• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So sorry to release the info then end up being gone all weekend. I was down past nephi and the place I was staying at didn't even have internet, I didn't know what to do!

So just to clear up a few things that I saw some people didn't understand.

- I can keep the store open for as long as I want so long as people are in the store, so that means that this will not need to end at 9:00 when the store would normally shut down.

- The current vote for ToF 10:
Brawl singles: 6
Brawl Teams: 3
Melee: 3
Brawl +: 1

As you can see we have a tie between Teams and melee right now, so if you haven't voted yet please do. Also I only counted votes that were PMed to me, so if your vote was lost in the pages please let me know...through a PM.

-Also I finally got around to updating the OP for this thread, it should have the correct list of starter and CP stages now. If I am wrong on this please correct me. Info such as when things start has also been updated to match this new change that just happened.

Why are you banned from entering, and how can people get banned from entering in general?
Just some thing happened that shouldn't happen at a store. You don't really need to worry about anything, as long as you arn't doing anything that would get you kicked out of any other store.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Brawl teams, hands down.

Edit:

*Still thinks this is ridiculous*
I won't be attending this tournament. Sorry Waff, our plan isn't going to work out
Laaaaaame.... What is this crap anyways? Sigh... guessing its management rather than Mike. But yeah, oh well... Still, all things said and done I hopefully will be able to make it?

YAZ NOT GONNA BE THERE?!
IS KENNY GONNA BE THERE?! AND DRYU?!

Uhhh btw waff just letting you know
I don't love you because I am going to this tourney,
I am going to this tourney because I love you.
But yeah, DZLE... you better take this tourney man. That is, on the occasion that I cant make it... Might be going to some festival/thingy down in spanish fork... But this is my last tourney... dunno if i can break these cuffs though... It is date material.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Laaaaaame.... What is this crap anyways? Sigh... guessing its management rather than Mike. But yeah, oh well... Still, all things said and done I hopefully will be able to make it?
Yes and no, i really should have this copy pasted to make it eaiser. And although this is extremely related to ToF I would rather it not be the prime topic in here right now. What with the new info that I brought up before the weekend, I would like people to see it and not be showing up at 1 just to call me and say "what the ****!?" Over all I am willing to talk about it and I have talked about this with many people (mostly kenny) but this is what is happening right now.

Basicly, things happened that shouldn't ever happen in a store. My boss knows about it and has it on tape, this isn't either persons first real problem that we have had and this was the out come.

I want it to be clear that my boss did not tell me to do this, and Jake (the good boss for those of you that have seen 1 or 2 of them) has nothing to do with it. But with how my other bosses are (ask DZLE, I do work with him) me and most people that I have talked to understand that this is the best way for me to:
1) Show my boss that I understand that things got out of hand.
2) Keep my job (after all we did lose a $170 table that day so I don't think that they would be in a good mood about all of this.)
3) Let us still have a place to hold ToF (although that was decided before we got a huge time restraint).

Like I said, I would rather that this didn't turn into 4 pages of people saying what they think on this. After all I did ask the day after for people to PM me what they think and I did get a few PM's, texts, calls, and a face to face chat or two. I did make sure to ask the people who help run this (PC, Kenny, Rade) what they think. So again people are welcome to PM some more about what they think at any time. But please keep it out of here, there is important info in the past few pages that I would like people to get with out me posting it every page.

Also walf, I asume that double post was one of those SWF double posts edits. Correct me if i'm wrong so I can abuse my mod powers. =P

vazor

Smash Apprentice
But yeah, DZLE... you better take this tourney man. That is, on the occasion that I cant make it... Might be going to some festival/thingy down in spanish fork... But this is my last tourney... dunno if i can break these cuffs though... It is date material.
Waff. Dude. Aren't you going on your mission? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
If I'm right and you are going on your mission- 1) what are you doing dating, and 2) what do you think is more likely, a girl is going to wait for you for two years or people are going to be playing smash here in utah?!

Hint: there's an old saying, "guys expect girls not to change, but they do- and girls expect guys to change, but they don't."

Bottom line- come to the tourney!!! XD

EDIT: w00t epic 100th post ftw

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Quick! Move one of the Utah-related threads to the same place as the Utah Thread! Vazor mustn't get over 100 posts!

But yeah, Waffle's the one going on the mission, and he wants to cram as much time mowing lawns with girls as he can, since there'll be an absence of that for the next two years (but that's no excuse, since he'll also be Smashless for 2 years...unless he can sneak in some games, somehow <_<). But according to that old saying, girls like change and boys don't...hmm...

