• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*UPDATED JAN 21* CAST4 Videos (ft. Bam, Silent Wolf, CAOTIC & many others)

chaddd

Smash Lord
FAILURE.

I'm not going to MAIN Fox, I'm going to play him as well as I play all my other characters. It's what Ken did to win, it's what Azen and M2K do to win, it's what I'll do.

And for the record. The money match was for money. Eddie just never gave me the 5 bucks because he didn't have the bill and I didn't have the change so I said f*ck it.

Also for the record, I believe what you guys were talking about was me saying that the Eddie money match ended with me 3 stocking him on Battlefield, at Pound 3 I four stocked Kage on Yoshi's Story in a FRIENDLY, and the last friendly we played ended with me Wizard's Footing Kage for a 3 stock on Dreamland at The Greatest Melee 1.

I rarely rarely rarely rarely "brag", but a lot of the time I find that the smallest mention of anything I feel was an accomplishment in Smash turns into a song and dance about how much of an arrogant f*ck I am, not matter what. So for the record, I'd like to state that the above scenarios are not, in fact, me bragging, as they resulted in 0 dollars shifting ownership, as well as affected absolutely no tournament placements.

Also, I only want a good Fox because I'm sick of Sheik having a Wobbles on me. My Ganon still pwns Fox when I'm awake. Key word there.

Like when I knocked Chillin' into Losers Brackets at Evo. Or the infamous and completely unknown fact that I 3 stocked DaShizWiz on Yoshi's in Brackets at Fast1, no self destructs (still lost the set, Bronson is too good).

"He's talking about events that took place in the past where he didn't lose. WHAT AN ARROGANT D*CK HE'S SO FULL OF HIMSELF."

For the record, Kage is absolutely insane at Smash Melee. That's all that matters, really. Whether he or anyone else could or could not beat me in the past is completely unrelated the what could take place in the future, which is what really matters. Any statement about someone's "skill level" disregards a lot of variables and is actually just someone trying to turn this hobby of mine into a d*ck measuring contest which really isn't cool.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
chaddd ni99a i see you pulling fox out of your hip holster while the big ganon gun is tucked in the back of your belt.
that's what i meant about the eddie match.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i don't think mentioning impressive wins over other impressive players really implies you're an "arrogant ****." i mean, at the level you guys are at, we're talking melee pros. a win is a win and it's more like, here's my resume, i am pretty good. i just wanted more clarification on what really happened.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Like when I knocked Chillin' into Losers Brackets at Evo. Or the infamous and completely unknown fact that I 3 stocked DaShizWiz on Yoshi's in Brackets at Fast1, no self destructs (still lost the set, Bronson is too good).
you beat me in pools, not bracket. completely different

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol. Funny thread is funny.

chaddd did very well vs me at Georgia, though I have to apologize for ******* around in friendlies earlier in the day as I feel like it might have been misleading. I am always impressed with both chaddd and Kage and wish my Ganon could be super ****. :laugh:

chaddd

Smash Lord
i don't think mentioning impressive wins over other impressive players really implies you're an "arrogant ****." i mean, at the level you guys are at, we're talking melee pros. a win is a win and it's more like, here's my resume, i am pretty good. i just wanted more clarification on what really happened.
But you must also realize that the majority of this community isn't as intelligent or open minded as yourself, and that leaves room for dozens and dozens of scrubs spreading gossip almost exactly like what I was talking about.

you beat me in pools, not bracket. completely different
There weren't any pools at Evo World. Double Elimination, Single game brackets matches. And you came up to me afterwards and said you were glad I beat you because that meant I had to play PC instead of you. Remember? I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it. And I don't remember playing pools. I had to play you, PC, Simna, and Chu. I don't remember having to sit down for pools. In fact I think they rushed our tournament pretty horribly. Street Fighter people have no idea how to run Melee tournaments.

Lol. Funny thread is funny.

chaddd did very well vs me at Georgia, though I have to apologize for ******* around in friendlies earlier in the day as I feel like it might have been misleading. I am always impressed with both chaddd and Kage and wish my Ganon could be super ****. :laugh:
No worries. I thought it was implied that we were both f*cking around in those friendlies. I mean, you did use all neutral airs against me one game. :laugh: Either way, regardless of the previous turnout, I can't wait to play you in tournament again, it's always fun no matter what happens.

