• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
wtf...???? lol
LOL reminds me. I haven't been on aim(I'm at my cousins), so you'll have to tell me if you got laughed at when I get home :bee:

4nace is trash and isn't valued, just his money which isn't worth the *****ing anyway.

Inui is amazing(host/person/smasher).

Dorney Park was great XD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Mad World, mad world

Lobos

Smash Master
^gtfo

Live stream was fun....for trolling...

lol pride lost weight? Good ****....yoshi still sucks tho

Also good stuff ally, keep ****** those mks

MD/VA WHERE YOU AT!?!?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Jason people want change in this game, it's easier to root for an underdog.

There are no real arguements until the rest of MD/VA comes in here..
*summoned*

lol m2k. I have nothing against u running away, but gliding under the stage back and forth is kinda a little extreme. I know people are gonna justify ice climbers should be camped that hard, but as slikvik was saying if you played any character like that it would instantly get mk banned easily. I know you wanna win money really badly and stuff, but outta all the mks ur the only one who correctly spaces right against ic (i feel like). If we play on a regular basis on big tournies im gonna make it so a TO comes and watch all our matches and have it recorded. Possibly have really strict rules on how badly you can camp off the ledge <_< (i guess 3 warnings?).

I have respect for you so i didnt want any of our **** recorded because the way you played would have gotten ur character banned.

Apparently a lot of rulesets ive been seeing now discourage excessive timer running. I guess u need to abide by that even if you dont break the ledge grab rule.

I think its a little silly you say a lot of brawl players suck too except ally. You obviously need to run away the entire time from me to win. What does that really say about you? (lolol if anyone says it takes extreme skill to glide under the stage back and forth to win can eat a **** that ****s mad easy to do).

I love you m2k, but im not gonna accept you playing gay against me and sugar coating it against everyone else you play. YOu know you can beat anyone with the way you played against me and possibly get mk banned.

You can say i can come off as b1tchy and ****. Wow look its the ice climber player lets see how extreme we can stretch the rules!!! You people dont understand how stressed out i feel because I have to actually pay really close attention to rulesets and actually decide to go to tournies off of how enforced those rulesets are because of silly stuff like that i refuse to go to pound 4.
I feel you...but you can't miss pound 4

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
lol m2k. I have nothing against u running away, but gliding under the stage back and forth is kinda a little extreme. I know people are gonna justify ice climbers should be camped that hard, but as slikvik was saying if you played any character like that it would instantly get mk banned easily. I know you wanna win money really badly and stuff, but outta all the mks ur the only one who correctly spaces right against ic (i feel like). If we play on a regular basis on big tournies im gonna make it so a TO comes and watch all our matches and have it recorded. Possibly have really strict rules on how badly you can camp off the ledge <_< (i guess 3 warnings?).

I have respect for you so i didnt want any of our **** recorded because the way you played would have gotten ur character banned.

Apparently a lot of rulesets ive been seeing now discourage excessive timer running. I guess u need to abide by that even if you dont break the ledge grab rule.

I think its a little silly you say a lot of brawl players suck too except ally. You obviously need to run away the entire time from me to win. What does that really say about you? (lolol if anyone says it takes extreme skill to glide under the stage back and forth to win can eat a **** that ****s mad easy to do).

I love you m2k, but im not gonna accept you playing gay against me and sugar coating it against everyone else you play. YOu know you can beat anyone with the way you played against me and possibly get mk banned.

You can say i can come off as b1tchy and ****. Wow look its the ice climber player lets see how extreme we can stretch the rules!!! You people dont understand how stressed out i feel because I have to actually pay really close attention to rulesets and actually decide to go to tournies off of how enforced those rulesets are because of silly stuff like that i refuse to go to pound 4.
If that all it takes to beat you then how come tyrant didn't win? I also find it weird that your sig says don't get grabbed and when someone does things not to get grabbed you cry about it. But whatever I guess whenever someone see's an IC they should just let them grab them and have a stock taken right?