Also, was it wise to post the current results of the vote while people are still allowed to vote?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Vazor passes some words of wisdom for his 100th post. :laugh:
But that old saying is pretty true. I'd laugh if you were the one who came up with it though.

And yeah, maybe it wasn't wise to post the current results of the voting.
You also shouldn't have had the option to have people vote for Brawl Singles. You know everyone wants that already, especially since UST is all Melee.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it was kinda funky. Guess i may have miss clicked for the double post? Sorry 'bout that... think you could take the first one out for me Mike? Oh abuser of moderation authority?

But yeah, on the girl subject? No comment ;)

I'll see what i can do though, and yeah PC was mostly correct with what im thinking. And hey, thats a perfectly viable excuse! Anyways, and on the plus side, since nobody wants to hire me for only 5 weeks (well, i guess 4 now huh? Wow time flies...) I have absolutely nothing to do besides being a yard slave... So, unless im otherwise and somehow preoccupied i want to and plan on going to all forthcoming smashfests.

And to keep this post relevant to ToF... now that i think about it, apparently jesse/rade might not be able to make it for teams if we do end up doing it... why did i vote for it then? heh... vote still stands.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I wont be able to make it to this tourney guys.

But then again, I would rather go to Cancun. Hahaha. So yah I will make it to next weeks weekly and smash then. Good luck at this tourney guys and dont do anything stupid to ruin are chances of keeping it. :p

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Heh no I didn't come up with it. The stuff I come up with is "if she threatens to leave, leave her" and "never get serious with someone who can't accept you" and stuff like that. I have plenty of notes on 'how women work' typed up on my computer too. You learn a lot about them when you get married. :laugh:

BTW it looks like I will miss or be late to this tourney- something career-related came up. Hopefully if there's melee it will start late enough that I can be there for it.

-Final-

Aria♪
Eh, are we doing teams? I need a partner again (As usual). I need to find a partner who goes to every tourney so I don't have to ask this every time...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ToF 10

So due to votes we will be having Brawl singles and Brawl teams.

I will try to be their around 5 to get things set up and get a few practice matches going.

I will be starting right at 6 no exceptions, this will be hard enough to get done as it is and I dont need to start 1 hour later like we normally do.

Teams will start right at 6 and singles will be starting up right as we get an open TV (so about round 3 of teams). This is the fastest way we can get things done.

Their will be no 15 min break so please eat ahead of time or bring something. I myself think that I am ordering a pizza from my bro's place so if anyone wants to chip in they have a good deal going and I will have the menu with me.

Also I will not have any friendly T.V.'s going for B+ melee or Brawl. We need every TV we can for this I do work the next day and would rather not spend all night at PnT. (but we will keep it going until its done with a few exceptions)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
No TVs for friendlies...

Um, guess I'll come and make sure the tourney starts at 6 (extra bouncer), see how the tourney is regulated (brackets), and get the hour in for friendlies, but probably will leave before 7. I'm exhausted today.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
No TVs for friendlies...

Um, guess I'll come and make sure the tourney starts at 6 (extra bouncer), see how the tourney is regulated (brackets), and get the hour in for friendlies, but probably will leave before 7. I'm exhausted today.
It's sad how I'm probably not going to this (despite me being allowed to enter), yet, you are going to it (despite not allowed to enter). And if you're leaving before 7, then you'll probably not be able to play any friendlies unless there are not enough Wii's to fill all the TVs, in which case, you'll be able to play Melee or 64 (but most likely no Brawl).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It's sad how I'm probably not going to this (despite me being allowed to enter), yet, you are going to it (despite not allowed to enter). And if you're leaving before 7, then you'll probably not be able to play any friendlies unless there are not enough Wii's to fill all the TVs, in which case, you'll be able to play Melee or 64 (but most likely no Brawl).
Actually, I really wouldn't be going unless this was someone's last tourney. Yeah, mostly going to see Waff. Plus, it is actually close enough for me that I don't worry too much about gas.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
what time does it end, I might try and go after work. I'd like to get to know more brawlers locally.
This one is probably going to end around 10 or 11 or so I'm guessing, due to starting five hours later than normal. But you should definitely come. Even if you can't stay for the whole thing, it would be cool to meet as many new smashers as possible.

So yeah, you should come :)

vazor

Smash Apprentice
what time does it end, I might try and go after work. I'd like to get to know more brawlers locally.
Hi!

Actually, I really wouldn't be going unless this was someone's last tourney. Yeah, mostly going to see Waff. Plus, it is actually close enough for me that I don't worry too much about gas.
Did Waff even end up going? I had to miss out because my career stuff went late; hope it was fun...
Kind of amusing how in the end, the melee-only last tourney got equally as much turnout as brawl-only tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom