• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Dear officers of Smash Club '10-'11,

Let me explain how you reserve rooms online. I think you can even reserve rooms during the summer if you wanted to hold some smash events at UT this summer!

Simply go to this site, http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/sald/events/roomres.php, click "online room application form," and fill out this straightforward form. Good room choices would be WEL 1.316/1.308/3.502, JGB 2.324/2.216, ART 1.102, and UTC 2.102A. (See this pdf for other room ideas.) Remember that, to allow for time to set up before the meeting and move out afterwards, you'll want to set the room reservation times to maybe an hour before and after the planned meeting times. After you submit the form, it takes 2-4 working days for them to assign you a room, so it's best to submit at least a week before the date of reservation. They may change the times or choose a different room depending on what's available when.

If you plan to collect money:
If it is not membership dues, then you are supposed to collect it with the rolled ticketing procedure. However, it should be fine to collect a venue fee with the rolled ticketing procedure and collect tournament entry fees without it. Just remember that you must take all money collected with the ticketing procedure along with unsold tickets to the student organization bank within ten days. So, if you wanted to get pizza or something during the meeting, you cannot purchase it with the venue fees you collect; one of the officers must pay for it and get reimbursed from the club bank account later.

Before you hold any meetings, you guys should decide who will be the authorized banking representatives, add the names to the pink "bank account authorization form" I gave to Edgar, and turn that in to the student org bank. There must be between 2 and 5 banking reps. I recommend you have more than 2 since there's no drawback (it is no longer required for auth banking reps to attend a treasurer's workshop) and that way, when there is a need for somebody to go the bank, it is more likely that one person will be available to do so.

Feel free to contact me if you ever have questions about running the club. You can also find answers on the SALD website and in the student org manual.

One more thing: you guys should check the club email (texas.smash.club@gmail.com, PM me if you forgot the password) periodically, there have been a couple emails asking about the club patiently awaiting a response.

♥,
Clay

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
One more thing: you guys should check the club email (texas.smash.club@gmail.com, PM me if you forgot the password) periodically, there have been a couple emails asking about the club patiently awaiting a response.
yea, be sure to check the email maybe like once a week. i was checking it awhile ago and there are some questions that i wouldnt be able to respond to, since i wouldnt know what ya'll are doing.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
As the Emperor of Smash Club, I've decided to lay a smackdown on the email account. It's just a mess. This will probably entail a wholesale deletion of emails from BC (Before Clay) years, and pruning of irrelevant emails from the Clay era. If you have a problem with this, you can stfu. This is the Edgar Era Epoch. That is all.

<3

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Hello Austin,

I'm finally in Austin if only for a couple months and looking to get in some smash as and when I can. Not sure where or when anything is going on though, I imagine University managed venues would be closed for the summer.

So what is going on, where is it happening, when does it happen, where can I pick up a US GC controller?

Nubz

Smash Rookie
Ok for all of you in austin, SmashFEST at my place tomorrow.
I live in north central austin, not terribly far from campus.

I have two tvs and one set up for melee (game cube)
So yeah id like at least another set up, either for melee or brawl

PHONE: 512 750 7301
PLACE: 2607 Cascade drive
Time: 4-whenever

Lets throw this thing down

Kal

Smash Champion
Dear Emperor Queerno,

You are a ***** *****.

Sincerely,

Darth Khalid

Noc

Smash Journeyman
where can I pick up a US GC controller?
Nintendo is selling platinum GC controllers again! Order from here. I need a new one since the ridges on the control stick of my new white Wii controller rubbed off already. :/
Fry's does not carry the platinum controller (but maybe some time soon?).

Dear Emperor Queerno,

You are a ***** *****.

