• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Recovery tier list V1.1

PKNintendo

Smash Master
After the brief hiatus of my first recovery tier list, allow me to present V1.1.

Link to original thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196137

Rank S
Metaknight
Jigglypuff
Pit
Rob

Rank A
Kirby
Sonic
Wario
Game and Watch
Lucas
Pikachu

Rank B
King DDD
Toon Link
Luigi
Samus
ZSS
Princess Peach
Lucario
Yoshi

Rank C
Fox
Diddy Kong
Snake
Charizard
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Zelda

Rank D
Squirtle
Marth
Mario
Ness
Captain Falcon
DK
Wolf
Falco
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Link
Ganondorf
Olimar
Ivysaur
Solo Climber
Solo Olimar

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Solo Climber can use Squall to recovery, so yeah...
Also, Sonic is that high? O__o

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yoshi is definatley higher

sure footstool can hurt him, but it almost never happens or wont effect the recovery in most situations

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ivy has a worse recovery then Olimar (if he has is army). Olimar can get people off the ledge with his pikman and call them back with his wistle then grab the edge. Ivy can try to razor leaf them off then tether it but thats a bit harder to pull off.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Ivy has a worse recovery then Olimar (if he has is army). Olimar can get people off the ledge with his pikman and call them back with his wistle then grab the edge. Ivy can try to razor leaf them off then tether it but thats a bit harder to pull off.
Olimar also has good recovery even with no pikmin.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Imo:

Rank D
Marth
DK/Squirtle
Mario
Ness
Captain Falcon
Wolf
Falco
Ike

I moved DK up because his recovery IS good most of the time... unless you get spiked/airdodge accidently and can't get back up...

I think Marths is better than Squirtles, because Marth is more dangerous to gimp...

If this list doesn't contain how easy it is gimped then Squirtles is better than Marths ^^

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario's recovery isn't all that easy to gimp since the only real way you can reliably gimp his Up B is through edgehogging and he can use cape stalling to prevent edgehogging. Also, Mario has many defenses off-stage such as fireballs, FLUDD, and the cape. I don't think Mario should move above Marth but he has the right to be above DK/Squirtle; Mario's recovery distance isn't great but he has powerful defense tools to protect it.

PS: Mario's Up B is a lot like Marth's Up B and is a powerful stage spike even at 0 percent.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff anyone? I agree with jiggly having a good recovery but I wouldn't say second best in the game.

IMO, Pit and Rob are higher then jiggly.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff anyone? I agree with jiggly having a good recovery but I wouldn't say second best in the game.

IMO, Pit and Rob are higher then jiggly.
IDK, rising pounds can take you just about anywhere you want to go. I'd say he's OK where he is, but that's just my opinion.

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
Samus>Luigi, and maybe TL. With TL I think Samus has the advantage because of her homing missiles and how TL has a little time where he is almost motionless instead of samus who keeps going. Small difference, but everything matters.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How the heck is Zelda below Sheik? What does Sheik have besides more invincibility frames at the loss of cancelability, maneuverability and range?

jiggs is a girl *facepalm*
The Jiggz in Smash is a specific Jiggz. And I believe she is referred to as "She" on her Melee trophy at least.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
:/

This is starting out badly. No one here is really giving legit, detailed explanations of why A is better the B, which full understanding of B's recovery. PK Nintendo, please add a link to your previous thread. That one got over 1,000 posts making this list...

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Samus>Luigi, and maybe TL. With TL I think Samus has the advantage because of her homing missiles and how TL has a little time where he is almost motionless instead of samus who keeps going. Small difference, but everything matters.
I agree with this, and think she's higher than Wario, Game and Watch, and Lucas too. She's super floaty and can fire homing missles to the stage, her bomb jump is so good that most Samus mains don't even bother to lay two bombs at once, we just bounce on one. She can get back from almost anywhere if you know what you're doing. Plus, her Up B comes out very fast and can catch a lot of characters before or as their attacking.

Plus she has the tether for more options, and saving herself when flying off the stage horizontally.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sorry Im late. Are you SURE I should move Ivy below Olimar? And Ganondorf over both of them?

Okay I suppose..

K 2

Smash Lord
Lucus is above pikachu? wtf.

Skull Bash + Quick Attack = godly recovery.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
:/

This is starting out badly. No one here is really giving legit, detailed explanations of why A is better the B, which full understanding of B's recovery. PK Nintendo, please add a link to your previous thread. That one got over 1,000 posts making this list...
My opinion.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I'd put ROB over Pit.

Just like Snake, if Pit is grabbed out of his up B, he can't use it again. Not to mention it's slower and laggyer. Also leaves him vulnerable.

Tough though if you include glide and his jumps. wtf is this rated by anyways?

Top Bottom