• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jupz

Smash Master
I was just watching them then, it seems insane. almost finished the first match. everyones improved so much :o

well nothing really we did 7 days of skiiing and 2 break days after 5 days (my birthday was on one of them :) ) But im glad we spent most of the time skiiing because its the funnest thing in the world ;)

also like 4 or 5 other schools from WA came along. they were staying in the same towns as us and one school stayed in the same hotel.

congrats on the tourney guys ;)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Glad to hear you had fun Jupz. Yeah I want to go skiing one day, or snowboarding.

Oh and I expect to see some epic hacky sack sills next tournament.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
friend's b'day today so couldn't go to anigames also wasn't going to go to it because it is too far. Supanova's a different story.

e- i use firefox. Currently it isn't stuffing up.

also, new video up starring my bro being a terrorist. ONLY ACTING.

Jupz

Smash Master
thanks marteh :D

also yeah someones gotta bring a hacky to the next tourney

im off to bed

(i spent last night in christchurch and i went to bed at 12 when we had to wake up at 4 for a flight, plus its midnight in NZ right now so good night)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
4th at Anigames Brawl (4 way free-for-alls, and lol at the round where we were all on Hyrule XD) and 2nd in retro games challenge. Woot! To top it off, just found this picture of awesomness!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There was some crazy one-shot-you're-dead game on the Sega Saturn, Ikruga (sp) on the Dreamcast, and Donkey Kong and Bubble Bobble on an emulator. I kicked *** at Bubble ^^

They also had Brawl, Tekkan, Soul Caliburs, one of those awesome Japanese Naurto fighting games, Mario Kart, Wii sports, Table Hockey and a few others. Was a blast!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Oh god I love Bubble Bobble, I was actually thinking next Smashfest I have Bubble Bobble + So who's up for 4 players on it :p

And yeah if you dont love Retro, you suck lol. I love my shooters, like Contra, Zero Wing, etc

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
oh they had naruto ultimate ninjastorm???????? if I knew i would of came with like 2-3 other friends. But then my friend's party. I'm bloody immortal in that game. naa jokes. just pewn everyone i know... haven't met any pros.

nice cpt falcon pic.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Issue is Mic alot of games like that really dont live up to the hype unfortunatly, although I might have to give this one a try, I mean heck R4's are cool kids!

And:

Heck yeah, Alzi is the man, not sure if I'll use it on this forum due to the "Posts must be longer then the sig" and I'm not really one for long posts, but it'll be turning up places, cheers dude.

Alzi

Smash Master
Hahaha Thanks Marteh. It's just hard to work with 8bit images. I could make you one with a normal airman picture later on or when you request again.

Welcome back jupz, sounds like you had fun in New Zealand except for that delay of flights.

Also mic that is a awesome picture.

Last 2 days i have been playing The Conduit with Richard online just 1 vs 1 and it is definatly fun. I kept getting ***** though. xD Bob when you get it we will play with you aswell so it's 3 people. Plus it doesn't lag as much.

Also the single player mode is short i believe how Richard was telling me. I'm already on the 4th mission and i think theres only 9 and your having fun that you don't realise how quick you complete each mission. Well when you die a few times it does take long and you do rage alittle.

Jupz

Smash Master
COD:WAW but i cant find my usb connector so NVM.

i might be getting conduit, but for me I don't tend to buy games unless I plan on getting great at them, and i just don't have time to get good at conduit.

its different in year 11. last year I had time to get good at Mkwii and call of duty, but this year i dont have enough spare time :(

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Heh Jupz, year 11 I used to go to bed 3am, wake up 6am, do all my assignments the day they were due and have a B average. Year 12 I applied myself, got at least 6 hours sleep a night, did all my assignments with care and got a C average. Screw attention :p

But actually it's good your looking at a bigger perspective.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Heh I'm starting tafe (cert 3 I.T) tomoz..Well the orientation, I'm going to miss my days of waking up at noon, eating eggs and bacon and playing/doing whatever I feel like.

Alas free time, I barely knew thee.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah I usually try to plan them out but sometimes I just leave them to the last day. Also yeah Marteh study dosen't really matter that much. My friend takes year 11 really seriously, he studies heaps for each test, on the normal maths exam i didnt study at all and he put like 8 hours in, I got 89% and he got 91% :|

and hes smarter then me :p

Good luck Marteh ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
Personlly assignments and test and exams will not teach me anything good i just need to pass them to get to that one step further to a better record.

For graphics you just need to be good at graphics and sketching and have a level 2 or 3 in english to get in it and learn it at uni. I'm really not that smart in english, maths, science and all the others i just study for an hour or 10 minutes depends on my mood and then just do the test next day. Homework i always complete though and if i don't understand it i just switch to "random nerd mode" where i pretend i am a nerd and understand what i am writing and it works somtimes.

Jupz you should just get a game you enjoy playing. I played some online today on Conduit and i was always on the bottom on scores but i just enjoed killing people :) lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Congrats on 1,000 Jupz

AND DAM* FF9, I FINALLY GET MY PS1 WORKING AGAIN, GO TO FIGHT A BOSS AND HE ANNIHILATES ME BECAUSE HE KNOCKS OUT MY TWO MELEE FIGHTERS AND MY MAGIC USERS ARE HITTING LIKE 400 DAMAGE OUT OF 60,000 DUE TO HIS BULLS*IT SPELLS!

Jupz

Smash Master
thanks marteh ;)

also yeah good point alzi but i just think its a waste of money if I don't play it that much. is it fun btw?

Alzi

Smash Master
Single player i've like almost completed it doesn't go for that long. Richard told me if i put it on a harder difficulty it will go for longer.

I play with Richard and it is fun. I prefer the human weapons though not those alien charge up guns and crap.

Alzi

Smash Master
If you mean difficulty i think theres 3 only.

Just keep an eye out Big W will go crazy with the price one day.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I dropped out after yr 11 to work for 5 years in all kinds of jobs_ Trust me when i say 'go to school/ uni to get the job you want'_ Seriously wonder why i wasted those years of my life_ Time to play catch-ups_

Muzga

Smash Ace
I dropped out after yr 11 to work for 5 years in all kinds of jobs_ Trust me when i say 'go to school/ uni to get the job you want'_ Seriously wonder why i wasted those years of my life_ Time to play catch-ups_
although not to the same extent i can kinda relate to this; my year 12 was messed up because i was doing the equivalent of a tade course at the same time. the problem is that to get the cert i actually need to finish year 12 properly.
Spent a year off working full time at mcdonalds, i was lazy and id had enough of school. now im at tuart hill getting good year 12 grades when i should be in me second year at uni.

If youre gonna do school, do it right

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I intend on finishing year 12 and going to Uni but after year 12 I'm going to take a break before I go straight to Uni. Me and a few mates will be going on a roadtrip around Australia. I also plan to eventually backpack around Europe and America for a few years.

Vlade

Social Outcast
It's early, but I'm still undecided as to whether I should have a gap year or not.

I would probably want a break from school, but at the same time would want to get on with my life.

What are the pros and cons of a gap year?

Jupz

Smash Master
Well I'm going to new zealand again for skiing and hopefully to the USA aswell in the summer months.
im gonna go strait to uni, im looking to do something like engineering or quantum physics (really interesting to me :p )

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone:

With an item, you can drop it without throwing it. Dropping it as in its speed is only given by gravity. How do you do this on GC controller. Hope that makes sense. e.g. like how Alzi does it with toon link's bomb and it is so bloody smooth. Hope someone catches my drift : P thanks.

Top Bottom