• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

US Brawl State Tier List

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lol guys, I made the list based off the PR directory thread, so that's why some old states are in there. So sorry about that lol.

Coney

Smash Master
the problem is that there are a bunch of states that have one or two really good people and it's hard to compare them

top tier is perfect imo, at least in terms of who's in it, and is probably the only one that matters. as you go from 5-13 you find less and less top players in each region

states like illinois and kansas are real sleepers with very talented, usually forgotten players. georgia/alabama being together includes reflex, biglou and some other big names, which is probably more than louisiana's two (hyro and lee, and i'm pretty sure lee quit)

this kinda stuff is too difficult to do well, it'd be better to just do a top 10/top 5 if you'll insist on doing it at all

btw while i think ny/nj is indisputable best, the next three could be hotly debated.

Man, Puerto Rico isn't even a state

Much less a free state, like any of the bottom low tier states around it.

:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

Coney

Smash Master
not really in terms of stuff like that, no

like san is amazing but i wouldn't suggest him alone would put upstate NY over texas

but kansas has mjg, zeton, etc. and illinois has kain, arty, etc, in/ky has a few good players, who's better between them? too difficult to say

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Count is probably the best current player in INKY. Followed by Krys/Judo.

Though... Kel is probably the best/second best now since he and Kass are in KY now.

Cassio

Smash Master
No one seems to care about this, lol. It could probably be done better though, Ill wait till this one dies.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Guys please don't take this thread the wrong way, seriously lol.

I just get tired of smashers constantly talking about stuff that hasn't been discussed or documented like there's a thread around.

There's always discussion about like which state is good, and which is bad. Or how good a player is with a character and how bad another is. As if there is a thread where people have discussed such matters. Well here ya go.

This thread ranks states and top 5 ranks characters. Now we can actually refer to something even if it's not completely accurate yet.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
not really in terms of stuff like that, no

like san is amazing but i wouldn't suggest him alone would put upstate NY over texas

but kansas has mjg, zeton, etc. and illinois has kain, arty, etc, in/ky has a few good players, who's better between them? too difficult to say

Not that i meant upstate NY would be in the top, but that kind of accomplishment is hard for an area to top in the similiar spots of upstate NY to match yeh?

Its hard to value... A small elite group or a bigger group that is moderate, or like san, a one man army.

:phone:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Zak, being lower half/bottom of mid isn't too much of a stretch, right? I mean, pikapika was able to give you a tough time, too back last time you guys played.

We have around 5 good players, and a few more decent ones with potential. Me, Pikapika, Dr. G, K.I.D. Goggles, and Cura can do decently and beat some good people now and then. It just sucks that at half the nationals we attended, I had to take some of those guys out of losers.

And Washington is way too low, also. I played Felix and Nerd, and they're both really great. There's also Jem, and a few other guys there too.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Uhh, he never really placed too well last time he went to a tournament. I think I had to play him first round.

Coney

Smash Master
Zak, being lower half/bottom of mid isn't too much of a stretch, right? I mean, pikapika was able to give you a tough time, too back last time you guys played.

We have around 5 good players, and a few more decent ones with potential. Me, Pikapika, Dr. G, K.I.D. Goggles, and Cura can do decently and beat some good people now and then. It just sucks that at half the nationals we attended, I had to take some of those guys out of losers.

And Washington is way too low, also. I played Felix and Nerd, and they're both really great. There's also Jem, and a few other guys there too.
oh no, of course not, i'm not saying upper NY isn't talented, but even with your strong players and your own personal accomplishments, i'd say texas is still the better region. forgive me if i misspoke, i know yall are legit. and yeah, both your and washington's placements are a bit janky

agreed with the washington point, by the way. played a few of them @ mlg dc and they're very, very good. but again, so are the other people i mentioned, and it's just very hard to compare top players to one another when they aren't under considerable exposure. so you have to look at numbers, and looking at numbers, the top four regions have considerably more top players and national threats than any region below them.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Who the ****s from illinois?? LOL

Northern California? More like not southern california

Ohio? Pretty awesome...god kais all day everyday...but we're still better bahaha

I think I have heard of new england...but average if anythign lol

I say Louisiana is right under MD/VA...but I think MD/VA should be bottom of upper class with us at top of middle class. We got lee, me, jnig, ran, cyphus, nick, sudai....that lineup would ****ing **** anyone lol

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
The US has 27 states???

