• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

altairian

Smash Lord
Oh my god I'm learning melee. I expected some AT's to be harder to learn than they are. I'm dumb and trying to play fox though, get at my next to no tech skill fox

hubble

Smash Ace
You cant play fox, I'm the only pure fox main in WNY. And thats the way it should be.

This region is a bunch of **** ups.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
You might want to update the OP Goggles. I play just as much Fox as I do Falco these days, and it's only a matter of time before he's my secondary instead of Fox. Plus this list doesn't really have input from other people. Like TheGeneral is better than you. He may not beat you per say, but he is certainly better than as he exhibits a deeper understanding of the game, and is able to apply it in a more efficient manner. This is based purely for singles though, as sadly you are one of the better teams players because of your devious opportunism.

Foy

Smash Champion
You might want to update the OP Goggles. I play just as much Fox as I do Falco these days, and it's only a matter of time before he's my secondary instead of Fox. Plus this list doesn't really have input from other people. Like TheGeneral is better than you. He may not beat you per say, but he is certainly better than as he exhibits a deeper understanding of the game, and is able to apply it in a more efficient manner. This is based purely for singles though, as sadly you are one of the better teams players because of your devious opportunism.
Words. This kid is bottom tier in my opinion.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
technically he's eastern, as he's from albany. =P

***** you need to cut it out with the rochester hate.

and if steve was better than me, he would place higher than me. he doesnt. had he been at SS2, he might have due to the high amount of stupidly good oos people that came, which is what led to minh and goodies placing higher than myself and AC.

but with the sparce amount of tourneys that we have, you dont get to hold the status you have, if you dont show up. unfortunately, you cant be assumed to keep your skill level, or gotten better if you dont show up to the tourneys.

steve is about 5 times more technically skilled at this game than I am, but minh and goodies are madd technical too, but that doesnt stop tsai from being better than all of us and ****** people. and he cant even wavedash out of shield.

this list isnt about who are the 10 most technical people in the region, if it was like that, top 5 would probably be jesse, mana, steve, foy and burak or somethign like that, but being technical is only a base, and what matters is you functionally apply the things that you do know in game.

screw you guys, im sorry that i cant waveshine and do cool flashy stuff, and that supposedly only wins because he can kill you in 5 hits, or whatever johns you want to spew for me getting the tourney placings that I do. And im sorry that you all think im inflating myself on the list just because I was the proprietor of this idea. fact is that im not, and maybe if you guys werent so obvious and blatent in your disdain for me, my character, my playstyle and whatever else, to the point where it obviously clouds your judgement, maybe i would include you in the process

in short, lick my balls. im better than you, and your friend that you like more than me, and if you got problems, get better.

Sharky

Smash Master

***** you need to cut it out with the rochester hate.
um....what? I'm definitely not hating rochester. It's a fact, Albany is on the eastern side of NY. Take a look at the map and you'll see that, lol. What I do hate is that some of you guys insist on calling everything that isn't part of NYC Western New York. I'm Syracuse, I'm Central. Alt's Albany, he's Eastern. Zhenkai and people up there count as upstate. It's geography, get used to it lol.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Anything below top 3 for melee is hazy because people don't go to tournaments enough. Consistency is a huge factor.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Wow goggles finally sticking up for himself in melee. I always thought he was the most underrated melee player in this region

Edit: Manalord! I go to tons of tournaments! :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
um....what? I'm definitely not hating rochester. It's a fact, Albany is on the eastern side of NY. Take a look at the map and you'll see that, lol. What I do hate is that some of you guys insist on calling everything that isn't part of NYC Western New York. I'm Syracuse, I'm Central. Alt's Albany, he's Eastern. Zhenkai and people up there count as upstate. It's geography, get used to it lol.

nobody does that anymore.

everyone just calls it upstate, and i call it NYS. nobody even say western new york because you and cura starting getting so anal about it.

only time i ever hear western new york is when me or neil is talking about wny DI

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
NY geography is gay as hell. WNY is roch and buf, CNY is cuse, true upstate is like adirondack region where zhenaki lives and me when im home, then albany is capital region then nyc area is nyc area

so we divide it by NYC and NYS. We are NYS. they are NYC.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
anyone who watches me matches know i have amazing survival di with captain falcon and recover a lot

di is so easy this region learn it up go read faqs

altairian

Smash Lord
You cant play fox, I'm the only pure fox main in WNY. And thats the way it should be.

This region is a bunch of **** ups.
Don't worry, it's not even worth saying I main a character with my current skill level at melee ;)
Besides, I mained fox in melee in the time before AT's had really been discovered, I think I have a right to main him again now that I've started playing it again 6 years later :o

im still gonna call it wny di, because as far as brawl goes, me, neil, and hulk are the only ones who have it.
lolwut? ...nevermind, not even worth it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
updated i'm going to bed. i can't wait to hear the complainers come out!!!!

EDIT: neils mine next tournament. calling it. i beat zosos sheik in tournament match. his marth wouldnt scratch me and his jiggs pffff ill camp if that happens. neils taking off in brawl tho. hes gonna **** this region 100% and beat out of area players easily soon imo i saw some really good mindgames from him at ss2

double edit: zelda zelda zelda zelda

Sharky

Smash Master

nobody does that anymore.

everyone just calls it upstate, and i call it NYS. nobody even say western new york because you and cura starting getting so anal about it.

only time i ever hear western new york is when me or neil is talking about wny DI
my original comment was about hubble calling albany WNY, and you came in talking about rochester hate. This is where the confusion/annoyance comes into play.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Foy, what I want you to do,

take all the time that you spend posting on smashboards, take all the time you spend thinking of random stupid shiz to say, take all the time you spend worrying about where you are going to poop. and actually practice the game.

I mean at least I back up MOST of what I say...

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman

take all the time that you spend posting on smashboards, take all the time you spend thinking of random stupid shiz to say, take all the time you spend worrying about where you are going to poop. and actually practice the game.

I told Burak this about Foy too. You only get good at trolling if that is all you do.

Foy

Smash Champion

You hate on me so much on smashboards. But i love you in real life. Mountain training only gets me so far. =[ It sucks. Like when Im at jesses playing im decent and what not. But then when i come back to my house I lose all my people playing skills. Its dumb.
I told Burak this about Foy too. You only get good at trolling if that is all you do.
Nice name cockbag. ViciousEnd of your 2 inch pecker. In a ****ing Blender.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. You hate on me so much on smashboards. But i love you in real life. 2. Mountain training only gets me so far. =[ It sucks. 3. Like when Im at jesses playing im decent and what not. But then when i come back to my house I lose all my people playing skills. Its dumb.

4. Nice name cockbag. ViciousEnd of your 2 inch pecker. In a ****ing Blender.

1. because when we chilll in real life, youre actually playing the game.

2. it should get you past zelda at least...

3. thats because you dont practice at home. and thus lose all your tech skill.

4. that was time you could have spent perfecting your hand off grabs. see what i mean?

all in all, this is why brawl is better, because you can get better at home with nobody to play with thanks to wifi.

in other news.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409

Top Bottom