• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Ken's not mediocre.....he's got some good combos for people who KNOW how to use him (pretty hard to find)....

Also, learn to defend against spamming srk Kens. All you need to do is block and punish close up. I could help you later on in the week when I have a day off. If you have it on 360, add Demolisho.

*edit*
That's if you were playing a spammer.

DZLE

Smash Master
I am a proud gouken main. havent seen anyone else play him online or off. heh
pretty sure im gonna make it to the next bust

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Too bad Gouken is banned for tournament play....

And shotos are ALWAYS top tier >.<.

Glad that I main Fei, with a little ken on the side for the gay Sagats.

And FTS, I could get active, but I'm barely active here. Maybe I should.......

*edit*

How did I go from 700 to 91 posts?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lol ur kinda right there xD everyone on ranked online is either chun, ken, ryu, or akuma

its like repeating mirror matches ._.
Nothing wrong with Shotos really. Just try not to pick another one as a secondary.
Too bad Gouken is banned for tournament play....
No he isn't. Don't assume.
And shotos are ALWAYS top tier >.<.
I can't tell if that was sarcasm, but they're not. Only Akuma in Super Turbo has top and V-ism Akuma in A3, for obvious reasons...
Closest they get to top is upper tier.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Nothing wrong with Shotos really. Just try not to pick another one as a secondary.

No he isn't. Don't assume.

No they're not. Only Akuma in Super Turbo has top, for obvious reasons...
Closest they get to top is upper tier.
Too bad I know what I'm talking about. Tell me one SF game where there wasn't a Shoto being top/high tier (I understand interpretation is in the air)

3rd strike........Ken
SSFII (any incarnation of SFII really)...........Akuma banned, ryu on the top tier
SFIV.........what's that? Ryu's second on the current tier? O really?

Gouken and Seth ARE already banned/or/ being discussed about being banned in most tournament threads, no assuming here. Preemptive bans already happened for both of these characters.

Look it up if you have to.

Seth for obvious reasons, and Gouken thanks to his counter to all jumps, which is basically a perfect Shoryuken which opens up to deadly combos. Also his damage taking/dealing is ****ing crazy.

*edit*
http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...0699/Gouken_banned_in_tournaments?num=10&pg=2
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=165001
http://www.neoempire.com/?p=1678

Also, look up Seth Killian's interview. If some tournament org/group you've heard of hasn't already put a light ban on gouken/seth at this point, they most likely will until further investigation is made disproving them being broken. Gouken's still up in the air, but he's way close to that edge.

DZLE

Smash Master
Too bad I know what I'm talking about. Tell me one SF game where there wasn't a Shoto being top/high tier (I understand interpretation is in the air)

3rd strike........Ken
SSFII (any incarnation of SFII really)...........Akuma banned, ryu on the top tier

Gouken and Seth ARE already banned/being discussed about being banned in most tournament threads, no assuming here. Preemptive bans already happened for both of these characters.

Look it up if you have to.

Seth for obvious reasons, and Gouken thanks to his counter to all jumps, which is basically a perfect Shoryuken which opens up to deadly combos. Also his damage taking/dealing is ****ing crazy.
I quit SF4, thanks

Minato

穏やかじゃない

3rd strike........Ken

Gouken and Seth ARE already banned/being discussed about being banned in most tournament threads, no assuming here. Preemptive bans already happened for both of these characters. Look it up if you have to. Seth for obvious reasons, and Gouken thanks to his counter to all jumps, which is basically a perfect Shoryuken which opens up to deadly combos. Also his damage taking/dealing is ****ing crazy.
You said top, so that that's what I was going by.

SSF II Turbo= Ryu is the 6th best character in that game if you exclude Akuma. He' in upper tier.
SSF III 3rd Strike=Ken is the third best character. He's in upper tier.
SF IV: Yes, you're correct. 2nd on the current tier. What spot? Upper tier.