Gnes

Smash Master
If that all it takes to beat you then how come tyrant didn't win? I also find it weird that your sig says don't get grabbed and when someone does things not to get grabbed you cry about it. But whatever I guess whenever someone see's an IC they should just let them grab them and have a stock taken right?
What he means is that m2k basically made the game unplayable. I mean i get u were trolling him, but after hearing the description of what m2k did, im thinking that meep is in the right to complain.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Tyrant on Bum's account

Yeah i had pretty bad luck out here =( but it's cool i had alot of fun and east coast is no joke man!

You guys hella impressed me and i think you guys are probably the best coast.
I'll do shoutouts when i get home 2marrow but just wanted to say this **** was fun!

and good stuff to anti and meep you guys are definately ****!
and i thought tyrant was mad....
@TO

I'm not going to feel sorry for you if you cram 100 people into a venue like that and then try to run the whole thing by yourself. (or with 1 to 2 friends)

The top 8ers will always have fun at a tournament because guess what? They're guaranteed a crapload of matches, while I left yours playing around 5-6 matches counting friendlies in 6 hours of being there. Thank you, but I'll take my money to Inuis or Chibos first.
I COMPLETLY AGREE.................. THAT YOU SHOULD GO DIE.

I defended Alex's event, then he randomly attacked me twice without being provoked, to which I responded pretty politely, and then he threatened to hurt me.

Yes, I was the one flaming here!
we'll said inui we'll said.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Wrong. I find many other ways to avoid being grabbed like air camping and just playing spacing. But gliding under the stage the whole game is diffrent and meep sure as hell isnt crying about it he said it very nicely AND DINT EVEN HAVE THE MATCHES RECORDED JUST SO MK DINT GET BAN, i agree with meep even when i use mk also the cable match mew2king played gay.

DOUBLE POST SORRY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What he means is that m2k basically made the game unplayable. I mean i get u were trolling him, but after hearing the description of what m2k did, im thinking that meep is in the right to complain.
I'd have to disagree. If you're playing a character where one grab is almost 90% chance of losing a stock then the game is already unplayable. The CG from the IC is pretty broken and if you're playing a character like that at the level meep is playing at. Expect to get camped and don't complain when people do. Because the **** he's complaining about the IC CG is just as bad IMO.

Wrong. I find many other ways to avoid being grabbed like air camping and just playing spacing. But gliding under the stage the whole game is diffrent and meep sure as hell isnt crying about it he said it very nicely AND DINT EVEN HAVE THE MATCHES RECORDED JUST SO MK DINT GET BAN, i agree with meep even when i use mk also the cable match mew2king played gay.

DOUBLE POST SORRY
Then he should of CP Yoshi's ISland if it was that much of a problem. No excuses really. M2k doesn't want to get grabbed. Air camping/spacing can only take you so far eventually you will get grabbed. Gliding under the stage for a couple of seconds isn't bad. Hell I might start biking under the stage with Wario. ;P. IC CG is gay.

Gnes

Smash Master
Camping is one thing. Being stalled is another. Thats all i and kingz are saying. But I can obviously tell you aren't a "fan" of the ice climbers so I'll stop talking about this. On another note, I wonder what would happen if me and ADHD teamed.

Palpi

Smash Hero
You would probably be really annoying.

The main thing about IC's is while your are trying to not get grabbed you often leave your self open for u-airs or any of these non grabs :)

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Bronx NY, Pasadena California &quot;Tag name: KS13
I probably talked to you or probably didn't but, you're a *******. Those 5 reasons were stupid as hell.

Obsession on me? Well M2K HAS BEEN around smash for 7+ years winning all the tourneys or most of em, I've been around a year or so in Smash, why wouldn't they root for me?

Also people will ***** if the turnout is bad, better have 100 ppl and be stucked than having 26 ppl showing up and have a nothing to do LOL.

Alex Strife is the best TO on the EC, did you even go to Apex? Who are you to insult his amazing work? WE'VE heard like MILLIONS of time some people being called.

I'm pretty sure in the tourney's page, it says that you'll be DQ if you're not in the venue when called unless you notified the host of being absent for few mins to get food or w-e.

