)
Iron Man (Official Trailer)
Mephisto (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Morrigan (Official Trailer)
Magneto (Unconfirmed Rumor)
Vanessa Z. Schneider (P.N.03) (Unconfirmed Official Artwork Silhouette)
Ryu (Official Trailer)
Spider-Man (Unconfirmed Rumor)
Storm (Unconfirmed Rumor)
Super Skrull (Official Artwork Silhouette)
Trish (Unconfirmed Official Artwork Silhouette)
Wolverine (Official Trailer)

So none of those characters will appear on my lists. Also, since there are more Marvel characters on this list, my lists will be mostly Capcom characters.

Returning Marvel Characters:
Cable - I'm a tier *****. Plus he needs to chill with his bro Deadpool.
Cyclops - I'm a tier *****. Plus Cable can't go anywhere without daddy's permission.
Juggernaut - Do I have to say it?
Sentinel - I'm a tier *****. Plus Sentinel and CapCom are on all of my teams in MvC2. I just really love playing them.

Returning Capcom Characters:
Akuma - Gotta have the recurring villain/superboss/rival in here.
Captain Commando - Like I said, I love CapCom and Sentinel. One without the other is like a day without sunshine, spaghetti without meatballs, or lamb without tuna fish.
Dan - Gotta have the recurring SF series joke in here.
Megaman - Honestly, I couldn't care less about the Megaman series, but you need at least one legit character from the series to have the next person in.
Roll - ***** *****S CAN'T **** WITH THIS ***** ****.
Sakura - I'll get into this more later but I think there should be a representative of all of the SF series games in Marvel. With Ryu representing SF1 and Chun Li representing the SFII series, Sakura could represent the SFA series since she is one of the most memorable characters, to the point where you could argue that she's the mascot of those versions.

New Marvel Characters:
Norman Osborn - If you've been following Marvel Comics for the past year or two, you'll know that Norman Osborn is a pretty big deal right now. I'd really like to see him in the game in some form, whether as the Green Goblin or Iron Patriot or maybe the ability to transform between the two.
The Sentry (Bob Reynolds) - Canonically speaking, The Sentry is one of the strongest characters in the Marvel Universe, with strength enough to fight evenly with The Hulk, speed that can enable him to fly at nearly the speed of light, regenerative abilities akin to Doctor Manhattan of Watchman (able to reform himself after being destroyed), extremely powerful energy projection comparable to a solar flare...he once brought his wife back to life. He's nearly omnipotent and godlike and his weaknesses lie in his fragile psyche, which is primarily cause by his second personality, The Void. The Void is to the Sentry what Akuma is to Ryu, something that tempts him to abandon his morals in order to gain exponentially high levels of power, but unlike Ryu and Akuma, The Void dwells inside the Sentry. This could potentially give him a dark mode, which would be very interesting.

New Capcom Characters:
Alex - I said earlier that I thought a character representing each of the major SF series should be in the game. I'd rather have a different representative for SFIII but I didn't feel anyone else really fit. Makoto and Ibuki would work well but then there would be the risk or having nobody but Ryu, Akuma, the joke character Dan, and a bunch of girls representing the SF series. That's fine for Darkstalkers, but not SF. Dudley also didn't fit I felt - not aerial enough for a vs game.
C. Viper - I felt that she was the best representative of the SFIV cast, as much as I love Rufus, Abel, and Juri. I'd really like to see how she'd fit into this game. Maybe if the flight mechanic returns they could make up some bull**** to allow her to be able to fly.
Leon Kennedy - Should have been in TvC, needs to be in this game.
Viewtiful Joe - It's ****ing Joe man! Who doesn't want Joe in this game?

So those are my thoughts. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol I'm obviously not that much of a tier *****. Strider was a near miss on my list.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If Doom is in the game Strider better be in this mofo. My team was weird BTW. I got the inspiration from a J-a-p(WTFFFFF YOU CANT SAY ***!!!!) MvC2 player named White. He played IM Sim Cyclopes, so I took that and slapped Sent on it. The IM Sim Sent team was created. Oh yeah, IM grab->Sim assist->infinite works. ****

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just say Japanese.