And preemptive bans were stupid. They don't count. Evo hasn't said anything about. Only whiny tourney hosters ban him without knowing anything about Seth and Gouken.

I don't want to argue this anymore since this is the MA thread.

DZLE

Smash Master

And preemptive bans were stupid. They don't count. Evo hasn't said anything about. Only whiny tourney hosters ban him without knowing anything about Seth and Gouken.
True that. If Gouken and Seth are so cheap how come nobody play them? Havent seen a single seth NOR Gouken online or off.
Not at tourneys, not online, not offline at my house.
If they are so cheap of course the noobs online would pick them instead of ken srk spamming or picking Sagat, spamming anything and everything. Its sagat.

I don't want to argue this anymore since this is the MA thread.
True, we should take this elsewhere. like the Utah thread. nothing counts there anymore. its like it doesnt exist.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I always say what I don't mean..... also, EVO makes up their own ******** rules half the time anyway, so you can't really go by them, but the community. Or MLG, since they usually go by the community rules.

We'll talk about this later tonight. I'll PM you my number and such, and we can play some some maybe later. I have work in a bit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I always say what I don't mean..... also, EVO makes up their own ******** rules half the time anyway, so you can't really go by them, but the community. Or MLG, since they usually go by the community rules.
True, true. Best standard rulesets are based on the arcade.
Too bad there's no arcade version with the new characters.

And hey DZLE, here's a funny chart.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6741686&postcount=853

It's a chart on how scrubby Kens play. It's pretty hilarious.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Okay guys, results have been posted.

I did, however, put the name as Metal Awesome 12. FTS hasn't changed it to BUST yet, unfortunately.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
BUST sounds stupid when you say the real name anyway......Brawl Utah State Tournament?

DZLE

Smash Master
Okay guys, results have been posted.

I did, however, put the name as Metal Awesome 12. FTS hasn't changed it to BUST yet, unfortunately.
Dude that flow chart was the funniest thing all day. It is real.
Hadoken -> did i hit him? -> yes -> Hadoken-> did i hit him? -> yes -> Hadoken
EVERYTHING POINTS TO SHOURYUKEN HAHA
So trryyyyuyuuiuuuuie

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
It's seriously what nubs do online, you can tell they didn't do the combos in the challenge mode.........

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Because, "officially", the name hasn't been changed yet, we don't know when FTS is going to change it (he's against BUST unless we change the B to something other than Brawl), and he might end up just changing the title of the thread, because it's the same location, same rules, same set-up. It'd be a hassle to make a new thread to just change the name.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
So now that this tournament is over, is there a reason why this topic should still be open?
I swear we always get a mod coming here every other month to ask this same question.

The reason this thread should still be opened is because we use this thread for a series of tournaments with the same name. So instead of making a new thread for each "Metal Awesome" we just change the name and date of this thread to keep everything more organized.

Unless you want us to make multiple threads for the same series of tournaments and make your job harder. ;)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm going to set the next date to March 28th. Nobody had any problems with it when I asked, and that was a week ago.

Start a vote on Singles vs Doubles for both Melee and Brawl.

Still looking for a better word for the "b".

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Then just go with UST. Screw the b. I like UST, and I'm sure everyone agrees that it is better than MA.

I vote for both brawl singles and doubles.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
We just use the same thead over and over again, so that we can see the results and people don't need to try and find it again. It makes it much easier when you just subsribe to one thread.
Fair enough, but I'd recommend changing the title to reflect there's another tournament coming up. Since it looks like it's just another tournament thread that has run its course at first glance.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Not that it matters so much, but "brawl" doesn't necessarily have to refer to SSBB. If you think about it, all the games that are played at FTS's place are all fighting... so technically brawl can be used as an ambiguous term that relates to all the different games.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Last time we did melee teams there were a total of 2 teams. It was pathetic. I don't vote for melee anymore because of how pathetic the turn out is.

Top Bottom