• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lock-In Results:
1. X :sonic:
2. Lada :rob: :falco: :dk2:
3. DS4 :toonlink: :sonic: :lucario:
4. Z'zgashi :yoshi2: :bowser2: :mario2:
5. I See :popo:
5. Tsuteto :zelda:
7. Rockmix :ness2:
7. IkarosFTW :gw: :pikachu2:
9. Mozr :sonic: :kirby2:

Bracket will be up later.

SEE YOU ALL AGAIN IN 3 HOURS LOL

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hi Tsuteto.

GGS to Tane, Devon, Yaz, Kenny, Chris and whoever else I played.

Also Sam (Isee?) you got a lot better keep practicing and you'll be ****** most of the scene in no time 0_o

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Our monthly tournament will continue here in Utah. For all of you Utah Brawl players we run a tournament every month. Not only do we feature brawl, but we also run a variety of other fighting games. Our last tournament had 20 competitors for Brawl and over 70 people total. So if you play Brawl or any of the other popular fighting games please check our event out.

$5 entry fee per game you wish to play, no venue fee.

We also have online registration so we can start making brackets before events.

If you have any questions or comments, please ask in this thread, check our website, or email us. The website is always updated with the latest information.
Our website is www.utahfightcircuit.com .
Email: general@utahfightcircuit.com

Also, thank you very much to all of you who played on the tournament last Saturday (June 16th) much appreciated and we hope to see you guys again and hopefully some new people too.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Out of curiosity, for those that know, how much is the cafe charging for the venue, anyway? Or is it free, in hopes that enough people that attend the tournament buy their food to make up for the venue fee that they could have charged?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea the Coffee House tourny was legit, i'll be a regular attendee.

So what's up with that Colorado tourny? It's next month right?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Out of curiosity, for those that know, how much is the cafe charging for the venue, anyway? Or is it free, in hopes that enough people that attend the tournament buy their food to make up for the venue fee that they could have charged?
nope i believe its free cause thats how its always been
the tourney directors just can't profit, from the tourneys
all the money goes to the pot

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hes like, 4th best.

1. Delta
2. Socks
3. Firefly
4. Hades

Polt doesnt play smash anymore or hed be up there too.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Good games everyone. The tourney was sweet. I really enjoyed the venue and being able to play/see everyone. I'll hopefully make it out to more.

So there's a byu tourney this Saturday. People should come and get wrecked by my DK and peach :) I have to get up at five for work so I'll post details later.

:phone:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
nope i believe its free cause thats how its always been
the tourney directors just can't profit, from the tourneys
all the money goes to the pot
How what has always been? This is the first time we've had it at this location.
I was asking if the cafe was charging the host anything for using their place. But I guess if the host was charged money, then he would probably charge the players a venue fee as well; that isn't the case, so I guess it's probably free for the host as well, and the cafe is just using this to get tournament players to buy their food.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
How what has always been? This is the first time we've had it at this location.
I was asking if the cafe was charging the host anything for using their place. But I guess if the host was charged money, then he would probably charge the players a venue fee as well; that isn't the case, so I guess it's probably free for the host as well, and the cafe is just using this to get tournament players to buy their food.
Its how it has always been because the Fight Circuit has held 2 brawl tournaments there already.
We made a deal with the owner to let us do the sort of event that we do, they let small groups have book clubs there for free and all but they are always reluctant to larger groups especially with equipment. Although the Fight Club founders are friends with the owner, they were the ones that made the, no money made Tournaments allowed rule. Which is good for you guys since there is no venue fee, everyone saves money and anything you do spend just goes right back to you.

Staz

Smash Lord
Yea the Coffee House tourny was legit, i'll be a regular attendee.

So what's up with that Colorado tourny? It's next month right?
yep on the 14th I believe. we would leave on the 13th

I think I might make It this Saturday for the byu tourney :) I work pretty close to byu

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Its how it has always been because the Fight Circuit has held 2 brawl tournaments there already.
Hm...I didn't realize that there have been Brawl tournaments here, already. I just figured that since a large majority of the people on this thread seems to have no idea about this venue at first, and with how people commented afterwards, that this was the first occurrence.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@UFC: I may come to the next one. Where the cafe is isn't too far from where I currently live, and everything seems chill (didn't come this last time due to needing to be home ^^;;)

@Kenny: I might be able to make this Saturday. Depends on details really, so looking forward to those :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Date/time: June 23rd, warm ups and registration start at 9:00, first event starts at 10:00

Address: 865 n 160 w
Provo, UT
(downstairs lodge)

Events order:
Brawl doubles
Brawl singles
Melee doubles (as demands allow)
Melee singles
N64 doubles (as demands allow)
N64 singles (as demands allow)

So I just realized it starts super early. I'm going to see if we can move the time or at least change the order of events so it will be easier for you all up north to make it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol. yea if it starts at 9 am there's no way i'm going. You could just start Melee crap first since Brawl is the main event though

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah that's what I told them. And rade, I don't know. I'm not running it at all this time. At least they haven't told me anything about it lol. I'll ask though.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The guy running it said he can start the first event at noon. He seems to really want to get other people to join in the melee and 64 tourneys (he's a melee player that doesn't really play brawl that much), so he's keeping the same order.

Pools are going to happen if we get enough people and I will be running the brackets/pools for brawl.

Edit: If he moves the time he wants all the matches starting right at eleven. So show up with enough time to get registered before then or you may not make it into teams.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
K change of plans. He is starting teams at 11:00 sharp. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know in advance. No more of people calling ten minutes after it starts to say they'll be there in a bit and to add them in the bracket, we need to know before and we'll do what we can. It seems like one of our scene's problems has always been some people showing up way late with no real excuse.

And he is getting lunch for people and asks everyone to chip in a dollar for that if you can.

It sounds like its going to be a good turn out/tourney. I better see you all there.

Top Bottom