• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
LOL Yeah, I don't think I'd want to spend all night at the Nickelcade there.
I went there once, but staying there all night would be weird.

more than 10 minutes there.... it would be weird.

I hear they've been playin a lot lately, Cameron.

Yaz hook this man up with some melee.
this.

Anybody in Utah have Marvel VS Capcom 2 on PSN and wants to play me?
I'd ask to do Smash 64 online instead but I don't have that laptop here at my house for the time being.
I would but my ps3 got stolen :/

Ichigo!!! Let's play dude!! All i do is play melee now ;)
YAZ!!! Let's play dude!! All i do is play brawl- now ;)

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Brawl - is too easy.. It's fun but too easy.

Get good at a technical game like melee and that's where the real fun begins (:

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
lol rockmix lives down the street from me... so i'm assuming this is directed at me haha. let's play rockmix! when do you wanna?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
And I practically live down the street from you too. The point of this? Little children shouldn't be allowed too much caffeine.

Or something....

Kyora

Smash Rookie
So is anyone gonna be hosting a tournament soon i need to prove to ya'll that zelda belongs on tier 1

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
99.357437354% percent sure there will be one on the 18th, I was gonna get the place and start a thread tommorow.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
And I practically live down the street from you too. The point of this? Little children shouldn't be allowed too much caffeine.

Or something....
why does tsuteto consistently post on a forum thus associating with the children and childlike figures whom he pretends he doesnt like associating?

How do u get a ps3 stolen? Smh.
alot of stuff got stolen that night :/ even some girls car, but it was forever ago

So is anyone gonna be hosting a tournament soon i need to prove to ya'll that zelda belongs on tier 1
well usually higher numbered tiers are better so yeah of course zelda is the worst character no one needs to prove it.

scrubs are like the tier 1 n00b pistol, its not very good, you can find them anywhere, and everyone has one
99.357437354% percent sure there will be one on the 18th, I was gonna get the place and start a thread tommorow.
ill probably be there

im 24% positive.

Kyora

Smash Rookie
Just because some people decide shes the worst on a tier list everyone jumps to the conclusion that shes is but I've played so many games as her I'm pretty confident I could take on any of the top tier characters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah, Zelda is too slow. Even her grab comes out 5-10 frames slower than most. Hell, even yoshi's pivot is faster. You can approach her way too easy due to her bad range and an easy to read projectile. Once your up close she has nothing fast enough to stop you, and when she's far away she has nothing to keep pressure or stop you from getting in her face again.

Kyora

Smash Rookie
Nah, Zelda is too slow. Even her grab comes out 5-10 frames slower than most. Hell, even yoshi's pivot is faster. You can approach her way too easy due to her bad range and an easy to read projectile. Once your up close she has nothing fast enough to stop you, and when she's far away she has nothing to keep pressure or stop you from getting in her face again.
Well i'm done arguing about it since you guys a so set on believing shes bad I will just have to show you guys in a game

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Shes not ganon or jiggs bad, but she does lack tons of options (her usmash is legit though).

inb4marssayszeldaisworstinthegame

Kyora

Smash Rookie
yeah i've learned how to handle fast opponents as her and i also play sheik if i need too

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well you better watch out then, yoshi is my main and he's overall the fastest character in the game ;o

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@Kyora: Zelda? You live in the PG area? I'm in Orem. I main Zelda. You, me, fight some time, yes?

@ZZ: 18th? Oof, dad's birthday. No go for me.

@Rockmix: Would I happen to be invited to this little dealio?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yo do that tourny on the 18th and i guarantee that me n tim will be there and we'll finally get to play.

Also she is horrible but your post was halfway incorrect. She has a frame 5 dtilt, frame 6 usmash, and frame 5 bair/nair. She also has really good range on her fsmash.....like snake ftilt range. She has a good defensive game as well for the most part. the reasons she is bad though is because none of her options are really all that safe, the grab speed which u mentioned, and having no approach. She actually is good defensively but since she cant force approaches it doesnt matter.

Also her recovery is balls, if you know what you're doing u can literally throw her offstage and take her stock with proper reads. Ive had x n yaz put like 90% on me before i could even get back safely lol. probably a worse recovery than link imo.

Worst character in the game imo i think jiggs is actually underrated.

Also kyora zelda sucks man trust me i play her.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
IMO, Zelda is a little below in the middle area. She's not bad enough to be bottom tier, that's for sure. She's got a fair enough kill options, and she can be hard to approach. The reason she's so low in the tier list is, again, IMO, the fact that no one knows the right way to use her. You're right, you can't approach with her. Her game is a game of patience. At times you can push the player into something, but that's going off of picking the moment you think they'll make an irrational decision. If your opponent is calm, the battle is theirs, no matter what you do really.

Recovery, yes, pretty well sucks, I'll admit that. The only advantage to her recovery is mind games, and that's only if you're level or above the stage while trying to recover. If you're below, better count your stars you're close enough to move above the ledge, but not close enough to be prey to your opponent's attack.

She can definitely be a contender though, if but only for the fact no one really knows how to play against her. They just know she's not the best, but when in the hands of someone above average, she can be annoying. As I'm sure you found out with my Zelda Z'zgashi ^^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tsuteto i disagree. To prove it ill mm u for 5 dollars and you get to pick my character.....that's how bad she is.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Yaz ily :)

@kyora
Never thought she was bad as she Is now look forward to meeting you

@tsuteto
Your so chill
We need to play again
And congradulations

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
IMO, Zelda is a little below in the middle area. She's not bad enough to be bottom tier, that's for sure. She's got a fair enough kill options, and she can be hard to approach. The reason she's so low in the tier list is, again, IMO, the fact that no one knows the right way to use her. You're right, you can't approach with her. Her game is a game of patience. At times you can push the player into something, but that's going off of picking the moment you think they'll make an irrational decision. If your opponent is calm, the battle is theirs, no matter what you do really.

Recovery, yes, pretty well sucks, I'll admit that. The only advantage to her recovery is mind games, and that's only if you're level or above the stage while trying to recover. If you're below, better count your stars you're close enough to move above the ledge, but not close enough to be prey to your opponent's attack.

She can definitely be a contender though, if but only for the fact no one really knows how to play against her. They just know she's not the best, but when in the hands of someone above average, she can be annoying. As I'm sure you found out with my Zelda Z'zgashi ^^
10$ mm. vs your zelda. I haven't even played in a long *** time so i should rusty as hell right? Zelda is bad and is very bad.

Welcome to the scene Kyora. We're harsh but pretty awesome. But, seriously Zelda isn't a good character.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@Mars: Sure, but I have no clue when this will take place. I'm moving no later than January (preferably earlier if possible), so unless you're coming down to Orem area some time, it's sixes as to when we might ^^;

@Yaz: Guess you found your equal finally then?

@DS4: Come down to Orem then XD And thank you.

@Sinz: Same thing as to Mars.

@DRyu: Yep.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
lol ds4 i love you too! come down to orem and we'll have a fest (:

sinz, let's play this week!

lololol tim!!! i'll do a MM with you, Zelda on MK and you win the MM if you can take 1 stock off of me hahahahaha

i'll try for wednesday rockmix but no promises. i don' thave a phone anymore haha

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Why do a lot of players want to prove that their character is top tier?
Instead, shouldn't they prove that they're a good player and can overcome tiers?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imma try and break our top 5 with yoshi, but ATM I'm definetly not good enough. Sure, I use a low tier (he should be mid though lol), but if I loose due to one of his weaknesses, I don't blame the character. I would blame myself for not knowing the way around that weakness the character has. My character doesn't have any unwinnable match ups, which means he has the options to beat out the other characters regardless of the difficulty. Therefore, if I lose, I should find what I'm doing wrong or where I'm not playing smart enough, then fix that problem. IMO the only thing that holds me back is a lack of experience, skill, and knowledge.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Imma try and break our top 5 with yoshi, but ATM I'm definetly not good enough. Sure, I use a low tier (he should be mid though lol), but if I loose due to one of his weaknesses, I don't blame the character. I would blame myself for not knowing the way around that weakness the character has. My character doesn't have any unwinnable match ups, which means he has the options to beat out the other characters regardless of the difficulty. Therefore, if I lose, I should find what I'm doing wrong or where I'm not playing smart enough, then fix that problem. IMO the only thing that holds me back is a lack of experience, skill, and knowledge.
Well said.

@Tsuteto Sure!

@Yaz Well whatever works for you. Just tell me when you're coming over.

Kyora

Smash Rookie
@Kyora: Zelda? You live in the PG area? I'm in Orem. I main Zelda. You, me, fight some time, yes?