You should have a Roll Tier for places without scenes, and an
"Crappy Undesicive Protectorates"
So Puerto Rico can have it's own tier :3

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Colorado not trying to offend you or anything but do you guys even go to OOS tourneys and if so is it for melee, brawl or both and how far do you guys go just curious?
Bees got top three behind Dakpo and Dekar at a 30-man tourney in New Mexico like, a few weeks ago. I mean, we never ever play but we're not free. Plus we have Fishbait! He's kind of a big wheel down at the wifi ladder thing.

Don't take Spelt seriously. He posts a lot, but he's bad and doesn't play. He's our worst possible representative. xD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
oh no, of course not, i'm not saying upper NY isn't talented, but even with your strong players and your own personal accomplishments, i'd say texas is still the better region. forgive me if i misspoke, i know yall are legit. and yeah, both your and washington's placements are a bit janky

agreed with the washington point, by the way. played a few of them @ mlg dc and they're very, very good. but again, so are the other people i mentioned, and it's just very hard to compare top players to one another when they aren't under considerable exposure. so you have to look at numbers, and looking at numbers, the top four regions have considerably more top players and national threats than any region below them.
Agree 100%. No reason to compare us to Texas at all.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
This thread sucks. PR isnt even a state and we shouldnt be so low.It would be cool if u could put us in free tier so that someone from the states saw it and come "take our money". I would like to see that. If u havent been to a region or havent played against any of its top players, u probably shouldn't talk about it.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
This thread sucks. PR isnt even a state and we shouldnt be so low.It would be cool if u could put us in free tier so that someone from the states saw it and come "take our money". I would like to see that. If u havent been to a region or havent played against any of its top players, u probably shouldn't talk about it.

Unless you're Isai lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
the problem is that there are a bunch of states that have one or two really good people and it's hard to compare them
This. A good example is Utah.

Pretty much X.

Upstate NY has San, bur dont forget dr.G, cura, and pikpika are there.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Don't take Spelt seriously. He posts a lot, but he's bad and doesn't play. He's our worst possible representative. xD
Pretty much that. He is awful. Don't even know why he is on a forum for a game that he can't even justify playing because he can't play it(or anything for that matter). Stop being an ****** Spelt.
Also this is a glorified popularity contest/troll thread with a stunning lack of geography.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Whoa, OR above WA? WA has Felix and Jem, who are at the very least more consistent than our top OR players. They're pretty underrated on this list in general.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This. A good example is Utah.

Pretty much X.

Upstate NY has San, bur dont forget dr.G, cura, and pikpika are there.
Your welcome to come down to Utah and not get top 5 whenever you want.

The US has 27 states???

You should have a Roll Tier for places without scenes, and an
"Crappy Undesicive Protectorates"
So Puerto Rico can have it's own tier :3

I like these posts. :)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
on second thought, not worth it.
please continue the salt/denial fest.
it's what colorado is best at.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Add Nevada please. The state as a whole doesn't have a smash scene everywhere, but we have Vegas! FOW, SK92, Z hwaiting

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I say Louisiana is right under MD/VA...but I think MD/VA should be bottom of upper class with us at top of middle class. We got lee, me, jnig, ran, cyphus, nick, sudai....that lineup would ****ing **** anyone lol
MD/VA has enough high level players to hold our own. I think we would outright beat anyone below us to merit being put into high tier.

Not saying we're better than anyone above us though. We don't have those kind of results yet.

xD

Top Bottom