• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Instead of taking the 12300 S exit, you just take the next exit north of that, then head west until you reach Redwood Rd, which is pretty close to I-15. By then, you should be pretty close to the PnT, and all you have to do is find the correct south and locate it.

With Fate's explanation, it just seems like that PnT is just using us in their pathetic and desperate attempt to look good. Let's just hope that since it's at a new location, there will be new faces whom are willing to become a permanent part of our Smash community. But for that to happen, they need to advertise themselves at their store, instead of giving us all of the work. If they don't, then ToF6 will just be a smaller ToF tournament, since some of the regular ToF goers might skip out, since it'll be farther from them.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Sounds like I didn't miss much. Again, sorry for not coming...I actually got home at about 5....today...

Yeah, partying for 5 straight days kinda...pretty much KILL you...

So keep me updated on the next tourney, cause I will make sure I come to that one.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1: Dai-a (Falco)
2: Yaz (Meta Knight)
3: X (Sonic)
4: Waff (Kirby)
5: Kenny(Marth & Lucario)
5: Staz (Kirby)
7: Rade (Fox) no Yoshi?
7: Lada (ROB?)

Update if necessary.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Instead of taking the 12300 S exit, you just take the next exit north of that, then head west until you reach Redwood Rd, which is pretty close to I-15. By then, you should be pretty close to the PnT, and all you have to do is find the correct south and locate it.

With Fate's explanation, it just seems like that PnT is just using us in their pathetic and desperate attempt to look good. Let's just hope that since it's at a new location, there will be new faces whom are willing to become a permanent part of our Smash community. But for that to happen, they need to advertise themselves at their store, instead of giving us all of the work. If they don't, then ToF6 will just be a smaller ToF tournament, since some of the regular ToF goers might skip out, since it'll be farther from them.
I talked to them and they said they will be advertising it more the the current store is, And its not that much farther, when I talked to dai-a it sounded like it shouldn't be to far then FTS's house.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
1: Dai-a (Falco)
2: Yaz (Meta Knight)
3: X (Sonic)
4: Waff (Kirby)
5: Kenny(Marth & Lucario)
5: Staz (Kirby)
7: Rade (Fox) no Yoshi?
7: Lada (ROB?)

Update if necessary.
i used yoshi, but not nearly as much as fox, i have my 3 and im building them one at a time

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, I go to BYU. I just have a class at weird time. Like Monday and Wednesdays, I had a class at 10:00 then one at 4:00. Two classes a day isn't bad at all though. Then I'm out by 2:00 the other days and out by ten on Fridays. Not bad at all.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Also when is the next ToF?
So when is the date for the next ToF?

Is it going to be the first satday of the month every month?
That's what it's supposed to be, unless it's different this month cause it's at the other store.
Yep first sat of each month so 02/07/09, ill go get that changed now.

Hopefully Fate doesn't have to run it. That way he can actually talk to us instead of being lame.
I don't know if i will be working or not, but ill ask for it off I think they'll be happy not paying me to run a tourny=P.

___X___

Smash Lord
Fate, ily<3

PS. You have beautiful eyes
he really does, and he has a hot girlfriend.

anywayssss, we should stary ADVERTISING this tournament A LOT more!
well maybe start having these in orem?

orem is CHALK FULL of NOOB(hehe) smashers!

once they had a normal brawl tourny, and noobs came out of everywhere(thinking they were good)

once NUB CAKE said i was cheap for using sonics uhh Nair? hahahaha.

so i say we have them in orem or atleast advertise(A LOT MORE)

and fate Sucks his boss off.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
We really need to advertise a lot and get the word around!!!

I also talked to the PnT in orem about tournies and right now they are to busy with Call of Duty. >_>
But yeah If we had more tournies in other places instead of Draper/Sandy area the smash scene would increase like crazy.

___X___

Smash Lord
We really need to advertise a lot and get the word around!!!

I also talked to the PnT in orem about tournies and right now they are to busy with Call of Duty. >_>
But yeah If we had more tournies in other places instead of Draper/Sandy area the smash scene would increase like crazy.
TRUE DAT!

dryu dryu I got an idea, we should find someplace like Pnt and host our own tournys!!!

like the mexican brigade can host it! :D

and it would be somewere around OUR AREA (new smashers yo)

lets?

it will be pretty hard finding a place, but we can do it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Cause that would require asking his mommy...

Eh, I don't care where the tourney is played, as long as I have a general idea of where it's being held and/or someone gives me a ride if I don't know.

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
utah----I changed my smash name &quot;swa&quot;
TRUE DAT!

dryu dryu I got an idea, we should find someplace like Pnt and host our own tournys!!!

like the Mexican brigade can host it! :D

and it would be somewhere around OUR AREA (new smashers yo)

lets?

it will be pretty hard finding a place, but we can do it.
i don't know where you live, but somewhere in AF there's a Gamecrazy with a few TVs. or maybe at a mall? tons of teens there and they SHOULD like smash. if they're cool.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I hope there is still a mini on thursday at the Draper one. Found out I don't have work, so I can come to this one. Plus, I remember I have 8 bucks to spend at work, if anyone wants to mooch off of me.

And the tourney wouldn't be so long if more people brought their Wii's (I can't be held accountable cause I was not there!)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
We actually had enough wiis last time. It was amazing. I didn't even have to set mine up. All tourneys should be like that. I don't like having only 2-3 wiis to use.. >_>

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Good morning Final; you're up early. :tired: :grin:

oh and about the last tourney, the break was way too long in between singles and doubles. my mom says i can't go to these anymore if they're so long. If you can't do anything, than i could just do like singles or doubles tho :) I'll still be there ;D
Hey glad to hear you'll still be coming to smash. I had fun playing with you guys.

Yeah it sucks but sadly most gamers and gaming events aren't mature enough to actually proceed on any sort of schedule. Some dedicated people (read: obsessed people that don't have anything else they want or have to do) like it that way though.

Oh and btw the term for 3rd...n...dary is "tertiary" - see wiktionary: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tertiary
It gets even better when you want to say your set of 12th most used brawl characters is your duodenary set. :dizzy: :laugh:

___X___

Smash Lord
i don't know where you live, but somewhere in AF there's a Gamecrazy with a few TVs. or maybe at a mall? tons of teens there and they SHOULD like smash. if they're cool.
game crazy in the AF area??

would they be willing to let us run tournaments?

and which mall are you talking about?
the orem???

lets just try to find places and more smashers and REVIVE this scene!!!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
1000th post!!! Eat it PC :)

Yeah, let's host a tourney. I still need to find out who I need to talk to to get that BYU one set up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom