• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
Or iRobot.

I just play whoever I fun with. Snake might be a high tier in brawl, but he is still my favorite character and THAT is why I use him. It is the same reason Serris uses Phoenix.

I am really liking a lot of the new UMVC3 characters, so I plan to use them regardless of how good they are. The only thing stopping me from using a character is high execution barriers. It is just not my thing. Tier whoring is so boring. Yeah you win, but if you do not have fun then what is the point? If you only have fun winning then just go play a 4 year old in basketball or something.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I Robot wasn't a good movie compared to the book.

And you should really choose the characters you play based on how well they fit your playstyle instead of anything else (being high or low tier, character design, etc.), but I'm not getting into that again. In team games like this though, you should have one general playstyle for your whole team and build it around making that playstyle as good or as close to the playstyle you want as possible.

I can't beat anyone in basketball due to a crippling genetic condition called being white.

Savon

Smash Ace
Gates just gave me my new sig. In fighting games I generally like to play either power characters or keepaway characters, but NEVER speedy combo heavy chars. I play Snake in Brawl, Ganon in Melee, Shehulk/Dorm/Arthur in MvC, King in Tekken, and Zasalamel in Soul Cal. I am proud to have a playstyle that I can stick to AND characters I love along with it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My playstyle varies a lot from game to game though. In Smash I tended to play more aggressive characters (Kirby in 64, Peach and Sheik in Melee, Dedede and MK in Brawl) and when I do play Tekken I tend to play aggressive characters like Steve, but in 2D fighters I pretty much always play zoning characters. I guess for me it really depends on the mechanics of the game in order for me to decide how I want to play it. I generally go more towards zoning though.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I like to play characters that can move around, deal damage, and trip people up. My absolute favorite character to play in Marvel 3 is easily Spencer. I love bionic commando and the fact I can play a good character who fits me is great.

The problem comes in when it comes to the rest of my team...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey guys I need some more help with my team. I've been doing a lot better, but my problem lies within (yet again) my otg assist.

Wesker's Samurai Edge always misses. Like I'll land with S then he'll come out [way faster than shuma], but miss.

What do I do to fix this?

Also, this is what I've been doing mainly:

Combos > Wesker Assist[when it works] > Web throw > TK Max. Spider(Working on this)

Combos > Web Ball H > UWT

Combos > Wesker Assist > CA

Another question is:

Is there a way to combo CA into Web throw?

Off of Spiderman, I also need some Wesker/Sentinel advice. I'm getting better with Wesker, but I suck with Sent. Unless I spam Cr. H / Missiles. Aidan always has a pic of him, was hoping you could help me ;P

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
LOL AT WESKER BUFF, Wesker gonna throw glasses at people now? Also DAT CHRIS BUFF YES. I can finally annoy more people, OPEN, EAT, SUCK ON THIS

Savon

Smash Ace
button mashing for damage is lame. I always hated that mechanic. Just let the super do its damage and leave it be.

Savon

Smash Ace
I can live with it. I just do not like it. It is not the end of the world though. I can live with it.

Also the EVO stream is amazing. Some little kid who had to have been between 9-11 exposed some dude with his Hulk/Sent/Wesker team. The kid 2-0ed him. The crowd was booing everytime the other dude comboed the kid.

edit: according to the stream he is 8

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel bad for anyone who has to go against noah.
There is no winning.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I haven't been watching the stream, who the hell is Noah and what team does he play?

I know it'll never happen but if at some point Noah winds up beating Daigo some way, the internet will explode.
Why wouldn't that happen? Are they in different brackets?

TL?

Smash Ace
people should really just zone his hulk out. People keep trying to rush him down and eat a standing H. lol

Savon

Smash Ace
He has those adv mindgames. WhO expects such a simple and straightforward playstyle? Combine that with his age and you are getting mind screwed HARD

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hulk/Sent/Wesker

He's 8 years old.
ok, that's actually pretty impressive. I was afraid it would be an 8 year old kid playing Wolverine/Akuma/Phoenix which any six-year-old can do well with, but the fact that he's doing this well with a legit team is genuinely impressive.

I think Daigo's in Loser's and Noah's in Winner's. But I could be wrong.
Oh so you think Daigo will get eliminated before Noah loses then?

Oh wait, Chris G sent Noah to losers. If Daigo loses to an 8-year-old kid I hope Japan quits Marvel forever.

people should really just zone his hulk out. People keep trying to rush him down and eat a standing H. lol
I think it's because people write off Hulk and don't see him as dangerous. Protip: People are DUMB.

I better not hear that this game is hard ever again.
Twist wtf are you talking about this game is so hard. I've tried for such a long time to lose at this game and I just can't do it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sooooo many good players have lost to Phoenix for no other reason than because she's Phoenix. It pisses me off when Seth Killian acts proud because of this too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Even if Sanford just got knocked into losers, he's gotten so much better since the game's release.
Sad that Fanatiq is out, but at least Clock's still in.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, I have 490 megs of recorded EVO matches so far...on a roughly 35 gigs/month bandwidth limit that was at like 90% on the 19th where we have to pay extra for any bit over. Good thing it's the end of the month because tomorrow's probably going to freaking kill it. :urg:

Top Bottom