Lastly I'd like to say:

Cactuar is the greatest Cactus in history.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Vids up, drama down. kthx.

first post almost completely remade. More matches are up, and more are still to come.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Vids up, drama down. kthx.

first post almost completely remade. More matches are up, and more are still to come.

I can tell from your post you didn't even read anyone's, considering the fact that there was no drama. kthx.

chillindude829

Smash Master
There weren't any pools at Evo World. Double Elimination, Single game brackets matches. And you came up to me afterwards and said you were glad I beat you because that meant I had to play PC instead of you. Remember? I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it. And I don't remember playing pools. I had to play you, PC, Simna, and Chu. I don't remember having to sit down for pools. In fact I think they rushed our tournament pretty horribly. Street Fighter people have no idea how to run Melee tournaments.
i think the "pools" were mini brackets, or something. and the top 4 at the end of the mini brackets got into the main bracket

regardless i know i lost to mango and chu in the real bracket, so whatever you beat me in wasn't the real bracket

just to clear things up

chaddd

Smash Lord
i think the "pools" were mini brackets, or something. and the top 4 at the end of the mini brackets got into the main bracket

regardless i know i lost to mango and chu in the real bracket, so whatever you beat me in wasn't the real bracket

just to clear things up
I'm pretty sure you're talking about Top 8 Brackets. In terms of whether or not it was "real", every game at Evo is and always was run like that. You lost to Mango and Chu on the big screen in Top 8, regardless of whether or not you think that bracket was somehow more "real" than the previous one you had to play in to get there.

chillindude829

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you're talking about Top 8 Brackets. In terms of whether or not it was "real", every game at Evo is and always was run like that. You lost to Mango and Chu on the big screen in Top 8, regardless of whether or not you think that bracket was somehow more "real" than the previous one you had to play in to get there.
uhh if you put me in losers then i wouldve been knocked out when mango beat me. but i still played chu afterward. the top 8 bracket was still part of the overall bracket, where i lost to mango in winners and chu in losers. its not triple elim lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol, if you asked me few months ago id have the confidence to **** anyone, but the truth is i just recently got a lot worse and i don't even think im going to win the EC circuit this weekend tbh. I don't think I have a chance of winning anymore, but I def. think my prime would **** anyone. I hardly go to any melee stuff anymore, cuz it makes me worse at brawl, and brawls the bigger game now

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol M2k is still going to win SPOC. Jman will probably give him a run for his money and Cactuars not doing singles. I really dont know who he'd lose to unless Eggm steps it up big time

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
lol, if you asked me few months ago id have the confidence to **** anyone, but the truth is i just recently got a lot worse and i don't even think im going to win the EC circuit this weekend tbh. I don't think I have a chance of winning anymore, but I def. think my prime would **** anyone. I hardly go to any melee stuff anymore, cuz it makes me worse at brawl, and brawls the bigger game now
dude you always have an excuse for loosing...just shut up and do what you want to do.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
wow but i didn't even lose in melee since pound3 lol but i do feel like im getting worse recently because Scar and pakman just came over and i had like no tech skill at all and it was hard to fight back. Of course, I'm forbidden to post anything on smashboards without someone saying that. I don't think I'm that good now, I just think I used to be really good. I'd prolly get ***** right now.

chaddd

Smash Lord
wow but i didn't even lose in melee since pound3 lol but i do feel like im getting worse recently because Scar and pakman just came over and i had like no tech skill at all and it was hard to fight back. Of course, I'm forbidden to post anything on smashboards without someone saying that. I don't think I'm that good now, I just think I used to be really good. I'd prolly get ***** right now.
Giving up Melee for Brawl is just going to make you feel dumb when 10 years from now everyone still plays it and all the Brawl scrubs are tired of losing just like they did in Melee.

I mean, look at Marvel vs Capcom 2, almost at the 10 year mark now and it's still $5000 to first at Evo.

