• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Advancing our Smash Skills feat. $50 MM Darklink (#1) vs K9 (#3)!!

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to be in a tourney again. It's been like...forever...I think this'll be my first this year.

I think I'd rather just do low tier singles, but I guess doubles is fine, anyone wanna team with my Samus?

Saffy

Smash Ace
I can't wait to be in a tourney again. It's been like...forever...I think this'll be my first this year.

I think I'd rather just do low tier singles, but I guess doubles is fine, anyone wanna team with my Samus?
I would if you'd like. Zelda/Samus? Or Lucas/Samus? :D If not that's okay xD

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I have Prom the same day as well, so I'm not sure if I'm going. But it's only Junior prom, and I kind of screwed up other crap so maybe I'll come anyway to feel better.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
I'll be coming to this for sure. Awesome job landing this venue. I took a tour of UAT once -- good shìt.

Low tier doubles is fine with me! And I'll MM anyone for $1 (I play Lucas & Jiggs).

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
F yes. Although it seems like everyone wants the plushies as much as you do! :)
Pfff noone wants them more then me.

I am sure I'll be there! :D Hype.

Oh and I will provide plushies for these placings:

Low Tier Doubles: 1st through 3rd place, meaning each person on the team gets one. lol
Regular Singles : I'll do top 4 for that.

So yeah a total of 10 !

Anyone want to team for low tier?
Yay plushies also ill team with you if noone else does who is your low tier character.

Hope I can make this one! I want plushies :D
You better make it to this one.

Me and Lance are coming. Kyle team with me if we do low tiers...

I wanna plushie...

Anybody looking to mm my ice climbers, mk, and gdubs? They all need practice

:phone:
yo is there anyway i can get a ride with you and lance.

Random doubles is fun too >.> Atleast in my opinion. I remember about 2 years ago we hosted one , I had a lot of fun teaming with Chris.

IMO Random Doubles > Low Tier Doubles > Random Singles > Doubles > Low Tier Singles > Singles

EDIT: I will also Money match anyone for $1-5 in random singles :p
Ill MM you also random matches are the best.

@saffy awesome pic i love childish gambino im so upset that i couldnt see him this last tuesday and wednesday.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Saffy I'll team with you, unless you want to team with Herro.

I think you'll do fine with either, but I do have that beam that Lucas can absorb. Though that's not terribly reliable since I have to charge it. It's your pick, I don't care.

Did you need a ride to this tourney? I think I saw that you needed a ride to something in the PR thread.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Yeah, Saffy I'll team with you, unless you want to team with Herro.

I think you'll do fine with either, but I do have that beam that Lucas can absorb. Though that's not terribly reliable since I have to charge it. It's your pick, I don't care.

Did you need a ride to this tourney? I think I saw that you needed a ride to something in the PR thread.
AHh I don't care who I team with honestly :) I would use Zelda or Lucas though, I can use Ness too and Jigglypuff lmao. It's up to you guys.

So yeah, i don't want to force anyone to team with me cause I know I'm not amazingly good like some of you. :o

Jane

Smash Hero
i dont think ness is low tier though, which sucks. i would consider picking him up if he was. i think i wanna try my hand at some samus though. :>

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Just play who you're comfortable with.

Eh, I'm not amazingly good either.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I play PT, Yoshi and Ness. All of whom used to be low-tier. Now I can't really compete because Bowser still sucks, especially in doubles

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Low tier:
Lucas
Mario
Bowser
Samus
Captain Falcon
Link
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Ganondorf

Officially, at least.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Omg Same with me.. He was in Scottsdale I think... So saddening.. I had no one to go with :(
oh that sucks ya i ended up selling my ticket a few days before his concert here in tucson on the 10th.

Ya he was in scottsdale on the 11th i was originally planning out going to both but something came up :(

Also ill team with who ever im not GDLK at this game and i really like to play for fun.

In low tiers i would use either Sammus,Falcon/

Saffy

Smash Ace
Ominous, I think maybe Zelda would be better with Samus ;o So I will use her... just watch out cause I spam dins fire in doubles... broken move.

Smiley you should team with Rob! Bowser/Lucas would be awesome especially with how much his fire thing can heal lucas.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Ominous, I think maybe Zelda would be better with Samus ;o So I will use her... just watch out cause I spam dins fire in doubles... broken move.

Smiley you should team with Rob! Bowser/Lucas would be awesome especially with how much his fire thing can heal lucas.
Naw Stevo is better than me especially with Low tiers.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
right, well, this long-time Luigi player will have to be Mario for low tiers and needs a partner

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
@Saffy, I was thinking the same thing, I mean, Samus' zair has a lot of hitstun so that gets you some free smashes.

grapekiwi

Smash Rookie
Hey! I actually think Ima go to this.
I'll be sure to wear a sign and meet everyone! hahaha

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I know heysuess is planning on going to this.

By the way, we should make a list for anyone still looking for partners, because I know there are multiple people that haven't found Doubles partners.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Teams already established:
RaveRemix & Lance
GV7 & Stevo
Ominous & Saffy
Silly Kyle & TommyDerMeister
Derpdaberp & Herro
Yummy & Aaven
SmileyFace & Relic
KiraFlax & K9?

Have actually said they are looking for a partner: