• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Imo the Links Awakening remake looks like trash. I'd have loved it if not for the horrendous art style.
Aw sweet, this is nostalgic in more ways than one! Not only are we gonna experience Link's Awakening again, we also get to relive Wind Waker's pre-release.

Nice.:4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dead by Day looks awesome but hoping it has online. That will make or break this purchase.
Dead by Daylight is a completely online experience. You play online as 1 of 4 survivors or the killer against real people.

It also wasn't mentioned in the direct but Michael Myers from Halloween, Amanda Young from Saw, Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street, and Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre are killers in the game.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I wanna believe Sora is back on the table, but a part of me thinks Brave was never Erdrick and we're gonna get bamboozled with a Bravely Default character.

Either that or it's Yuri flippin' Lowel.

Chances are most people are wrong and that makes me happy.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Considering that’s the price we should be paying anyway for them to actually make their money back, I gladly welcome it. Like, just based on numbers, $80-$90 should be the base price. But no one would buy it then. But if they only sold base $60 games with nothing else, they wouldn’t make their money back and they’d go bankrupt. So this is the middle ground they’ve found. Stop complaining about a problem you’re the cause of.
This is a joke right? Games being almost $100 at the base price is obscene. Digital downloads have greatly lowered costs for distribution, how on earth would they not make money back selling a game at $60? Plenty of companies do it. It's a reasonable price. Charging 20 more dollars for three missions (aka SpiderMan PS4) is a terrible practice that should not be encouraged.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
y'all ever realise how deep into conspiracy **** we get for the characters of a fighting game

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question is, what will be added besides the contents of fighter pack one in 3.0.0?

2.0.0 added auto retries and multiplayer to spirit boards

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dead by Daylight is a completely online experience. You play online as 1 of 4 survivors or the killer against real people.

It also wasn't mentioned in the direct but Michael Myers from Halloween, Amanda Young from Saw, Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street, and Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre are killers in the game.
Crazy how they got everyone but Jason, because he had his own game not too long ago. Maybe one day we'll get Terrordome to be an official fighter and not just a fan project.

y'all ever realise how deep into conspiracy **** we get for the characters of a fighting game
Yeah, but sometimes it's kind of fun tho.
shrug.gif

Other times people get a little too invested, but that's what happens I guess.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Might be a bit of a long stretch but given FFVII is coming out on the Switch in April along with that Smash update is something to take note? Maybe our next DLC could be Sephiroth.

First 3rd party villain joining the roster. I'd be down for that especially given he's easily up there with Bowser and Eggman as most iconic video game villains. I say that's more then good enough to warrant a spot in the roster. ;)
If this happens to be the case then I'm going to actually break something. Not because I dislike Sephiroth, but because, if anyone remembers, I made a big prediction on him being the first fighter pack character, and had gone so far as to say that if he wasn't at the game awards, I would use a picture of the Kirby suit from the Smash Ultimate advertising as my pfp for a week. And then Joker happened, you can guess the rest. If Sephiroth comes anyway and I was just off with my timing I SWEAR TO GOD.

D

Deleted member

I'm absolutely living for all this Link's Awakening love.
The remake looks stunning and has such a cute artstyle that's basically the original sprites as 3D models down to their proportions. I really want to know what they'll actually change though, and if the Color Dungeon will remain. As much as I like how faithful it is to the original, I also want to see some new stuff.
My main hope is that they expand the backstory of the Shadow Nightmares(which I think has the potential to really stand out in such a cute artstyle) and possibly tie the other bosses into the whole dream thing.
I'll also die if they have more animated cutscenes and I'll definitely die every time Marin's Song plays.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Stage Builder and Homerun Contest
I think Stage Builder will be a much later addition, unless they just straight up port WiiU's version with no changes.

D

Deleted member

Mario Maker 2 is a dream come true, Link's Awakening is a must get.
The Yoshi's Crafted World demo is worth a try.
3.0 is looking hype. I predict Joker, and most likely a Stage Builder and maybe a Homerun Contest.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Considering that 2.0.0 added Plant, and a plethora of balance changes, than I bet 3.0.0 would have Joker, and balance changes. But looking at the x.0.0 patches that Splatoon has, each which contain new weapons, stages, songs, as well as balance and online changes, some of which even brought in new game modes, and supers and subs, then I wouldn't be surprised if Ult got more stages, songs, and modes with 3.0.0, alongside Joker and balance changes.

D

Deleted member

You know, now I'm starting to wonder if the Wind Fish being so prominent in the recent spirit event was a coincidence or not. :p
The whole Power, Wisdom and COurage thing was probably a little sneak peak. They have some characters from LA.

D

Deleted member

3.0.0 predictions
Considering the amount of hubbub and hoopla they gave it in the Direct, marketing it as this huuuge spring update, I don't think we're only getting Joker's pack

My guess:
Joker Pack
Balance Changes (duh)
Improved Online
New/Returning Modes (Stage Builder? Stadium? Smashketball????)
Mii Costumes
Unrevealed Character Pack
and something fun like new items or something

D

Deleted member

I remember making a handful of "Don't Move" courses in Mario Maker.
That was like three years ago? I do not recall.
Those were the times...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
my source says we're getting Home-Run Builder in the 3.0.0 update along with Not Batman and a huge Piranha Plant buff; I am Vergeben #42, here to tell you that Vergeben #1 just got busted, and this has been my leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom