• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
K, first tip: don't take olimar to Yoshi's island. It's probably his best starter. I'll try to find time to look at the matches, but it's really late and I have a plane to catch tomorrow morning...
^This^

Take an Olimar to stages like battlefield or lylat. Smashville is fine(better than FD or YI) but you want those two stages mainly. Against an olimar, attack him in the air a lot more and no matter what: keep pressure on him, make him feel like it's not safe to even pluck a pikmin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=QWjL4BQwLsI&annotation_id=annotation_460667
Really good example of playing aggro against an olimar imo. The other matches in the set are also worth the watch, just to give you a stronger idea how MK is played at high levels.

Hopefully I helped in some manner.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Can I post replay files?
My connection is so crappy that I can't post videos un Youtube at the time being... :urg:

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
edit: this is from watching game one. Just sayin.

I wrote a giant thing then it got deleted... IPhone sucks..

Ok, 8-bit.
First thing, slow your ftilt down. Be slower through it, because all 3 hits on shield is not safe. In this match, you did it and you got grabbed. No bueno.
Next is that glide. You used it to recover, then glided straight into him and did the attack everytime. Try not to make your attack/approah patterns so linear. Mix it up!
Last is shuttle loop. You got predictable with it. Try not to be so repetitive with it, because the second they catch on, they'll start doing bad things everytime they predict it.

I'm still learning mk, so correct me if I'm wrong on any of this poop. Hopefully I said Something helpful haha

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
gliding vs olimar is VERY bad, also, stop ftilt EVERY 2 seconds. just stand there or somethin. Wait for him to do **** and punish it... nair the pikmin off you. but seriously a LOT less Ftilt

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Actually gliding against Olimar is pretty good and probably your best approach. You just have to do it the right way.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Actually gliding against Olimar is pretty good and probably your best approach. You just have to do it the right way.
this

i think... idk glide attack vs oli if i can get in w/ it is SOOOO good lmao

he has to read what you do after it im pretty sure you can dsmash him before his grab gets you when spaced right

also LOL @ the dev avi

Player-4

See you in 25 years
this

i think... idk glide attack vs oli if i can get in w/ it is SOOOO good lmao

he has to read what you do after it im pretty sure you can dsmash him before his grab gets you when spaced right

also LOL @ the dev avi
Yeah, or Dtilt, which is really good too.

And I love Dev lmao, she's hot :embarrass:

Jem.

Smash Master
Winners Finals 1
Winners Finals 2
Winners Finals 3
Winners Finals 4

So I just recently picked up MK. How am I doing? Other than the random unintentional jabs and the occasional bad timing/tech on a move is there anything I'm doing 'wrong'? Input is appreciated ;)
I only watched game 1, when falcos go for the laser lock, jump out of the tumble. The falco player also didn't seem too good, no offense. On the second stock, he missed two chances to chain grab you when you were at 0-4% but he did full length jab instead for some reason. Vs american falcos (or just better ones, i guess) you need to play a lot campier. If a falco is going to just short hop double laser, Nado after the higher laser shoots. It'll keep him more grounded. The first kill was nice on your part, but I wouldn't bank on that working often so don't consistently for go that. Just nado when falco recovers too, you can catch falco so he can't even hit the ledge if you just go off the ledge a tiny bit with your nado then back on.

EDIT: Watched game 2. He yet again missed a chain grab opportunity to start the game. Gotta jump out of the tumble! and HOW DID YOU NOT MAKE THE LEDGE?! WTF?! Did you hold the wrong way after your up b? For those wondering, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYClXkHLgdo#t=3m22s

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Yes I wish I knew how I missed the ledge there. I actually posted it in the Q&A thread here. I wasnt doing anything unusual, just SL'ing onto the ledge as normal, I died a little bit inside when that happened on the day. I think its just more proof this game is broken :p

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey, I'd Just thought I'd Post A Game i did against a Friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0cmmlmabQ

I know I'm not very good I've only played for about a week

So yeah

0:09: NEVER roll towards/behind your opponent. It's really laggy and very unsafe. If that falco had been good, he would've grabbed you (lol@him saying "I can't beat a metaknight on a counterpick"). In fact, in general, you roll way too much. This gets you grabbed at the beginning of your second stock.
0:12: random tornado is random. If he's just sitting there on the ledge, there are better options; especially on that part of RC (ftilt hit him in the exact same situation just a little bit later in the vid). It forced you to retreat-not a good thing when your opponent is on the ledge.
0:27: Utilt >>> usmash
1:17: missed a perfect opportunity for a grab, dsmash, whatever-you could've put him in a LOUSY position there, but you missed the read.
1:30: WTF@Drill rush? Don't do that.
1:53: OUCH. You can recover there by pressing forward to land on the platform, or just not blowing all your jumps and drill rushing from below.

I stopped about there... Basically, you really just need to learn your character. There are a few obvious mistakes you keep making over and over again (like rolling into/around your opponent-BIG mistake; or just completely choosing wrong options/spacing poorly). The only reason you won was because your opponent was even worse. :(

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Yeah its actually pretty good, I see m2k use it regularly too. However as always, rolling predictably all the time is a bad thing and you will get punished for it, it works well as a mindgame.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
*illmatic appears instead

Metaknight's Froll is amazing.

Dojo

Smash Champion
*Zori sacrifices 3 cards as tribute (Illmatic being one of them <3)*

Um seriously you probably could of won jb. You sd'd.... every stock lol. Try practicing reverse shuttle looping so that if you don't autograb the ledge you'll land on stage. This way you can still knock DK out of his Up-B but won't die if you miss. You just have to be a bit further under stage to make it happen.

I only watched it once so I'm prolly missing a few things on stage but it seemed pretty solid for the most part. Just work on your edge play some. Huge problem I see with a lot of people is being uncomfortable offstage and around the edge.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
*Zori sacrifices 3 cards as tribute (Illmatic being one of them <3)*

Um seriously you probably could of won jb. You sd'd.... every stock lol. Try practicing reverse shuttle looping so that if you don't autograb the ledge you'll land on stage. This way you can still knock DK out of his Up-B but won't die if you miss. You just have to be a bit further under stage to make it happen.

I only watched it once so I'm prolly missing a few things on stage but it seemed pretty solid for the most part. Just work on your edge play some. Huge problem I see with a lot of people is being uncomfortable offstage and around the edge.
i know xD. If you pay attention I ***** him so bad 2nd stock where like... I didnt take any damage... and then proceed to kill myself. I know the problem is that I got too wreckless offstage... but I'll work on it! Btw are you gonna come back Dojo? Still haven't met ya

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
yeah, quite honestly, the only thing i saw was like at 0:15 where fall through platform Uair would've been a better option lol. that's such a little thing though. you played well just... SDed...

Top Bottom