• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VIDEO SMASH NEXUS - forum is up!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Some videos will be hosted, but only specific ones by me.

I will also be taking the initiative to show people how to download YouTube and Google Video videos to their PCs to help make this more helpful :)

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Dunno how easy it would be, could you code it somehow to embed the videos into the site with links from youtube or whatever? stream them from youtube to the nexus? Oh, and direct download links for those videos will be awesome!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dunno how easy it would be, could you code it somehow to embed the videos into the site with links from youtube or whatever? stream them from youtube to the nexus? Oh, and direct download links for those videos will be awesome!
It would only be direct download for a few that I decide to host myself. This will more than likely be only specific tournament videos that I get ahold of.

As for directly imbedding onto the site.... that may take some extra work that I'm not sure Buzz would be up to! Buzz has a lot on his plate with this :)

See, that would involve adding this to every video:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pd_8RUmUTeU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pd_8RUmUTeU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

If Buzz is up to it, I actually really like the idea. I'd have to talk to him about it because he is doing the coding!

As a side note, does anyone here happen to be good at making buttons? We are in need of buttons to use in the project, specifically ones for:

deleting a video (big red X)
flagging a video as inappropriate (a red flag)
saving a video to favorites (heart)
viewing video (magnifying glass?)

and a few others. I've found some free ones, but if anyone here is willing to make some, it'd always be better!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think embedding videos into the Nexus itself is a great idea. As for downloading Yotube and Google videos, just get the plug-in for Firefox...
There are a couple ways to do it :)

I'll be going over all that I can find.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Embedding videos is a great idea, but sadly I have to give it the response I give most ideas right now: yes, I can easily implement it, but it is very low in the task list. I will definitely work on that, though. ;)

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Can the players be listed in order of who wins? Like if its Ken (Marth) vs Darkrain (Falcon), then that would mean that Ken won because he was listed first? Sometimes I just want to see a video of my favorite character winning, and I don't know what happens until the video is completely finished loading.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Can the players be listed in order of who wins? Like if its Ken (Marth) vs Darkrain (Falcon), then that would mean that Ken won because he was listed first? Sometimes I just want to see a video of my favorite character winning, and I don't know what happens until the video is completely finished loading.
Had I thought of that at the very beginning, yes, but since I didn't... no. :(

The search results place left/right based on your search query. If you're really weird, you can search Ken using only the opponent field (leaving the first player blank), and you'll find Ken videos with Ken always on the right. It's a database trick-type thingy... :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
While it would be nice to have a place you could highlight to see the winner, it isn't that big of a deal. We have sooooo many things for us (see: Buzz) to do, that this would just be way way way down on the list.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Hopefully someone will record some matches at the PK Tournament so I can get them indexed. I'll see about finding someone to record.

Coaxial cable

Smash Apprentice
I think I actually prefer not knowing who wins before I watch it. Sometimes it can be a real edge-of-the seat thing. :p

Also, indicating the winner of every match would be a real strain on the submission process.

Hey Buzz, look! I'm finally posting stuff.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is it soon ready?
The beta works with what we have finished. There is a surprisingly low amount of "bug fixes", and any we have found (the few there are) have been fixed literally fifteen seconds later.

We've just gotta add some more features to it, and then make sure we've uploaded a few videos to it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Just to give everyone an update, I've run into a couple issues regarding my latest programming endeavors. I need to finish up things with school. My final is next week, and I best not biff it. In the meantime, the indexing is going pretty well. There will be a healthy stash of videos on release! :)

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
as soon as this thing is up imma search for all my favorite young link players,

Caveman, Buzz, and of course Wak b4 he.... *sniff sniff*

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Buzz (my husband) has worked very hard on this, and.... its coming along. He's working on other projects before he comes back to it, so it'll be a little longer.

Have faith, he's gonna pull it off!!! :D

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Buzz (my husband) has worked very hard on this, and.... its coming along. He's working on other projects before he comes back to it, so it'll be a little longer.

