• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The SF4 community is actually bigger than the brawl scene, Kenny. And that's only counting people who post lol.

Brawl is even smaller than what Melee used to be.

DZLE

Smash Master
I am going to start a Mario Party scene. Anyone esle interested?
Mario party lol fail

Brawl+ doesnt seem appealing to me, if i want a game like melee i will play melee.
Haha jk i know its different than that. I will try anything once.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Not going to lie, I dont really have a lot of time on my hands to play multiple games competitively. Brawl? Its easy to get into. Melee? It was to play and everything, but I never had time to devote to it (let alone get a chance to own the game period. Brawl falls into the same category.)

I come to the tourneys to have fun, heck, ya'll know i don't come with any serious intent to win. I mean, from all the tourneys that I've been to I've easily chucked in over 50$ with little financial compensation.

But if things like brawl teams are taken out, or even brawl singles? I'm probably not going to show up to many more tourneys. Its fun to mess around with other games that are there, but its really brawl that brings me. Call me lame or whatnot, but /end opinion.

Which is what this is. Nothing more. (Not saying opinions are nothing.)
It just saddens me to see people blow so much time into a game that everyone CLEARLY KNOWS its bad when this could easily be a huge scene with SF or even just Melee again.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Not going to lie, I dont really have a lot of time on my hands to play multiple games competitively. Brawl? Its easy to get into. Melee? It was to play and everything, but I never had time to devote to it (let alone get a chance to own the game period. Brawl falls into the same category.)

I come to the tourneys to have fun, heck, ya'll know i don't come with any serious intent to win. I mean, from all the tourneys that I've been to I've easily chucked in over 50$ with little financial compensation.

But if things like brawl teams are taken out, or even brawl singles? I'm probably not going to show up to many more tourneys. Its fun to mess around with other games that are there, but its really brawl that brings me. Call me lame or whatnot, but /end opinion.

Waff just owned some Gojira
o-o 2 people already? -sheds a tear- the dream for competitive mario party is coming true
oh and gangsta. can you please send me all the codes for brawl plus? my wii works now and i have homebrew again. but yeah once you get this either pm me the codes, or text me 801 4718231
and we can like talk lol

C!Z

Smash Lord
I bet Ken at least 3 stocks that kid lol.

So I'll be back in May for sure to visit possibly earlier but May is a definite, so practice up ****es lol. I hope there's a tourney when I come out but if there's less than a 15 attendance list for it then I probably won't come, and if I do I'll only be accepting MM's.

Gojira

Smash Lord

I am sad to see this. Here is the thing though. Our brawl scene is already shrinking and the game has not even been out for a year. We are already having turnouts of 10-15 instead of the scenes peak of around 40. This is why we need to embrace a different game if we want our gaming community to keep thriving and the SF scene being an obvious choice.

I am not pointing a gun at peoples faces saying PLAY SF4 or DIE! SF4 is not everyones cup of tea and thats fine. However, Brawl is dying already and will be gone soon. Not because the game is bad, but because the turnouts are not worth the time.

OK, I am still accepting Mario Party applications for the Utah Mario party crew. please send me a PM if you are interested.

DZLE

Smash Master

So I'll be back in May for sure to visit possibly earlier but May is a definite, so practice up ****es lol. I hope there's a tourney when I come out but if there's less than a 15 attendance list for it then I probably won't come, and if I do I'll only be accepting MM's.
I will MM you if you come. Melee.
I have come a long way since i entered that pnt tourney as "sex" before i even started playing, and you completely ***** me.
Such a long way, yet I will still get *****.
BUT!
Come may i will be even further along
MM!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

LOL, me 3 stocking someone? I suck.

When you come back to visit we should have a huge smashfest, as well as a tourney.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I have to say different, I get many people who come to the weeklies at PnT and have asked me for E-mails with info about our bigger tournies just in the past week. The reason that our numbers are shrinking is because people are moving. And many of our good players will be going on their LDS mission this year, so they would be gone for Brawl or any sort of competitive scene.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Smash 4 would be announced by the time everyone comes back.
I don't know how much longer Brawl could hold until then. LOL

But yeah, if new people show up for UST and ToF, it'll prolong its life just a bit longer.
But like Waff, I mainly come to these for fun and hang out with fellow smashers.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Waff just owned some Gojira

oh and gangsta. can you please send me all the codes for brawl plus? my wii works now and i have homebrew again. but yeah once you get this either pm me the codes, or text me 801 4718231
and we can like talk lol
yeah man heres the codes lol im not sure when i can play this week tho, ill try to get on i got a school project tho ._. ill text ya in a while if i can play

http://www.codecrater.com/brawlplus/

i use kupos set

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The point is not to kill brawl, but to revive Melee and introduce everyone to different games. In the long run it's very bad for you to be completely stuck on one game. There are plenty of smashers in Utah who could prove that with themselves as an example. The majority, even though it doesn't look like it.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I am sad to see this. Here is the thing though. Our brawl scene is already shrinking and the game has not even been out for a year. We are already having turnouts of 10-15 instead of the scenes peak of around 40. This is why we need to embrace a different game if we want our gaming community to keep thriving and the SF scene being an obvious choice.

