• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTrick'd2, OVER! Mafia wins!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh, and Joey wtf at changing your avatar to your flavor from this game after you died. Composer could have (if he had been playing haha) referenced that to effectively prove his flavor was what he claimed it was.

T-block, tell me what your role does.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Imo if Zeke would've played the supertown he would've easily drawn the kills instead of his stupid *** gambit.

That's just what I would've done though.

T-block

B2B TST
i thought our N1 kill was on meadow? and what the hell did the toast do lol... just a safeclaim thing?

so RR, you actually thought i was scum throughout all that? why did you back off then? that looked soooooo bad. besides, there's no way gord would have chosen to lynch me over zeke in lylo, so don't feel too bad ;D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
obtw

when I died I got to open a QT with someone and selected Meadow
My thoughts during that day are basically in the QT but I don't have it anymore (never got PMd to me) sooo if Glyph could post?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Actually his 'stupid *** gambit' worked, and T-block changed off it to plan for later in the game hahaha.

You did in fact hit Meadow N1, he had a one-shot unkillable ability (BP or unlynchable, which ever came first) to compensate for how balls hard his wincon was with a kill that was so easily interrupted.

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Bn8bbbCeEQkP - Brosuke QT

Others on request

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
T-Block the toast literally did nothing, I just hoped that people would accept the toast and your role would flip eventually, leaving them to wonder 'oh god what the hell did i take toast from scum for, what is going to happen to me?'

John2k4

The End of an Era
Overall I gotta say this was a very fun game. Was interesting to experience playing as a Hydra.

Glyph you had some good roles in here. :laugh:

Explain the toast thing, please.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
T-Block the toast literally did nothing, I just hoped that people would accept the toast and your role would flip eventually, leaving them to wonder 'oh god what the hell did i take toast from scum for, what is going to happen to me?'
XDDDDD!!!!

Sorry for replacing, i am really busing working on Crusade, and i didnt have time to play (Plus, Acrostic being lynched d1 and our night kill being ****ed was disspointing)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Oh man, so TB was basically a goon?
That's a great mindtrick, with the toast. :laugh:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh, and Joey wtf at changing your avatar to your flavor from this game after you died. Composer could have (if he had been playing haha) referenced that to effectively prove his flavor was what he claimed it was.

T-block, tell me what your role does.
I honestly didn't think about it when I changed my avatar LOL.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kinda salty it's over, but I had a feel it was T-Block at the end.

I wasn't going to be able to push T-Block over Composer, who should have played the game instead of just replacing in to prod-dodge.

I expected the game to still be going into the next day, didn't anticipate Meadow's kill going off late.

T-Block, casting so much doubt on my claim was what set me off to you being scummy. A Townie had no reason to doubt it so much.

Also, Moth essentially didn't play this game. >_>

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
mvp meadow or nobody

I don't think the winning faction is the only one to be able to deserve MVP. Meadow's play was great and close to faultless.
edit; except that dumb soup quicklynch wtf

T-block

B2B TST
I was debating whether to say something or leave it, but I thought I'd be in a stronger position D6 if I started casting suspicion earlier, rather than saying "oh, i guess it's zeke then". I realize that it would have set you against me, but I had already decided to kill LAK, so it likely would have been you against me D6 anyways, so my only goal was to set it up so that Gorf would lynch you D6.

Town would have reason to doubt your claim if they thought you were scum... it's not like we all thought Composer was going to flip scum lol... I honestly did think it was weird that you would claim credit so quickly when there was only one kill though.

T-block

B2B TST
I actually thought Meadow was giving off mad indy vibes (even from D2), but I had the benefit of having shot him to know he had a BP, so maybe it was easier for me to see that.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh man, so TB was basically a goon?
That's a great mindtrick, with the toast. :laugh:
He's a confirmable role. As in he always had the option to just claim "toast guy" and everyone would have to accept that as true. Alignment is still a toss-up, but he doesn't have to go through the trouble or risk of fake claiming.
  1. LAK - Whhhhhhyyyyyy did you target yourself twice with your night action? Hint: You were not the player who needed to cool down, it was Meadowsizzle! There was a whole dynamic that would have been triggered if you had hit him, in which he would have been recruited to town and a QT between you would have been opened (a concept stolen from Pizza Mafia iirc). There's more to it, but I'll detail it later.
Ahaha as soon as he claimed, I realized he was supposed to target us and was all like "oh man". But I was thinking that it would stop my kill. Daaaang. That could've been cool if it happened.
Oh btw I was gonna revive as scum halfway through this dayphase so you gotta be glad n stuff.
Oh you... You.
Also why did a double NK happen? and can I see role PMs?
Meadow had a delayed night kill.
:embarrass:
RR i didn't know what to think of you this game man... when you came out saying i was matching my meta and stuff i was mad impressed, but then you were like JAYKAY I JUST WANTED A READ and i was like >_<"
Oh my god THIS. Even from Brosuke's head, I was like "oh man LAK has a good case on T-block." And then you dropped it and I was like "damn, is LAK scum and t-block town?"

edit:
edit; except that dumb soup quicklynch wtf
We thought our deathproof was still up. Had it been, we had a very easy win.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Interesting game.

Meadow rejected my barrel that I was going to give to Ryker. I should have given it to Ryker instead. I even crumbed that I was going to do it when I said something about "parroting" Ryker, as I used the Squawks the Parrot barrel that Night.

