• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao i noticed that too

super stone faced

the only emotion he showed the whole time was a fist up after winning winners finals

BSP

Smash Legend
I heard that he smiled after one thing happened, but I can't remember what it was.

But yeah, he's pretty emotionless.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've come up with a pretty high damage Chun-Li bread and butter that does 728,300 for one meter. Her combos are flashy, and her damage output and meter building are excellent. I absolutely love playing as her, but her lack of any viable approach options outside of a beam or high-speed projectile assist is a huge downer. If I can find a way to work a decent team around her, I might drop Phoenix. That's a huge if, though.

Hax

Smash Champion
what surprises me is how people were escaping marlinpie's THC and focus attack setups last night. so crazy.
how were people doing this jw? viper/ammy focus attack unblockable is escapable?

my tier list atm:

SSS: Zero, Vergil, Morrigan
SS: Phoenix
S: C. Viper, Firebrand, Strider, Dormammu, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Wolverine

TL?

Smash Ace
how were people doing this jw? viper/ammy focus attack unblockable is escapable?

my tier list atm:

SSS: Zero, Vergil, Morrigan
SS: Phoenix
S: C. Viper, Firebrand, Strider, Dormammu, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Wolverine
Morrigan > Doom? This tier list looks salty. They're top tier together. But look at tournaments. Morrigan without doom? Nowhere to be found. Doom without Morrigan? 80% of teams including the winning team of evo.

BSP

Smash Legend
I've seen lists for good point characters, good seconds, and good anchors, but yeah, individual probably isn't the greatest.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So it seems like a new glitch has been discovered on Capture assist/moves can help reset damage?
Characters like Spidey and Deadpool just got better.

BSP

Smash Legend
Who doesn't that apply to?

The tod
If your character has 1mil or more life, you should be able to survive a standard combo.

Like, at least one combo + hyper. You may survive a combo + hyper + DHC. For 2 DHCs, yeah, most characters are dead.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
deadpools getting better? sounds good to me. I play Magneto/Trish/Deadpool...and its such a good team lol. Every duo works well together, and the team as a whole synergizes perfectly. Thats my mark for a perfect team IMO.

Hax

Smash Champion
i weighted dominant point characters greater than dominant assists on my tier list, idk it just feels more appropriate. and morrigan is still incredible without doom, who arguably isn't even her best assist. try mystic ray

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when chou's vergil was about to get hit by focus attack, he did an x-factor guard cancel snap

when gx's spencer was about to get hit, he did an x-factor guard cancel armor piercer

TL?

Smash Ace
i weighted dominant point characters greater than dominant assists on my tier list, idk it just feels more appropriate. and morrigan is still incredible without doom, who arguably isn't even her best assist. try mystic ray
Tried mystic ray. Missles build a suprising amount of meter if you pay attention to it. Missles lock down the longest. Missles get in the way of teleports. Missles break combos/opportunities that would have killed your morrigan. Shuma does not have the ridiculous TAC combos and has worse supers/DHCs. Doom is by far the best. Shuma can work though. :)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
why not both? shuma works best on anchor.
What does this term mean: "shuma."

Dog is one of the best anchor's. 2 frame crouching light in crack factor, Plus that damn slow down.

Try Morrigan, doom, dog. Damn this team is scary.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Don't forget about the 2 bar Team hyper Doom/Ammy have, though I don't like the sound of Morrigan on point too much. And the team would probably like Doom/Ammy together which puts the ***** in the back

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hypothetical situation: Opponent super jumps and is blocking Doom Missiles while you are on the ground dashing from one side of them to the other. Do they have to alternate guard or does the game block for them?

Also, omg, there is so much ghey stuff I'm learning about Firebrand. It's pretty great.

One more thing, in what position should I put Rocket Raccoon and what teammates synergize well with him?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the game would auto block your hidden missiles situation, if not then yes they have to alternate

Firebrand is stupid good

And RR is probably best 2nd, and a team of v.Joe, RR, doom is good

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
full speed missiles count as a block string

however, on point you can stagger missiles so that they are not

Top Bottom