TL;DR GTFO. And go spend your money somewhere else or go to smashfests. You're obviously *****ing and you'll get no respect at all, especially no mercy for being a new comer. LOL

I'll do shoutouts tomorrow, I'm madddd tired + got home like an hour ago x.x **** traffic lol. I LOVE YOU ALEX STRIFE, KEEP ****** WITH YOUR TO's skills. Also Thanks to Chibo for helpng Alex when he went out for a few mins. you two together should host events often ^^. VIVA VIRIDIAN CITY.
Ally is 100% right here. Honestly if people starts *****ing about Alex's tourneys then why show up? Its basically not his fault. Alex is and has always been the best TO so far. I may not know Alex that well but hes an awesome guy doing this for all of us. Be thankful we have Monthlies thanks to him.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Camping is one thing. Being stalled is another. Thats all i and kingz are saying. But I can obviously tell you aren't a "fan" of the ice climbers so I'll stop talking about this. On another note, I wonder what would happen if me and ADHD teamed.
I don't see that much off a difference except for the if he air camps there's a chance for him to get hit with uairs as opposed to gliding under the stage which is safer.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
I'd have to disagree. If you're playing a character where one grab is almost 90% chance of losing a stock then the game is already unplayable. The CG from the IC is pretty broken and if you're playing a character like that at the level meep is playing at. Expect to get camped and don't complain when people do. Because the **** he's complaining about the IC CG is just as bad IMO.

Then he should of CP Yoshi's ISland if it was that much of a problem. No excuses really. M2k doesn't want to get grabbed. Air camping/spacing can only take you so far eventually you will get grabbed. Gliding under the stage for a couple of seconds isn't bad. Hell I might start biking under the stage with Wario. ;P. IC CG is gay.
Sorry wrong again. 3 matches in a set amirite? IC's chain grabs take more skill than you could imagine o learn all the trixies and actually get the grabs off. m2k stalled the entire game not just for a few seconds. I do think meep should have got the match win or lose or at least m2k should've got a warning. If you think ics chain grab is so gay learn IC's and play them please. :laugh:

meepxzero

Smash Master
o man is this guy foreall lol...

im glad people are agreeing with my viewpoint even tho i play a really gay character. I honestly respect both view points (when the other side makes a legit arguement not this ret4rd), but its kinda depressing when you have no choice but to jump off stage and fight mk.

im ending on this note about this. Its a results thread. m2k always apologizes after he plays me. even he knows what hes doing is not right. Its up to the TOs to find a fair ruling on what to do about mk stalling without breaking the ledge grab rule because someone on the calibur of m2k will find a way.

slikvik

Smash Master

there's a difference between camping and stalling. I was right there. m2k was definitely stalling. It shouldn't be considered acceptable. If all mks played like that, it would be literally impossible to ever win

If that all it takes to beat you then how come tyrant didn't win?
Even tyrant looked at how m2k was playing and said "that's so dishonorable"

Palpi

Smash Hero
How many times have you beaten M2k Meeps? Once or twice?

M2k was just getting done saying that "Meep and lain still fall for same stuff I do every time." I don't understand why he would hardcore plank you. Seems mad beat.

meepxzero

Smash Master
How many times have you beaten M2k Meeps? Once or twice?

M2k was just getting done saying that "Meep and lain still fall for same stuff I do every time." I don't understand why he would hardcore plank you. Seems mad beat.
I feel like he can fight me. Hes just afraid of trying especially in losers final. He got scared cuz he got 3 stocked trying to attack me first game of losers final like he was saying. So he just chose the easiest way to win.

I know the winners bracket match got recorded and dont judge the stuff he was doing on smashville from that match. It didnt bother me when he did it then. It bothered me when he did it every other second in losers final.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ally I wish more ppl would root for you but it's still annoying that my own HOMESTATE doesn't seem to care when we fight and other regions come and I get no support. idk if any of your post was directed toward me or not tho
I was rooting for you, br0ski. Enemy Controller, your crew, wants you to win. ;)

Inui is amazing(host/person/smasher).
:bee:

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
slikvik is right, isnt there a ledge grab rule or something? there should be something for stalling not on the ledge too, like you have to approach someone within 1min. i feel sorry for meep, but hes ****ing beast. good **** meep btw

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Sorry wrong again. 3 matches in a set amirite? IC's chain grabs take more skill than you could imagine o learn all the trixies and actually get the grabs off. m2k stalled the entire game not just for a few seconds. I do think meep should have got the match win or lose or at least m2k should've got a warning. If you think ics chain grab is so gay learn IC's and play them please. :laugh:
I am fully aware of how much skill it takes to master the IC CG. The same way I am also fully aware how much time it takes to play this game at a high level. Like I said already if gliding under the stage was all it took for meep to lose then why didn't tyrant win? It seems simply enough. Play to your characters strength will taking advantage of your opponents weakness. I don't see anything wrong with that. Just because it's MK people have a problem with it. If a Pit player did that it probably wouldn't even be a problem. Once you take the time out to master the Cg it becomes ridc man. That's truefax.

there's a difference between camping and stalling. I was right there. m2k was definitely stalling. It shouldn't be considered acceptable. If all mks played like that, it would be literally impossible to ever win
So camping good stalling/planking bad? I still don't see much of a difference between any of those things. If you're camping the timer is still running out. You can even pass up on opportunities on attacking in order to camp. In my view camping is just another means of stalling. If I get a stock lead i'll air camp. I think the problem is the limited options that the IC's have in order to deal with the way M2K played the match. I'm not sure if any character can respond appropriately to it. But it's safe and I'll just call it glide camping.

@meep I wouldn't take the apology to heart. He still did it still does it and still beat you. If he really meant it he wouldn't of done it in the first place.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Even tyrant looked at how m2k was playing and said "that's so dishonorable"
I most be getting the games mixed up I thought their wasn't any honor in smash or that the motto was play to win. Can you correct me if I'm wrong? Tryant also lost while m2k advance not saying but I'm saying.

slikvik

Smash Master
I most be getting the games mixed up I thought their wasn't any honor in smash or that the motto was play to win. Can you correct me if I'm wrong? Tryant also lost while m2k advance not saying but I'm saying.

I'm not sure if any character can respond appropriately to it
this. m2k won a match by blatant stalling, using a method that no character can effectively combat. It's pretty much game breaking. It's just that no one usually does it to this extent and the stalling rule rarely gets enforced.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
this. m2k won a match by blatant stalling, using a method that no character can effectively combat. It's pretty much game breaking. It's just that no one usually does it to this extent and the stalling rule rarely gets enforced.
as if i couldent have said it better my self.

iRJi

Smash Champion
If the stalling rule was being used in that extent, meep could have simply just called it out and have it monitored. However, he was using the fact that his character can glide to the other side from a part of the stage where no one can even access. To avoid things like this, better C/P's need to be used. Anything with platforms makes the slight change needed from camping to stalling.

About the Alex Strife Tourney:

It was well ran. People who are complaining about how they didn't get to play all that much are out of their mind. It would be their fault for not speaking up and asking people if they wanted to play matches or not. I got matches all day long, why couldn't the people who said they didn't get any?

Alex, you obviously know what you are doing with your tourneys, and since it was in a fairly small space I give congrats to you.

Also about who holds better tourneys:

It doesn't matter. If the tourney is held in a good amount of time, and everyone is having fun in the progress, I don't see why this should be an issue. Ending a tourney at midnight is nothing, and for the people who have an issue with that need to attend more tourney's for other games, because its a common thing where ever you go. I personally like Inui's tourny's, even if they end "late" on a definition term to some people. Grow as a community, and stop fighting. It kills the fun. There is a fine line between just being children with your actions, and being competitive.

Ally:

I wanna money match you again, while we are not getting rushed out the store by the owner =[. It was fun playing with you.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
So why they didn't ban M2K?
From what I've understand he continue to glide under SV.
If a Puff main dose that in melee on porpuse he 'll get his *** banned immediately.

Meep you have all my respect.
ICs CG are really annoying but at least they have some bad match up.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ally I wish more ppl would root for you but it's still annoying that my own HOMESTATE doesn't seem to care when we fight and other regions come and I get no support. idk if any of your post was directed toward me or not tho
You are arguably the best in the world at this game.