Yep zeldas my best I'd be down to play smash

-Final-

Aria♪
Nah, Zelda is too slow. Even her grab comes out 5-10 frames slower than most. Hell, even yoshi's pivot is faster.
This is pretty sad, seeing as Yoshi's pivot grab is more useful than his regular one (in my opinion)

Just come to Z'z's tourney and we can play and you can show us how good you are with Zelda. I agree that tiers don't automatically decide how good you are.

And Minato, come back to Utah! (or we'll have to all come and kidnap you.)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm in Orem. Lets do something.
Call me sometime. Or text me. Or something XD I'm free in the evenings.

lololol tim!!! i'll do a MM with you, Zelda on MK and you win the MM if you can take 1 stock off of me hahahahaha
Deal. Phone number above, give me a call.

@Tsuteto Sure!
Sweetness ^^

Same as the other two!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Just because some people decide shes the worst on a tier list everyone jumps to the conclusion that shes is but I've played so many games as her I'm pretty confident I could take on any of the top tier characters
jumps to a conclusion? the science is there mang, zelda sucks zelda mains agree so hard that i got permab&

you forgot she cant recover and that she has no range and that she is a princess
Well i'm done arguing about it since you guys a so set on knowing shes bad I will just have to show you guys in a game
fix'd

Shes not ganon or jiggs bad, but she does lack tons of options (her usmash is legit though).

inb4marssayszeldaisworstinthegame
she is worse than ganon or jiggz, at least jiggz has spacing and at least ganon has gerudo and dair
yeah i've learned how to handle fast opponents as her and i also play sheik if i need too
with ftilt? that only kinda works on fox.... ery1 else its like lol no.
Well you better watch out then, yoshi is my main and he's overall the fastest character in the game ;o
alil faster than sonic iirc... but not much.

leave it to zelda mains to wanna have tea time with other zelda mains.

zelda is the absolute worst character in brawl there is not one character that doesnt just obliterate her... she has no speed, barely any strength, a near useless projectile, no recovery and all her non "hey random scrub walk into this fsmash" kill moves are basically falcon knee hit boxes OR EVEN MOAR SLOW/READABLE, and im sorry but in brawl moar knee just doesnt cut it

"the fact no one really knows how to play against her" basically this means she sucks and so few people use her because of that that no one knows the mu, which is for the whole cast of brawl

100-0

shield>grab all day, zelda cant do **** bout it maaaang

LOL Zelda is trash
this.

Yaz ily :)

@kyora
Never thought she was bad as she Is now look forward to meeting you

@tsuteto
Your so chill
We need to play again
And congradulations
she is terrible. even worse than you think.

10$ mm. vs your zelda. I haven't even played in a long *** time so i should rusty as hell right? Zelda is bad and is very bad.

Welcome to the scene Kyora. We're harsh but pretty awesome. But, seriously Zelda isn't a good character.
seriously.
I heard Zelda's down b is good... in melee.
its bad in brawl AND its her only good move, with proper use (aka every single time you get zelda somehow) it brings zelda up several tiers.

I'm in Orem. Lets do something.
something meaning smash.... but smash not meaning smash..

lol ds4 i love you too! come down to orem and we'll have a fest (:

sinz, let's play this week!

i'll try for wednesday rockmix but no promises. i don' thave a phone anymore haha
but zelda sucks tho

Why do a lot of players want to prove that their character is top tier?
Instead, shouldn't they prove that they're a good player and can overcome tiers?

because most players dont see it that way and if a character legitimately has untapped potential its possible for more players to pick up a similar playstyle and reading capabilities

imho if even one person can use a character so well then everyone else just doesnt know how to use them.

Call me sometime. Or text me. Or something XD I'm free in the evenings.

Deal. Phone number above, give me a call.

Sweetness ^^

Same as the other two!
its ok tho sinz as you can see here tsuteto is ok with your lifestyle choices and will infact do something

-click-

gg's in advanced ugto.... gg's....

sincerely,

Mutha-Foxin' Gkirbz.

Kyora

Smash Rookie
This is pretty sad, seeing as Yoshi's pivot grab is more useful than his regular one (in my opinion)

Just come to Z'z's tourney and we can play and you can show us how good you are with Zelda. I agree that tiers don't automatically decide how good you are.

And Minato, come back to Utah! (or we'll have to all come and kidnap you.)
Where and when is the tourney gonna be??

Top Bottom