• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash III - CT - Sept 11th - Fatal, Darc.. Cort?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Since Juan copped out.

Denny's MM Jona?

Loser buys winner Denny's

Ya can't tell me you don't like Denny's lol.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Since Juan copped out.

Denny's MM Jona?

Loser buys winner Denny's

Ya can't tell me you don't like Denny's lol.
I HATE DENNY'S

and if you main jiggs im gonna be so mad

ill probably go marth

but really i dont like dennys

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I HATE DENNY'S

but really i dont like dennys
Wtffff dude? $5 MM then?

And I'm not sure who I main any more <_<. Playing Kupo15 last weekend has me all confused as to where my priorities are LOL.

I probably won't MM w/ Jiggs though.
Lol@Marth.
I eat Marth for breakfast w/ Jiggs.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Party at Dennys without Jona.
CT parties suck anyways

loooooool

Wtffff dude? $5 MM then?

And I'm not sure who I main any more <_<. Playing Kupo15 last weekend has me all confused as to where my priorities are LOL.

I probably won't MM w/ Jiggs though.
Lol@Marth.
I eat Marth for breakfast w/ Jiggs.
lol 5 is cool

lol@eatmymarthforbreakfastw/jiggs

i eat jiggs for lunch w/ marth

and dennys is ok

it sucks tho

compared to everywhere else

strawhats

Smash Master
i gotta go to Five Guys again.

Its too legit.

and CC i'll friendly you dont think ill be doing MMs

marth vs. puff

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i didnt know smash fests were parties

NY is doing it wrong

@strawhats

theres a 5 guys in Middletown

im gonna go there at like 11 30 for lunch

probly again for dinner lmao

Banks

Smash Hero
its not limited to who i play

i wouldnt mind recording matches for ppl that want them record

plus tourney matches

my laptop can record for like 50 days straight lol

im just sayin

its way easier, ill be at the controls

anyone can do commentary

bring a mic or use the one on my laptop

na mean ?
if that's the case you should def talk to jake about setting your laptop up on the biggest/best tv there and recording anything important / get in your mm's sets in between those

cuz i don't think we have any waffleProgs going to this, and it'd be ill if we got all the losers/winners/grand finals for teams and singles recorded

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Normally I'd be down to record all of those matches, but I'm probably not going to have my equipment on me, and I'm even less likely to be there the entire time.

Unless the tournament wraps up quickly or something...then I might be able to.
-DD

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
For the Melee players coming: I have some friends that are casual/good level, but would it be worth it for a player like that to pay $15 for this tournament? I was thinking that they might not enjoy it that much if there are only going to be about 10 people in the Melee tourney and just a few set-ups.

I don't want to advise them to come, and then they don't have a good time (as something like that's happened before). The more info I can get about the Melee portion of this to let my friends make a decision for themselves, the better. Thanks.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
There will be way more than 10 people and a few set ups.

They should come. Your first tournament is always a memorable experience. Especially if your first tournament is run by Jake.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
denny's is the bomb. it definitely depends on service, though. i've been to denny's with bad service and it feels like your typical diner. so i am sure your mileage may vary.
my laptop records stuff, too...and jona's hookin' me up with a cd-r w00t. so i'll be able to record stuff in HQ. if you have seen the videos in my youtube channel, that's the consistent quality. i'll also bring a mic for commentary lulz. we're going to have so many recording setups. delicious.

banks: i totally don't have 5 extra bucks but we should do falco/sheik anyway. i should have a couple bucks at least :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
For the Melee players coming: I have some friends that are casual/good level, but would it be worth it for a player like that to pay $15 for this tournament? I was thinking that they might not enjoy it that much if there are only going to be about 10 people in the Melee tourney and just a few set-ups.

I don't want to advise them to come, and then they don't have a good time (as something like that's happened before). The more info I can get about the Melee portion of this to let my friends make a decision for themselves, the better. Thanks.
They don't have anything better to spend it on, imo.
If they don't have a good time it was because they didn't assert themselves and get their own playtime.
-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

Make them come and pay $5 venue fee. They can play all the friendlies they want, and then decide whether or not they want to enter the actual tourney when signups start.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Make them come and pay $5 venue fee. They can play all the friendlies they want, and then decide whether or not they want to enter the actual tourney when signups start.
What? That's a terrible idea. They would never enter!
Just walk in, put your $15 on the table, and enjoy the day.
-DD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not true back when we held SOTP a lot of the times guys would come in pop the venue play friendlies and still enter.

DD some people don't mind getting beat if they plan on learning the game, they don't get butt hurt after they lose and more often then not if they enjoy the friendlies they play, the people the meet etc, the come back regardless of getting 2-0'd.

I came back after that happened at my first tourneys, you probably did too etc.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Just saying they should go regardless.

I'm up in the air about going. The earliest I could get there is probably around 4.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Amateur bracket should be implemented, though it might be a little too much?
So I'll be there for sure, that's cool.
SSSSSIIICKKKKKKKKKK.
-
if ma is going to this, i want to play mafia. srsly i haven't played a peach since you but i feel i've gotten like three times better.

habichuelas

i hate puerto rican food

NO DEAL
i do too.

pfffft 1$ then.

and ***** bloodcross hop off. amateur bracket isnt because of size, it's so the newbies get to play more since i doubt we're doing pools. from the look of this, there are some really new people to the scene coming. more than 5* entering melee who are friends who literally just started or first tourney. yeah . . . *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom