• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use up to 8000+ lines of codes at a time using new Gecko

D

Deleted member

It still doesn't work for me and I aslo got notified by other PAL users that it doesn't work.
I'll see if I can find any corrections to it, but I need to know (it would be handy rather) which part is NTSC, *** and PAL.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
There are two folders, DOL and HBC. Get "main.dol" out of the DOL folder and put it into the same folder that boot.elf is in (which is in HBC/gecko os). Delete boot.elf, and rename "main.dol" to "boot.dol".

Problem solved.

^^^probably should be in the op?

GPDP

Smash Ace
There are two folders, DOL and HBC. Get "main.dol" out of the DOL folder and put it into the same folder that boot.elf is in (which is in HBC/gecko os). Delete boot.elf, and rename "main.dol" to "boot.dol".

Problem solved.

You don't need to do this. boot.elf works fine.

shanus

Smash Hero

Problem solved.

easier method:unzipped gecko1901 folder is a folder hbc . Drag the folder inside the Hbc folder into your apps folder

Almas

Smash Lord
Gecko supports region-free games, but not backups. It is closed source, and thus will never be modified to support backups.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
So this is pretty much the end method for loading codes, right? Is it 8000+ but still less than 9000? You wouldn't think they'd pass up an opportunity to say it's over 9000 :D

walter01

Smash Cadet
so, do we only need to do one of the methods? is the double gct optional? or is it needed, i was under the impression that just that first gameconfig.txt thing would take away code restrictions (sry im really noob at this XD)

Almas

Smash Lord
Just the gameconfig.txt modification is necessary.

Sketch, if desired, the line limit could be raised to any value up to around 20,000 quite safely. That said, I plan to keep it at 8192 so that I can use the other room for neatly filing the Brawl+ physics engine data so that I can run more efficient search algorithms. The end result is a much more happy Wii, free to spend it's valuable resources on other things.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Just wondering, what makes this REQUIRED for the new b+ betas? If I try and use double gct/snapshot method will it not work at all? Just wondering.. because I use a USB Loader with cheat support but I dont think it runs off the new gecko code.

Revven

FrankerZ
Double GCT isn't recommended because some codes don't work for the double GCT. You're welcome to use the snapshot method though.

D

Deleted member

Just wondering, what makes this REQUIRED for the new b+ betas? If I try and use double gct/snapshot method will it not work at all? Just wondering.. because I use a USB Loader with cheat support but I dont think it runs off the new gecko code.
snapshot works fine. GHNeko also uses a USB loader and if I'm not mistaken he uses snapshots.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm surprised it even loaded for you using doubleGCT.

You need to use 1.09 Gecko or Snapshots to get these codes to work. It is far easier to use 1.09 though lol

walter01

Smash Cadet
again, sry for the noob question, but the thread titled "Snapshot Hacking, the easy way! Maestro's guide to breaking GeckoOS's 256-line limit" had a link to here saying the code for snapshot hacking was in this thread, which one is it? i have all the codes downloaded but none of them work

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Yeah I would definitely use 1.09 if my brawl disc worked. It did on the old geckoOS if I spammed the **** out of start game while getting repeating "can't read dvd" errors, but the new geckoOS does TWO checks on the disc before it loads apparently. So basically there's like less than a 1% chance of my wii being able to read the disc that way.

I'm getting corrupted errors on my snapshots i'm trying to make though >_> great..

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to get this to work. I have gameconfig in the root of the SD, I switched boot.elf for boot.dol, and have Gecko 1.9.0.1.

I just can't see what is going on, I try to run the game and it still said that it is over the line limit.:confused:

Revven

FrankerZ
I can't seem to get this to work. I have gameconfig in the root of the SD, I switched boot.elf for boot.dol, and have Gecko 1.9.0.1.

I just can't see what is going on, I try to run the game and it still said that it is over the line limit.:confused:
The bolded is your problem, you're not supposed to switch the boot.elf for anything, the .elf works fine.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
again, sry for the noob question, but the thread titled "Snapshot Hacking, the easy way! Maestro's guide to breaking GeckoOS's 256-line limit" had a link to here saying the code for snapshot hacking was in this thread, which one is it? i have all the codes downloaded but none of them work
yeahhh...Y.S. deleted the snapshot codes when the double-gct method came out

if you have ntsc brawl, you can use the snapshot codes found here: http://www.mediafire.com/Maestro26
Under 'Universal Codes'

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
The bolded is your problem, you're not supposed to switch the boot.elf for anything, the .elf works fine.
Well, I did that and it still isn't working. Just to make sure, it doesn't matter wheter the gameconfig file says RSB? or RSBE, right?

Also, I forgot to mention that I did take the .TXT off of gameconfig.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, still isn't working. Does this have any advantage over the SD Loader code?

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess I'll just forget it for now. I'll try it again when I actually need it.

Top Bottom