• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Galactus could be the end boss. Like, he's trying to eat both the Marvel world and the Capcom world or something.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Just keep Phoenix's OBJECTION kanji the same, they all speak Japanese anyway, I honestly am dumbfounded Capcom couldn't get across such a minor "obstacle" like that.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Galactus could be the end boss. Like, he's trying to eat both the Marvel world and the Capcom world or something.
But Galactus isn't just huge, he's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE. Like, the planet we're fighting on is the size of his hand. I guess they could tone him down a bit.

Oh yeah, heartz isn't joking I think. phoenix was suppose to be in TvC, he barely got cut.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What Heartz said was true. :laugh:

I'm sure it was just their excuse for us for not putting him in.
But if text truly was the deciding point, I'm disappointed.

And I don't know if Phoenix would fit in the look they're giving MvC3. He seems more suitable for TvC, IMO.
Though I do wonder how the lesser serious looking characters will look in MvC3.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think Phoenix would fit in better than Megaman TBH. I'm mean, at least Phoenix looks realistic, while Megaman just looks out of place.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Depends on the Megaman, he could easily look more "realistic" No, I don't mean like on the Megaman NES covers, just make him look more like a Western Comic cyborg and not a Japanese anime looking one like in Megaman 8. Something like Megaman ZX or .EXE (I ****ing hope not) could do this better than, say, Blue Bomber Megaman.

If Phoenix is in, Daredevil should be in it, with Daredevil as his counterpart. Rival lawyers :p

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Haters have good reason to hate. :chuckle:

I think we'll be fine here. Capcom didn't dumb the formula down for TvC other than going back to 2 on 2 tag teams, but with a smaller roster it works out fine. Should still be the same gameplay that has kept MvC2 alive for this many years. Balance, well... good luck on that part. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think Phoenix would fit in better than Megaman TBH. I'm mean, at least Phoenix looks realistic, while Megaman just looks out of place.
If they're using Classic Mega Man, then they'll probably use the design that's in the current manga.
That's kind of what they used for the promo art for the PSN release of MvC2, I think.

this better not be the brawl version of mvc2
LOL Don't scare me Hax. And if anything, maybe TvC was the "Brawl" of the Versus series.
Hope that means we're out of the clear. :laugh:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
wowowow
that poll is massively unfair. i only pick one character? just one? not even a top 5?

edit: lol @ the current results.
A transvestite has the lead with 8%

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wait, Poison is a ******? lol! They actually made her one to avoid legality issues? I never knew that. That's the funniest thing I ever heard!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you want multiple votes, just use a different browser for each vote. I put one in for Juri, one for poision, and am deciding on my vote for Explorer.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But Galactus isn't just huge, he's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE. Like, the planet we're fighting on is the size of his hand. I guess they could tone him down a bit.
He has the power to alter his size. That's why when he usually appears on Earth he's about as tall as a skyscraper. His boss battle could be in 3 parts though - one part where he's as tall as the screen, one part where he's even bigger than that and you only fight part of him, and a third part where you only fight his head or something.

Nah, not this time, Gates.
Oh my bad. That's a lame reason.

this better not be the brawl version of mvc2
Random tripping? No hitstun? The window for instant blocking is so wide that you can go through without taking any damage and the results go to time?

Well MvC2 is on the 360 and PS3 anyway, so you could always just stick with that.

Wait, Poison is a ******? lol! They actually made her one to avoid legality issues? I never knew that. That's the funniest thing I ever heard!
Yeah, one of the reasons Hugo wasn't in SFIV is because they didn't want to have to deal with the fact that Poison would be in it as well and they'd have to explain her gender all over again.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's not OK to beat women, as that is discriminatory, but it's ok to beat up the Transgendered!

FINAL FIGHT: A progressive game!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, one of the reasons Hugo wasn't in SFIV is because they didn't want to have to deal with the fact that Poison would be in it as well and they'd have to explain her gender all over again.
Um, is there an article for that? I honestly don't remember hearing Ono or the devs saying that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, it was something Ono or one of the devs said. I can't find the link right now because it was a long time ago.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, it was something Ono or one of the devs said. I can't find the link right now because it was a long time ago.
That's dumb if that's the case, Capcom just loves making excuses it seems like. :laugh:

Anyway, I don't know how I'd feel with Poison being a playable character in MvC3.
It just feels odd if she's the first (or one of the first if other FF characters are in) Final Fight characters to make it in a crossover game. I'm also hoping for one more Darkstalkers character besides Morrigan and Felicia.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If Hsen-Ko was in here then you could have a team dark *******. But I doubt that will happen sadly.

As for Poison, she's was in another capcom fighter as well, and no, not SFIII. Honestly, she'd be hilarious. I could see her attacks revolving around sexual references. I hope she makes it, and not just because I've got a ****** fetish.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He was actually planned to be apart of the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom roster, but he was scrapped because of one minor thing: The English text of "Objection" was too long to be an appropriate projectile, while the Japanese text was small enough.
I've actually heard he was just barely cut, but I never knew the reason. That is so dumb... -_-

That's why I'm praying right now.

*continues praying*

:069:

Top Bottom