• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So does this mean anything for this Thursday except for behave ourselves more than usual?
The Thursdays should be fine how they are, I just wont be entering them at least for a bit I also won't be able to "hang" with you guys as much when its going on, and still noone comes behind the counter...other then Sam and DZLE

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I can't change it, my boss already has me working all day because of it...and you would see me more if you came to weeklies or kenny did more smash things ;) I should also be at MA if the date gets set before work does.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey now. I come to more smash things than any other out of city smasher, and even more than most of the ones that do live in the Sandy/Draper area.

luan87us

Smash Rookie
aahh I'm definitely checking this out. Gotta find out how good Utah Smashers are. You guys never record the matches and post on youtube?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Hey now. I come to more smash things than any other out of city smasher, and even more than most of the ones that do live in the Sandy/Draper area.
I wasn't saying out of city, I was saying I can't be at work at a tourny at the same time...unless the tounry is at work.

aahh I'm definitely checking this out. Gotta find out how good Utah Smashers are. You guys never record the matches and post on youtube?
I just put a few up yesterday, it takes soooo God **** long to get up though.

So a buddy of mine kupo15, who is an advocate in the brawl+ what not, has asked me to have it at the next ToF, so I called up Dai-a and asked him to bring it on the 3rd. It wont be a tourny just a TV for friendlies or trying it out. The codes that will be on it are: no tripping, 1.75 hit stun, Auto L canceling, and maby lagless edges. So if you wanta try it out or get a few shirt matchs set up for it go ahead.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So a buddy of mine kupo15, who is an advocate in the brawl+ what not, has asked me to have it at the next ToF, so I called up Dai-a and asked him to bring it on the 3rd. It wont be a tourny just a TV for friendlies or trying it out. The codes that will be on it are: no tripping, 1.75 hit stun, Auto L canceling, and maby lagless edges. So if you wanta try it out or get a few shirt matchs set up for it go ahead.

Auto-L-cancel? Why does it have to be automatic? There's already a code that makes it like the L-Cancel in Melee, and if you can't even do that, then why bother to make Brawl Melee-like?
And shirt matches, eh? I wouldn't want to bet my shirt on these matches... :p

CorruptFate

The Corrupted

Auto-L-cancel? Why does it have to be automatic? There's already a code that makes it like the L-Cancel in Melee, and if you can't even do that, then why bother to make Brawl Melee-like?
And shirt matches, eh? I wouldn't want to bet my shirt on these matches... :p
I asked why auto and he said that the timming is a bit harder and different then it is in melee and more people prefer it this way....but I am fine either way.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I asked why auto and he said that the timming is a bit harder and different then it is in melee and more people prefer it this way....but I am fine either way.

I've played it with the l-cancel method similar to Melee's, and I didn't see anything different. It was pretty easy to do, in my opinion.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Read me!!!!

I've played it with the l-cancel method similar to Melee's, and I didn't see anything different. It was pretty easy to do, in my opinion.
Sounds fine to me, ill get the reg L canceling code rather then the auto then.

K so everyone who can please bring a wii:

me, kenny, rade, Lanky, Final have all said that we would.

if we want a melee tourny some1 will need to bring a memory card.

If we want 64 on the side some1 needs to bring a copy of it.

If you are bringing a wii, memory card, 64, or somthing else that im forgetting but we want please post so that we know for sure.

-Final-

Aria♪
My memory card never works at PnT. It says I have no melee data at all, but then I come home and it is there.

I can bring a wii, brawl, 64 controllers, and a copy of smash 64 since I finally found my copy yesterday after it being lost for 2 years.

Lanky are you coming to this? I need a partner.

EDIT: I looked at the above post. :p

EDIT2: Wait this is this Saturday?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Actually, I wasn't sure about my schedule, but I found out I'm free Saturday, so yeah I can come. It is this Saturday.

Are we having a thursday mini-tourney still, or with it being New Years there won't be one? Cause I'm free that day too.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I will bring a Wii and Brawl. :D

Also does PnT sell NINTENDO BRAND game cube controllers? Im switching back to the game cube controller for c-stick and because of the difficulties at tournaments.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I will bring a Wii and Brawl. :D

Also does PnT sell NINTENDO BRAND game cube controllers? Im switching back to the game cube controller for c-stick and because of the difficulties at tournaments.
I don't think they do. They sell ones that are extremely similar though. The only thing I noticed was that the Z button seemed stiffer. But that could just be because I was trying to push it through the plastic XD

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Well if they arent nintendo brand I wont buy them. I have learned my lesson about those controllers.

>.>

Ill just borrow my friends controller if I cant get one in time.

(also for a tourney Thursday)

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
@supdzalot Did you not buy a Gamecube?
I have gotten two gamecubes. The first one broke... anyway my brother leaves the controllers up side down all the time which completely ruins the control sticks. So we have been through at least 12 controllers, 6 being non-nintendo brand that die for no reason within the first week.

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
hey spudz, i got 2 that work, just one has a weird analog stick. it goes up more, you know, like how when someone leaves it upside-down pushing the stick up. stick works, but feels weird.

why did i just post that instead of going 2 doors down and telling him? hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom