• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vro Zone II. | Chicago Suburbs | Get ready for Sakurai 3!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I have pink eye. I would have loved to be there. As for tre, i take credit for that because i invited him to smash with us the night before.

Vro

Smash Lord
This is the last Vro Zone until further notice. Have a fun and safe summer until I return.

kfreshz

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly new to Smashboards so I don't know much that goes on... But anyway, Vro Zone II is still on for July 8th right? I along with a couple of my friends would like to attend if it is still happening.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
july 8th is such a wierd date. Josh, can u give me a ride? I can get to your place around 2PM (when my class ends)

Tink

Smash Hero
if this one is looking big...we should get a tournament going at it =)....everyone loves a good player tournament!

Vro

Smash Lord
Since I come back one the 5th, I don't want to have anything too soon. The 8th will be the first and expect a tourney on the following Saturday. Afterwards you can expect the normal Tues/Thur/Satr schedule.

If there are more than 12 people on the first Thursday, I will have an impromptu $5 tourney. The venue fee will stand as a normal smashfest.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
when do ppl general get there?

...and i can't skip class =\

Dart!

Smash Master
well its starts at..3 i think? and i don't want to drive there and back for the smashfest then the tourney so i was gonna see if we could stay somewhere friday.

Tink

Smash Hero
oh man, 2 tournaments could be going down within 3 days =). that would be epic and greattt practice. since i choked my last tournament =) im looking to play good these ones...yayuhZ.

ill be bringing a setup both days, and i could easily see getting 12 ppl thursday....specially if maybe purdue comes/Wi.

also, ima yell at biggy to get a Mi car to come one of the days...but idk if he will :/.

Tink

Smash Hero
its always pretty laxed at the smashfest...so we prolly wont start singles till later...and they will be pools to bracket sooo....idk if thats helps any -_-.

Dart!

Smash Master
well...how later? if we leave RIGHT at 2. which we won't, we'd be there by maybe 5 if we're lucky. if you did pools we'd have to instantly take last seed since we wouldn't be there in time to play any matches.

Vro

Smash Lord
It's pretty lax, which you guys are overlooking. Even tho doors open at 3, most people don't show up until 5 or 6. If we do see enough attendance, the tourney will likely start at 7pm.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm coming to this shindig next weekend if I don't have to work.
I heard you live near Union Station, Cary. Is this true? Could somebody pick me up when I get here and drop me off when I have to catch the train back?
I would probably need housed for one night because I doubt there's a late train coming back to Springfield
edit:or I can drive to peoria and snag a ride with ptown. I'm fine with whatevs

Vro

Smash Lord
Union Station is in the loop of Chicago. You are correct in that my apt in Chi is close to there. Should you decide to take a train from outta town to Union, your best bet is to transfer onto the BNSF Metra line to Hinsdale, where we can pick you up. I'll update more information in the OP when I return.

Thursday will have normal Smashfest protocal, as will Saturday's tourney have normal tournament protocal.

Vro

Smash Lord
lol nice job george. i usually use firefox that spellchecks as i type. sveet as i've said a billion times before, if there is enough attendance and interest i will make a bracket.

getting on flight. go go go

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Wish I could go to this. But I think I'd much rather go to Six Flags lol, the messed up thing was that we were supposed to go on the 15th. Hopefully I'll be at the next one though.

ORLY

Smash Master
I'll def. be there on thursday! I've been smashed-starved this week.

Top Bottom