IM/Sim/Sent sounds interesting. Which Dhalsim assist? Yoga Flame?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
no strider. this list is FAIL.

plus the game doesn't need sakura. mvc2 had 8 shotos (ryu, ken, akuma, dan, sakura, cyke, america, spidey). if you are using sfa series then go with charlie or rose.

on top of that strider seems to be one of the more popular chars in mvc2 (imo) it would be injustice.

imo capcom side should be ryu, morrigan, chris, chun, felicia, alex, strider, ruby heart, megaman, protoman, tron, souki, kyosuke, nero, and v.joe

marvel side: wolvie, hulk, iron man, america, spidey, cyke, magneto, sentinel, super skrull, dr doom, black widow, deadpool, scarlet witch, howard the duck, and psylocke

there an awesome 30 char roster.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder how they'll represent the Mega Man series. I can see X fitting more with this look, but I'd like to see Classic Mega Man make it back. Tron also. I loved using Tron. :laugh:

For the Marvel side, I won't be surprised if we'll mostly be seeing Marvel characters who've appeared in a movie or will star in one in the future.

Also, if (and when I mean if, I mean when) Strider is in MvC3, I'm hoping he has more health than he did in MvC2.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Improve on the MvC2 system (Thumbs down to the TvC system and glad most likely from what its stated they won't be using that system, Yay!), add more characters obviously and make the Capcom Cast more viable competitively.

Lastly, bring back their character themes (ex: Capt America, Gambit themes were pimp).

Capcom is bringing in all of their cards, screw Tekken, GG, VF, etc, etc, the true OG Big Dog is back in town.

MvC3 FTW!!!!!!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Based on careful silhouette analysis and details from the initial leak, if all the guesses are correct, then here's who we know so far...

Captain America
Deadpool
Dormammu
Dr. Doom
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
Spider-Man
Storm
Super Skrull
Wolverine

Chris Redfield
Chun-Li
Dante
Felicia
Frank West
Morrigan
Ryu
Trish

A pretty diverse selection so far if true.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The teaser trailer is pretty epic.

If Chris is in it then that gives me hope that Wesker will also be included.

If they buff Dr Doom Ill weep with joy.He will always be my favourite.Using dooms jets to fly over beam specials makes me happy.Dr.Doom,Iron Man and Magneto god what a team.

Wonder if perhaps Dante and maybe some Devil May Cry characters will make it in?That silhouette really does look like Dante.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Okay, I thought I was the only one that didn't like the TvC system in comparison to the MvC games.

Personally, I hope they use a MvC1 system, but that's swinging for the fences. No, the stars.

I wonder if Magneto is still going to be broken...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Excellent, now that the game has been confirmed with that awesome teaser, this is one game I can't wait to add to my new PS3's collection.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I've heard rumors of Iron Fist, which makes me hope for a Luke Cage appearance as well.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner. Obviously dash speed and distance can be different for each character, however they need to have this simply because majority of the characters who didn't have simply couldn't do anything up against characters who could do it in past Marvel vs Games.

There was alot of situations with characters like Ryu whom when pinned had absolutely no way of getting out of a situation, or getting in, because when taking to the air, they only had ONE option...Super Jump. So in my eyes, they need the F/B Airdash + DJ to be universal to help them out in this fashion.

Another thing for me also is the lack of ground game play, or little to none existent, obviously this would be hard to do in a game where everyone is jumping to the height of skyscrapers, however it would be fun to have characters who would simply make you fear being on the ground for just a few seconds or so simply because they could eat you alive for doing so.

They also need to re-tweak those "BEAM" Projectiles for certain characters...it makes single hit projectiles like Ryu's nearly obsolete. You either give more hit's for things like the Hadouken so that they can compete with the beams, either that, make it so that Beams if they hit will do multi-hit, but if Ryu shoots a Hadouken, and say Iron Man does his Uni-Beam they'll both cancel each other out right away. Not Ryu's Hadouken gets blown out and you get hit for 5-hits.

Lastly, the option for Blind Select...Please! I didn't like it at all when other people would literally sit there to wait for you to choose first so that they could choose a Counter Pick Team against yours...that's just bullsh*t.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner. Obviously dash speed and distance can be different for each character, however they need to have this simply because majority of the characters who didn't have simply couldn't do anything up against characters who could do it in past Marvel vs Games.
True, giving everyone the option to do an Air Dash+Double Jump would really help balancing things out to contend with certain characters. I still have mixed feelings on this though. I'm hoping there's some other tool or idea to substitute for an air dash. I liked the idea on SRK for giving characters a short hop for quick overheads.

I liked how each character had their own way of approaching rather than just an Instance Air Dash since it had diversity.
I understand that keeping it the traditional way will imbalance the game though.

To be honest, I don't care. I'll just leave it all up to Capcom.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
True, giving everyone the option to do an Air Dash+Double Jump would really help balancing things out to contend with certain characters. I still have mixed feelings on this though. I'm hoping there's some other tool or idea to substitute for an air dash. I liked the idea on SRK for giving characters a short hop for quick overheads.

