• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
I just press x since that is my grab button i find it easier to Zair with toon link well... Xair lol.

As for school i will complete year 12 and maybe go straight to uni instead of getting a 1 year break.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I don't use a component cable, but then I just use a good old CRT TV, so it doesn't matter much.

As for everyone with ideas of a year off, I had that as well, hence why I spent so long with tafe, it was 9 months off school and trust me after the first 4 or so it really loses it's touch, sure take some time off but a year is quite a bit.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh Jupz theres this online mode on Conduit called the ASE or somthing.

What you do is someone starts off with the ASE which is this round ball you hold in your hand and you have to run away with it and avoid getting killed. Almost impossible as you are not allowed to use any weapons once you have it you just run for your life and with 12 others chasing you or so expect to get shot quickly. So what i basically do in that mode when they vote on it i just shoot anyone i see much more fun then chasing a guy with a ball.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I used to use a CRT TV, but since I just recently got an HD TV I was forced to buy component cables to alleviate as much of the button input lag as possible.

The difference in display is quite significant though

Alzi

Smash Master
Now when you go to tourneys you won't be use to those t.v's as much. Which i think might effect play.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
It's early, but I'm still undecided as to whether I should have a gap year or not.

I would probably want a break from school, but at the same time would want to get on with my life.

What are the pros and cons of a gap year?
When (or if) you have a desire to accomplish something whether it be some Uni degree or something else then a gap year seems like a pretty useless choice. It doesnt make sense to 'wait' a year to begin accomplishing what you enjoy and what you want to do. If you dont know what you want to do then a gap year should result in time for you to properly figure out what you want to do and then the following year you can begin. As for me, im stuck. I'm doing a mathematics/semi-engineering course atm simply because out of all subjects, the one I am most interested in is maths. Narrowing down a specific job that I want to do is pretty impossible for me at the moment :/

Oh and I know this sounds crazy and I myself considered completely ridiculous and stupid when I heard it but BELIEVE ME, you will miss highschool :(

I dont know why I'm still awake so I'm going to sleep and wake up at like 1pm!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Oh and I know this sounds crazy and I myself considered completely ridiculous and stupid when I heard it but BELIEVE ME, you will miss highschool :(
Truer words have never been spoken.

I dont know why I'm still awake so I'm going to sleep and wake up at like 1pm!
In other news, this was roughly the time I fell asleep last night, this is the time I'm leaving for tafe, won't be back till 4:30.. JOY..*grabs more coffee*

Jupz

Smash Master
yeah i know im gonna miss highschool, like I missed primary school when i went to highschool but im starting something new and fun so its not as bad.

people always say uni is the best.

Alzi

Smash Master
Working and getting along with life is what i think is best.

First day back at school today. >_> I just cannot be bothered to do anymore. I didn't get enough sleep last night went to bed at 9:00 pm and didn't go to sleep until 1:00 am. My dad came back from Sydney and i was still in bed and i last heard him talk about somthing and i asked my mum what time it was and she said it was 1:00 am so thats how i know when i went to sleep. :p

Looks like i won't turn on the wii until saturdays and sundays now.

Jupz

Smash Master
aaww i wanted to brawl tonight alzi :(

anyone cod or brawl tonight? or mario kart?

yeah first day back today. really couldn't be bothered doing anything, now ive got a ****load of homework :(

Alzi

Smash Master
Some teachers tell me to revise certain stuff or do homework but they are those teachers who never check it anyways. We started doing probability in maths today. I might come to you corps on msn randomlly and ask some questions lol.

Jupz i don't have time to really brawl during school days since i come home eat go on computer check some things do homework if i have any then work out have a small rest after that drink milk then shower then come back on computer. Going to finish off some request in my shop slowly during the week.

I can brawl Friday actually i'm always free then if i have no homework.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
This has been my world long before it was yours :)
In his world (Sam's world)
Where I feel strong
In his world (Sam's world)
Never fear the fall

Okay I like that song, heck it was done by my favourite band, just don't like Sonic 06.