Have faith, he's gonna pull it off!!! :D
nice for 2 reasons.
#1: Buzz's wife post on smashboards.
#2: Working hard.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Alright, I have overcome my computer hardware issue. The work on the Nexus has resumed. ^_^

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
And that means less time spent with me. :( Oh well, just know you guys are making him sacrifice wife time! LOL

JK - I love what he is doing!

I didn't know you posted on Smashboards!! That's cool. Buzz got the right girl, alright. No doubt.

Buzz shall be finished with the project when he's finished. He's almost done, and when he is, I personally think it will have been well worth the wait, so let's give him all the time he needs, eh people? Keep it up Buzz, you're on the home stretch of this thing!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Erich. I'm not as debate happy as Buzz is on the forums, but I get around. So far I've made a few friends. Buzz is teaching me all he knows about Link so I'm getting pretty good. So far, he says I'm the "queen" of teching and air dodging. I'm practicing at edge hogging (not so good yet), and I have beat him once in 4 player mode and on 1-on-1.

I have yet much to learn. ^_^

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Female gamers confuse me. Are you genuinely interested in a competitive game?
I am trying. I know I can't compete now. I know I'm better than average because of everything Buzz has taught me about Link and Young Link, but once Brawl hits, Buzz and I will practice hard, and hopefully we can go to tournaments together. :)

Thanks Erich. I'm not as debate happy as Buzz is on the forums, but I get around. So far I've made a few friends. Buzz is teaching me all he knows about Link so I'm getting pretty good. So far, he says I'm the "queen" of teching and air dodging. I'm practicing at edge hogging (not so good yet), and I have beat him once in 4 player mode and on 1-on-1.

I have yet much to learn. ^_^
Heh, you're already doing better than I did. I was one of the biggest noobs in the world when I entered this site, and then me and Sinz posted some videos and, well...we weren't popular for being bad at the game. 'Course, I was only 13, so I was also rather immature, ja? Anyways, took me several months to make some good friends on here. But that's long in the past. It seems you're progressing pretty well too. Teching is a difficult thing to do, especially on the ledge. Just gotta move on to wavedashing and lord knows whatever else there is to learn about this game.:psycho: Too much.

Anyways, good luck finishing up Buzz.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, you're already doing better than I did. I was one of the biggest noobs in the world when I entered this site, and then me and Sinz posted some videos and, well...we weren't popular for being bad at the game. 'Course, I was only 13, so I was also rather immature, ja? Anyways, took me several months to make some good friends on here. But that's long in the past. It seems you're progressing pretty well too. Teching is a difficult thing to do, especially on the ledge. Just gotta move on to wavedashing and lord knows whatever else there is to learn about this game.:psycho: Too much.

Anyways, good luck finishing up Buzz.
Hey thanks. I'm having fun. Buzz can be merciful sometimes. LOL All I hear anymore is that wavedashing may or may not be taken out of brawl. I hope not, I'm getting pretty good at that! I discovered it on accident. hehe And Buzz always has something up his sleeve to teach me. Seems like this game has never ending secrets! :D

gator0440

Smash Rookie
this looks cool and buzz thanks for doing this for everyone i know its a lot of stress on you but it will be worth it xD

keep up the hard work man!

Binx

Smash Master
Wow, thats sweet a TV Links for smash, I cant tell you how nice this will be to actually be able to find vids from known players.

Thank you so much =)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to see this done, i bet you'll get great response from all SWF members, i'm rellay lookin forward to see this done.

Jihnsius: You are missing the Solar system on your adress, unless you dont want people to find out where you live or you might be talking about some other planet Earth.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
You missed my question altogether, sugar. The question was; as a female are you genuinely interested in competitive gaming? The desire to be competitive is usually caused by testosterone, so that's where my confusion is raised.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, google takes me right here, with the "I feel lucky". sweet. I could only find another link to brawlcentral/nexus.php or something, but the "page could not be displayed". :(

Top Bottom