I liked how each character had their own way of approaching rather than just an Instance Air Dash since it had diversity.
I understand that keeping it the traditional way will imbalance the game though.

To be honest, I don't care. I'll just leave it all up to Capcom.
To me, I don't believe it will not remove character diversity or take anything way of how they approach someone. Even with Airdashes, Ryu still won't be able to do what Mag's or Storm can do, however it will help Ryu out in getting within situations and also to get out...in MvC2 he had almost no way of getting out of situations, and super jumping out was also dangerous because you could be punished for that on the way back down, which was terrible.

I don't mind quick overheads for short hops, but I don't believe that will be enough to compensate for them, plus, I don't trust Capcom on trying to "improve" characters for better balance in a Marvel vs anyhow...they've shown they can't get it right with a game as crazy as this, so minus will take the easier routine. I can fully understand where you are coming from, however I feel that Marvel vs where Air priority is such an important factor, I feel that everyone should have something universal for that department so it isn't just a small group who has this very advantage.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
To me, I don't believe it will not remove character diversity or take anything way of how they approach someone. Even with Airdashes, Ryu still won't be able to do what Mag's or Storm can do, however it will help Ryu out in getting within situations and also to get out...in MvC2 he had almost no way of getting out of situations, and super jumping out was also dangerous because you could be punished for that on the way back down, which was terrible.

I don't mind quick overheads for short hops, but I don't believe that will be enough to compensate for them, plus, I don't trust Capcom on trying to "improve" characters for better balance in a Marvel vs anyhow...they've shown they can't get it right with a game as crazy as this, so minus will take the easier routine. I can fully understand where you are coming from, however I feel that Marvel vs where Air priority is such an important factor, I feel that everyone should have something universal for that department so it isn't just a small group who has this very advantage.
Yeah, I didn't mean that quick overheads would be the quick and easy fix that will balance out the matchups. It would be a nice feature though. But I agree, Air Dashes and Double Jumps seem to be the best option to take (which'll piss off some of the fans :laugh:). If they do add Air Dashing and Double Jumping for each character, I do think it'll work out though. There will still be diversity since some characters have an 8-way Air Dash.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I didn't mean that quick overheads would be the quick and easy fix that will balance out the matchups. It would be a nice feature though. But I agree, Air Dashes and Double Jumps seem to be the best option to take (which'll piss off some of the fans :laugh:). If they do add Air Dashing and Double Jumping for each character, I do think it'll work out though. There will still be diversity since some characters have an 8-way Air Dash.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind overheads at all seriously, I think it can be beneficial if you allowed it for certain characters like Ryu for example, that along with a universal airdash would be great. Characters like Storm or Magneto can compensate for not having an overhead due to the fact that they have 8-way air dashes which can literally allow them to do an "overhead" like attack already at blinding speed, and worse yet, either in front or back if they assist.

All in all, I think this can be a very good game, and seriously, I expect to see more playable characters, obviously it most likely won't be balanced like say to the same degree as SF:IV was, because no Marvel vs game that I ever remembered off the top of my head was ever balanced to begin with, however if at least near half the cast is viable then that would be a significant improvement already.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Here's something no one seems to have considered, but merits some thought. What if they're considering radically changing the system to something a little more/less conventional but at the very least far removed from the way it was before? It seems unlikely, given that Tatsu vs Capcom followed the same basic system and the Marvel Vs. series definitely always followed it, but it's still something to think about.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner.

Lastly, the option for Blind Select...Please! I didn't like it at all when other people would literally sit there to wait for you to choose first so that they could choose a Counter Pick Team against yours...that's just bullsh*t.
These. A thousand times these.

I understand how unlikely it is, but I hope that Blackheart and Shuma-Gorath make it in. Probably not since Mephisto is likely, and since they were obscure villains brought into the series and Capcom may be doing something similar to that this time around, but they were pretty under rated Marvel characters despite tier ranking.

RE Codeblack: You mean like make this Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Capcom characters? No thanks.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
*prays*

Please let Phoenix Wright be a playable character.
Please let Phoenix Wirght be a playable character.

I don't care how, I just want to play as him in a fighting game! >_<

:069:

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
RE Codeblack: You mean like make this Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Capcom characters? No thanks.
Alternatively, I might have meant they'd keep it a 2D fighter but make it of a different sort, eh? Like make it more like SF or CvSNK? Unlikely, but, again, still something to think about.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
*prays*

Please let Phoenix Wirght be a playable character.

I don't care how, I just want to play as him in a fighting game! >_<

:069:
He was actually planned to be apart of the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom roster, but he was scrapped because of one minor thing: The English text of "Objection" was too long to be an appropriate projectile, while the Japanese text was small enough.

Top Bottom