The game with the most depth and the least retardedness stays with us. That's why every still plays Super Turbo after almost two decades.

uhh if you put me in losers then i wouldve been knocked out when mango beat me. but i still played chu afterward. the top 8 bracket was still part of the overall bracket, where i lost to mango in winners and chu in losers. its not triple elim lol
Like I said, I might be wrong, but after I played you I had to play PC, and then had to play Chu for the top 8 spot. Top 8 had it's own set of rules. I don't know how it worked but I don't remember any pools. Either way, we played and that was the turnout. Everything else is pretty much unrelated since it doesn't change anything now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just keep in check, it shouldn't be hard to **** people anyhow. =)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
heh, I would be the one to give motivation indeed.. but ya if only I had a car or something.... this issue keeps coming back at me more and more these days.

Anyways.. motivation? Well I suppose just think about the Boston tournament and how many people you will **** under your foot? lol.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no i meant come and play me lol

edit - me and jman have both been having this problem with our C sticks. Like 1/10 times we try to do a Bair, it turns into an Uair. It messes up our edge guards randomly from that, and we both don't know why it happens. Wendel (BrawlLover [it's a joke name]) also said he has that problem. Is it in my head? cuz I don't think it is.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

edit - me and jman have both been having this problem with our C sticks. Like 1/10 times we try to do a Bair, it turns into an Uair. It messes up our edge guards randomly from that, and we both don't know why it happens. Wendel (BrawlLover [it's a joke name]) also said he has that problem. Is it in my head? cuz I don't think it is.
It would be an honor. I was just figuring out a way to go to your place in my head. lol. If only it was so simple... Anyways, next big tournament I want to friendly or having a small MM or something.

I don't know about the C-stick thing..

chaddd

Smash Lord

It's your controller going garbage on you. It's happened to me a LOT. Only it got so bad that it started doing up airs instead of everything.

Time for a new one.

chaddd

Smash Lord
chaddd you better be kidding me I've been using this one since Georgia like almost a year ago lol. I don't want to break in a new one.
I wish I was but the solder points in the Gamecube controllers, especially for the C-stick, since it's attached to the circuit board using only wires, aren't very well done.

But I never understood the concept of breaking a controller in. I know that they wear down, but I always felt as though any functional controller could be used as precisely as a brand new one. And I always felt like new ones are more responsive than any one I've worn down. Of course, I only know one other person who feels the same way about that.

Actually, the only problems I've ever had with a controller are when the Joystick is too tight from grit or when the L-button sticks when you're trying to push it down.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Mew2King, you might actually be able to swap out the C-stick part without having to break in a new controller. There's two different models of 1st party gamecube controllers, and for one of them the wires from the C-stick part are soldered to the controller, and for the other model they go to a plug in the board. So if you have the right kind of controller you should be able to replace the defunct c-stick, provided you can find another similar controller. Which model you have is determined by how old the controller is...if you see controllers in stores nowadays, the silver and black ones tend to be new and the blue ones tend to be the old model. Unfortunately I don't remember which is which as it's been a long time since I've taken apart a controller.

I just found a picture that confirms this--the old controllers are the ones with swappable C-stick part.

If your controller isn't blue you are most likely out of luck unless you bought it a really long time ago. I don't know why this is but every blue controller I have taken apart is like the one in this pic while every silver / black one is new. I think most likely Nintendo stopped manufacturing the blue ones when they switched to the newer (and inferior, IMO) model, but some blue controllers still remain on shelves. So I think all blue controllers are old, but only some silver / black ones are old. This is my hypothesis, it's based on a very limited data set, the controllers I've taken apart personally + pictures I've seen, and as such could be somewhat (or completely) incorrect.

If you have the old controller just track down another old controller with a functional C-stick and swap them out.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
all of the controllers that i've taken apart, regardless of color, have been like that <_<
i guess it's just old controllers in general.
m2k, say hi to wendell for me, and i kuld ttly orgnz a dreiv 2 maw2kanz hous evant 4 ga
liek
4riil

but i could. I like roadtrips and my car isn't dead yet

Top Bottom