I am not pointing a gun at peoples faces saying PLAY SF4 or DIE! SF4 is not everyones cup of tea and thats fine. However, Brawl is dying already and will be gone soon. Not because the game is bad, but because the turnouts are not worth the time.

OK, I am still accepting Mario Party applications for the Utah Mario party crew. please send me a PM if you are interested.
What is SF4?

Also I have been trying to get a lot of my friends into the smash scene. I have gotten 3 and maybe one more that will start coming. We just need everybody to invite as many people as they can.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Way to be spudz. I still want to run that tourney at PnT in Orem, just for the fact that there will be a lot of new faces there. Since Anonano won't be able to do it anymore, I think I'll try to get a hold of that manager and see if we can set a different date.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Smash 4 would be announced by the time everyone comes back.
OBJECTION!!

heres the thing if we all leave this year 2009 then we come back in 2 years 2011

melee came out when the gamecube was released 2001

nintendo announced they had a team working on the next smashbros in 2005
a trailer with the new name was released in 2006
the dojo went up in late 2006
brawl came out in 2008

2001-2005/6/8
2008-2012/13/15

mwahaahha i win

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I guess I was a little off, give or take a few years.

But my statement still stands.
Well... not anymore it doesn't since it's disproved.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
OBJECTION!!

heres the thing if we all leave this year 2009 then we come back in 2 years 2011

melee came out when the gamecube was released 2001

nintendo announced they had a team working on the next smashbros in 2005
a trailer with the new name was released in 2006
the dojo went up in late 2006
brawl came out in 2008

2001-2005/6/8
2008-2012/13/15

mwahaahha i win
Actually, if you want to get technical, the Dojo went up a week or so after Brawl was announced May 11, 2006 with the official E3 trailer. It updated only the new characters, ending with Snake sometime that June. They didn't update again until MID-2007, near the end of May, and updated until after Brawl came out.

...........Jeez, I know too much pointless s***

Sucks you can't make it Vazor. I've been trying Melee, and I wanted to practice with you...

Sada

Smash Cadet
I'll be going to this one along with my friend, but the front page already has us as going, which I don't think was updated.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I forgot, Lanky has work on Thursday so he can't practice Melee in the PnT tourneys.
That's not quite set in motion....

Lately, yes, I've been getting night shifts on Thursdays, but I'm still trying to sneak in one 6 hour shift, intstead of two shifts so I can go to those.

Then again, I could just finish everything early and get there to practice for an hour or so.

EDIT: Came across something....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRBayWRsCU

In the vid, I saw one of the player's tag was "Dai", and I was like, is this our dave? I don't think so, but it was kinda cool...

One day though, I'm gonna learn how to play like that!

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
When you say that the brawl scene is "already shrinking" I think its reasonable to say that the blame lies (at least partially) with tournament organizers who don't really care for the game itself. Limiting the availability of Brawl will do nothing but harm its scene.

Sort of the opposite is being done with the Melee scene. FTS, as well as you and a couple others are strongly pushing for melee, out of personal preference? Because its fun? I dunno. But in doing so its squashing the Brawl scene.

It DOES kinda feels like you guys are forcing other games on the brawl players, I mean dropping brawl for other games... /end opinion.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Waff you have inspired me, I will now put up several more advertisments for ToF.

Edit: most likely not this weekends one though because it is so soon, but they will be up right away for next month.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'll join the mario party scene but it depends on which one you play. I'll only join if it's the 1st or 2nd. If it's any of the other games in the series i won't play because the games become progressively janky and have 100,000 more random things happening in them.

Also anyone down for a Mario Kart DS scene???? Snaking ftw Peach in the Egg Kart!!!!! Over 1000 wins and less than 50 losses. BRING IT NOOBS!!!.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
When you say that the brawl scene is "already shrinking" I think its reasonable to say that the blame lies (at least partially) with tournament organizers who don't really care for the game itself. Limiting the availability of Brawl will do nothing but harm its scene.

Sort of the opposite is being done with the Melee scene. FTS, as well as you and a couple others are strongly pushing for melee, out of personal preference? Because its fun? I dunno. But in doing so its squashing the Brawl scene.

It DOES kinda feels like you guys are forcing other games on the brawl players, I mean dropping brawl for other games... /end opinion.
You already have 8 brawl tournies per month, and it's only dropping by one. Melee barely even gets one, and has plenty of people voting for 2.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I wouldn't count the weeklies as tourneys. They only get like 6-8 people there on average and the entry is only $1 and there are times where we just bag the tourney all together. So it's just basically a group of people getting together to smash. Plus, there is always a melee TV for people to play on here as well.

Hardly anyone even plays melee, so by dropping a brawl event for a melee event is only going to lower the attendance. There has always been a TV for melee, which has been enough for those few who actually prefer to play melee instead. Do what you want, but I'm siding with waff on this one.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
id like to know where this idea that brawl is shrinking came about, i mean the peoplewho i can think of who left were just missions(which is already expected for utah) Dai-a is the only one who comes to mind, but i dont think he is leaving utah for the smash scene elsewhere, is he?

Top Bottom