• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visible Hitbubbles in PSA!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Is it possible to get orbs of different colors? If so, it may be possible to differentiate defensive bubbles, offensive bubbles and catch bubbles.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
!!!! 16 17 18 might be the z,y, and x ROTATION we should use to emulate the stretchy hitboxes that Shell alluded to.

Someone please check.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@phootbag: this process uses a specific graphic, a yellow orb, that happens to match the hitbox size perfectly, so different colors aren't an easy option.

!!!! 16 17 18 might be the z,y, and x ROTATION we should use to emulate the stretchy hitboxes that Shell alluded to.

Someone please check.
Unfortunately, rotating a sphere doesn't do anything...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You're right. It didn't do anything, and 16,17,and 18 are most likely z,y,and x rotation.

This was a useless find.

-Ran

Smash Master
Great job guys. I look forward to the day that we'll have them all done, and in a format that people can install to their Wii to practice with.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm looking forward to seeing Game and Watch's disjointed hitboxes! Finding this information is actually really exciting and helpful for each character.

Browny

Smash Hater
btw I truly doubt this current method can be used to measure the extent of a disjoint. it currently only shows the hitbox, and its quite wrong to assume the hitbox for every attack is directly attached to all body parts (see sonic/peach uair, kirby/d3 bair)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
People should keep in mind that hitboxes interpolate ("stretch") between the locations of the previous frame's and current frame's hitbox locations.

The hitboxes aren't perfect circles because they're a combination of two different locations, as you can see above -- the higher stretched portion is the location where the fist was the previous frame. Magus has confirmed that hitboxes work similarly in Brawl.

Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.
After watching the Snake F-air video, you can see the hitbox move with his body, so the glow will move with the hitbox, so we don't have to worry about this

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The only move that this is worrysome for so far is utilt.
I still find the unmarked 3-5 7-9 parameter groups suspicious.
I'll continue Wario's hitboxes.

*reads thread again*

So THAT's what the other parameters were.

Doval

Smash Lord
@RocketPSIence: You're not getting it. SHeLL is saying (and very well may be right, I haven't checked, but if Magus says so...) that like in Melee, the hitboxes that are currently out include the position they were at in the previous frame (see screenshot - Ganon's hitboxes are supposed to be two spheres, but you can clearly see they've left a trail with their previous position.) This means that what we see with PSA is slightly wrong - whenever there's a big and sudden movement (say, Snake's up-tilt, which has two distinct positions - the hitboxes jump from being in front of him to being above him abruptly) you have to remember that the hitbox includes its position in the last frame and everything in between.

EDIT: SHeLL/Magus is right. Enable Debug Pause, choose Snake and ZSS (ZSS's jab comes out in one frame which makes it ideal for this sort of thing.) PSA shows Snake's up-tilt as having hitboxes in front of him during frames 6-7 and then they suddenly shift to being on top of him starting on frame 8. Make ZSS stand right in front of where Snake's up-tilt hitboxes will appear. Do Snake's up tilt, and on frame 7 input a jab with ZSS (so the jab shows up on frame 8.) You'll see that even though the screen shows the hitboxes as being above Snake, ZSS's jab will clank showing that the hitbox is still in front of Snake too.

shanus

Smash Hero
This method also does not show when hurtboxes become intangible during moves (aka fox's head during upsmash, etc)

Doval

Smash Lord
That's true, but at least we can know if the move has any sort of invincibility and when by looking at PSA. Anyone interested in learning more about their character SHOULD be looking for that sort of thing when they study the PSA file.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK. Wario froze the game. All I did was try to jab after a down taunt.
Can someone tell me the problem?

I set the GFX parameter to

If Bit Is Set: LA-Float [100]
Asynchronous Timer: frames=7
Sword Glow
Sword Glow
Synchronous Time: frames=2
11050100: 0-1
Else:
Graphic Effect
End If

Doval

Smash Lord
I don't see anything wrong unless your Sword Glow parameters are off. Worst case scenario delete that PAC and save it again. I've already had 2 occasions where PSA saved the PAC wrong or something and my game crashed in the CSS after I picked the character.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
OK. Wario froze the game. All I did was try to jab after a down taunt.
Can someone tell me the problem?

I set the GFX parameter to

If Bit Is Set: LA-Float [100]
Sword Glow
Sword Glow
Synchronous Time: frames=2
11050100: 0-1
Else:
Graphic Effect

End If
Does it literally say "Graphic effect" or does it have any code for the effect?
If it just has "Graphic effect, get rid of everything I bolded and try that. Sorry if that was vague, but I don't have access to PSA, so I can't really check out Wario's jab.

Edit: Ninja'D by someone who actually knows what they're doing

Is anyone going to make a pac for Falco? I'd love to see how ******** the hit box on phantasm is.
Started on Falco's .pac last night, but the "specials" tab scares me. Phantasms are the first thing I'll try when I get home, though!

shanus

Smash Hero
Are you using PSA 1.3 or an older build?

Check your file size changes, as I'd imagine it could be due to 1.3

Doval

Smash Lord
PSA 1.3 gives problems? Does the file size need to stay below certain values or something?

This is the first time I've had to do anything with PSA since the day it came out so I'm pretty much out of the loop here.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hmm, i might undertake doing the ice climber one during next week considering this week is hell in terms of HW.

First time using PSA is fun fun lol

shanus

Smash Hero
PSA 1.3 gives problems? Does the file size need to stay below certain values or something?

This is the first time I've had to do anything with PSA since the day it came out so I'm pretty much out of the loop here.
PSA 1.3 when you save a file can sometimes randomly add on like 14kb. When that happens, you will crash at CSS or early entry into the match itself.

I strictly use .21 except for when I need to edit PT or D3 in which case I use dantarion's version of 1.3. However, in the short time of using 1.3, i had that error occur frequently.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If someone can do Peach, I'll love you forever.

Also, it's worth noting that Peach's hitbox interact oddly with float. For example, if you float bair someone, and release the float during the hit, it hits twice. I'm curious if you'd see any change in a hitbox video.

I'm reeaaaallly curious to see Lucario's boxes too XD

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm very interested in seing DDDs standing grab compared to his pivot grab compared to his dash grab.

EDIT- or does D3 still not work?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
@phootbag: this process uses a specific graphic, a yellow orb, that happens to match the hitbox size perfectly, so different colors aren't an easy option.
I realize that. I'm asking if there is such thing as a "blue orb" or something.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm very confused as to the process, so I have no idea how any of this works. All I know is, I can't wait until people start accumulating hitbox data. Is there anything I can do to help, with my 0 experience and knowledge with this kind of ****?

Also, next person who asks for a specific character to get done gets punched in the face.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I am currently working on ICs. =_= Don't hold your breath, rofl.

bigman40

Smash Master
Okay, I started trying to edit the files by what doval has shown, but Yoshi's hitboxes are coming out much bigger than normal and the timing for how long the hitboxes last on certain moves are incorrect. I'm fairly sure that I'm not doing anything wrong considering that I have gotten the jabs correct.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I demand you pull your head out of your *** and wait patiently. People aren't here to answer to your whims. It will get done when people get to it.
... I didn't see that comment...
:teeth: ... ouch

It's not a serious demand, just a suggestion. It's not like I expected anybody to do it.

Top Bottom