As for any game, it gets boring seeing the same person win so people vote for the rookie in the match most of the time.

I will admit that you are rooted against more than most other people are in different games but that's what happens when you win too much :p

Also I'm pretty sure people aren't happy to hear you win in Jersey when you don't live here anymore.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I absolutely despise the infinites from the ice climbers and I think jason is pretty cool, but the match on smashville deserved to be recorded. It was legit unfair and altho I do think running the time against Ice climbers is the best strategy...I believe you should run the time in a space where they at least have a chance to hit u. I mean if you do everything right...they wont hit u anyway, but at least give them the opportunity to capitalize on player error.

Jason played incredibly gay vs Cable as well. I remained neutral on the cheering, but I don't get how you can expect NJ/NY to cheer for you when you time people out and play as gay as possible against any tournament threat. Ally plays people straight up...thus we root for him. No1 has been timed out by Ally. Ally doesnt beat DK with just B. Ally wont go to the ledge and wear down his opponents patience with upairs and do chip damage. He beats people legitimately and is alot of fun to play against. That is why people cheer for him.

Why would NJ cheer for you if you gayed out Cable...who is from NJ??? Why would MD/VA cheer for you after you gayed out Meep??? You can't have it both ways. You can't play like a complete fa ggot and then want everyone to be like "GO JASON!!! GLIDE UNDER THAT STAGE!!!" or "YEAH MEW2KING!! TORNADO HIM FOR THE 99TH TIME!!!". Ally is just generally more entertaining to play against and to watch than you. I mean....you against horrid people is very entertaining. You do all kinds of crazy things and show a great mastery of MK. But you against someone that could legitimately beat you?? M2Gay. 6 minutes minimum. Lots of ledge play. 100s of nados. Simply put, its incredibly boring for us to watch. So yes...in this incredibly campy game...we cheer for the person who makes it the most interesting. That used to be you, but in the interest of winning you've become the furthest thing from it.

Jason I still think you are a pretty cool dude and all, but you can't type stuff like that pretending to be a victim.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ya'll are really great for supporting Alex, really.

I'm not getting into it too much because I just read that "comment" now and everyone has really done a great job speaking up but I just have a couple things:

I mean I love playing Smash and I like learning ways to improve, but I find its really hard to muster through the ego-infested/immature smashers to find the good ones who would actually take the time to help a newbie like me improve (because I'm sure there were more there). The community really helps in making the smash tournaments not fun for me. I haven't especially enjoyed any of the tournies I've gone to except Battle Royale because the TO's are really chill and the venue is much better than any ive seen.
As you pointed out you haven't been in the community for a while. Which means, you really don't know what it's like to work with limited amounts of space. A BIGGER venue does not automatically mean a BETTER tournament. Back in 07' Alex brought me to Parallax in Long Island, the venue was even smaller than this venue but everyone who went there (and yes there were a lot of people crammed in there) had a fantastic time. This venue is def. not as small as some others and the owners with Alex and I have worked to try to give this place more space over time. You work with what you have, to give the players the best experience. NOT JUST TOP PLAYERS!

With the mentality you have, you won't progress far even just as a member of the community. Because the players are not there to cater to you. If you want a friendly, either get there early or wait until the tournament starts to relax. There were PLENTY of friendly set ups towards the end and all you have to say is "I CALL NEXT" and voila, you have next! If you just mope around the venue waiting for people to feel sorry for you and be like "Hey newb, wanna play some matches you look like you might have some potential even though I never played you" you're obviously dreaming.

You always have to gain anyone's respect even outside of smash, especially as a player. When I first started smash I obviously didn't know anyone, but I became friends with tons of people over time. If you're too scared to talk to people then you shouldn't be in this community. It's too grand and great to have others like you, putting down our tournaments for silly and selfish reasons.

Alex always does his best in accommodating new players and I obviously talk to him one on one and know that he never just caters to the top players. Even myself, which I struggled for sometime to keep costs for players low, because I wanted the newer players to come in and enjoy themselves without having to shell out so much money. For shame in thinking that everyone however, needs to cater to YOU and you alone.

Top Bottom