I forget my reasoning for picking Soup for the ostrich barrel, but it was something :laugh:

I really enjoyed the randomness and stuff, great set-up and thanks to Glyph :)

Good play by Meadow and T-block. More Meadow in the end as that slot was consistent.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, and for the record.

Vote: Meadow or No MvP

T-Block didn't exactly do anything that screamed amazing play. He played well, but Meadow ultimately won the game for mafia.

T-block

B2B TST
Kantrip rejected my toast =(

How did Meadow win the game for mafia? Even if he didn't kill Gord in the end, I'm super confident we would have lynched you over me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I rejected your toast. I usually reject things from "shady strangers" as the PM from Glyph described approaching me. I thought it was townie that you were crumbing in thread telling me it was you, though, so I got confused. :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kantrip rejected my toast =(

How did Meadow win the game for mafia? Even if he didn't kill Gord in the end, I'm super confident we would have lynched you over me.
Meadow won the game because his play was stronger than yours. You were a fish out of water after the Acrostic debacle and Werekill getting lynched.

It's an additional element of play that could have DRASTICALLY changed endgame, and because he "unintentionally" removed himself from the game by attempting to kill me, you were able to secure an easy mislynch on an inactive, followed by his extra kill straight up securing your win.

We don't know how You vs. Me with Gord would have played out, regardless of how confident we are post-game.

T-block

B2B TST
I was not a fish out of water lol. I felt like I was in complete control of the game after Werekill got lynched.

Meadow targetted Gorf on the Night they died (hence why Gorf died last Night). I knew Meadow was indy, and decided that would be the best time to remove the indy from the game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
High five, TB! High five, Acrostic! :3

Vote: No MVP. Meadow won the game due to nk, but he gave off mad indy vibes and besides, doing your role and killing isn't mvp worthy.

Great game! Shout outs coming later.

Also, my role was bs. I was scum roleblocker. :troll: I thought that my rb might have killed Brosuke (making him burn up from overheating), so making town look for indy in case there wasn't one might have been handy.

@Glyph: What noob card did I play? No, really, haha. I gave self meta, but that was really it.

Anyway, I had fun with my first game as scum, and I'm glad that I was finally hit in the head for my bad habit of neutrality.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wanted to make sure my meta wasn't clouding me through a lot of it, which is why I did what I did T--Block.

Looks like I should have taken it seriously, oh well. Your right though, I doubt Gorf would have picked you over Zeke in Lylo.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Damn I jumped too early :c

GGs all, misread dat TBlock and was too thick headed to change my mind, was planning on a reread if another Day happened but... :c...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I personally agree with No MvP. If me and Laundry's night action coordination was stronger I'd argue our own MvP over this loss.

I do have to say though, if you guys were thinking we were indy, why weren't we lynched? I don't know if Gorf was catching on or if his hindsight is just 20/20 (though he was supposed to be dead anyways, freaking jump off a plane :mad:), or if soup only realized it because he was being lynched, or if the mafia were just like "oh bulletproof, must be indy," I personally feel our play this game was outrageously strong. For the entirety of the game we were viewed as definitely townie by the more influential players and were a large driving force wagons.

Also, this game came comically close to unfolding just like uTrick'd1. D1/2, Ryker takes charge of town with some outrageous power. D3 Laundry leaves. D4 everyone agrees that lynching soup would be an awfully good idea (although this time he avoided using a terrible gambit, kudos there) laundry also returns, last day I get lynched but I win the game because you lynched me.

#HBC | Gorf

I looked back after the Souptown flip lol. Had no idea before that though, and I'm not downsizing your play at all. I had to REEEEEEEALLY look into it, and even after I did I don't think I was confident enough to get a lynch through lol.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Thanks gorf. Tbh we did lynch soup expecting scum. At the very least, I think that quick lynch was hilarious. At the end of my discussion with Brosuke I came to this list.

Town
LAK

Null
Werekill
Gorf
Zeke

Scum
Soup
T-block

lol so many nulls and I forgot composer entirely. Gorf you were super obv town up until D3 when you took an almost leader position. Laundry really wanted to lynch Soup so we agreed on that. T-block would've been next, so admittedly nice job to him for taking us out before that.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I was aware that I was going to get lynched D1 the day after Ryker called me out. Cost benefit analysis, an Acrostic mafia flip would lead to town getting information on Ryker's alignment as a bus wouldn't be optimal on D1. Giving some information on Ryker's alignment versus saving me who was already under suspicion would be a no brainer decision given the high standard shared on Ryker's scumhunting prowess. I didn't think Ryker was going to change his mind on my lynch and I was also aware that he was blatantly stalling for hammer. If I was going to be pathetically lynched as scum on the first day, the last thing I would do is give connections to my partners in any shape or form. I already learned what it was like to be put into that position as scum in Majora's Mask mafia. I am not happy with my play this game, but I am happy that T-Block was able to win despite putting him in such a bad position early game. Sorry Werekill & T-Block. Big apologies.

#HBC | Gorf

I lynched em expecting scum too. And I don't regret lynching em either, cuz it WAS hilarious :p.

Had I NOT taken that leader position, similar to the one that I had to take in D Gray, a Werekill lynch simply would NOT have happened.

#HBC | Gorf

Dude Acro don't beat yourself up. Your play wasn't balls, and for a newer player I'd say it wasn't BAD. You just gotta work out the kinks mang.

Top Bottom