Just did my first hands-on with Camera work and editing using Final Cut Pro 6_ Have to say my mind has exploded but **** am i addicted_ 2 weeks till i get my laptop_
How's that program, I've tried using Sony Vegas, and despite it being good I found quite a few issues with it, such as not being able to fade out text and no pause video option. Good program, just complicated and can't do some simple tasks.

Also should have an external Hard Drive tomoz which will be good if I give a designated partition to Wii games due to USB loader, I think I can actually run brawl at 60hz without all the loading issues, which would be lovely :p.

Edit: The next day
So I was trying to get the Brawl ISO on my pocket hardrive, and couldnt think for the life of me why it wouldn't work. Then I realised it's formated in FaT32, which can only store files up to 4gb on it. REFORMAT AWAY

Vlade

Social Outcast
I use Sony Vegas and it's quite good, but obviously not as full-on as the software bob is using. Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro are the elite in the video editting industry as far as I know.

SeedOfYggdrasil

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new to this site, but I'm a Smash fan from wayyyyy back.
Me and my mate think we're pretty good at it, but we've only really got each other to vs.
I was wondering if any of you guys host mini tourny style things at home or if you know of a place that has regular tourny's.

I'm open to chatting with other Smash players on msn, mykehyde@live.com.au
Feel free to add me.

Jupz

Smash Master
I'll add you two later tonight, my MSN is billy_1231@msn.com

We have quite a few tournies, some are in Joondalup which I know is far away from where you are but maybe you could catch a lift with someone?

Bob (Bsrk_ on Smashboards) holds tournies in rockingham but I don't know the current story as he recently moved house.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Welcome to the perth smash community. I see you're from Rockingham.

Currently I'm the one hosting tournaments in Joondalup, so when the next one is announced (which won't be for a while) then be sure to attend! ;)

We're all cool, and we love having new people in the scene.

Welcome

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
May acquire it but not by legal methods :p
And always nice to see new people in the scene. I also assume by the name you've played Tales of Symphonia/Whatever the other one was with it XD

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Hey Seed welcome to the scene_

We host tournaments monthly_ Information on any upcoming tournaments and events can be found in this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227548

We have just started officially ranking players since our last tournament so you've come by just in time ;) _ I will have something a bit more formal on that link soon once Vyse gets back from the U.S.A so there is only a rough copy up atm_

I live in Rocko and usually have a couple of friends over just for practice etc on thursdays since it's my only day off uni, so feel free to drop me a line sometime if you feel like having a few scratch matches with some locals_ 0458125849_

Good to see you last night Marteh_ Your marth is improving alot_ I'm impressed with your recoveries and edgeguarding_ Brawl+ was a good laugh i can't believe i got falcon knee'd by you twice >_<

Tried out Brawl+ and it has been a laugh, feels pretty unusual though due to speed increase and what feels like input lag? Overall i would say it has been fairly well polished since i have last followed up on it, alongside some nice changes that should have been in Brawl first off! I'm sure Mic would love the concept of being able to play Charizard, Squirtle or Ivysaur as individual pokemon ;) I know i did and since playing it my attitude towards it has changed significantly_

Vlade Adobe Premiere is pretty subpar compared to FCP6 and Avid_ Those 2 are the leading programs for editing in the industry_

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Hey guys I'm in Bali, it's pretty good living like a king. Don't expect me to bring back anything for you. :p I'll make a long post detailing my time when I get back next week, I don't have much net access but I'll pop in every now and then. :)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
-Trav
Wait wait wait wait!
We weren't told of this before why? Still hoping your having fun amigo.

Eh I'd post more but I'm watching Gurren Lagann, but I agree, why do we have to wait for the listings?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
We have to wait for my triumphant return to top tourney placers THEN we can put the rankings up :) You were not told because it's top secret and could've compromised the success of my mission.

Top Bottom