Sincerely,

Darth Khalid
You're supposed to say "Yes, Master" and do his bidding. If you don't, he will use his Force lightning Falcon electric knee to make an example of you and assert his position as supreme ruler of the galaxy UT smash club.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
It's a good thing I didn't keep my controller in the box then, or so you claim is the culprit.
It was probably a combination of a fault in the durability of my white Wii controller or white Wii controllers in general (saw a review for the white controller on Amazon.com that said his control stick ridges rubbed off quickly too), keeping it in the box (may have rubbed off some on the box interior during transport), and aggressive use (many hours of smash didn't help heh).

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Tirno tyranny = Melee club

I can't believe y'all are actually registered under those titles...
The old smashpublic and Chancellor Kiblertine are gone, Edgar will rule his smashpire with an iron fist and only allow Melee, maybe Smash 64.
Darth Khalid will roam the smashpire and see to it that this rule is enforced, or otherwise meet certain death.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I'm just following rules. If you look under the membership requirement listed on the official UT page, you'll see that it states:

"Membership:
Perform one wavedash."

Read 'em and weep, Brawl players (and 64 players too; sorry, it was a necessary sacrifice).

I didn't make those rules, so don't blame me.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ok for all of you in austin, SmashFEST at my place tomorrow.
I live in north central austin, not terribly far from campus.

I have two tvs and one set up for melee (game cube)
So yeah id like at least another set up, either for melee or brawl

PHONE: 512 750 7301
PLACE: 2607 Cascade drive
Time: 4-whenever

Lets throw this thing down
Anyone going? I'll go if I'm not the only one who's gonna show up.

Nubz

Smash Rookie
Yeah redshadow, i went to yours, and it will be fun! =P

Derkapalooza come to my smashfest! I don't live too far from campus, granted i do need a brawl set up.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Clay and I did a character battle yesterday, its pretty fun.
Inspired by the character battle between Isai and Superboomfan.
Basically each person has access to every character in the game, and you have a set number of stocks for each character. If the loser picks the stage, you're free to change your character, even if you have stocks left over. It makes for some really unusual match-ups.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Yeah redshadow, i went to yours, and it will be fun! =P

Derkapalooza come to my smashfest! I don't live too far from campus, granted i do need a brawl set up.
im interested in going. but i didnt bring my own car to austin. thats why i was hoping there was something going on @ UT lol. but ill see what i can do.

Kal

Smash Champion
Clay and I did a character battle yesterday, its pretty fun.
Inspired by the character battle between Isai and Superboomfan.
Basically each person has access to every character in the game, and you have a set number of stocks for each character. If the loser picks the stage, you're free to change your character, even if you have stocks left over. It makes for some really unusual match-ups.
This sounds fun. Edgar and I should do this.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
One of the awesome things was discovering that I'm actually pretty good with some characters that I never use.
Like G&W, I was owning Clay to the point that he was forced to switch to his main, and even then I still did pretty well.
And then Clay was owning with Charizard, I didn't even know he knew how to use him.
This was all B+, we decided that would be the fairest, cuz Clay would own me in Melee and 64.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
One of the awesome things was discovering that I'm actually pretty good with some characters that I never use.
Like G&W, I was owning Clay to the point that he was forced to switch to his main, and even then I still did pretty well.
And then Clay was owning with Charizard, I didn't even know he knew how to use him.
This was all B+, we decided that would be the fairest, cuz Clay would own me in Melee and 64.
and regular brawl was out the question?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
what Kal said.
Clay tolerates it better, but would much rather play Melee, and is OK with B+.
But I pretty much can't stand the game anymore.

I hope we can still be friends though, pah ha.

MT_

Smash Ace
So now that no one in the club plays Brawl, can we please ban that plague on society from our club? <3<3<3

Kal

Smash Champion
Matt, haven't we gone over not making these sort of comments before? You continue to make these sort of comments in spite of the fact that we've had to deal with complaints about it before. If you're going to make jokes, stick to stupid bull **** about the economized Wendy's chicken nuggets.

Kal

Smash Champion
By the way everyone, I got my recording setup working on my netbook, so we can record any time we play smash. I'm uploading some more videos today to my account today.

Top Bottom