• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

theunabletable

Smash Lord
That makes sense, I'll try that.

I can't believe I actually didn't think of that, though, considering that the far majority of my experience is vs CPUs lol.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Practice playing consciously against a CPU Peach (or in BPC's case, Falco) until you don't need to think in order to play properly against them. This will not in itself fix the problem, but it helped me get through my own problem with doing that.
thisssssssssssssssssss

Kaffei

Smash Hero
In the beginning you Dsmashed at 0%. You could have used Ftilt instead, while keeping your Dsmash more fresh for future options.
Anytime Fox was close to you, you just dsmashed. You have a bad habit of spot dodging then Dsmashing. Overall, you used Dsmash way too much. You're lucky that this Fox is a terrible player because if you were playing someone like Meep or TKD you would have been *****.
You like to full hop nair. Try to mix up more versus better players.
Whenever you approach, you use Tornado from a mile away. Not only is this very easy to react to, you will get severely punished by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

This is just so... <_< All you're doing is Dsmash and Tornado. This Fox is so bad lmao.

You always air dodge to the ground too.

This is your MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50S5pS0Frbs

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I used tornado so much because a friend told me that vs. Fox I have to spawn tornado a lot. I must quit my habit of dsmashing all the time >.<

Kaffei

Smash Hero
No, Tornado is not that safe vs Fox. He is fast enough to punish it, especially if you're at kill% where an upsmash will kill at around 90.

NNID
Budget_Player
Tornado is actually really bad against fox. He will almost always pop out of the top and be able to airdodge to the ground before you can catch him again, at which point it's a free usmash/utilt string/dair->other stuff....

Player-4

See you in 25 years
There are harder characters to Tornado than Fox >_>

It really isn't bad, I find it a bit above average in the MU.

etecoon

Smash Hero
agreed, I don't think fox is particularly LIKELY to pop out at all, he just can hurt you really hard if he does

Jem.

Smash Master
fox can easily walk and shield tornado or just walk and jump away

also i only practice vs level 3 MK. just so i have the weight memorized forever, so i perfectly know regardless of DI what strings, etc.

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
I saw my vid and I see what you guys are saying. ;/

I was doing silly little things for no reason. I just got to play smarter.
And yea, I'm way to predictable.... I don't know how to stop doing that. >_<;

Thanks guys!

Grump

Smash Apprentice
And mine? :D jk

But you made that Snake player look easy >.> Is that really supposed to be one our harder MUs?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
hat doesn't practice and he's rusty. so i wouldn't look to deep into that match.

but yea i'll check out yours as well

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Omniiii you play sooo close to Snake. If the Snake was better he'd have punished you a lot more and pretty hard.

You should work more on your spacing. I don't really understand all the random Nairs. I like to save Nairs for juggling and KOs against Snake after waiting for their air dodge. Hmm could use more Nado and Dairs. Those are killers against Snake, and I know you used them a good amount but both need work. You're grounded a lot and didn't even grab once the first game and like twice the second game at the very end, try to get in some more grabs here and there. I also like to play more in the air against Snake, I feel safer and like I have more options.

That's pretty much all I have for now. Also, wtf is that second video?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i think its to like make it so people dont know if a certain match is the last game

against hat tho i wasnt playing top notch. i knew hat was rusty and i had been playing takeover all night before so i wasnt really playing cautiously

i like my match with deez tho. my banana control has gotten so much better. and my match with PS was really good

theunabletable

Smash Lord
After watching a match of you vs Meep... his Fox is sooo much worse than his ICs lol (the first one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68AAzUvY3QoA)

Why doesn't he punish you after he full hops over you and air dodges your ****? He did it a few times, but missed it a lot.

Uhm I noticed you didn't seem to nair him much. Like a couple times, you'd have your back to him while he's off stage, at the spacing where he'd ALWAYS Illusion to the stage, and you could've SH Nair'd oos to safely cover all of his options. If he didn't illusion, you would've been safe, if he'd canceled, he was at a spacing where he would've still hit your nair, and if he followed through, would've been hit as well.

You seemed to do pretty unsafe stuff when you were at kill percentage. Like look at your second death in the first game. I personally wouldn't really glide at all against Fox when I'm at kill percentage lol, but even if I did, the nair afterwards was REALLY unsafe (got you killed lol) and didn't cover any options.

And your second stock in the second game, when you were at like 130, you were being really unsafe. Like... actually dashing (and you weren't shielding very often). That's just asking to get upsmashed lol. And throwing out fairs while he's on the ground.

Like I noticed you weren't really dashing and shielding on that stock. You'd walk and shield, but when you dashed you never seemed to be covering his upsmash much with shield.

He wasn't punishing it, but you were veeeery punishable on that stock lol

Also, you can nair oos his dair, as long as you time it right.

It didn't seem like you were punishing his illusions consistently enough. Jab, nair, and nado work really, really well, but a lot of the time you didn't use those at all.

Meep just needs to work on the matchup, I think...

From what I was noticing, Meep was giving up stage control to you reaaaally easily. His stage control with Fox was kinda mediocre :/

One thing about fighting Fox. NEVER throw out stuff like fairs unless you KNOW they're going to hit (I wouldn't really use fair against Fox at all, really) because if he knows what he's doing in the matchup, he's WAITING for you to throw out that fair so that he can get his free upsmash on reaction.

Meep just doesn't look like he knows the matchup well; because you were throwing out some pretty risky stuff that should be covered lol (maybe I watch TKD too much, 'cause he punishes ****ing everything that CAN be punished without committing on reaction >_>). Like in the second match from that link, you were being kinda risky with a lot of your tornados.

And I think when he was on the ledge/off stage, you could've pressured him a little more optimally by being a liiiiiiittle bit closer to the ledge. Your usual ledge pressure spacing seemed just a bit far away from the area where you can punish a lot more of his stuff off reaction.

But other than those things, I like the way your overall spacing, and your juggling is good. Those are just some of the things I noticed from watching a few times. A lot of the stuff that I think you were doing incorrectly wasn't being punished, but a lot of those things were things that, if the Fox is paying attention to them, can be punished off of reaction, while not having to commit.

But I'm bad so my advice might be way off :/ Take it how you will, those are just what I noticed haha

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Before watching vids I'll tell you now, don't try to kill D3 with a GSL, if you're gonna kill him with SL you need to scoop him

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Critique:

I need help vs Coney's D3. I just need to know how to play safer and KILL HIM cause he never dies and I never know when to SL for kills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMeEpQj5FK4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBhuryey7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAyfcJ-LeJ4

The 3rd match made me mad. I didn't know the windmill can **** me over like that if I uthrow @__@.

Also subscribe for future vids of smashers. I upload/record anything people send me.
Neverrr glide attack DDD on stage. 95% of the time it will get shielded/ shield grabbed
be very very patient in this match up. u werent very patient.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
I request that my previous vids NOT get critiqued now. I've gotten a fresh bump up the learning curve now and they are fairly out of date.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, something I want to say about Nado. A lot of DDDs will shield a lot in this match up so either wait until their shield is depleted or get them in the air using a grab. Then start juggling with nado like crazy. If they are grounded and their shield is strong and you nado a lot it won't work i learned this the hard way

Top Bottom