• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The upcoming Thursday will be my last free Thursday for a tourney.
My schedule is basically the same, but now they added 12:00 to 8:00 on Thursday.

Do whatever needs to be done Fate, just pick the majority.
I can only go on Mondays, Fridays, or Saturdays.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Yesterday was pretty much the only reason I put on rare occasions in the first place.
lol but im saying that while it may have been rare that day, these guys look pretty serious, so your not anymore, the person who brings the most :p

as for what day, i dont care really, cept friday, friday would suck

DZLE

Smash Master

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
LOL, usually like 6-8 people show up, except on rare occasions. And 3-5 of them come with me. So that's 50% and that's close enough to a majority for me. I've already stated that Fate can do what he wants, just that I will not be coming if it's on friday. I've never said he can't have it on friday.

Believe it or not, I have friends outside of the smash community, and weekends are the only good day for them to hang out. And you say "Well, sorry if you can't make the Fridays. At least we have the tournies to see each other?" as if it's already official cause you said it is. LOL.

Do what you want.

Edit: And the Mexis ride with me too whenever they can come, so that's +3 to the 3-5 that already come with me.

Lol, david, I am chill :D
Honestly, now that I look back at the post, I really think I didn't read all your post until I posted mine, then went back, reread it, then edited it. So I believe half the words were coming out of my a**.

I love how everyone is saying Friday is the worst, instead of saying which day they would prefer. Friday is merely a suggestion. So we should figure out which day is the best for you guys. I swear though, no matter what day it's on, I'll end up getting boned anyway. Thursday and Friday are my only good days, and I'll end up having work Thursday nights, or I have to stay late to work on class stuff Friday nights. Either way, that's my vote. Stay on Thursday, or move to Friday. Those are my best days...how sad...

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
So I guess I won't be coming to this tournament:(

Its general conference + priesthood conference during this weekend so that = no tourney for me.
Yeah, its probably going to factor out that way for me as well...

Edit: Throw yo hands up.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I'm not gonna be going either. I'm probably the churchiest out of everyone in the smash scene <3

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Don't worry, I've already counted you, Yaz, in the count. I'd figured that since Kenny is pretty much guaranteed not to go, you won't be either, since you never come when he doesn't come.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You forgot Mr. "I'm rich and have a diamond fork but somehow no money for a tournament." And hopefully, he can bring a lot of his non-"stoner" friends. And Rade hasn't said anything, yet, so there's still a chance that he'll come. And I think vazor can come to this one as well.

But with this, we might as well have a Melee tournament instead of Brawl... :chuckle:

Pulmonox

Smash Rookie
Wait, so is this taking place on Thursday? The front page said the first Satruday of each month. I can't take the time to read the entire thread (that's 119 pages!), but some clarification would be nice. (If it's Thursday, I certainly can't come, due to class/work).

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yep. Thursdays are $3 and are either teams or singles (I take a vote most days) and the Saturday (ToF) is $5 for singles, and $5 (per person) for teams.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The Thursday weeklies are for those that like to play often and/or those that crave Smash and can't go a couple of weeks without Smash. :laugh: The tournament is more relaxed, I guess, since there's not as much on the line. The monthly Saturday tournaments, which is the one with the series title "Tourny of Fate" (ToF), is the bigger deal, as it last longer, contains both Brawl singles and doubles, Melee, and occasionally Smash 64. Competition is stiffer, since there's more on the line at ToF's than at the weeklies. Another reason is that results from ToF's are taken into consideration for the Utah Power Rankings, whereas the weeklies aren't.
ToF's are pretty much on the same level as USTs when it comes to size and competitiveness.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
as for this saturday, unless im forgetting something, priesthood session of conference doesnt start till 6, but i will probably go to it

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
See, I thought those started later. I remember going to them when I was in the church.

I think you can make doubles at least. Hopefully, teams don't run as long as UST did (I believe we started singles at 4), so people can stay long enough for singles. Although I would love getting in the top three, it wouldn't be as fun without the top smashers to kick my a**.

Pulmonox

Smash Rookie
I would love to come on Thursdays as well, but that's out of the question due to school/work. Then again, unless I could get Thursdays off, I won't be able to make ANY tourneys once my summer schedule sets in, I'll be working 10am-8pm every day (Sat included) which could quickly end any run I might have been planning in the smash scene :(.

DZLE

Smash Master
I would love to come on Thursdays as well, but that's out of the question due to school/work. Then again, unless I could get Thursdays off, I won't be able to make ANY tourneys once my summer schedule sets in, I'll be working 10am-8pm every day (Sat included) which could quickly end any run I might have been planning in the smash scene :(.
Thats too bad man.
I was really looking forward to meeting/playing someone who has just joined and already had some positive hype on their skill.

If your ever looking for some friendlies, just pm me, you can come over anytime!

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I'm back from GDC and I'm planning on coming to this (ToF 8).
Judging from the bUST thread it seems I missed out on a lot. :ohwell:
I got a chance to play with a good smasher there too. He would probably be able to take on some of our top people here. I'll try to look up his smash name later.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm pretty sure we aren't going. Priesthood has just owned the whole smash community.

Unless there was some way we could start an hour earlier and have all the setups like we did last time.

wangston

Smash Lord
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
Throw yo hands up.
idk when my last tournament will be. I think that one might have been it.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
as for this saturday, unless im forgetting something, priesthood session of conference doesnt start till 6, but i will probably go to it
Well, there's the morning session as well thats kinda throwing a gear in smasher arrangements. Er... or something that it goes like 10-12 (1-2 break) then continues for another two hours? I forget the details...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So, you all know me and that I don't really know whats going on other than it sounds like you all have some time of the month planned where people go on TV and talk about....stuff. I know I got a text from Dryu asking if we can do teams after singles, I don't really see a problem with it, other than a few people might miss out (ill change the date on the time on the white board as soon as we know what the plan is). But it would be REALLY helpful if someone could explain the Saturday schedule for me so that I don't get this all wrong.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well, there's the morning session as well thats kinda throwing a gear in smasher arrangements. Er... or something that it goes like 10-12 (1-2 break) then continues for another two hours? I forget the details...
Are you sure you're not thinking of Sunday? I never remembered two sessions on Saturday. And if there was, my work would schedule for it. The conference on Saturday is one of our busiest hours of the year, and they only have one session of it, at night.

As far as I know, Fate, the only thing going on is the priesthood thing at 6. I think if we do the tourney an hour earlier, or do singles first, we should be good. The people who can stay will end up doing Melee anyway.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Kenny send me the times and such, and said that people would not be willing to miss the priesthood thing. So does that mean if I move singles sooner (ei. when teams is) then people can make it to that, or would it just be a waste of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom